Chp 1 Pilot

Forbidden

I’m Go Hyeri. I am an orphan that live with Sister Minah at the catholic church orphanage. According to everyone, I was left alone on the step of the church as a baby. No one knew me nor did they know where I came from. I was raised alongside with all the other orphans that were like me. One by one everyone eventually got adopted except me. Years went by and I was still living in the orphanage; I eventually became content with the fact that I would never get adopt and have a family.

 

 

Hyeri walks out of a building with a small paper in her hand, she looked very disappointed. “How am I supposed to help out the orphanage with this? I can barely pay off one bill with this.” She sighs, “Sister Minah is going to be so upset.” She suddenly hears some jingling and running coming from behind her.

“WOOF! WOOF!” she turns around to see a Siberian Husky running towards her. Everyone was dodging out of the way. “WOOF! WOOF!”

“Someone grab that dog!” a middle age man was running after the dog yelling, “Stop him!”

Hyeri quickly stops with her arms wide open ready to catch the dog. She took a deep breath and looked into the dog’s eye. As it got closer to her it slowed down and stop right in front of her.

“That is a good boy.” She slowly reached her hand out to the dog.

“Don’t do that!” the guy yells, but Hyeri had her hand on the dog’s head already. The man was astonished. Hyeri was petting the dog and it was her face.

“That is a good boy.” She looks under the dog, “I mean girl.” She laughed, “You are a beautiful dog.” The husky was white with a soft grey coat that went from her head to tail and she had beautiful light blue eyes. “Why did you run away like that? It isn’t very safe to be running around here especially since it the city.” The guy kept his eyes on her “Ajussi?” she looks at him, “Ajussi!”

“Ne?”

“Gweanchanah?”

“Ne, ne.” he took a deep breathe, “She didn’t hurt you, did she?”

“Her?” she seems confused, “She a nice dog.” She rubs the dog’s head and hands the leash back to the man, “Be more careful next time.”

“Thank you very much.” He turns to leave but the dog sat right done and didn’t budge. “Let’s go.” he tries again but failed. Hyeri laughs as she sees the man struggle.

“I can see you aren’t the actual master of this dog.”

“Ne, I’m just a dogwalker.” She squats down to the dog’s level and smile.

“What is her name?”

“Luna.”

“Well, Luna,” Hyeri spoke softly, “It time for you to go back home, arraso. Also, be nice to this ajussi. You’re too strong.”

Instantly Luna got up and walked the other direction, “Thanks,” said the man before getting dragged away by Luna. Hyeri laughed but also kept to herself. As she turns to leave she hears people talking and whispering.

“Did you see that?”

“She was able to calm that dog down just by talking to it.”

“I know.”

“Maybe she is one of them.”

“shhh.” A lady says, “She can hear you.”

“She probably is.” Said the guy, “They said that Vamps have different ability than humans do. She can probably talk to animals because she is one.”

Hyeri ignored the people and walked away. As a man walks passed her she felt a cold breeze pass by her. She ly to see his back.

 

            She went back to the orphanage and was greeted by two Rottweilers. They were jumping up and down. She squats to greet them and they greeted her back with kisses. “Arraso, Arraso,” she stood up, “Sit.” They both sat right away. “Good Boys.”

            “Hyeri-ah, is that you?”

            “Ye.” She answers, “Alright I be right back.” She gives them treats. She enters the chapel to find Sister Minah sitting in the chair praying.

            “So…” Minah talked.

            “What?” Hyeri sits next to her.

            “How was your day?” Hyeri thought about Luna.

            “Okay.” She looks at Minah, “But…I don’t know what to do. I feel like what I’m earning isn’t going to help with much.” She hands Minah the money.

            “Hyeri.” She gives the money back to Hyeri, “If you don’t have money don’t sweat it. God will provide.”

            “Sister.”

            “Hyeri, do you think the reason you aren’t getting a lot of money is because you barely work?”

            “I really don’t know what I like?”

            “You seem to like animals and kids.” Minah pats Hyeri’s hand, “Why don’t you go work with animals? You’re pretty good with the two boys.”

            “That is because I trained them.”

            “Yes, and you trained them without being trained yourself. It a gift Hyeri-ah.”

            “What should I do?”

            “There are many option.” Minah was thinking, “There is dog walking, training, even dog sitting.”

            “I don’t know.”

            “You never know until you try. Go apply for ads online. I’m pretty sure you can do it.”

            “Arraso. I’ll do it.”

            Hyeri heads into the room where she sleeps with all the other orphans.  She grabs her notebook and puts it in her bag.

            “Unnie.” A little girl about ten years comes to her “Where are you going?”

            “Unnie is going to the library.” she sits down on her bed to get to the girl’s height. “Why?” she notices the little girls’ red eyes, “What is wrong?”

            “unnie.” She said in a sad voice, “Can I go with you to the library?”

            “First you got to tell unnie why you were crying?” the little girl’s eyes began to tear up, “Mela, stop crying and tell unnie what is the matter?”

            “I am scared.”

            “Scared of what?” Hyeri was confused.

            “Some of the kids at school told me that if I don’t get adopted soon…” she wipes her tears, “the orphanage is going to give me to the vampires.” She holds Hyeri’s hand, “Am 1?”

            “Bwoh-yah!” she laughs, “Mela, unnie has been in this orphanage since unnie was baby and unnie still here. Those kids don’t know what they are talking about. If that is true unnie will protect you.” She smiles, “How about this if you stop crying unnie will take you with unnie and you can check out as many books as possible, arraso?” Mela nod and they leave. “Kaja.”

 

            Hyeri and Mela went to the store to buy grocery for the orphanage. As she was walking down the aisle she saw a cute toy that looked like the husky she had seen earlier that day. She places the dog in her basket and continues walking.

            “Get away from me you vampire!” Hyeri looked up and saw a woman yelling at a child, “Everyone saw those fangs, right? Right?” People started to gather, “Go back to where you came from.” The woman was hysterical.

            “Yah!” a woman came to defend the child, “He is just a child, leave him alone.”

            “That doesn’t mean he isn’t a blood monster.”

            “Yah isn’t that a little too harsh!”

            “Why!” the woman yells, “Are you one too? Is that why you are protecting him?”

            “I’m protecting him because he is a child.”

            “Mela.” She hands her the basket, “Stay here okay.” Hyeri walked over to where the ladies were arguing. “Excuse me.” The ladies stopped and looked at her “Please stop, you guys are disturbing everyone.”

            “What is it to you?”

            “Ajumma, I think it would be better if you just leave the child alone. He hasn’t done anything wrong.”

            “How would you know?”

            “Because I’ve been watching you guys from afar to notice that this child hasn’t done anything. Also, aren’t you being a little dramatic about this even for a woman of your age and stature.”

            “Bwoh?”

            “You seem to come from a nice and well-off family, you should act like it.” Hyeri smiles, “We are supposed to live peaceful with them not make them different from us.” Hyeri sigh, “hopefully you learn that.”

            “HaNeul-ah.” A woman came running, “Where did you go?”

            “Umma!” he ran to his mom crying.

            “What is wrong?”

            “That ajumma called me a vampire.”

            “Bwoh!” she looks up at who he pointed at, “Yah, did you call my son a vampire.”

            “I did.” The lady acted cocky, “What is it to you?”

            “Do you know who I am?” she seemed angry, “I’m the mayor’s wife.” The lady got scared. Hyeri just chuckled and walked back to Mela.

            “Mela, kaja.”

“Unnie, why did you do that?”

“Hmm?”

“Why did you protect that boy like that?”

“Mela, you will learn that no one deserve to be talked down to, even those that are different from you and me. Everyone has feelings.”

           

The Next Day

Hyeri woke up early to do the laundry and made breakfast for the kids before they left. She hung the bedsheet to dry on the lines.

“Umm excuse me?” she heard someone from the fence. Hyeri wipes her hands on her pants and walked over.

            “How can I help you?” she asked. A man in a black suit and sunglasses was standing on the other side.

            “Are you Ms. Go Hyeri?”

            “I am.” She was confused.

            “What wrong Hyeri?” Sister Minah walked out and saw the man, “How can I help you?”

            “My madam would like to talk to Ms. Go Hyeri?”

            “I am Hyeri’s guardian, if your madam wants to talk to her she is going to have to talk to me instead.”

            “I don’t think that would be necessary Minah,” the both looked to the side and saw the Mayor’s wife.

            “Julia.” Sister Minah smiles, “how are you?”

            “Great.” She gives Sister Minah a hug, “I didn’t you would still be here.”

            “Where else would I be?” she sighs, “So why are you here?” Julia looks at Hyeri,

            “I’m here for her.”

            “Hyeri, what did you do?” Sister Minah freaked out, “Julia, if she did something wrong I am so sorry.”

            “Ani Minah.” She smiles, “Hyeri here protected my son last night. I tried looking for her after the incident but I couldn’t find her. So, I went to the security room to find out that she lives her.” She walks up to Hyeri, “I want to thank you for helping my son. I don’t know how bad things would have gotten if you weren’t there.”

            “I was happy to help. No child should endure that kind of treatment ever.”

            “Ne.” she holds Hyeri’s hand, “And for that I’ll be helping out the orphanage with whatever it needs from now on forth.” Sister Minah and Hyeri stares at each other, “If the kids here need anything let me know.”

            “Thank you so much.” Hyeri bow, “Thank you.”

            “I bought some food and school supplies for the orphanage first as thanks.” She signaled for the guys to bring it. A couple of men in black suit starts to bring in the boxes. The kids all ran out and became excited.

            “UMMA!” the boy ran out from the car

            “HaNeul-ah,” she hugs him, “That the noona that you were talking about, right?” he nods, “Go say thank you.” He runs to Hyeri

            “Noona, gomawoyo.”

            “You’re welcome.”  Hyeri smiles, “Don’t let anyone talk down to you like that ever again.” She pats his head. HaNeul nods. Mela runs over to Hyeri.

            “Unnie, this is also exciting.” She smiles until she notices Haneul. She became bright red.

            “Mela why don’t you take Haneul to go look around.” Mela nods and Haneul follows. Her phone began to ring.

            “Yeobosaeyo?”

            “Yeobosaeyo, is this Go Hyeri?”

            “ye.”

            “I’m calling regarding your job application that was put up yesterday.” The guys said from over the phone, “Is it okay if you come by today? We just lost our guy yesterday.”

            “That will be fine.” She smiles, “what time would be okay?”

            “Anytime this afternoon.”

            “I’ll be there in an hour.” Hyeri was smiling from ear to ear.

            “Arraso, I’ll text you the address.”

            “Thank you very much.” She hung up the phone, “Everything is going so well today.”

            “Hyeri,” Minah walks over to her, “You’ve done a great job. Julia has decided to sponsor the kids and help them find their forever home.”

            “That is awesome.” Hyeri smiles, “Sister Minah I have an interview later this afternoon, so I might not make it back in time for lunch.”

            “You do you Hyeri. Don’t be nervous.” Hyeri nods her head as a message came through from her phone.

            “I’ll see you later.” Hyeri leaves to grab her things. As Hyeri passed Julia she noticed something about Hyeri. Minah walked out to talk to Julia again.

            “Thanks again for the supplies.”

            “No problem I was more than happy.” Minah notice the look on Julia’s face, “Is something the matter?”

            “Nothing…I just feel like I’ve seen Hyeri before.” She looks at Minah.

            --------------

            Hyeri arrives at a manor with iron gates. The driveway made a U-turn from the front of the building back towards the entrance. Hyeri felt scared but happy at the same time. She was about to press the buzzer.

            “Hello?” she jumped so high as she heard the voice from behind her. A young man about the same age stood there. His skin was pale, reddish lips, dark brown hair and his eyes were almost green to her “I’m sorry did I scare you?”

            “No, I’m fine.” She was so intrigued by his beauty and charms.

            “That is good.” He smiles, “So why are you here at the gate?”

            “I-I” she hesitated, “I’m here for an interview.”

            “Oh, yes for Luna.” He smirks, “Well, come in.”

            “Thank you.” She followed him in.

            “My name is JiMin by the way.” He smiles, “What is yours?”

            “Go Hyeri.”

            “Nice to meet you.”

            “WOOF! WOOF!”

            “Watch out!”

            “Luna?” Jimin said. The husky was running towards them from the back. He grabs Hyeri and moves her out of the way. Hyeri felt her heart jump a little bit, “Luna sit.” The dog didn’t listen, “Luna.” She barks back at him.

            “Luna.” Said Hyeri. Luna tilted her head, “sit.” That exactly what she did. Jimin was surprised. “Is something the matter?” she asked

            “Are yo-?”

            “Master Jimin.” An older guy ran towards him, “Are you okay?”   

            “Ajussi! Why didn’t you keep a better watch on Luna?”

            “I’m sorry. She was fine a little while ago. But as soon as you entered the gate she went crazy and ran off. I will be more careful next time.” He notices Hyeri playing with Luna, “Is she?”

            “She is the new dog sitter.” JiMin looks behind him, “She doesn’t seem like the first couple of people you have taking care of this dog.”

            “Hello.” Said Hyeri, “I am Go Hyeri.”

            “I am Junho, the caretaker of this place.” He greets her, “I see that you’ve met one of the young master and Luna.”

            “Ye.” She smiles, “I actually met Luna not too long ago.” She pets Luna. JunHo is surprised to see Luna not trying to attack Hyeri.

            “Let me show you around.” JunHo walks ahead into the house. Luna walked in behind him but before she got into the house she heard a man scream.

            “GET OUT OF THERE! IT ISN’T SAFE!”


Hello readers!!!!

I am back with a new story!!!

Hopefully you guys have been well, please read and subscribe to my story.

♥ENJOY♥