Chp 30 Stand

Forbidden

Jungkook and his brothers prepares to head out to the summoning. Jungkook sat in the back of the car with his brothers. His mind still wondering on what was going on with Hyeri.

“Are you okay?” Jin and Jimin were staring at him

“what?”

“You’ve been looking out the window since we got in the car.” Jungkook leans back and fixes his jacket.

“nothing.” The car slowly came to a complete stop.

“Young masters we have arrived.” The driver spoke. When they got off the car. The building that stood before them was a Victorian style building. A tall man in a butler suit walked up to them and greets them.

“The elders have been waiting for your arrival.” The three brother follow the man into the building. He leads them to a huge room that looked like a court room. Sitting in the front of them were the three elders. Sitting at the far right was Isabell and her family. The brothers took a seat next to their father who was to left. Once they sat down the elders began to speak.

“Today we are here to talk about the engagement bestowed onto Jeon Jungkook and So Isabell. It has seem that time has come to pass and the agreed time is upon us. But it seems like one party doesn’t not seem to agree to the arrangement.”

“That will be me your honor.” Jungkook stood up

“Waeyo.” He looks straight at Isabell

“First, we don’t get along with each other. Second, who in their right mind would marry an illegitimate child to another. Even if she is a royalty that brings no honor to us or our status. There is no benefit to either. Lastly, I believe we should have the rights to choose who we want to be with.” Everyone in the hall started to laugh.

“You think that those reasoning will suffice.”

“I know that my reasoning alone is not enough. But I won’t betray my beliefs for some old stupid traditions that are older than half of you walking corpses in this room.”

“Watch your mouth boy!” one of the elders shouted

“When are you going to learn that this halfling is never going to learn.” He smiles and takes a glance at Isabell. “You wonder why every damn vampire in this room has at least one or two illegitimate child?” He walks down the stairs onto the floor. “Why a woman is always left to die alone?” He took a quick glance at his father with a sly smirk.

“Jungkook!” Heechul shouted

“That is because of those damn arrange marriages.” Jungkook felt his heart burn, “ After one child with the arranged bride you vampires always look for more because you couldn’t find the one. You were deprive of your true love.” He looks at his father and Isabell’s father, “My mother died waiting for this bastard I call my father. He told her he would be back after impregnating her. But not even once did he show up.” The anger in his heart came out, “She waited for him until her very last breath. She believed that he would come and see her and take her to live with him. What she ended taking with her was an empty promise.” He sighs and tries not to cry, “I vow never to be like him.” He looks at the elders, “I will marry for love and I will marry only once.”

“It because of that stupid girl isn’t it?” Isabell caught everyone’s attention, “She the one you want to be with.”

“Who is this girl?”

“Someone that we are currently training.” Jimin jumps into the conversation, “She recently awaken her power and needs help controlling them.” Heechul looked at his sons.

“Who is this girl?”

“No one.” Jungkook spoke up, “She is no one, just an orphan.”

“And do you have feelings for this ‘orphan’?”

“No.” he was hesitant, “She is simply my pupil.”

“Then what is stopping you from marrying Isabell.”

“There are many things that I can list about why we aren’t the perfect match.” He sighs, “But I’ll stick to my reason that we don’t share mutual feelings. Even if you try to force me, things will get ugly. I rather be alone for the rest of my life than be with someone I don’t love.” He walks out the room.

“Jungkook!” the brother bid farewell to the elders before walking out after Jungkook

“Don’t think we have forgotten about you two.” The elders spoke up. Jin turns around

“We haven’t.” Jin looks the elders in the eye, “but like my brother, we will not let this stupid traditions rule our lives.”

----

Yuri walk into the mansion and is greeted by Luna. “Hey Luna.” She looks around, “where is everyone?” she looks around as she walked around. There was only the maids and butler around. She walks into the kitchen and sees Hyeri.

“There you are.” Yuri walks over and places the bags on the table.

“You are back.” Hyeri spoke up weakly. Yuri quickly looks at her.

“Are you okay?” She notice how pale Hyeri look. Her lips were chapped and the color seem to fade from her face.

“I’m fine I just feel a little weak.”

“You are so pale.”

“Just a little under the weather.” She smiles, “Where have you been all day?”

“I’ve went back to grab more herbs and plants for us.” She opened up the bag on the table.

“That is wonderful.” She smile as she looked at what Yuri brought. “Just out those away somewhere. I’ll use it sometime later.”

“Hyeri transferred the wound onto herself. That includes the poison from the blade that won’t let the wound heal. She will continues to bled until she receive the antidote or until she dies.”

“Hyeri you should get Mr. Kim to look at that.”

“I’m just fine. I also don’t want to bother them into making another trip out here.” She takes a deep breath.

“Where are the guys?”

“They all apparently went to the summoning earlier this morning.” Hyeri sneezes onto her arm

“Bless you.”

“Thanks.” Hyeri continues to cook

“Hyeri!” she looks at Yuri, “Your nose is bleed?”

“What?” Hyeri wipes her nose with the back of her hand, “Oh my.” She puts her head up, preventing the blood from dripping onto the floor.

“Why don’t you go and take care of that. I’ll take care of lunch.”

“Thank Yuri, you are the best.” Yuri watches as Hyeri walks away towards the restroom with her head up.

“Hyeri watch out!”

“Apa!” She hits her head on the doorway. “I’m okay.” She continues walking. Yuri clasps her hand together holding back her anger.

“Just wait.” She sigh, “You can do this.”

A younger Yuri walks home with a basket full of herbs in her hand. She walks up to a house. “Hal-eomoni, I am back.” When she entered the house it was empty, “Hal-eomoni? abeoji?” She walks around the house there was no one. “Where did everyone go?”

“Yuri!” she heard her father runs towards the house.

“Appa!”he was out of breath, “What is the matter? Where is haleomoni?” He grabs a hold Yuri’s shoulder.

“Yuri you need to run.”

“What going on appa?” she was starting to feel scared, “Where is haleomoni?”

“I’ll explain to you later. Go to the cottage in the mountain we will meet you there.” She stood still. He grabs a bag and stuff some food and potions inside of it. He hands it to her. “Take this and go. If we don’t come in three days leave the cottage and go to the realm.”

“Appa.” She started to cry

“Kaja.” He gave her a push. She shook her head, “KA!” she shook her head. The sound of foots steps inched closer and closer. Her father grabs her hand and pulls her towards the back door. “Ka!” He walks back inside but she pulls his arm

“Appa. Jebal.” The tears came down her face.

“I love you.” He caresses her face and then removes her hand. “Ka.” He closes the door. As she runs for her life she heard the commotion coming from her home. She stops and turns back. She stops herself and turns back in the other direction again.

“I have to do it for appa.” She sighs.

 

Hyeri walks back into the kitchen with toilet paper up her nose. Yuri saw her and chuckles. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah.” She sighs, “that is the second time it has happened today?”

“Are you sure you are okay?”

“Beside the fact that I felt a little weak this morning. There was nothing abnormal.”

The girls conversation stops as they hear footsteps walk towards them. The three brothers walks in and sees the girls cooking. Jimin walks over to them with a smile.

“You guys making lunch?” the girls nod, “What happened to you?” he asked Hyeri.

“All I did was sneeze and my noses started bleeding.” She continues chop veggies. Jin edges Jungkook to walk over. Jungkook sighs and follows his brother towards the island. Jungkook took a seat at the island, Jin went and grabbed three glasses and a bottle of blood wine. “So how did the hearing go?” Hyeri asked. The two older brothers looked at Jungkook. He just ignored them and drank his wine.

“Well…Jungkook definitely told the elders where he stands and his belief.”

“Oh really.” She looks at him, “And what would that be?” Jungkook ignores them

“He believes that arranged marriage are too traditional and would rather marry for love.” Hyeri looks at him

“That is really sweet.” He looks up at her, “Whoever you end up with in the future would be so happy.” He looks at her bright smile.

“I’m going up to my room.” He took his glass and walks up the stairs,

“Did I say something wrong?”

“No…” Jimin smiles, “He is just having a rough day since the hearing.” She nods her head and continues cooking.

“Hyeri.” She looks at Jin, “So how is your training going?”

“Okay…” she sighs

“What is the matter?”

“I feel like I am at a plateau.”

“Why?”

“I’m doing the same thing over and over again. There is no real challenge.”

“You want a challenge?”

“Yes.” Jin and Jimin looks at each other.

“Do you think she is ready?” Jimin asks Jin

“She could be.”

“For what?” she was curious, “What are you two talking about?”

“There is a mountain that is off limits to humans. Only the supernatural can go and train there.”

“You aren’t talking about…?” Yuri was lost

“The Red Mountain.”

“What is the Red Mountain?” Hyeri took out the toilet paper from her nose.

“It is a place where monsters and creatures roam free. The magic there isn’t no joke either. There is a special border that keeps them in and humans out. Only those with supernatural blood can go in and out freely. We go and practice there every once in a while.”

“Do you think that will help me?”

“It will help you get to the next level.”

“Let’s go.”

“How about tomorrow?”

“That sounds good.”

 

Jungkook sat in his arm chair, swirling the wine in the glass. The blood red color reminded him of her. When she was bleeding out, the way his adrenaline rush when her blood tempted him. He has never tried so hard to not drink someone’s blood. But whenever he sees her smile his mind goes blank. He can’t help but want her, but he doesn’t want to force himself on her.

“Why am I even thinking about you?”

“Because you love her.” He looks up at Jin, “You missed dinner.”

“You act like you can even taste anything.”

“You know I can’t, but I still eat it out of respect. Plus it is a way of socializing.” Jin sit on Jungkook’s bed. Jungkook just ignores his brother and takes a sip, “Jimin and I are going to Red Mountain tomorrow.”

“I don’t care.”

“We are taking the girls with us.” He pauses for a second, “You are more than welcome to join us. We leave as soon as the sun rises.” He get up.

------

The four of them arrived at Red Mountain in front of a small cabin. Hyeri and Yuri wore jean jackets and leggings. While the guys wore T-shirt and jeans with a light jacket.

“This is where we are staying?” Hyeri asks

“Yea.” Jin observes the cabin. It was made complete out of wood. The house was a two story building with a huge window in front of the house that went from the first floor up to the second. The porch was laid out with stones and wooden railing. There was a bench that sat on the side of the house that face the lake. About 10 feet away from the house was a little campfire surrounded by benches. Hyeri was in awe of the beauty of the house.

“You guys have something as nice as this in the middle of this area?”

“Every supernatural being has a housing out here. We have someone out here once every two weeks to check out the house and made sure that nothing is wrong. If something is damage they usually replace or fix it right away.”

“You guys have a lot of money in your bank for that kind of service.”

“This is the upper class vampire cabin, so they always have someone taking care of it.” Jimin walks over with the bags.

“Let not just stand out here and head inside.”

“Let me help you with that.” Yuri grabs the bag from his hand

“It is okay.” He pulls the bag towards himself, “I can carry this.” Yuri insist and pulled the bag away from him.

“You just started healing, we can’t risk reopening your wound. So let me help you.”

“Can you two love birds stop that.” They both look at Jin and Hyeri who were smiling at them.

“Who are you calling lovebirds?” Yuri acted annoyed

“Clearly not us.” Hyeri laugh continues walking. Yuri holds tight to the bag and walks into the cabin with it. Jimin just smiles and follows her in. Everyone settles into their rooms. Hyeri lays on her bed and relaxes. Soon she notices an aura that she never really felt. She head towards the stairs.

“What is the matter?” Yuri stops her

“Yuri unnie follow me?” she pulls Yuri along

“What is the matter Hyeri?” Hyeri ran towards the front door.

“You don’t sense that?”

“Sense what?” The guys were at the door also.

“Do you guys sense that?” Jin eyes lit up. He walks pass Hyeri and towards the door. He stops as the door opens. Jungkook appears on the other side of the door.

“Jungkook?”

“Surprised to see me?” he smirks at his brother

“Is there someone else with you?” Jungkook says nothing and looks behind him. Luna was in her human form.

“The barrier seems to have temporarily lift the curse.”