Chp29 Differences

Forbidden

                The brothers sat down  together at in the living room. Yuri and YeEum were making food in the kitchen. Jungkook sat with his eyes on the stairs. Hyeri walks down the stairs and with a new bandage wrap on her wound. Dr. Kim walks down the stairs behind her.

            “Hyeri.” Myungsoo walks up to her “Are you okay?”

            “I’m fine.” She reassured him, “Just need ajussi to redo the stitches and place a clean bandage.” She smiles, “Don’t stress so much about it.” She smelled food, “Is that YeEum cooking?” he nods, “I’ll go and help her out.” She walks straight to the kitchen. Jungkook’s eyes were also on her as she walks away. “YeEum-ah.” YeEum looks up and her smiles fades, “I didn’t know you were here.”

            “After the call last night we rush over.” YeEum forces a smile, “Abeoji and Myungsoo were really worried.” She notices the bandage, “How is your arm?”

            “Just needed it to be re stitched up.” She smirks, “You didn’t have to come all this way to check up on me.” YeEum didn’t say anything else and focused on cooking.

            “I just wanted to make sure you are okay.” YeEum continues to cook, “I wanted to be able to tell the kids that you were okay.”

            “Thanks.” Hyeri walks over and helps cook. She notice the way YeEum hand were shaking as she was cutting the vegetables, “Are you okay?”

            “What?”

            “Your hands, they’re shaking?”

            “Oh…” YeEum puts the knife down and wiggles her fingers, “It just started happening recently. Abeoji said it because I have a weak body.” She sighs

            “It just means that your child is going to be strong.” Hyeri squat down and stares at YeEum’s belly, “Darling, don’t make it too hard on your mom okay. I know you will grow up to be big and strong, but be kind to her.” YeEum looks away with warm eyes. “How are the herbs helping with your pregnancy?” Hyeri grabs a colander and started washing veggies.

            “They are helping.” YeEum continues to cook, “But since I started my second trimester the effect of the herbs seems to not work as well.”

            “I’ll have ajussi recheck you and make up a slightly stronger concoction, you can add it into food if you don’t want to drink it.” YeEum nods.

“Thank you.” The guys walks into the kitchen. Myungsoo walks pass YeEum and straight to Hyeri.

            “Hyeri you shouldn’t be back here cooking. You need to rest.” Jungkook walks to the fridge and grabs a bottle of blood wine but kept his ears opened.

            “I’m okay. All that happened was my wound opening. I can do little things like cooking. You should be telling YeEum to go and rest. She is heavily pregnant and still here cooking for all of us.” Myungsoo finally notices his wife’s who stood there eavesdropping on their conversation. He felt guilt overcome him.  He walks over to her.

            “YeEum.”

            “I’m fine.” She puts the knife down, “It getting a little warm in here. I need to take a break.” She walks out towards the back door.

            “Kim  Myungsoo.” Hyeri  punches him in the shoulder. He gave her a clueless look. “Babo ya.” She sighs and walks out after YeEum. Everyone just stares at him.

 

            YeEum walked off to the maze of roses with a hand on her belly.  She huffs and puffs as she sat down in the garden. She cried as she caresses her abdomen. She wanted to deny all that she saw and heard but her heart wouldn’t let her.

            “YeEum-a!” she heard Hyeri’s voice getting closer, “YeEum-a.” Hyeri turned a corner and saw her. “YeEum, you shouldn’t be sitting out here. Come back inside.” YeEum stood up and looks at Hyeri.

            “Hyeri” YeEum got on her knees. Hyeri backed away.

            “YeEum what are you doing?”

            “Hyeri, please don’t take Myungsoo away from me.” She cried, “I know that you two have been friends forever and that you two had mutual feelings for each other. I beg of you, please don’t take him from me. He is all I have left.”

            “YeEum, stand up and let talk about this.” Hyeri tries to help her up. YeEum pushes her hands away and shakes her head.

            “I won’t stand up until you agree.”

            “YeEum.” Myungsoo and the everyone saw YeEum kneeling in front of Hyeri. Myungsoo runs to his wife’s side, “YeEum what are you doing?” she said nothing, “Hyeri, what is going on here?”

            “Myungsoo, you should take her inside and rest.” She looks at YeEum, “YeEum you and I can talk later when you calm down.”

            “YeEum, let’s go.” He tries to help her up. She pushes his hands away.

            “I won’t budge an inch until you agree.” She looks at Hyeri.

            “There is nothing going on between us, so there is nothing for you to worry about.”

            “I maybe powerless but I am not blind.” She yells, “Since I’ve been married, I notice how close you two were. At first I thought that is was because you were good friends and I shrugged it off. Now…” she shook her head, “I can’t help but notice how close you two are. He always comes running as soon as he hears that something has happened to you. As a wife I just can’t sit and watch my husband run to help another woman.”

            “YeEum.” Myungsoo looks at YeEum’s pained face.

            “YeEum,” Hyeri kneels in front of her, “You are correct. Myungsoo and I had mutual affection towards each other, but we told each other too late. You two are already married and having a child a on the way. We promise each other to stay as friends and that is something that won’t change.” She looks at Myungsoo, “Oppa, please understand how YeEum feels and take that into consideration. Don’t just get up and leave your family for minor things like this.” She helps YeEum stand up and wipes her tears away, “You don’t need to worry about Myungsoo and me.” she walks over to Jungkook and wraps her arm around his. Myungsoo and YeEum were surprised. Jungkook was confused. Hyeri held back the pain in her chest, “Jungkook and I are…talking.” Hyeri smiles, “So you don’t need to worry about the two of us.”

            “Jinjja?” Hyeri nods, “Sorry for the misunderstanding.”

            “Don’t fret about it.” Hyeri gave her a warm smile.

            “Now that the situation has been settle lets all go inside and eat dinner.” Dr. Kim told them, “Myungsoo take YeEum in first.” Myungsoo YeEum to the mansion. Everyone followed after them. Hyeri and Jungkook stood still.

            “Thank you.” Hyeri whispers to Jungkook. She lets go of his arm and he walks back to the mansion without a single word. She closes her eyes and took a deep breath. The pain in her chest subsided. She sat on the ground.

            “Hyeri.” She looks up and sees Dr. Kim, “Are you okay?”

            “I just need a minute.” she focused on her breathing “Ajussi you can go inside first.”

            “I can’t leave you until I’ve made sure that you are fine.”

            “I’m okay.” She stands up and they head back to mansion.

 

After dinner everyone left. Jungkook notice that Hyeri disappeared after dinner and went to look for her. As he got closer to the basement the scent of blood hit his nose. He knew right away that is was Hyeri. He ran as fast as he could to find her. When he got to the basement he saw her sitting in the corner trying to rewrap her bandage. There were bloody bandages everywhere.

“Why don’t you try asking for help?” he walks over to her.

“I’m fine.” She finished wrapping it up. She picks up all the bloody gauze and bandages and throws them away. She walks pass him

“If you keep bleeding like that, I don’t know it I’ll be able to hold back my thirst.”

“Even if you try, it wont be that easy to get.” Hyeri walks up the stairs. He follows her upstairs. Yuri and Jimin were washing the dishes, Jin was twirling his wine cup at the island. “Jimin how are you feeling?”

“I feel great. A little ache here and there.” He smiles at her, “what about you?”

“I’m doing okay myself. Just got to keep this wound from reopening.” She looks at Yuri, “Unnie did you want to go shopping tomorrow?”

“Sorry Hyeri, I am busy.”Hyeri notice how close Yuri and Jimin had become. Baryu hands an envelope to Jin and leaves the room. Jin breaks the seal and pulls out the letter and read it. As he read the letter his eyebrows began to furrow. Jimin wipes his hand on the apron and walks over.

“What is wrong?” Jin hands the letter to Jimin to read. After a quick glance he look at Jin, “Are they serious right now?” Jin stayed silent and looks at Jungkook.

“What?” He walks over and takes the letter from Jimin

“They are requesting our appearance for the your wedding.” Jungkook throws the paper on the table. It floats over to Hyeri. She picks it up and reads it.

“I already told abeoji that I’m not marrying Isabell.”

“You think you can object what the elders have set in stone.” Jin scoffs

“You did.”

“The only reason I’m not married is because Angela is gone. Once she is found I’ll deal with it. But right now Isabell is your problem. She has already request a meeting with the elders about your engagement and Hyeri isn’t going to be safe from that.”

“Why would I care about her?” he said sternly, “It not as if we have anything to do with each other.” He clenches his fist. Hyeri places the paper on the island.

“Here is your invitation.” They looked at her, “I’m going to go to my room.” She smiles at them, “I’m going to turn in for the night.” She walks away. Jin reaches over for the letter.

“Isabell is not going to leave this  matter alone.”

“You think I am scared of some little princess who runs for daddy’s help every single time she doesn’t get her way.”

“You should be.”

 

FOREST

            Yuri walks back to the  Wiccan village by herself. She had a black cloak on, and as she walked she kept looking back behind her to make sure no one was following her. After a couple minutes of twists and turns she ends up in cabin deep in the woods. Before knocking on the door she looks around.

            “Who is it?” a male voice spoke from the other side,

            “It is me.” She spoke just enough for the other person to hear her. The door slowly creaks open and she walks in.

            “Were you followed?”

            “No.” she took her cloak off and sits. “I made sure no one followed me.”

            “Good.” The man sit across from her, “How is our friend doing?”

            “She hasn’t notice.” Yuri sits up, “Who was the assassin from the other night? I’ve never seen him before, Yeonseok.”

            “He wasn’t one of ours.” Yeonseok smiles at her, “I already taken care of him.”

            “Since the attack Hyeri’s wound hasn’t healed.”

            “What is wrong?”

            “The wound won’t stop bleeding. Did you put something on that blade?”

            “If the assassin is a wiccan there is a possibility that he used a potion that can make anyone bleed to death.”

            “But why is Hyeri bleeding and not Jimin. He was the one that was stabbed by the blade.”

            “Did Hyeri use some kind of potion or anything?” Yuri nods. A huge smile appeared on his face. “This is better than I expected.”

            “What is?”

            “I want you to go to back to the mansion. In a couple of day if the wound doesn’t heal our little friend will become weak. She will eventually die, that is when we will make our move to grab her.” He was getting excited.

            “what is going on?”

            “Hyeri transferred the wound onto herself. That includes the poison from the blade that won’t let the wound heal. She will continues to bled until she receive the antidote or until she dies.”

            “I thought we need her alive.”

            “We don’t need her to be alive that long. Just until I get what I need.”

-----

            Hyeri walked out onto the patio and saw the maids hanging up laundry. It reminded her of the simpler days. She missed the kids and the life of just worrying about right now. She walks over to the maids and they all greet her.

            “Can I help you guys?” They look at each other

            “It okay miss. You shouldn’t be doing this kind of work. You should sit at home and heal.”

            “It okay.” She smiles, “I want to help. I used to do this all the time.” She grabs the bed sheet and hangs it on the clothing line. She patted each one down and straighten it out. She felt her arm become sore.

            “Are you okay miss?”

            “I’m fine.” She stretches her arm. One of the maids gasps, “What is wrong?”

            “Your arm… it is bleeding through.” Hyeri looks at her arm and saw the red blood going through her bandage. “We are so sorry miss.”

            “Don’t worry about it.” She reassured them, “It was my fault. I’ll take care of it.” She walks back inside. She rushes pass Jungkook. The scent of blood lingers in the room. He ignores her and continues on his way. She rushes to the desk and grabs a box out and opens it. She undo the wrap and the wound was oozing blood. She takes out a powder and places it on the wound. It stung her skin. After cleaning it up she wraps it back up. She goes and place the box on the desk. She walks towards the door but she felt faint. She uses the bed to support her.