Chp 4 Friends

Forbidden

            Hyeri went to the mansion the next day to do her job. When she walked through the door Luna came running to welcome her.

            “Hi Luna.” She smiles, “How are you feeling today?” she pets and Luna, “Ready for our walk?”

            “Woof!” Luna replied with her tongue out.

            “Alright, let’s go inside to grab your stuff and we will be right out.” Hyeri walks inside, the empty mansion, to grab Luna’s leash and collar. As she was about to leave the house she hears someone call her name and a cold feeling came over her.

            “Ms. Go Hyeri.” She turns and saw Jungkook standing on the stairs looking down at her. She didn’t remember him standing there before. She was a little freaked out.

            “Yes.” She said with fear.

            “Are you taking Luna out for a walk?”

            “Yes sir, I’m taking her out for her morning stroll.” He began to walk down the stairs towards her with his hands behind his back. As he got closer, her heart began to pound from unknown fear. He continues to walk towards her until he was literally a feet away from her.

            “Do you mind if I joined you?” she was frozen from fear, “Ms. Go Hyeri,”

            “Yes?” she was flustered

            “Did you not hear what I just said to you?” she shook her head and he lets out a sigh, “Do you mind if I join you and Luna on your morning stroll today? I’m quite bored with nothing to do.”

            “You are more than welcome to.” She couldn’t grasp the fact that he was willing to stand so close to her.

            “Then by all means, lead the way.” she was frozen and didn’t know what to do. She was trying to figure out what Jungkook said to her. Luna pulls on her pants leg to let her know that she was still there.

            “Sure.” She took a deep breathe, “Let’s go.” She turns around, “Let’s go Luna.” She walks out the door and places the collar and leash on Luna.            Jungkook grabs his ring from the drawer by the coat rake and places it on his finger and walks out.

 

            The walk that started off awkward became more awkward. Jungkook just kept quiet and walked a little behind them. Hyeri was taking a deep breath and trying to concentrate on walking Luna.

            “So,” he looks at her “What made you want to walk with me today?” she asked

            “Who said I wanted to walk with you.” He said in a cold tone, “I was just bored and decided to talk a walk today. You just so happen to come when I was about to leave, so I decided why not just go with you.”

            “Oh I see.” She felt embarrassed, “Sorry for asking.” Things got awkward and quiet again.

            “Ms. Oh, how are you feeling?”

            “What?”

            “I am talking about yesterday’s minor incident.”

            “Oh that.” She felt her cheek get red, “I am fine. I don’t understand why you and your brother was so worried.”

            “We were worried because the wine you drank was made especially for our family, due to a disorder we have. We put a special ingredient in there.”

            “What type of disorder? If you don’t mind me asking.”

            “That doesn’t concern you, but since you drank that wine last night I suggest you keep a watch on yourself to make sure nothing happens to you.”

            “I will. Thank you for being concerned.” He just nods with a straight face. As they walk around the corner Luna began to coward and stops walking. “What is wrong Luna?” Hyeri asked. Jungkook notice something too and grabs Hyeri’s hand. She was surprised by the action, “What are you doing?”

            “Something isn’t right. Follow me.” He pulls her behind him.

            “What?”

            “Hyeri!” she stops and looks back to see her friend.

            “Myungsoo.” She tries to stop Jungkook, “Hey can you stop? I want to talk to my friend for a second.”

            “No we have to go.” He was stern

            “Why? Is something the matter?” Myungsoo walks up to them and Jungkook let go of her hand. Luna stood close by Jungkook.

            “Hyeri.” He had a smile on his face, “How are you? It has been a while.” He gave her a hug.

            “Yes it has.” She starts to blush. Myungsoo notices Jungkook was avoiding contact with the two, “Oh this is Jeon Jungkook my employer.” Jungkook slipped his left hand into his pocket.

            “Hi nice to meet you.” Myungsoo put his hand out, “Kim Myungsoo.” Jungkook doesn’t take his hand and looks the other way. Myungsoo puts his hand down and looks back at Hyeri, “I came by the orphanage and Sister Minah said you were working so I was going to come by.”

            “Why didn’t you tell me you were coming?”

            “It was a last-minute trip. Appa forgot that it was time to give the kids their vaccine so we kind of rush. When we got to the orphanage I saw everyone except you so I asked around and everyone said you were working.”

            “Yea.” She smiles, “Sorry. If I knew you were going to come today I would have stayed at the orphanage. But I was out walking Luna today.”

            “Luna?” Myungsoo was curious, “what type of dog is she?’

            “She is a Siberian Husky she absolutely beautiful.” Hyeri notice that Luna was hiding behind Jungkook, “what is wrong Luna?” she wouldn’t go near Myungsoo, “I don’t know what is wrong she never done this before. C’mon Luna.”

“I don’t think you should force her to meet someone she doesn’t want to meet.” Jungkook spoke sternly, “I really don’t want her to end up biting anyone on accident.” Hyeri looked sorry, “I think we are finished for the day. Let’s go.” He turns and walks away.

“I’ll see you later Myungsoo.”

“I got to tell you something later.” She waves and then turns to try to catch up with Jungkook. She was confused by why he was upset. She kept quiet as she followed him. As they continue to walk Jungkook spoke up.

“So, who is he to you?”

“He is my friend.”

“Do you know him well?”

“He is the son of the doctor that come by the orphanage that is how we met. His father comes in twice a year to give the kids at the orphanage vaccines and free checkups.”

“That is awfully nice of him.” he said in sarcastic tone, “You sure he just isn’t there to meet…Sister Minah.”

“What with that tone?” he didn’t reply but kept walking forward, “Yah!” she runs to get in front of him and stops him.

“What?”

“I really don’t like the way you are treating my friend.”

“I have no idea what you are talking about.” He goes around her and keeps walking

“I guess no one has ever told you about how rude you are.” He stops and turns around

“Excuse me?” he was amazed

“You heard what I said.”

“How dare you call me rude?”

“You don’t even know these people and yet you judge them.” She was angry, “You have no right. Especially when it comes to Sister Minah.” She grabs his hand and hands him the leash, “I’m done for the day. You can take her back with you. See you tomorrow.” She walks away

“Go Hyeri!” she doesn’t look back

 

 

            Minah and Myungsoo’s father was in the exam room with the kids giving them vaccine. Kids were either running and crying or enjoying the lollipops that Dr. Kim gave them. Hyeri storm pass the exam room with Myungsoo behind her. Minah walks out the door.

            “Myungsoo.”

            “Yes Sister.”

            “What is wrong with her?”

            “Umm I’m not too sure. She came back angry.” He sounded anxious, “I’m going to go and talk to her.” He follows her. Minah goes back and helps Dr. Kim

            “What is the matter?” he asks

            “I don’t know. It the first time I’ve seen her like that.”

            “I guess she is getting there.”

            “What?” Minah asked

            “Boy problems.”

 

            Minah throws her purse onto her bed and falls right onto her bed. “I can’t believe the is someone on this earth like him.”

            “Stuck up?”

            “RUDE!” she yells, “I mean he isn’t even all that great. I just want to.”

            “Hyeri, calm down a little.” He smiles, “Let talk about you. How have you been?”

            “I’ve been okay I guess.” She took a deep breathe, “I just feel like I opened a new chapter and I don’t know what I am supposed to do.” She grabs a box and give it to Myungsoo, “I recently found this. Sister Minah said that she found that with me when I was brought here.” Myungsoo opens the box and saw the symbol.

            “Do you know what this symbol means?”

            “No, I have no idea.”

            “Have you tried looking for it?”

            “No, even if I did I wouldn’t know where to start.”

            “I can probably help you. Haleomoni has a lot of old books we can look through.”

            “Thank you so much.” She hugs him. A girl she never seen before walks in.

            “Sorry am I interrupting something?” Myungsoo looks back

            “No.” he smiles

            “Who are you if you don’t mind me asking?” asked Hyeri. Myungsoo stood up and walked to the girl.

            “This is what I wanted to tell you about.” He held the girl’s hand with fingers intertwined and put their hands up to show Hyeri the rings, “I’m getting married.” Hyeri felt her heart drop a little.

            “M-married?”

            “Yes. We’ve been engaged for six months now.”

            “My name is Park Ye Eum.” She greeted Hyeri, “Myungsoo speaks greatly of you.”

            “It nice to meet you.” Her heart felt heavy but she put on a smile and hid the bead bracelet. She looks at Myungsoo, “Why didn’t you let me know that you were getting married sooner?”

            “I wanted to surprise you. Ye Eum and I wanted to invite you and the orphanage to join us in our union next week.”

            “Yea, I wouldn’t miss it.”  she stood up, “How about we go and tell the kids the great news.”

            “Yeah, let’s go.” Ye Eum and Myungsoo smiled at each other.

            “Kaja.” They both started to walk away then they notice Hyeri wasn’t moving, “Hyeri are you going to come with us to tell the kids the good news?”

            “I’ll come in a little bit. I’m going to go wash up a little bit.”

            “Don’t take too long then.” They walked out the door. Hyeri sat on her bed, looking down at her bracelet.

            “It too late.” She sighs as a tear fell from her face, “You will always be my friend.”


♥So for not being able to update on Wednesday. Please forgive me, I was busy studying for mid-term exams. Hopefully you enjoy this chapter. Like always Subscribe, Comment, and Upvote ♥

 

poster by: Cherry Dragon Shop