Chp 26 Emotionless

Forbidden

            Jungkook held onto Hyeri’s arm making her look at him. His eyes full of pain and anger. She look scared because of the way he glared at her.

            “Hyeri. Jungkook.” Yuri walks in on them. She catches a glimpse of Jungkook holding onto Hyeri before he let her go. Yuri notice Jungkook’s expression. She quickly regain her composure. “Jimin and I made some food downstairs if you  guys want some.”

            Hyeri took her eyes off Jungkook, “Yeah, I’ll be right down.” Hyeri walks down the stairs. Jungkook stood there with is head hanging low.

            “Jungkook.” Yuri walks over to him, “Are you okay?” he looks at Yuri and smiles.

            “I’m okay.” He sighs, “I just need a moment to myself.” She nods and closes the door behind her.

She walks to the kitchen where Hyeri was eating without a care in the world and talking to Jimin as if nothing happened upstairs. She walks over and Hyeri and Jimin looks up at her. “Follow me outside.” Yuri walk away. Hyeri wipes and excuses herself from the table. Jungkook walks down the stairs.

“Jungkook.” Jimin calls to him but it didn’t stop him, “Jungkook.” With the flick of his wrist he froze Jungkook. Jimin walks over to him and unfreeze him. Jungkook surprise to see his brother in front of him became ticked off.

“Did you just freeze me?”

“Only because you were being an ignorant little brother, acting like he couldn’t hear his brother even though you have the best hearing. Did you forget?” Jungkook scoff, “What the matter? Did seeing Isabell make you that upset?”

“Why would I be upset about her?”

“Then why are you upset?” Jimin was thinking about it, “Oh no, it can’t be.” Jimin acted surprised and places a hand on Jungkook’s shoulder, “Did our little Jungkook get his feelings rejected.”

“Be quiet.” Jungkook swat his brother’s hand away.

“Oh he did.” Jimin chuckles, “Did you want to talk about it?”

“No thanks. I’m gonna go out for a drive.” Jungkook grabs his key on the way out.

 

Yuri was standing against the railing looking back at Hyeri.

“What is wrong?” Hyeri notice that Yuri looked ticked off. Yuri sighed heavily as she looked at Hyeri.

“Hyeri, I want you to be honest with me.”

“About what?”

“Just promise me that you will tell me the truth.” Her voice was  stern

“I’ll tell you whatever you ask.” Hyeri didn’t like her tone, “Why are you and Jungkook acting so weird today.”

“You know why he is acting like that.” Yuri spat out, “I went to the garden the other day when I went and  got our things. I was cleaning up your mess and I saw a tab on your mother’s potion book.” Hyeri stood there calmly, “I got curious because lately, you’ve been acting weird. So I opened the book to where the tab was.” Hyeri sigh, “You want to tell me why in the world you were making that potion.”

“Just because I had it marked, doesn’t mean I made it.”

“You had the ingredients lying around, and one in particular can only be found in that garden. So don’t stand here and lie to my face.” Yuri raised her voice. Hyeri couldn’t utter a word. “I was so stupid to actually believe you were making health potions. Do you even know how bad emotional suppression potions are for you?” Hyeri took a deep breath and looks at Yuri. Jimin went to check on the girls, but only cracked the back door open when he notice the tension of the conversation.

“Whether I made it or not is up to your imagination.” Hyeri tried so hard not to breakdown in that moment. “And if I’ve been acting weird, I’m sorry for not acting normal. But everyone goes through some stuff in life and have their moments.” Hyeri felt anger and resentment, “You try going through everything I went through within the last couple months and a half, and let me know how sane you are.” She sighs, “I was orphaned at a day old, were you? I never got to see my parents’ face, have you? I’ve lost the person I loved, have you?” Yuri stood in silence, “Every time I get close to someone I put their life in danger,” Her eyes began to water, “because everyone wants me dead. I’ve done nothing wrong. I didn’t choose this life. I didn’t choose to be this.” There was a pause, “Every second of my life I feel like I have to look over my back.  I live in constant fear unnie, do you?”

“I do.” Yuri eye were watery, “Ever since I found out about you, I lived in fear everyday thinking that she was not alive. You don’t know how relieve I was when I found you. Yea, I’ve never lost a loved one, I had parents, but that doesn’t give you an excuse for making a stupid decision.” Yuri takes a deep breath, “I know you made that potion because of Myungsoo.” Hyeri looked away as a tear slipped from her eye. “I know you loved him and you were hurt when he got married suddenly. You didn’t know how to cope with the pain; nor did you have anyone to talk to because he was the one you went to when you had a problem. Are you really going to let it happen a second time?”

“Unnie stop it please.” Hyeri closes her eyes trying to contain her feelings. She felt a slight tightness in her chest.

“It’s blocking you from seeing the one who truly loves you.” Yuri walked closer to her, “Have you not notice him? Every time he sees you there is a spark in his eyes. A smile appears on his face. He is always the first to worry about and ask about you. He was always by your side when you needed someone.” Yuri took a step closer to her “Are you really that blind to not see his affection for you?” the thought of all the moment in came to her in flash, “Are you going to wait till it is already too late?” Hyeri felt her heart pounding,  “Are you going to wait til he marries Isabell to finally come to your senses?” She notice that Hyeri started to hunch over, “Hyeri-a?” Hyeri grabs onto the railing. “Hyeri!” Yuri walks over to her. “Are you okay?” Jimin walks to Hyeri. “Jimin.”

“Let’s help her inside.” Jimin helped support Hyeri inside onto the couch. Yuri grabs her phone and call Dr. Kim. Hyeri was struggling to calm down, “Hyeri, big deep breaths.” Hyeri tries her best, “Smell the roses, and blow out the candle.” Jimin did the motions for Hyeri to follow.

“What is going on?” Jin walks over to them. He notice’s Hyeri’s pained face. “Hyeri are you okay?”

“Hyung she is having chest pains.” Luna runs over and calmly sniff Hyeri and whines.

“Don’t worry.” She spoke in between the pain, “It will subside eventually.” She closes her eyes and concentrated on her breathing.

“What do you mean don’t worry?” Jin was stern, “You look as white as a ghost right now.”  After what seems like hours the pain finally subsided. Hyeri took a deep breath and lean back onto the couch. Beads of sweat came down the side of her face.

 Yuri walks over in anger. “BABO!” Everyone was taken back at Yuri’s voice. Hyeri looks up at her unphased.

“Yuri calm down.” Jimin stood up, but Yuri kept her gaze on Hyeri.

“How long have you been having the chest pains?” Yuri’s voice trembled in anger. Hyeri looks at her and she could see the tears b in her eyes.

“The first time I felt the pain was when Myungsoo came to the cabin.” Hyeri sighs, “I didn’t know what it was at first but I came to realize what was going on. But as soon as I realize what was going on the feeling would disappear and I would be back at where I started. Emotionless.”

“You really are an idiot.” Yuri was crying, “You knew there is no reversal for emotional suppression potions and that one in particular had unknown side effects and you still took it anyways.”

“What are you two talking about?” Jin was confused, “What potion are you talking about?”

“Dr. Kim said when you got poison the effect of the potion got stronger because your body was weaken. And if we can’t find a way to stop the effect...” Yuri couldn’t finish her sentence. Jimin sighs as he realize what happened. Jin looked at Hyeri.

“What is Yuri talking about?” Jin couldn’t sit still anymore. “what will happen?”

“Jin.” Hyeri sighs, “I’ll tell you.”

 

JUNGKOOK CAR

Jungkook sat in his car inside of an old cemetery. He moped around and was upset. Why exactly was he upset? It not like he was already invested in the relationship.

“Why are you so worried about what she think, Jungkook.” He told himself, “It not like she is the last girl on earth.”

Buzz buzz

He picks up his phone, “ Ne abeoji?”

“What in the world do you think you are doing?” HeeChul yelled from the other side of the phone. Jungkook held the phone away from his ear. “How dare you disrespect Isabell like that?” After confirming his father was done yelling he brought the phone closer to his ear.

“I’m surprise you even care about that stuff. You know they only agreed to the arrangement because we’re both illegitimate. So whether I care about this arrangement or not is none of your concern.”

“Do you take this arrangement as a joke? Isabell is the only one can bring up your status. Do you want to live as a low life for the rest of your life? With people constantly looking down on you.”

Jungkook chuckles, “Funny thing abeoji, I thought you were talking about yourself.”

“Jungkook!”

“If I am to marry anyone I am going to marry the person I love.” Jungkook said in a stern voice, “I’m not going to live a loveless marriage like you nor am I going to abandon the person I love because of some old traditions and rules. I will fight for my love and the person that I love. You wonder why none of your sons are married abeoji, because we don’t care about your stupid traditions and rules. I’m not going to marry Isabell and if she is there with you, you can tell her you are sorry for wasting her time.” Jungkook hanged up the phone.

 

SOMEWHERE

             The elder lady sit by the window of an abandon building, a blue-purple light covers her whole body, the wrinkles on her skin began to fade and her hair becoming black again. The light suddenly disappears and she places her hand over her chest and closes her eyes.

            “Why do I feel this way?” she was distraught.

            “I see you are starting to get in tune with your skills again?” the elder lady looks behind her.

            “Julia” the elder lady smirks, “What took you so long?”

            “I had an emergency that  I had to attend to.” Julia sets some food down in front of the elder lady, “how are you feeling?”

            “I feel my strength returning to me.” She sighs, “But I can’t help but feel this bad feeling inside of my chest.” The elder lady looks at Julia, “I feel something big is about to happen.” Julia’s smile fades.

            “That is the reason why I helped you out of that place.” Julia sighs and sits next to her, “but for now I need you to quickly regain your strength and skills.”

            “Waeyo?” the lady looks at her, “Why do you need me?”

            “You are the only one that I know can help Hyeri.”

            “Hyeri?” the name sound familiar to her “Why does she need my help?”

            “JULIA!” both of the ladies turn their head towards the voice, “You aren’t supposed to tell her anything yet.” Minah walks over.

            “Why not?” Julia stood up to her

            “It isn’t the right time to let her know these things.” Minah sighs, “We need her to take her time to gain her powers or she won’t full regenerate.”

            “We don’t have time.” Julia argues, “By the time she regains her power it will be too late.”

            “What are you two talking about?” The elder spoke to them in a stern voice, “What is so special about this Hyeri that I can’t even know.” Minah shakes her head a Julia. Julia ignores her.

            “Don’t.” Minah spoke up

            “We suspect that Hyeri is in great danger.” Julia pulls out a picture, “The Hunters are already making their moves on her.”

            “You still haven’t answered my question,” the elder lady spoke sternly, “Who is she and why should I help her?”

            “She is your granddaughter.” Minah sighs as the words left Julia’s lips, “She is the granddaughter of you and Minsoo. Daughter of Boa and NamJoo.” Mee almost stumbles backwards.

            “No.” Tears began to brim in her eyes.

 

KIM MANSION

            Hyeri sat on the couch with her hands together. Yuri and Jimin sat together on the couch across from Hyeri. Jin sat on the armchair in between the two couches. Yuri had calm down quite a bit, but it looked like Jin was just getting started. His eye were filled with furry and his white skin had a shade of pink to it.

            “Hyeri.” She looks at him. He took a deep breath before speaking, “You have no idea how to get rid of it?” she shook her head. He sigh and stood up in anger. “Why-?”  Hyeri wait for him to scold her. He was so angry he couldn’t finish his sentence.

            “Hyung.” Jin looks at Jimin, “Now is not the time to get angry at her. We all know why she did it.” Jin took a deep breath and sits down. Jimin looks at Hyeri, “How bad has the pain gotten?”

            “That last one has been the worst one so far. It lasted longer than any of the others. It just feels as if something is squeezing your heart.”

            “What did Dr. Kim tell you?” he asked Yuri

            “The longer and the more frequent the pain lingers it will become more likely that she can die.” Yuri sighs, “Whenever she shows strong signs of affection or love for someone, instead of having feelings, she will feel pain. The stronger the feelings the longer the pain. In return, those feeling disappears but those memories stays.” They all look at Hyeri.

            “You rather feel like that?” Jin was curious, “You rather be hurt physically than emotionally? Are you crazy?”

            “Yes.” She spat the word out, “physical pain only hurt for a little time then it eventually fades. Emotional pain hides in our memory. When something reminds you of the good time it pops up and haunts you again. Reminding you of the one thing that you couldn’t have.” She sighs, “So yes I rather feel the physical pain.” Everyone sat quietly. Hyeri stands up, “I’m gonna go for a stroll.”

 No one stops her. She walks out the living room and get stop as she turn the corner. She looks up and sees Jungkook. They stare at each other for a second, before walking away from him. He started to walk after her, but stops himself.

            “Stop torturing yourself.” He whispers under his breath. He watches her walk out the door.

            “Jungkook.” Jungkook turns around to look at his brother, “Have you cool down yet?” he nods and turns and walks up the stairs to his room. Jimin goes and sits back down.

            “Who was that?” Jin asked

            “Jungkook.” Jin looks over and sees that Jungkook was not around.

            “Don’t let him know.” Jin spoke softly

            “Why?” Jimin asked

            “Letting him know will only make her condition worst.”

            “How do you know?” Yuri was curious

            “It is for certain that Jungkook likes Hyeri. If that conversation you two had earlier was correct, Hyeri must like Jungkook too. She just doesn’t realize it because of the potion.” The other two final realized.

            “If they both found out now…” Yuri hated the thought

            “She would only be hurting herself every time she sees Jungkook.” The three felt like their heads were going to explode. Jin looks around

            “Has anyone seen Luna?”