Chp 19 Setback

Forbidden

Hyeri stood at the table laying out the herbs to dry. Yuri walks over and tiptoes right behind her. “Hyeri-ah.”

“Hmm.”

“What was it that Jungkook wanted earlier?”

“Molla.” Hyeri said with no emotion

“You don’t know?” Yuri sigh, “He used his abilities just to find you, and you say that you don’t know.”

“Am I supposed to know?” Hyeri looks at Yuri with a smile, “All I know is that I used the same potion I used on Luna before I left, because I didn’t want to be found.”

“Hyeri,” she sighs, “have you thought about why he came here?” Hyeri looks at Yuri with a blank expression

“Why? DO you know?” Yuri felt that there was something going on about Hyeri.

“Hyeri, did you make some kind of weird potion while you were in the realm last night?”

“The only potion I made was that failed healing potion.” she take the flat pan and heads outside and place it in the sun.

“How long do you plan on staying here?”

“Until I am ready to leave.”

---

Jungkook lays on his bed looking lifeless as he stares at the ceiling. He finally found her yet his heart felt heavy in his chest. He was restless. He got up and walks down to the basement. He could almost see her standing there practicing her skills. He places his hand on his chest, feeling as if something was going to jump out from it.

“What is wrong with me?” the feeling was new to him. He went to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of blood wine and sat at the bar downing the whole bottle to get rid of the feeling, but it only got worse. He thought about her more and he didn’t know why.

“Yah what are you doing up?” Jin walks up to him from behind. He taps his brother on the shoulder.

“I don’t know.” His words were all slurred together, “I have this heavy feeling in my heart that I can’t seem to get rid of.” Jin sat down next to him,

“Did you find Hyeri?”

“What was the point?” his eyes were barely open, “she didn’t even want to come back? All my hard work meant for nothing.” He places a hand on Jungkook’s back and a jolt went through him. He retracted his hand back quickly.

“Hmm?” Jungkook look at Jin, “Is something the matter, hyung?”

“Ummm… nothing.” He shook off the feeling, “You go to sleep. If you keep drinking that bottle you are going to have a stomachache tomorrow.”

“I don’t care.” He groans in his sleep, “I just want to get rid of this feeling in my chest.”

“Just don’t regret it tomorrow.” Jin walks towards his room. “Ahh.” There was a sudden sharp pain in his head. He clenches his hand on the wall to keep himself up.

He sees a blur vision of a women standing in a field of flowers and it was lively and full of plantation.

“Without the moon there is no light in this dark world of ours.”

The women walks towards him and disappears. Suddenly darkness engulf his vision and leaves him in the middle of that same field, except there was no life . The trees were bare and not a single thing was alive. He looks around and see bodies on the ground all around him. He felt fear and loneliness. He looks down at his hand and they were covered in blood.

Jin falls to the floor and was released from the vision. Beads of sweat flowed down his face as he was trying to breath and calmed himself down.

“What was that?”

----

Myungsoo walks up the wooded path to the tavern. “Why is she all the way here?” he sighs at the thought of her safety. His mind on his wife and his mind on Hyeri. “I really don’t want to have to do this.” He kept walking the path up until he came to a tavern. He approaches the door slowly and was about to knock when he heard rustling.

“Myungsoo oppa.” Hyeri walks from the side of the house. Myungsoo was surprise to see her happy to see him, “What are you doing here?” she had a basket full of dry herbs in her hands.

“I’m here to actually look for you.” He was relieve to see her healthy and walking around.

“Me?” she was surprised, “Why are you looking for me?”

“Abeoji heard that you left the Kim Mansion a couple days ago. He told me to look for you and take you back to our place.” He waited for her to answer him, but she just looked at him. “Are you going to give me an answer?”

“I’m happy here.” She smiles at him, “I’m not ready to leave.”

“You have to come with me Hyeri-ah. It is for your own safety.” He objected her “Abeoji wants to keep you close. Since HeeChul has already found out that you are a hybrid, things are gonna get tougher for you. It is gonna be harder for you to keep hiding.” He was stern.

“Whether I stay or go it is all gonna be the same.” She sighs, “My life is on the line. I’m no safer with you than I am here with Yuri unnie. You have YeEum and the child to worry about already. I’m not going to throw myself onto that burden for you, and put the village at risk of being attacked. You can go back and tell Uncle thank you, but no thank you.” She walks back towards the side of the house. Myungsoo sighs and closes his eyes trying to calm the guilt inside of him down.

“Is it because of me?” she turns to look at him. His eyes full of guilt and despair

“Why would you think that?”

“If it isn’t because of me, you would have agreed to come without any hesitation.” he notice something different as he looked into her eyes.

“Myungsoo-oppa, I know that you care and worry for me a lot, but I am a big girl now. I know I am new at this supernatural stuff but I’ll learn how to handle it myself. I can’t always rely on people.”

“Are you really not going to go back with me?”

“Myungsoo I am sorry that you’ve wasted your time coming here, but I am not returning with you.” She walks to the back.

“Hyeri I can’t just leave you.” He closes his eyes and sighs. She just kept walking towards the back of the tavern. He follows her to the back and sees all the herbs that laid on the mats and earth ware pots all over the place. He was in awe of the place. She came back with a small bag and hands it to him. “What is this?”

“Just some herbal tea that can help YeEum out during her pregnancy.” He looked worry, “Don’t worry, it was from one of my umma’s recipes during her pregnancy with me. It’s supposed to keep you energize instead of feeling weak. She was part Lykan too so YeEum should be fine taking the medication. Only take it once a week. Lower the dose if she feel out of the ordinary. Take it and go back home.”

“Hyeri.”

“I am your friend MyungSoo. As a friend, me relying on you too much shouldn’t be happening. You are married, with a child on the way.” She walks away, “Kaja and tell your father I’ll come meet him in a couple of days.”

“You must promise me you’ll stay safe until then, arraso?” She reply with a nod. He leaves her behind with a heavy heart.

She watches as he walks down the path slowly. As soon as he disappear from beyond the trees she turns back towards the tavern. She suddenly stops and hangs on to the nearest thing she could hold onto. The sudden pain in her chest was sharp. Hyeri felt like it was hard to breath, with her hand clenched over her heart.

Yuri walks out and see Hyeri hunch over. She places the basket down on the ground and runs to Hyeri.

“Hyeri-ah, are you okay?” Yuri was very worried.

“I’m fine I just need a moment.” Yuri walks her over to a bench and they sat down.

“What happened?”

“Molla?” she took a deep breath as the pain started to subside “It just suddenly started.” Hyeri still breathing through the pain.

“It’s probably because you stay up all night reading your mother’s books.” Yuri pats her back.

“I’m okay now.”

“You need to go see a doctor.”

“I’ll go and see MyungSoo’s appa when I go visit.”

“Have you been taking weird potions again?!” Hyeri didn’t answer, “Yah, did you know that certain potions can interfere with each other! If you drink the wrong one with each other you can really hurt yourself.” Yuri scolds her

“Arraso, I’ll take better care of myself.” They both walk inside. Hyeri felt a pair of eyes on her.

----

Jin sat down at the island in kitchen and takes a sip from his glass. He was looking more tired than usual. He felt a sudden pain in his head.

He sees the same woman once again, her face was a little clearer than the last time and she looked a little different. This time she said nothing but walked towards the woods. Jin follows her into the wood, but loses sight of her.

“Where are you?” He shouted, “I won’t hurt you.” He suddenly hears someone running. He looks into the far distance and sees two people running away from something. He follows them from a distance but can’t see their face because it was too dark and they were too far.

“I can’t run anymore.” The woman was huffing and puffing

“We have to, if we don’t we’ll get caught.”

“I really can’t go anymore.”

Jin was walking towards them when he hears more people running toward them. The man help the woman up and they both began to run.

Luna walks in and notice something off about Jin as she walks towards him, the glass of wine that Jin was drinking drop off the counter. Luna looked up and notice that Jin had his head down and looks like he was in pain. She barks at him, but he didn’t move. She goes and budges him, still nothing. She runs up the stairs to Jimin’s room. He was sitting on his bed reading something. She barked to get his attention.

“Luna.” He looks up. She whine a little, “What is wrong?” He walks towards her and she dragged him by the leg of his pants. “What is wrong girl?” Luna runs down the stairs and Jimin follows her. Jungkook heard all the ruckus and comes out from his room.

“Jin-hyung!” Jungkook ran as soon as he heard Jimin yell. When he got to the kitchen Jin was on the floor with Luna an Jimin standing about three feet away from him.

“What happened?” Jimin turned and look at Jungkook

“I don’t know.” Jimin looked scared. Luna went an sniffed him carefully, “I-I” he was speechless, “Is it possible for vampires to be possessed?”

“What?”

A Couple Days Later

Dr. Kim sits in his clinic going over patient history. His mind somewhat split in between his work and the current situation at hand.

“Annyeong.” He hears a voice from his door, “Ajussi.” Hyeri poked her head from behind the door with a smile.

“Hyeri-a.” as smile appeared from his face, “Come, come sit.” He gestures for her to sit in the chair in front of him. She walks over and sit in the chair on the other side of his desk. She smiles.

“Sorry ajussi, it has taken me a while to come talk to you.”

“Aniya, it is okay. How have you been? How is life with Yuri?”

“Not bad. I am learning a lot, not just about myself but my parents as well.”

“Myungsoo said that you refuse to come live with us. Why?”

“Ajussi, you know that I am…different. I am grateful that you opened your home to me but that will only put you in danger. I have already talked to oppa about this. I’ll tell you the same thing. I won’t stay here and put your lives in danger along with the kids and YeEum who is going to have a child soon.”

“You don’t have to worry about that.”

“I don’t want to put anyone’s life at risk.”

“You don’t think that you are putting Yuri’s life at risk?”

“I am only there temporarily. After I gain enough knowledge I will move on.”

“Where would you go?”

“That is something that is on my mind. I don’t know where exactly I am going just yet.”

“Since you’ve refused to stay with us, I can’t force you. But if you ever need something feel free to come by an ask.”

“Thank you ajussi.” She smiles.

“Appa!” Myungsoo rushes into the office. He noticed Hyeri sitting there across from his father. “Hyeri, you are here?”

“Hello oppa.” Dr. Kim notice something weird about the way she looked at Myungsoo.

“What is the matter Myungsoo?”

“Jimin-ssi just called and he sounded worried.”

“What is the matter?”

“There is apparently something wrong with Jin-ssi. He has woken up in the past two days. The human doctors don’t know what is wrong with him. They would like you to check on him.”

“Arraso. Prepare my bag we’ll head to their place as soon as possible. Tell Helen to cancel all my appointments for today.” Myungsoo nods and leaves the room but not before getting another quick glance at Hyeri, “I’m sorry. But I have to go. You are more than welcome to stay here for today.”

“Actually, ajussi can I go with you?” He was surprised, “I want to make sure that Jin-ssi is alright before returning. If that isn’t a bother to you?”

“You are more than welcome to come along with me.”