Chp22 Ultimatum

Forbidden

Jin stood guard at the campsite. As he looks at the moon he was reminded of Luna. His heart ached and pine for her. “Luna.” He let out a sigh. MinSoo walks out from the tent with a huge smile. He approaches Jin and notice the sad expression on his face.

“what is wrong my friend?” Jin broke out from his thought as MinSoo reached over to place his arm around Jin’s shoulder.

“Nothing.” Jin shook his head

“You missing someone?” Jin smiles, “I knew it. You aren’t married are you?”

“That is a plan in the making.”

“yah… Some people say that marriage is something that ties you down.” MinSoo spoke passionately, “but what they don’t know is that it is a sacred thing. Some who wants to get married aren’t even able to. Marriage is a covenant that you make with the person you love to stay together forever even through hell.”

“Being like this today, do you regret it at all?”

“You mean being able to stay with the person I love and cherish that most.” MinSoo smiles, “If I can do it all over I wouldn’t change a thing. I would make the same decision over.”

“Even through all this?”

“Even through all this, I will continue to love her. I will fight to the death for my love for her and our daughter.” They heard someone walking in the distant. MinSoo stood guard.

“It probably just Hyeri.” Jin reassured him. Something flew and hit the campfire. Minsoo and Jin look at what it was.

“Take cover!” MinSoo yells and blocks the tent with his body. Jin ran and hid behind the tent. Something shoot out from the fire, like bullets. Hyeri and Jungkook hears the shots ran back towards the camp. MinSoo held back the sound of his pain. Mee walks out with her child in her arms.

“Minsoo-ssi are you okay?” Jin walks to him

“Silver bullets.” He dug one out from his arm. Many people started to gather around them.

“Oppa are you okay?” Mee had a worried look on her face.

“I am fine.” Minsoo looks at Jin, “I need you protect them.” Minsoo got up and turned into the wolf.

“Oppa, don’t.”

Hyeri and Jungkook made it back to the campsite and saw all the people gathering around them. Hyeri spotted Jin and Mee at the tent. She runs in that direction. She bumps into Minsoo and he look at her.

“Hyeri.” She heard him through telepathy, “I don’t know who or what you really are but I know that I can trust you.” She looks into his blue eyes, “I probably won’t make it out of this battle,” she noticed his wounds that were oozing out blood, “I want you to take care of Mee and Boa in my place, please.”

“You can, you’ll make it through.”

“Please keep this promise for me Hyeri.” With that he lunges at the attackers that had surrounded them.

“Oppa! Andwe.” Mee shouted.

“We can’t let him fight alone.” Hyeri joined in the battle along with the two brothers. While they were busy fighting somebody sneaked from behind the tent and tried to attack Mee. Mee was able to cast a quick spell to rebound the attacker and Hyeri finished him off. Mee was still weak from labor and falls onto her knee.

“Hyeri-ssi.” She heard Minsoo’s voice once again. “Take my wife and child and leave.” She wanted to object, “KAJA!” She pulled herself together and take a hold of Mee and Boa.

“Mee, we have to go.”

“Ani, I won’t go without him.” Mee objected. Minsoo attacks the men in front of Jin and Jungkook. He looks them in the eyes. As if Jin also understood him, he grabbed his brother and ran to help Hyeri.

“We have to go.” She took Mee away with Boa in her arms.

“Let me go, I won’t leave without him.” Mee exclaimed

“MinSoo is fighting back there so that you and Boa can live. If you go back there and get yourself killed what will the point of this all be. You just gave birth to your daughter, and you know it weakens any supernatural being, even the most powerful one becomes vulnerable. If she loses you too, she’ll be an orphan.” The tears started to come out from her eyes, “Being an orphan is the hardest thing to overcome as a child. Everyone looks down on you, no one cares. People will say whatever they want because we have no parents to back us up. If you go back there Mee and die what will Boa do.” She started crying, “I beg of you as an orphan, don’t let her become one too.”

Jungkook saw the sad look in her eyes and it reminded him of himself. Him grabbing onto his mother’s arm and begging her not to leave him alone.

“I’m sorry Boa.” Mee kissed her little head and hands her to Hyeri, “When MinSoo and I got together we knew that we would have to go through thick and thin together. Our lives would require us to be constantly on the run. That didn’t include our little Boa here.” Her eyes began to fill with tears as she looks at the newborn fast asleep in Hyeri’s arm. “Hyeri.”

“Hmm.”

“I have a good friend back at the Wiccan village, her name in Kwon JiWoo.” Hyeri wipes her eyes, “Please take her there for me. She will be safe there. I know that JiWoo will raise her well.” Hyeri walks back towards the fight. “Hyeri I don’t know what or who you are and why you are hanging out with these vampires but I hope whatever you do can change the world for my little one.” She hands Hyeri the orb, “Give this to her also.”

“Kang Mee-ssi.” Jin stops her, “Please don’t do this. Boa needs you.”

“Jin wouldn’t you have done the same if it was for the person you loved? I’m just doing it for the person I love. Please help deliver her safely. I wish the best for you and the person you love.” Mee casts a protections spell over the group and leaves.

They all watched as she leave back to the camp. Hyeri hold Boa close to her chest and cries. “I promise I won’t let anything happen to her.” She says under her breath. Jungkook went and helps Hyeri up.

“Kaja. We have to get this kid to safety like we promised her parents. No stalling.” Hyeri walks in the direction of the Wiccan Village.

“Umma no matter what happens I promise to protect you with my life, just like how you did mines.”

 

After about two days they finally reached the village. Boa was in critical condition from not nursing. Hyeri was getting worried about Boa condition. Hyeri was able to cast an aura suppression spell on the group so that no one in the village would notice how different they were.

“Do you know here Kwon JiWoo lives?” Jin and Jungkook asked around, but no one would give them an answer. Hyeri was desperate.

“Please can you help this child?” she pleaded, “She hungry and needs to be nursed.” People ignored them and went on their way. “Please will somebody please help this orphan!” The memory of her childhood rushes through her brain, “Please somebody!” she cries

Someone taps her shoulder and she look ups. A young lady with a hood up smiles back at her. “What seems to be the problem?”

“Please.” Hyeri begged her, “Please help this child. She is a newborn and lost her parents in an accident. We’ve been traveling for two days and she has barely nursed. Please help us.” The looked at Hyeri and back at Boa. She was breathing heavily and looked almost like skin and bones.

“Follow me.” Hyeri and the boys follows her back to the her home. As the entered they notices a toddler in a play pen nearby. “Give her to me.”

“Hmm?”

“Give me the child so that she can nurse.” Hyeri hand Boa over to her and the lady takes her into a separate room to nurse. “please settle down. Treat this like your own home.”

Jungkook looks at Hyeri and she looks like she could collapse any second. There were bags under her eyes and they could barely open. “Hyeri, you should lay down and rest.”

“No, I can’t rest until we reached JiWoo. I have to protect Boa.”

“Hyeri, you can’t protect Boa if you don’t rest.” He make Hyeri sit down, “I’ll get you a cup of water.” He walks into the kitchen to grab a cup of water, when he came back the Hyeri had already fallen asleep. He lays her down onto the couch and covers her with a blanket. “Hyung.” Jin was sitting on the other chair, “Let talk outside.” Jin follows Jungkook outside, he looked disturb.

“What is it Jungkook?”

“Have you figured out why you are here yet?”

“I think I am her not because of me but because of Hyeri.”

“Waeyo?”

“This is the first time my premonition skills have ever taken me to a dream state. While I was here I was wondering what was going on and how did it happened. I realize my premonition started happening after touching the book Hyeri was reading when she first moved in. I would always see a lady in my vision. I finally know that lady was Kang Mee.”

“How does that relate to anything?”

“Did you notice the name of those two people we were helping? The name of that child.” Jungkook thought about it.

“You can’t mean that the child…”

“The child is Hyeri’s umma.”

“That is why she held onto the child so close to her.”

“Kookie,” Jin sighs, “I don’t know why we’re here. But it most likely because of her, she was meant to know something and I was just a stepping stone. Someone somewhere wants Hyeri to know her past.”

 

 

When Hyeri woke up the lady was in the kitchen cooking something. Jungkook was watching over Boa as she slept in the bassinette. Jin was playing the toddler. She stood up and walked to JungKook.

“You’re awake.” She nodded, “You feeling better.”

“How is she?”

“She has been sleeping soundly since she been nursed.”

“That is good.” Hyeri tried to go and pick up Boa.

“What are you doing?”

“We need to get moving. We can’t rest until we find JiWoo.”

“You won’t be taking that child anywhere.” The lady said sternly as she placed food on the table, “No one is leaving until they eat. C’mon and eat. She won’t be going anywhere trust me.” The lady sits at the head of the table and looks at the other three and gestures them to sit down. They all came and sat down, Jin brings the toddler and sits him in the high chair next to the lady and then he sits down. No one really touches the food. “Since the child was hungry, I can guess that none of you have been eating either.” Everyone started to eat in quiet.

“Thank you,” Hyeri talks through the awkwardness, “for helping us out with the child.”

“No child should suffer from hunger. Only a newborn and she already knows what starving from death feels like.” She said as she fed her child, “Where are you planning on taking that child anyways, without her parents?”

“We are supposed to find someone here in the village by the name of Kwon JiWoo. But no one seems to know who we are looking for and are ignoring us.”

“Since the daughter of the village elder disappeared it been kind of hectic around here. Since she is being chase not a lot of people are cooperating as well.” The lady sighs, “Why are you looking for that person anyways?”

“We can’t tell you.”

“If you can’t tell me then I can’t help you.”

“If I tell you I risk putting that child in danger.” Hyeri object, “Even if you don’t tell us where this person is I will find her if it is the last thing I do.” She was angry.

“Hyeri, calm down.” Jungkook pats her hand, “I’m sorry Miss. It been a long two days and my friend here is just upset.”

“I understand you anger completely.” The lady finished feeding her child. “But as a mother I can’t let you take that child in her condition. It isn’t safe or healthy for.”

“As her guardian I can’t say thank you enough, but I won’t allow her to stay here until I know it is safe.” Hyeri objected, “Thank you very much but after dinner we are heading out.” Hyeri got up and left the table and walked back towards the living room area.

“Sorry.” Jungkook apologizes and get up after her.

Hyeri was sitting on the couch with her eyes on Boa, rocking her back and forth in the bassinette. A tear slipped from her eyes a she looks at the child’s face. Jungkook walks over to her.

“Hyeri…”

“I’m sorry.” She spoke through her tear, “It just-,” she sighs, “This is probably going to be the first and the last thing I can do for her as her daughter. I couldn’t even save my grandparents.”

“Hyeri, this is just a dream. No matter what decision you make, the future won’t change. Nothing will change.”

“I know.” She wipes her eyes, “I guess the reason I am doing this is because as a daughter I couldn’t do anything for her or my grandparents. To make sure she is safe is all I can do.”

“Ms. Go Hyeri.” The lady walks out from the kitchen with Jin behind her “ I am the person you are looking for.”

“What?”

“I am Kwon JiWoo.”