Chp15 Sorrow

Forbidden

Yuri walks through the village of the Lykans towards Dr. Kim’s house. When she gets there, she sees a ton of kids running around the lot. The scene brought a smile to her face “Yuri-noona.” Some kids ran up to her.

“Hi everyone.” She hugs some of them, “Is everything okay here?”

“Yes.” They shouted in unison.

“That is good to know.” She smiles, “You all go play as I go and talk to Dr. Kim.” The kid ran off. Yuri walks into house, “Dr.Kim. are you in here?” He walks from the living room.

“Yuri, what are you doing here?”

“I was wondering if you heard anything on Minah.” The warm expression on his face faded, “I’ll try harder to find her. It was my fault that she disappeared.”

“It was not your fault. Minah is running for her life right now. You wouldn’t have been able to stop her if you wanted to.” He took a sip of his coffee, “What about Hyeri’s case, have you made any new discoveries?” she looks around and walks closer to him

“Beside the fact of her lineage, nothing. I can’t even track her attackers down. I need more time.”

“The trail has gone cold. It is fine to leave everything for now.”

“Dr. Kim.” Hyeri walks in through the door, “Yuri!” she runs and hugs Yuri. “It has been too long. How have you been?”

“I’m doing fine. Why are you here?”

“I came to pick up Mela. We were invited to the Mayor’s ball, HaNeul asked for Mela specifically.”

“Just you?”

“Ah…” Hyeri looks behind here, “the guys were just here.” She look out the door and saw all the little girls surrounding the two. She couldn’t help but laugh. Jimin was actually laughing and having fun with the kids verses Jungkook who was very awkward.

“Hyeri unnie.” Mela ran and hugged her “I missed you so much.”

“I’m so sorry it took so long to come see you guys.” She pinches Mela’s cheek , “But I here because I have a surprise for you.”

“What?” Mela was so excited

“You remember HaNeul, right?” Mela nodded, “Well his parents have invited us to a ball this weekend. So I am here to pick you to go find a nice dress and to go to the ball. Also, you’ll be staying with us for a few days.”

“YEAH!!!” she cheered

“Go and get your stuff ready. When you are ready, we’ll go.” She ran to pack her clothes.

“Hyeri.” A familiar voice freezes her “I didn’t know you were here. When did you get here.” Myungsoo walks down the stairs. Her heart ache but she was still happy to see her friend.

“I just got here not too long ago. Where is YeEum?”

“She preparing lunch with some of the girls in the kitchen. She teaching them how to cook.”

“She so knowledgeable.” Hyeri compared herself to YeEum, “You are indeed very lucky.” Myungsoo notice the sad words coming from . He didn’t want to ask her out in the open.

“I am indeed.” He smiles, “I have wonderful friends, family and a wife. What more can I ask for.”

“You are indeed a lucky man.” Jungkook walks in, “Not many are as lucky as you.”

“Jungkook-ssi, I didn’t even know you were here either. Welcome to our humble home. Hopefully you guys didn’t have any trouble on your way here.”

“No problem at all.” Jungkook had a calm expression, “Your place here is actually a lot more civilize than I thought it out to be.” Hyeri pokes his rib. “Ah.” He looks down at her.

“Ignore his comment.”

“It’s okay. No offense taken.” He walks towards Yuri, “No news on Minah.” She shook her head, “All we can do is pray that she is safe.” He turns to everyone else, “You guys are more than welcome to join us for lunch.”

“If it isn’t a bother to you guys.” Hyeri smiles

 

Hyeri walks to the backyard after lunch. She sits on the benches and looked out into the field. “I know you’re already taken, but I still yearn for you.” She said quietly to herself, “Where did I exactly go wrong?”

“Who are you talking to?” Myungsoo sits next to her and hands her a beer.

“Myself.” She takes the beer, “Thank you.”

“Why the long face my friend? Boy problems?” he chuckles

“I wish that was my only problem.” She took a sip of the beer

“What is your problem then?”

“I don’t know.” She sighs, “I guess just too many things has changed. You’re married, Minah isn’t who I thought she was, I have an actually family, and then there is me…” she looked lost, “I thought I knew who I was, but since that day, I no longer know who the hell I am anymore.” Myungsoo looks over at her and places his arms around her back.

“Hey.” She looks at him, “you are a beautiful, amazing, and strong person.” He smiles at her “you grew up without parents, you live past the hardest part, you made it. This is another stone you just have to go over. I know that Minah isn’t around but I am here for you Hyeri. Whenever you need anything just let me know.” She saw his caring face and welcoming smile that was in front of her. Her heart began to race little by little, her face began to warm up. She knew if she didn’t say it now she would never be able to say it again.

“I…” she took a deep breath, “I like you.” She looks away from him. His smile faded, “I don’t know when I started liking you, but for as long as I known, I’ve always liked you Myungsoo.” She said softly. “Just when I thought about telling you…you told me you gotten engaged and had plan to marry.” Her voice began to shake a little, “I was speechless. It is taking me a little while to give up on you, but I’m making progress. I know that we will always be as close as family and I am okay with that. YeEum is a great gal. I’m sure she is a lot more reliable and better than me anyways. I know that you’ll be a great husband too. So don’t think too much of it.” She stood up from the bench and took a deep breath before looking at Myungsoo. He sat there motionless and stared into the far distance. “I just wanted to get that off my chest. Thanks for everything you done for us today. We should be heading back. I’ll see you next time.”

She walks back towards the house as Myungsoo sat there still as a statue. The sound of the screen door shut and a tear slipped his onto his face. He squeeze his chest as if he was in pain. “I wish you had told me sooner.” He whispers to himself.

 

 

Hyeri went to the kitchen after putting Mela down. She sat at the table drinking wine that she had bought herself. Jungkook walk and sit across from her without saying a word. There was a mutual silence between the two. He sat and watched as she drank and shed some tears. As she starts on her second bottle Jungkook hold onto it preventing her from drinking another cup.

“What do you want?” her face was red from the alcohol and her eyes from crying.

“Promise me something.” He sighs, “This is the last time you shed a tear for him.”

“How do you know that I was upset about him?”

“I just know.”

“I have no more tears left to cry for something that will no longer be mine.” She smiles, “Tonight will be the last time I shed a tear for something like love.” She gulps down a glass of wine. “Minah is still missing, Myungsoo is married, my parents are dead, I no longer have anyone to confide in.” she gulps down another glass of wine, “I guess you come into this world alone, you’ll eventually leave alone.” No other words were spoken that night.

*What is the point of being in love with someone if it is going to cause you so much pain.* Jungkook thought to himself. He watches as she drank herself to sleep. He picks her up bridal style and carries her to her bedroom. He stares at her as she fell asleep. * I didn’t mean to eavesdrop on your conversation.* “ You can rely on me.” After a couple of minutes he finally left her room back to his.

“Where there is love, there is fear.” Luna and Jin watched the two, “Where there is love, there is sorrow. If there is no love, there is no sorrow or fear.”

“With love what is the use of fearing or sorrow.”

 

 

Hyeri, Yuri and Mela went dressing shopping the next morning. Mela and Yuri were having the time of their lives but Hyeri just couldn’t stop thinking about the night before. Her mind was full of confusion and she was regretting her decision of revealing her feeling.

“Hyeri-unnie.” Mela came up to her “Do you think this dress is pretty.” Mela put a yellow dress up against her.

“It is really pretty.” Hyeri smiles, “Why don’t you go and try it on first.” Mela runs off to the dressing room.

“Hyeri-ah,” Yuri walks over to her with different dresses in her hand, “Are you not trying on any dresses?”

“Ani.” She shook her hand, “I just haven’t found the right dress yet.”

“I’ve picked over ten dresses for you but you didn’t like any of them.”

“How about this one?” Someone places a red dress in front of her.

“Jimin-ssi.” He had a gentle smile, “What are you doing here?”

“There was nothing for me to do at home so I came to see how your dress shopping was going.” He observes her “It looks like you haven’t found a single one for this weekend.” She fakes a smiles

“I have bad taste in fashion. So I don’t know what to choose for the ball.”

“Would you like me to help you?”

“That is very kind of you but that is why Yuri is here.”

“Yeah, but you don’t like any of the dresses that I’ve picked out so far. If Jimin helps me out it’ll be faster and he might pick out something better for you to wear.”

“Is that okay?” he asked with a smile, “That is if you don’t mind.”

“If it isn’t a bother to you.”

“It is no bother.” He smiles, “Lets get started.” He went to a rack and started to look for a dress for her.

 

“Thanks for coming out and helping me find a dress.” She thanked Jimin

“No problem, sorry we couldn’t really find a dress that you liked.”

“Ani, it is fine. I’ll just have to look harder.” She smiles

“Hyeri.” Yuri taps her shoulder, “Mela and I are going to stop at this store for a bit. You and Jimin can keep going. I’ll call you when we’re ready.”

“Arraso.” Jimin and her keeps walking.

“Hyeri.”

“Hmm?”

“How are you doing?”

“Practice has been going well. I’m getting the hang of it.” She smiles, “There is this new spell that I finally got the hang of. I can show you later when we get back.” He smiles at her.

“I wasn’t talking about practice. I was talking about you in general.”

“Me?” she had to think about it, “I’ve been okay I guess. There is nothing new.”

“Is Jungkook training you okay?”

“His teaching is very good. He is kind of harsh and makes me do little weird tasks. Sometimes when he isn’t playing attention I run to Luna and stay with her because I know he never enters her chambers.” Jimin chuckles, “Now that I think about, have their relationship always been kind of awkward?” Jimin sighs

“Since you are staying with us for the time being you should know.” Jimin and Hyeri sat down at a table. “Believe it or not Jungkook and Luna were once lovers.”

“What? It thought she was in a relationship with Jin-ssi?”

“Hyung was after Jungkook.” He chuckles at her surprised expression, “The three of us all met Luna at a wedding. She was smitten by Jungkook’s look, but Jin was smitten by her beauty, but he kept it to himself when he found out she liked Jungkook. He became friends with her after they both dated. Hyung was always there for her when she needed him. She dated hyung after she broke up with Jungkook.”

“Isn’t there some kind of bro code or something?”

“You mean was there any heat between the two.” She nodded, “There was but Luna took the heat.”

“Waeyo?”

“After dating Jungkook she realized that he wasn’t the one she was meant to be with. Jungkook, never knowing what love was, didn’t treat her well. When she saw how Jin was towards her she began to fall for him. She broke up with Jungkook and started dating hyung not too long after. Even after she was found out she was welling to stay with hyung. Hyung didn’t want her to be curse and task them to end the relationship but she rather go through the curse than lose him.”

“What did Jungkook do when he found out?”

“He threaten to hurt Jin and leave the family. He even challenge him to a duel. Jin, feeling that he did indeed wrong Jungkook accepted the challenge. Luna found out about the challenge and went to stop them. In the process she got hurt but she also explained Jungkook why she left him. Ever since then there has been a silent truce within the two.”

“That is why they are kind of awkward sometimes.” She nodded, “Can I ask you another question?” he nodded “I know you guys are all brothers but why don’t you guys all have the same last name.”

“We all have different mothers.” His expression saddens, “Jin is the only legitimate son of my father. I was born out of wedlock. When I was about 3 years old, Jin’s mother passed away so father married my mother. But my father was a playboy and loved messing around. I remember when I turned about 15 years old, a ten year old Jungkook was left out in the rain in front of the mansion with a note.”

“What happened to his mother?”

“She passed away due to illness.” Jimin sighs, “She didn’t recover properly after having Jungkook. Jungkook hated father for it.

 

Heechul sat in his office doing some work on his desk. One of his man stops at his desk and hands him an envelope. He takes the envelope, “So what have you found out about our little friend?” he opens up the envelope.

“Her records starts at the orphanage and continues to the present. She was helping the nun at the orphanage run the place up until recently. The kids were transfer to a sister location and the nun is missing. She is currently staying at your resident now.”

“What?”

“She was staying there before the orphanage closed down. From what I’ve been told she is also a supernatural being.”

“Which one?” Heechul was stern. The man was hesitant, “Well, which one is she?”

“I’m not sure but I was told she was a Hybrid.”

“What!” Heechul stood up, “that is forbidden and my sons are sheltering her in my home. This is blasphemy.”


Thanks everyone for reading. I know I'm really bad at updating but please bare with me as I write this story. Comment, Update and Subcribe.