1/07/2017

Dear Diary

My first day at work. It was weird. At this time, Emma and I were not as close yet, so it was just me facing my first day of English teaching in a foreign country. I was volunteering as an English teacher, teaching little kids basic ABC stuff. My first day was the worst. Kids crying, parents complaining, and the hot weather wasn't doing me any good. I sighed so many times that day but then I glanced somewhere.

My eyes fell on Taeyong again. I just met him yesterday. He is from Seoul too but he is here doing marketing stuff for the very same center I work at. From afar, he looked so mysterious but the way he tried to calm that little girl who was crying after her mother left, told me that something else was hidden under his bad-boy looks. I only needed time to show me that I was right.

I honestly don't know how I managed to finish the day without having a breakdown. I just wanted to go back to my dorm and fall asleep.
As I walked down the street, a strange voice called my name

"Hey," he said and I froze. Taeyong was saying Hi to me. With an awkward smile, I waved back at him 

"Going home?" He asked so casually 

"Yes, I just finished ... you?"

"No, not yet I'm going to have lunch and go back to the office any recommendations for a nice place to eat ?"

"Well, there is a small restaurant just around the corner I haven't tried it yet but people here told me that it's good" 

He smiled again, that smile makes me want to run away as my cheeks grew red. He was acting so casual but I don't know what got into me. We talked after that about a few things walking together to that restaurant and we ended up having lunch together trying some unknown Greek food we couldn't pronounce. It was so funny, we kept laughing at what we ordered.

"So are you living alone ?"

"Well, I came alone but I met Emma here, she's from Seoul too"

"Really? I didn't know there were other Koreans here"

"I think it's just us three ... we can all meet sometimes if you want"

"Sounds perfect"

And he walked me home. I never knew that it only takes a couple of hours for a summer crush to take over my heart. He was glowing in my eyes and my heart never stopped beating since then.

When I went home, Emma was in the kitchen

"Hi" I greeted. She turned and gave me a big smile "Hi you're here" she was so nice. She had a baby face with medium length brown hair. She looked very kind and sweet too. I only arrived here a few days ago and I didn't have the chance to probably talk to her 

"Come ... I made us some soup" 

"You cooked ?"

"Yup"

"I just ate with Taeyong but it's okay I'll join you as you eat"

She nodded cutely and we cleared the table

"Who's Taeyong by the way?"

"He is a volunteer from Seoul too I just met him today"

She gave me an awed look "Aaaaaand ?"

I blushed, I knew what she meant "And? ... and" I stuttered awkwardly. She released a laugh and repeated " A~~~~nd?"

I sighed, I had nothing to say, my eyes hovering over the floor "He's so handsome" I said as I was setting a fact. I couldn't look at her in the face but then I could hear her laugh and I couldn't help myself so I started laughing too.

"Gi~~~~~rl you better show him to me," she said and we laughed a little more. Since that moment, everything started. My one side love relationship with Taeyong and my new friendship with Emma.