15/12/2017

Dear Diary

 

And he called me, he called me every day for the next three months nonstop. We were getting closer. I must say, he is the most annoying person I have ever met but I like him, he makes me smile, like a lot and he's nice, very nice and his heart is made of gold. I could depend on him and call him for help anytime, I simply ... trusted him.

Last week, I called him at 3 am in the morning because I heard some noise from the kitchen and I was too scared to leave my bed and go check it myself. When he came, I was so embarrassed. Obviously, it was just the sound of my window that I forgot to lock. 

He released a desperate sigh and gave me that horrible look "What?" I said still embarrassed "I said I was sorry"

"Whatever" was his answer before he sat on my living room couch and laid down 

"What are you doing?" I was getting confused and annoyed

"I'm staying here tonight, if you didn't notice, it's 3:20 am in the freaking morning, I came all the way from home head over heels for you, I'm not going anywhere"

I sniffed, "Okay fine," I said before I turned around going to my room. I threw him a blanket and went straight back to sleep.

The last time I saw Emma, however, was two weeks ago. While Jaehyun and I were getting closer, things between Emma and Taeyong were not going so great ... I guess.

Emma wouldn't talk about it much though, but I can see that she is really hurt, and being her best friend, I decided to meet her and ask her to open up about whatever was going on. When she arrived at the coffee shop where we decided to meet, she was wearing sunglasses and it was really irritating to me

"Emma can you please take these off, I can't read your face"

"You don't need to do that"

"Yes I do" she kept looking at me looking at her giving her that you-better-take-it-off look, she sighed and slowly took it off.

Her eyes were just so puffy and reddish

"WHAT THE ..." I half screamed at her "Were you crying?" she sniffed and her tears started coming down "Oh honey no no no ..." I immediately moved next to her and hugged her "What happened?" I asked

She grabbed into my shoulder and sobbed "Taeyong ... he ... he didn't call me for over 3 days now"

"W-what?" I hugged her closer "But why what happened?"

"I don't know" she broke the hug and looked at me whipping her tears away "He was acting weird, I don't think he cares about me anymore"

"Of course he does what are you talking about?"

And we talked for a while, Taeyong was acting strange, he wouldn't talk to Emma like he usually does, he keeps coming up with stupid excuses not to meet her and she was feeling just so sad, she couldn't understand what was wrong, she even thought that he is breaking up with her or cheating on her.

She was a mess.

When I went back home, I called Jaehyun, he was the only one that I could think of and who might actually help 

"Hey Honey," he said the first thing he picked up

"I told you thousands of times to stop calling me that"

He laughed "I know, what's up?"

"What's up with Taeyong?"

"Taeyong?"

"Yes, Emma was crying her heart out today saying that he might be thinking about breaking up with her, she was a mess"

"WHAT? That's not ... good"

"Well, is there anything you can do from your end?"

"Ahhhh .... mmm well, I can try"

"Jaehyun what is it? Why are you hesitating?"

"It's not our business can't we just not interfere"

"You better be kidding Jaehyun" I was about to throw a tantrum at him, how could he say that about our best friends?

"Well, sorry but ..."

"Emma is MY FRIEND and Taeyong is yours, if WE don't interfere then who will ?"

Jaehyun sighed "Actually, I'm not supposed to tell you this but ... Taeyong is really busy right now but he's not trying to break up with her"

I was really confused "Then WHAT is he trying to do?"

"Do you promise that you won't tell Emma?"

"What do you mean NOT tell Emma?"

"Can you just do that? It's for her own good TRUST me"

"I trust you Jaehyun it's just that I don't like the sound of this"

"Don't worry, it's a good thing ... I guess"

I was silent for a few seconds "Okay" I finally said breathing in deeply "I promise"

"Taeyong is ... trying to ... propose to Emma ... like to marry him"

My eyes widened as I heard Jaehyun's statement "He didn't know how to do it" He continued "He is so sure of his decision but he can't seem to find a way to do it, he is acting weird because he is afraid that Emma would notice, I know it's ... Hey are you still there?"

I coughed a littel "Yeah I'm still here" ... "That's a great news" I said too shocked and Jaehyun knew that something was wrong with the tone of my voice "Wow, that's good, I mean I'm so happy for them, yeah, I can see now, ... Okay, I won't tell her, I'll help Taeyon instead, hey listen I may have an idea or two can you call me later ?"

"Sure."

And he hang up the phone, I stood still for a while, Taeyong is proposing to Emma, that's pretty cool, right? I don't dont know actually but I felt numb, I mean I'm happy for Emma, it's great news ... Is it? I sighed and I dived into my couch staring and overthinking. That lasted for about 15 minutes and could have lasted more if that knock on my door didn't wake me up from my daze.

I went to open it and there he was, at my doorstep ... Jaehyun. 

I kept staring at him in confusion but he got in quickly closing the door behind himself and looking at me so deeply in my eyes and I was speechless

"Are you okay?" he simply asked but I was still staring at him. He held my hands "I said are you okay?"

I released a sigh I didn't know I was holding "Yes" I said and I didn't notice the tears that started coming down my cheeks "Yes" I repeated but he pulled my arms and held me closer to him and wrapped his arms around me

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have told you that over the phone" 

I gasped for air on his shoulder, I shouldn't cry I'm so happy for Emma, so happy for both of them.

On the other hand, Jaehyun was so warm, he held me tight, he was so gentle my hair. We stood like that for a while until I broke the hug "I told you earlier that I have few ideas that might help ... I want to be part of this" I said before we walked to the living room together.