29/08/2017 Part 2

Dear Diary

 

I agreed on going to meet his mother, but I had no idea about what was to come, I had no idea what I got myself into, it was just so gloomy and very unexpected. 

We finished our lunch and he didn't let me pay my share *Okay now he was really acting like a gentleman* and we went out, I was walking automatically toward the car but Jaehyun had other plans for me. "Come, let's walk for now" it was weird for me "I thought you were the millionaire's son and your feet are too precious to walk" he laughed and smirked "Yes," he said "That's still true, but not today" 

Something was wrong but I nodded and followed him anyways, he was quiet, very quiet. It was very unusual for Jaehyun's usual self. We walked silently down the street "So?" I tried to break the silence "Do you need to tell me something before I actually meet your mother?"

he smiled "No, you're just fine the way you are"

I stopped, in the middle of the road just not comprehending the words coming out of his mouth "No" I firmly said "Something is wrong with you today"

He laughed

"Just because I say nice stuff?"

"Oh Yes,"  I said and he laughed again 

"Nothing ... I think I'm catching a cold nothing more"

"Okay" I gave him a cold look and he smiled again "You don't have to be afraid of your love by the way" he suddenly said and I froze "W-what?"

"You know ... It's okay to make sacrifices, I know that you are trying to get over it, maybe, in the end, you will or at least start looking for something new to distract yourself"

I kept silent, I thought to myself, how could he know so much? and I couldn't dare to ask. I was still walking with my head to the ground until he suddenly grabbed my arm "Come" he said "This way"

we crossed the street to a flower shop where an old woman was making a nice bouquet of flowers. She lifted her head up to see both of us standing at the door to her shop and she screamed "Jaehyun my lovely boy" For a moment, I thought that she was his mother, I quickly fixed my hair and stood up straight until he said, "Hello Madame how are you?"

*Madame? isn't he supposed to say Mom or something?* Jaehyun let go of my hand and went to greet the old lady who seemed to welcome him warmly and I followed him shortly after that to greet her as well

"Oh" she exclaimed as she noticed me "Who is this pretty young lady?" she gave Jaehyun an awed look and elbowed him in the stomach "You never brought girls with you before, she must be a special one" he laughed getting either shy or nervous I don't really know. 

"No, no" we both tried to explain "She is one of my friends and we just happened to pass by" Jaehyun explained. After a few minutes of greetings, the old lady asked "So my boy? are you here for your usual?"

Jaehyun smiled and nodded "Yes please" 

"Okay" she replied "Wait just here" and she left, I looked back at Jaehyun who was just looking around aimlessly "You have many usuals, first the restaurant now, here?"  I said and he giggled "Yes I guess I do" 

A few minutes later, the lady came back with a big bouquet of flowers, the most beautiful I have ever seen "WOW" I screamed and the lady laughed "Beautiful, isn't it my child?" Jaehyun smiled again "Yes, like usual" he said 

We took the bouquet and walked out, the old lady kept saying nice things to us, blessing Jaehyun over and over again and asking him to come to visit as soon as he could he waved her goodbye with a big smile. "She's so nice," I said admiring the old woman 

"Yeah so nice" 

"Okay, where are we going now?"

and he stopped, and turned behind himself "Here" he said, I couldn't believe my eyes as we were just in front of a cemetery.

"My mom is here," he said.

I never said a word after that.

I watched him as he took off the old dead bouquet of flowers away from his mother's grave and put the new one.

I couldn't help the way he talked to her, introduced me to her, and told her about everything.

My heart broke into a thousand pieces when I realized how hard Jaehyun was holding back his tears.

He finally said goodbye and we walked away.

I was just walking behind him when he suddenly stopped in his trails, my head was in the ground I didn't see him when he stopped and I bumped into him

"Sorry" I whispered

"No, I'm sorry"

We never said anything after that, we got into the car again. He drove me home with dead silence and I waved him goodbye when we arrived. 

My heart never stopped aching since then.