Running Away

Blooming Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyesoo gasped. The situation was changing completely. "O-Oppa.." Hyesoo said weakly. And when she saw him start walking from her, she knew what he would do. But she couldn't stop him even if she wanted it. She completely knew how it felt. Baekhyun was already walking to his father with the speed of the wind. Minhwa was trailing behind him. His expression was indescribable, but Hyesoo knew one thing in his mind. How could appa set this all without telling anyone? Has eomma known this?

Hyesoo then looked at her mother who was standing next to her father. She could tell her mother was completely in horror when she realized that her son was approaching. And Hyesoo could only sigh when she looked at the same expression on her father's face.

"Appa, what is this?!" said Baekhyun almost yelling. He currently became the center of attention. He was standing right in front of his parents in front of the guests. It was so clear that he tried to suppress his anger.

And as if he didn't know what his son was talking about, Mr. Byun was immediately greeted him with his smile. Ignoring what the real meaning of Baekhyun's question. "Ah! This is an engagement party for you." his face now changing in a stern expression. He tried to ask Baekhyun not to do what he would do. He looked at the guests and some of them were confused about the current situation. This would be so embarrassing if something unfavorable happened. "Ehm.." he then cleared his throat and smiled immediately at the guests. "As all of you know, my son hasn't known this. This is actually a surprise from me, your mother, and also the Hwan family."

And when his father said that, what Baekhyun could do was just looking at Minhwa confusedly. The girl was just looking at Baekhyun with uneasiness. She just had the feeling that Baekhyun was not happy with this.

 

And Hyesoo couldn't do anything but just stood where she was. Listening to his father while looking at his brother and mother. She couldn't believe that her father would do something like this. She knew that arranged marriage happened in families like hers. But she just couldn't believe it that she and her brother were some of them. She looked at her father, and she could see him smiling happily with the Hwan family. Her mother was also smiling although she knew that she actually couldn't do it.

"Will you not join them?" asked Sehun. "I think your mother is looking for you."

"Ah, right." Hyesoo smiled slightly. "Come on, oppa." she added.

"You'll be alright, right?" asked Sehun when he could see her face was kind of gloomy.

She nodded before she held his arm. And what in her mind all along until she finally was standing close to her family was her brother. She knew he would do something. She knew, sooner or later he would say that he didn't want this.

 

And what Hyesoo thought was just correct. Baekhyun definitely couldn't accept this. Sure, Minhwa was his first love, but now everything was changing completely. He just couldn't do this. He didn't want to live in a lie. He couldn't accept this, but he couldn't say it in front of the people. He just didn't want to ruin his father's friendship with Minwha's father. He knew they were really good friends. Moreover, he also didn't want to see his mother cried in front of everyone although he was kind of upset with her for not telling him this. But still, for him, his mother was everything. She was the one who was always with him.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

It was a complete shock for everyone when Mr. Byun yelled at Baekhyun. The party was just ended and the guests including Hwan family had gone home. Baekhyun, who didn't expect it was just standing frozen in front of his father. No one was dared to talk when they looked at Mr. Byun's face. He was totally mad. He had suppressed his anger during the party. But Baekhyun was doing the same exact thing. If someone could describe it, he was ready to explode.

"I ASKED YOU BYUN BAEKHYUN!" yelled Mr. Byun again. His wife tried to calm him but it was in vain.

Hearing his father was just making Baekhyun wanted to yell at him back. He just couldn't believe his father. But he just didn't want this argument became worst. "I was the one who asked you about what you did," said Baekhyun looking straight at his father.

"Mwo?! How dare you talk to me like that!" asked Mr. Byun with his stern expression.

"Arasseo, Aboji! I will answer what you want me to answer," said Baekhyun while crossing his arms.

"Oppa.." said Hyesoo. She wanted to stop this argument but Sehun stopped her.

 

"I refuse this marriage arrangement," said Baekhyun.

"Mwo?" asked his father. He couldn't believe what he heard.

"I don't want to marry Minhwa." said Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun-ah.." said his mother weakly.

"I have my own reason. You should have told me before doing something like this, Aboji!" said Baekhyun. He almost lost his temper.

"Wae? Is it because of that Gaeun girl you are seeing constantly?" asked his father. Challenging him.

It wasn't only Baekhyun who were confused to his father. Baekhyun hadn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter