Rain

Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She loves the sound of rain.

 

It’s raining outside. The darkening sky is even darker because of the rain. I look out the window as I see the raindrops hitting the glass.

 

I do not like rainy days. It makes everything seems gloomy and…sad.

 

I sigh as I quickly take my car keys. I need to do something that keeps bothering my mind.

 

.

 

I park my car at a vacant space, a little far from the firm lobby. But I can still catch the sight of her standing in front of the entrance door, as she tends to keep her sight on the drowning pour of rain.

 

I sigh, I know that she does not let me to fetch her after work but I cannot help to feel more concern because of the weather. I walk toward her under my pitch-black umbrella, I hope she agrees to go home with me.

 

A frown is definitely visible on my forehead as I watch her talking to a man in suit. He seems to offer her a ride but she rejects it. I feel relieved although it does not last long.

 

Instead of leaving her alone, the man stands closer to her and attempts to start a conversation. He probably wants to stay with her until the rain stops, and if the rain is still pouring all night, he would insist to take her home.

 

Imagining her being with another person makes my breath hitch. I bite my lip as I walk faster, I want to reach her as soon as possible.     

 

The second she lays her eyes on me, my heart feels warmth all over again, despite the cold weather. Her smile is so wide that makes her eye-smile appears as she calls my name loudly, as if she is expecting to see me.

 

As she comes closer, leaving the man behind, I immediately wrap my coat over her shoulders. I am glad that she is happy to see me and I am even more glad that she lets me to give her a ride home.

 

The rain seems to pour harder than before as I lead her inside to sit at one of the armchairs. The man is nowhere in sight as I sigh in relief.

 

“Wait here, alright? I’ll pick up the car.”

 

I do not even start to walk but her hand already grips my wrist tightly. As expected, she wants to go with me.

 

Looking at the water puddle along the road as well as the heavy rain and strong winds, meanwhile turning my gaze on her with those heels and beautiful hair, makes me tell her that I would use my second wish to stop her in following me outside.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter