A Chance

Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She can’t hide her jealousy well.

 

“I always enjoy your performance. Your voice and your guitar melody blend perfectly.”

 

I grin and thank her as I catch her looking at my guitar case. She seems to be interested in it.

 

“You know, I can teach you to play it, Fany.”

 

She moves her gaze to me as a faint smile appears on her face. “Fany?”

 

I eventually realize what I just called her. As I rub the back of my neck, I utter sheepishly, “It just kind of come out from my mouth, I don’t actually realize that I said it.”

 

Her smile is getting wider that it reaches her eyes. “It’s cute, though. No one ever call me that, they usually just call me Tiff or Steph.”

 

Right, her real name is Stephanie. I am about to respond but a smooth voice interrupt us.

 

“Boss!” I look to my right just to see Taeyeon walking closer toward us. She stares at Tiffany for a while before looking at me with wide eyes, as if asking me to introduce her.

 

I do so as they both shake hands and smile, but I cannot help to feel uneasy with Taeyeon’s smile, especially when she turns to look at me for a moment.

 

Gosh, I have a bad feeling about this.

 

“So, you are the one who owns this place?” My attention divert to Tiffany again as I see her looking at me with a bit of confusion.

 

We never talk about what I really do for living, that’s why she asked me that. I think she must be thinking that I am just a performer.

 

“Yeah, the owner of this restaurant, our boss.” Suddenly, Taeyeon moves closer to me and holds my hand.

 

I widen my eyes in shock of what she just did. Sure, she sometimes would cling onto my arm, or slightly hug me on some rare occasions, but holding my hand this tight with no reason is completely taking me off guard.

 

“You guys seem close,” said Tiffany dryly. She is constantly eyeing my entwined hand, which makes me immediately try to release Taeyeon’s hand, I do not want Tiffany to have a wrong idea. However, the kid look-alike lady seems stronger than what I thought as she holds me even tighter.

 

The next thing that she utters freezes me on the spot, especially the last words.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter