Love Is Painful

Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The color of the horizon is too beautiful that I find myself being too immersed in it. Tightening the jacket around my body, I take a deep breath of the chilly morning air, letting my mind rests for a moment. There are too many things going on in my life right now that I feel the need to escape, even just for a short time.

 

"Fany-ah, why didn't you wake me up?"

 

A smile immediately appears on my face because of the sudden feeling of someone's arms wrapping around me. I giggle continuously when that lips are all over my face, peppering me with small kisses. But there's something that does not slip away from those eagle eyes. Suddenly, the atmosphere turns serious as that person does not tear their eyes off me.

 

"You want to be alone, right? That's why you didn't wake me up?"

 

Opening up my mouth only to close it again, I turn my back against them and slowly walk toward the shore, but not too far so they can still hear my voice. "If I want to be alone, I won't ask you to come with me."

 

Taking their steps toward me, the taller figure stands beside me, so near that our shoulders are inches away from each other. We are both letting our eyes be immersed on the sunlight that touches the sea of blue. With silence accompanying us, I think they want to give me some space and I appreciate that. But I do not want to make them feel uncomfortable.

 

"Babe-"

 

"If you don't feel like talking, then don't. I understand."

 

Those dark but serene eyes are gazing at me again, with determination in them. "If you feel like dying, you don't need to smile at me. I notice."

 

Finally, the last sentence that is delivered through that soothing voice is roaming around my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

 

"If you want to run away, tell me. I will go with you."

 

Biting the inside of my lip so hard that I can feel it starts to bleed, I desperately try to hide the emotions that I feel inside me. I am a good actress anyway, I am sure that I can pull this off easily. I do not want to ruin this precious time of us, this one last time.

 

I'm sorry. For being so bad at love.

 

===

 

I do not know what is bothering her. All I know is, if she's ready to tell me, then she will. And I am here, waiting for her.

 

But then, things start to get worst. She starts to avoid me, with no reason at all.

 

She does not let me meet her, she does not answer my calls, she never seems to be at home. Well, I am not really sure about the last one because she even changes her apartment passcode, but her apartment always seems dark from the outside which makes me think that she rarely comes back home. Whenever I wait outside her home, she never shows up, even if I end up staying up all night, leaning against her door.

 

I try to find her at work, although I will end up with nothing as Jessica always say that she's not in the office. I even go in to check it by myself, but all I see is just an empty room, with no Tiffany in it. Just tell me, what ways should I do to reach her? I desperately want to know, because I could not think about anything else. 

 

Running my hands through my hair, I sigh for the nth time as my eyes could not focus on a single thing. I stay up all night again, waiting for her to come home. But she never does.

 

Why are you doing this to me? You know that I will always love you, right?

 

.

 

Standing outside the apartment's lobby, my eyes are wandering everywhere, to the pink roses in my hands, to the endless darkness around me without you, all the way to the full moon that is shining so brightly tonight.

 

A bitter smile shows up on my face as one of our beautiful memories slips through my mind. I purposely waiting for her here on this particular night because of the magnificent night sky that reminds me of that certain night when I ask her for our first date.

 

Call me stupid for waiting in vain, as not once that I ever see her going home no matter how many nights I have waited for her outside her door. But I just feel so hopeless now, I have tried all of the ways that I know to find her but to no avail, she is gone. 

 

Looking up to the dark painting, I ask softly, "Have you seen her?"

 

"By shining so bright tonight, you definitely must have caught her attention." Raising up my arm, as if I can reach the moon and hold it in my hand, I continue, "Tell her that I miss her, so much."

 

"Tell her that she's all that I can think about."

 

The amount of pain in my eyes is definitely too clear for anyone to see as I cannot hold it inside anymore. I keep on talking to the moon because I believe she must be looking at it, somewhere. 

 

"Tell her that I don't think she's leaving me, I believe she's just getting lost somewhere and I'll find her in no time, like I always do."

 

Slowly folding my fingers together, suddenly all of the strength in me starts to crumbling down. Biting my lip so hard, I find it hard but I still speak out my mind, as if it's the last words that I manage to say.

 

"Tell her that I love her so much, please come back to me, please..."

 

.

 

"I want to sing tonight."

 

Taeyeon turns around to face me with shock all over her face. I ignore it as I continue, "Please tell Minho that I want to play the piano tonight." I am about to walk away but I suddenly remember something. "On the second thought, please prepare the keyboard instead, I want to face the audience when I perform."

 

Not getting any answer again, I take my steps toward the door only to stop when I feel her fingers wrap around my wrist. "Are you sure you want to play that instrument? It's been so long that you touch it after-" She closes , not able to continue because it is a sensitive topic for me, a long time ago. But thinking about that right now, it still could not compare to the pain that I am feeling at this moment so I just shrug it off. "I'm fine with it, the accident was years ago anyway. Besides, I think I can express the song better with running my fingers all over the black and white keys."

 

Seeing her nodding her head, I make a small smile and prepare to leave as she prevents me from doing that for the seco

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter