Strong but Fragile

Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany Hwang.

 

That name keeps swirling around in my mind, whether I realize it or not. Those enchanted pair of brown eyes wouldn’t stop mesmerizing me every time I think about it. How I wish to see her again.

 

I know that it should be much easier to get a glimpse of her, with her living next door. But still, I don’t get any chances these days. 

 

Should I just knock on her door? But, I don’t have the reason to do so. I shouldn’t say that I suddenly want to see her in the middle of the night. I shouldn’t say that I want to know her more, that I want to be closer to her, maybe become friends or even more...

 

Wait, what? For God’s sake, I just met her twice and this is what I thought about? I really need help, there’s definitely something wrong with me, I should get help, maybe from my friends. On second thought, no there’s no way I would let them know about her, if I tell them I would be doomed with lots of teasing coming from them. I should just solve this myself, yeah it’s not that hard anyway, I should just stop thinking about…

 

“Tiffany?” At the middle of my complicated thoughts, I see her.

 

 

 

 

 

I chuckle slightly. Even my own eyes are fooling me. There is no way she would be here. There is no way…

 

“Wait!” Her voice wakes me up from my non-sense mind. I see her running to the elevator that I currently occupied. I quickly push the open-up button but to my dismay the lift is not responding, it is still about to close.

 

Crap. Stupid lift. I immediately put my right foot in between the door with my hands pulling it apart.

 

“Wow, thank you.” I respond to her with a smile. I bit my bottom lip as her fragrance gradually invading my sense. It is just the two of us right now, but I cannot even do anything. Stupid, I should definitely talk to her, this is my chance. Come on, just open your mouth and speak, it is not that hard. Why am I being such a nervous coward anyway?

 

Thankfully, seems like the luck is with me today, being alone with her even just in the elevator, and having her open up the conversation which I failed to do so. My smile immediately appears again when she said,

 

“Are your hands okay? And your foot too. Did it hurt? Blocking the lift, I mean.”

 

I don’t even know I could smile this wide. “It’s alright. It didn’t hurt too. I’m okay.”

 

It is a good move to turn my body slightly to look at her, because only this way I can eventually notice that she looks kind of pale and weary.

 

“It’s good then.” Even her smile is not the same, it seems force out. 

 

A frown is definitely visible on my forehead as I say, “Are you feeling alright? You look tired.” I cannot hide the concern in my voice, seeing her like this. I hope that she is not sick.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter