It's You

Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I want you. I've wanted you since the first day that I met you. And I still want you now.

 

But not everything that I want in life would mean that I can surely have it. There would be obstacles that prevent me to reach it. 

 

I turn my body slightly as I heard a small groan beside my ear, being followed by a sudden weight on my body, clinging on top of me while continuing her sleep. Do not even have the energy to open up my eyes, I kiss the top of her head as my right hand never stops caressing the back of her head.

 

What a good morning that I yearned for.

 

But if it is already morning, our time together is also slipping away from us. Trying to not think about that, I wrap my arms around her waist as I give her small kisses at the side of her face. She is a heavy sleeper, this small action would not wake her up but I also not intending to wake her. So I keep peppering her with kisses as I cannot get enough of her. Her scent is something that I can easily recognize as it is everywhere around me. Although she has not been to my house for so long, her scent is still there, with me.

 

The sound of her calm breathing makes it hard for me to wake her up. So I just hold her tighter because I do not want to let her go. I want to take her out like before, seeing her smile whenever she watches the sun sets down beautifully, just like her eyes. I yearn to kiss her anywhere that I want without her worrying that someone would catch us. I need to capture her laughing freely around me while uttering she loves me. No matter how much I wish to make her feel loved, I cannot deny that I also want Tiffany to show her love to me, with full contentment.

 

After all, I am just a human who needs love.

 

And you will never know just how beautiful you are to me, but maybe I'm just in love when you wake me up

 

The ringtone from my phone startles me as I try hard to reach it without waking the sleeping beauty in my arms. But to no avail, when I am about to get up, she prevents me from doing that by slipping her arms around my shoulders and brings me down between the sheets again. Shaking my head while chuckling a little, I could only execute the plan b, lifting the poor phone with my foot, in a struggling way. If I do not know her better, maybe I would think that she is messing with me by pretending to fall asleep but with the soft snores filling up my ears, I can guarantee that she is really exhausted.

 

When I can finally touch the screen, a deep husky voice greets the silence surrounding the house as I frantically try to turn off the speaker.

 

"Yes? What it is, Jisoo?"

 

"You know I hate to say this, but that man seems to start getting suspicious. You know that he is not dumb, right? If unnie is still not showing up to work, I'm afraid that he would know."

 

Sighing while rubbing my head that suddenly starts to hurt, I close my eyes and mumble, "Tell me, how much time left that I have by being beside her?"

 

The next few words that my secretary says only making my headache feel even worse. I cannot believe how short it is to be with her but how long it is to see her ever again.

 

"Only an hour left."

 

===

 

"Babe, promise me that you won't get mad."

 

"Oh, how would I be mad at you, hmm?" I wiggle my eyebrows to , which earns me a soft chuckle from her, and a slap on my arm, of course. 

 

"Stop it, babe!"

 

"Why? I don't want to stop loving you." I tried to say those words with a poker face but fail miserably as I cannot stop the laughter that is bursting out loud.

 

Tiffany laughs along as she shouts at me, "Yah! Stop teasing me!" 

 

I cannot stop myself from grinning at her as I lean in to kiss her on the lips. This is how we usually would do when we wake up next to each other. Having a heart-to-heart conversation while showing our love to each other. I surely will miss this. A lot.

 

"Hey, I'm serious! I wanna tell you something." I immediately wake up from my thoughts after hearing her loud voice ringing beside my ear. I totally think that she can be a professional singer, she definitely will hit those high notes easily.

 

Pulling out my arm to pull her close without leaving my eyes from hers, I nod my head to tell her that I am listening. She sighs and I see it appears, our reality and the sadness covering her beautiful brown orbs. 

 

"I kind of have this thought this other day, like if I can't win this fight--"

 

"You will, Fany-ah. I'll make sure of it."

 

Tiffany traces her fingers on my cheeks as she nods firmly, "I know babe, I know. But I just want to say if I lose this fight and that I need to surrender myself to him, please don't stop me. Please, just move on, alright? Find someone who deserves you more than me. I don't want something bad to happen to you, or your family. That's the last thing I want."

 

I clench my jaw at what she just said but I try to control this burning feeling in my chest. I cannot let it explode, at least not now, I have promised her that. 

 

"I know that you can't accept anything that I just told you, but I just want to say what's inside my head. I don't want to keep anything from you and I believe that if you're in my shoes right now, you would do the same, right? You would choose the best thing for me, even if you need to sacrifice yourself."

 

I sigh and shake my head at that, "No, I won't." I can't look at her in the eye right now because I don't want her to get scared with the amount of anger that is showing through my own eyes. "Sacrificing yourself alone is a foolishly selfish act, that is not love. Both of us will be suffering. If you choose to let me go, are you sure that you won't regret it, Tiffany?" 

 

The air around is getting tensed and I hate that we spend our limited time arguing with each other. Closing my eyes to calm myself down, I take a deep breath as I find her hands in mine to hold them gently.

 

"All I want is for you to be happy, Fany-ah. This is why, I know for sure that if I'm in your shoes, if I choose to sacrifice myself and let you go, you definitely are not happy. You would never give up on trying to save me, you would wait for me, spend your life yearning for me. I don't want that to happen, never."

 

Even if I ain't looking at her face, I know that she is crying silently, trying to stop the tears to flow down. Biting my bottom lip, I pull her softly to lean on my chest, letting her listen to my heart, which always beats rapidly because of her.

 

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry, I should've thought about you. I was only thinking about my own feelings, I'm so sorry."

 

"Shh, it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter