Her Hidden Secrets

Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sneaking my hand out, I'm about to successfully take the small piece of meat only to retreat my hand back upon the sudden slap against my palm. 

 

"Mom! Just a tiny piece wouldn't change anything!" I unconsciously pout as my mother can only roll her eyes at me. 

 

"Wait for your girlfriend, okay? Then, you can eat whatever you want." After 'disciplining' me, she immediately goes back to flip the fish on the pan.

 

I sigh in disappointment as I walk away to the living room just to see my father raising his eyebrow at me teasingly. "Got scolded by your mom again?"

 

I nod my head and sit next to him as he laughs at my misery. "How can Tiffany handle this giant baby?"

 

Smiling at the mention of her name, I know I look like a fool as I utter, "Because she's also a baby. She's like a kindergarten kid, you just don't know it yet, dad."

 

"What did you just call me?"

 

Shivers instantly run through my entire body as I don't have the courage to look back. Dad must have sensed the different atmosphere around us as he whispers to me, "Oh, I think you're in trouble now, kiddo."

 

"I know, dad. I know."

 

.

 

"Here, eat this Fany-ah. It's so delicious!" I put the egg roll on her bowl as I immediately pick up some meat only to give it to her again.

 

"The meat is really juicy. You'd like it."

 

"Oh, the fish is well-seasoned, too. You have to taste it!"

 

"Even the mushroom is so tasty, Fany-ah. You一" My words are cut off with the kimchi stuffed in my mouth as I open my eyes wide. Like always, I'm amazed to hear her giggles. "Thought you'd never stop talking. You need to eat too, babe."

 

Swallowing the food, I continue to hear her voice as she talks to my parents. "Thank you for the lovely dinner, it's been so long for me to taste the amazing home cooking food."

 

Mom smiles warmly at her. "No need to be so formal, Miyoung-ah. Whenever you crave for home-cook food, just come here, okay? This is your home, too."

 

Miyoung? They even know her Korean name, I can't help but grin widely at the sound of it.

 

"Your mom is right, Miyoung-ah. You better finish all the food that kiddo picked up for you before they all gone because of the shikshin." My lovely father points at me, which make me want to protest but I stop upon seeing the beautiful sight in front of me.

 

The love of my life is embracing the two most important people in my life. With happy tears glistening her face, I gulp as I stand up to approach them.

 

"Let me join the group hug!" I shout on top of my lungs and squeeze each of them in a tight hug. Hearing the roar of laughter from them, I chuckle along and close my eyes for a while, cherishing this moment dearly. 

 

.

 

"Babe, here. You need to eat the vegetables too, not just the meat!" I let her feed the green grass in my mouth as I try hard to swallow it. Not enough with that, Tiffany even picks up the worst one, the pickled carrots as she forces me to eat it.

 

"No, not that orange thingy!" I look at it with disgust as Tiffany smiles at me.

 

"Just for once, baby.  They're good for your eyes."

 

Is she switching her job to a doctor right now?  "But一“ 

 

"Come on, eat it for me."

 

I sigh in defeat. "Fine."

 

What's really worst is not the taste of it, it's the whispers that are audible for my ears. I can hear them clearly.

 

"As expected, Miyoung is the best."

 

"That's right, honey. Our tough kiddo is nothing compare to her."

 

Mom, dad. I'm here.

 

"What a cute couple. Can't wait to see them getting married."

 

"Even if they're not married yet, our kiddo is already being so whipped."

 

Sighing for countless times already, I see my Fany smiling sweetly at me as I unconsciously open up my mouth to let her feed me again. 

 

Whipped for this beauty? I think I am, ever since the first time we met

 

Leaning my head closer to whisper something against her ear, I'm satisfied with how my action affects her so much. Leaving a kiss on her cheek, I successfully make her stop feeding me as she tries to hide her reddened cheek.

 

I smirk, you're as whipped as me, Fany-ah.

 

=== 

 

"You're really good at practicing to be my future wife, Fany-ah."

 

"Stupid." I mumble under my breath as my hand keeps wiping the plate with a white cloth. The same voice keeps invading my mind to the extent that my face feels so warm for the nth time.

 

"Did you just say something, Miyoungie?" I never thought that I could shake my head this fast as I stutter nervously, "N-nothing mom. It-It's nothing, really."

 

Hearing the soft chuckle, I glance at her to see the motherly smile that I've forgotten how it looks like. It's been so long since I've last seen it as suddenly a lone tear escapes my eyes.

 

"What's wrong, Miyoung-ah?" The water stops running as I can feel warm arms wrap around me. Couldn't stop them anymore, I let my tears flow down freely and hold the woman tightly.

 

"I...I miss mommy." Biting my lower lip, I try to stop my body from trembling, but to no avail, I failed. This warm embrace just makes me miss mommy even more, I miss her soft hands that calmed me down by caressing my hair lovingly, her soothing voice that lulled me back to sleep whenever I had horrible nightmares. Oh, how I wish to see her again, even just for a moment.

 

"I miss my family, too. Daddy, oppa and unnie..." Each picture of them is popping out in my head that I couldn't help but wonder if they miss me too. 

 

"Go visit them, Miyoungie. They'd be so happy to see you." Looking up to see the tender smile again, I return the gesture only to frown when I think about the last sentence. "Would they? I don't know, mom. They're all busy with their new family already, I don't want to interrupt."

 

Mom pulls out a chair and gestures me to sit as she also sits down next to me. I look at her again and she seems to understand the meaning of my gaze that she immediately nods her head and squeezes my hand, signaling me to continue. I tell her about everything relating to my family, I pour out all of my emotions, my longing for them. I usually not the type to reveal my personal story easily but her warm gaze reminds me of my own mother, it's like talking to her and being with her, after so long.

 

my hair ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter