The Woman Next Door

Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is a typical day, the sunlight peeking out from the curtain, the sign to start the day. If I look back to this morning years after, I would ask myself to wake up earlier, because by doing that I will see her more sooner. But it is just another typical day for me that morning, or so I thought, because after I walk out from that door, the moment I lay my eyes on her, I know it is a whole different day.

 

The way she smiles nervously when she sees me, her hands that quickly straighten the creases on her shirt as she walks to stand in front of me, to the way her eyes seem to look away shyly from my gaze.

 

“Hi, is there anything I can help you with?” I finally pull back from my trance and break the silence between us as I try to avoid staring too much, I do not want her to feel uncomfortable.

 

“Oh hi! I just want to say hello, you know I just moved in this morning. I live next to you.” She points at her door, the place she leaned on when I get out of my apartment. Just then, a thought comes across my mind.

 

“Don’t tell me, you’ve been waiting for me to come out?”

 

A small nod is all it is as her answer. A tint blush appears on her cheeks and she plays with her hair. I smile, even her being embarrassed is cute.

 

Gosh, I mentally facepalm, what is happening with my mind?

 

“Did you wait for long? I am sorry if I take too much of your time.” I feel uneasy at the thought of her waiting for me. It is still early and she must be tired of moving in.

 

She widens her eyes as her hands waving from left to right before saying, “No don’t feel sorry please, it’s just that I rang your bell and there was no answer so I thought that there was no one home. But after I greeted the other neighbors, the one opposite your door said that you usually come out at 8 so I decided to wait. I just wait for about ten minutes, it’s not that long and oh you must be going to work right? I am sorry I keep on babbling nonsense. You should go now.”

 

I raise my eyebrow as she lets out a shy smile. Right, I should go before it’s late. I unintentionally let out a chuckle, “Okay, nice to meet you.”

 

“Nice to meet you, too.” She waves at me as I walk away toward the elevator.

 

Wait, something is wrong. It is like I forgot to do something. I shake my head as I touch the lift button. Oh right, her name. As fast as I could I look back just to see no one in the hallway. She must be going in already.

 

How can I be so stupid? She waited for me and I didn’t even ask her name.

 

===

  

I can say that I am not a morning person, but I must be smiling too wide this morning. Even Yuri notices it.

 

“Something good happened, boss?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter