Way Back Home

Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The story of us, would it really come to an end like this? Just looking at you from afar, feeling the same or even more powerful connection between us, only to end up moving toward different directions in our lives.

 

I bite my lip when the voice of my heart screams out in despair, you do know that you can change it into your own happy ending.

 

I clearly know the love that I feel toward them would never go away, as the waves of jealousy hit me when they lean closer to the woman to whisper something. Clenching my fists, I try so hard to not doing whatever it is that jumped in my mind, which is running toward them to break them apart while pulling my love in a tight embrace. But then, my senses finally kick in as I remind myself that I am a nobody, just a woman who stupidly left the love of her life behind, I deserve this.

 

Just like how my mood turns sour so fast, it changes to a blooming flower in an instant. The second those eyes meet mine, whatever self-control that I have come to waste as I am drowned into the intense stare that I received. It’s been too long since the last time I saw those pair of dark brown eyes that always appear so calm and mesmerizing, balancing the raging storm in my heart.

 

Introducing themselves as the new CEO of the company, I frown when I heard that. They ever told me that they dislike to keep themselves in the boundaries of those four walls of office job, but they are taking over the company now? Deep inside, I clearly know the reason for their action, although I try hard to ignore it, fearing that I would hate myself even more if that is the truth.

 

Throughout the meeting, I can truly sense those pair of eyes would occasionally throw glances at me as if they never get enough of just one stare. I admit that I do the same, trying so hard to do it in a subtle way, as I take in all of the perfection sitting near me. I notice their hair that seem to grow even longer, those arms that appear stronger than before, the lean shoulder that reminds me of long-hour cuddles, all the way to those eyes that…are openly gazing at me, with the same intensity and calmness. Two contrast emotions that always hit me right to the deepest part of me.

 

I cannot deny that after all this mess that we are going through, we still never ever get enough of each other, and all those longings that we feel seem to make us fall even deeper, if that even makes sense. Trying so hard to focus on the presentation, I sigh in relief when I feel those eyes finally move their focus away from me. But the foolish me immediately missing that certain someone again as I steal a glance toward the person, only to blush madly when they catch me doing it.

 

The fluttering feeling making me feel like a teenager in love, just a simple kind of love without worrying about anything. Just a simple glance would make me feels like flying to the cloud nine, that is what happening with me right now. My heart is beating the same, although getting faster as the seconds passed, as the deep voice taking up the space in the spacious room.

 

The authority and the professionalism that I hardly saw from them trigger the different kind of emotion that I have never felt before. It is like I am hypnotized by their charm, this rare side of them enhance the adoration that I feel for them.  All I want right now is to beg for forgiveness and to comfort the pain that I have caused them.

 

But I don’t think saying sorry is enough to pay for my sins.

 

===

 

“Fany-ah.”

 

I quickly open up the door to the stairway to hide when I see her boss next to her was about to turn his head as well. We have been acting like a stranger all throughout the meeting and it would be weird for him to see me calling her intimately.

 

I sigh and mumble ‘stupid’ to myself repeatedly because I am totally just ruining my chance to finally talk to her face to face. So, I quickly lunge toward the door to chase her only to find it being pushed from outside. And before I could see who did that, I find myself struggling to balance myself when suddenly someone presses their body on me while arms are wrapping around my neck. Out of reflex, I embrace the petite lady over her waist tightly as my senses are engulfed in her scent that makes me do not have any intention to let go, even if I find it hard for me to breathe.

 

No one speaks any words as we just stand here, relying on each other’s arms. I do not know how long we are in this position but I really wish time would stop ticking so she would not be gone, ever again. Resting my chin on her shoulder, I close my eyes when I recognize her soft hand gently caressing the back of my head, just like the old times. Making me feel like I am the most precious thing for her, that I need to be taken care of, and to be loved.

 

“It’s been hard for you, isn’t it?”

 

Shaking my head, which results in tickling my nose over her neck, I end up burying my face even deeper to memorize her scent all over again.

 

“Liar. When the fact that you even sacrifice yourself for me, for the nth time.”

 

Biting my bottom lip, I mumble against her soft hair, “I’m not.”

 

She releases her arms around me to look at me dead in the eye, as words start to come out rapidly from her lips. “Why were you keep disagreeing with me, when I practically said the truth? I gave you a hard time, whether I am beside you or not, I always troubled you so much that-”

 

I lean my head forward to cut her off only to meet my lips on her forefinger that she places in between us. Questioning her with both of my eyes, she stares back at me with a hint of gloominess showing up. “Don’t. I don’t think I can stop myself if you kiss me.”

 

My eyes reflect the same sorrow as I move away while slumping my arms dejectedly. I cannot seem to look at her again as I feel my own emotions are suffocating me. This is not what I picture myself be when she is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter