Calm Before The Storm

Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"What do you think?"

 

I shift my body up so I can look at her properly, only to find myself trapped in her elegance aura. The soft white silk dress is hugging her toned body perfectly, exposing the curves for the world to see. But then, a frown appears on my forehead as I utter,

 

"Why you've never worn that dress when we're going out on a date?"

 

A sly smirk is painted on her flawless skin as she comes closer to me in an awfully slow motion that I hate myself for being so pathetic that couldn't even tear my eyes away from her. She eventually reaches the sofa and puts her fingers under my chin, continue to tease me by lowering her body toward me.

 

"Looking at you, that's the reason why." Tilting my head in confusion, I see her gradually moving back to a standing position with her fingers under her own chin this time. "Your lips were opened wide, you couldn't even move and your eyes were killing me." She pauses for a moment to let me digest to that information and then continues, "Imagine how embarrassed would I be if you do all of that in public?"

 

Three. Two. One.

 

"Tiffany-ssi!" I lunge forward but she easily escapes from me like a pro and starts to run away all over her apartment. And me? I can only shake my head at her childish attempt only to find myself chasing after the kid.

 

"Catch me if you can! Merong hahaha..." I really can't believe how in the world my long legs are defeating against her shorter ones. Her giggles are all over the whole place, totally enjoying her victory. But of course, it wouldn't last long because the real winner will always win. 

 

"Caught ya!" Trapping her in a warm back hug, I rub my nose between the sheets of her hair that makes her laugh. She then turns around to pinch both of my cheeks playfully and plants a sweet kiss on my lips. I'm smiling to the kiss, only to groan seconds later because of Tiffany fleeing away from me again, to answer her phone.

 

I walk toward her and stops to stare at her back view. I know no matter how crowded the place is, I'd always find her easily even if I don't see her face.  

 

"I need to go now, babe. Taeyeon's waiting."

 

Before she could take another step away from me, I quickly pull her into my arms. "You're not going anywhere."

 

Tiffany chuckles at that, she doesn't think I'm being serious right now.

 

"I'm not letting you go out wearing this."

 

When she tries to release my hold on her, but I resist, she starts to realize that I'm not just fooling around this time. Her beautiful eyes searching for mine, while her soft fingers caressing my cheek. "Babe, why are you being like this?"

 

Sometimes, I don't even understand myself, I couldn't figure out what's happening with me. Shaking my head slightly, I take a deep breath as I collect all of the air that I need as I start to ramble every single thing in my head, "First, I'm not with you. Who's going to protect you from all the stares and smirks that you'd obviously get by being this hot. Second, I can guarantee my ert best friend won't stop ogling at you too and I don't know what will happen when I'm not there to stop her. Finally, I'm just jealous, okay? I know this sounds so possessive but I honestly don't want to share you with everybody else."  

 

Lowering my head in shame, I even pout my lips as embarrassment is clouding up my mind. The worst thing is, I don't feel Tiffany's hand on my face anymore, she's probably disappointed with me. 

 

"You do know that you're treating me like a child, right?"

 

I can only nod my head at that.

 

"I'm an independent woman, I can protect myself. You also know that, right?"

 

Nodding my head the second time.

 

"You're not sharing me with anyone, because I only belong to you. I believe you understand it, right?"

 

Still avoiding eye contact with her, I can only nod my head again. But, she doesn't like that.

 

"Babe, look at me. I want to look at you."

 

Shifting my gaze to focus on those deep brown orbs, they give me the strength to run my eyes all over the poker face that she's showing me.

 

"I really love it when you're being honest with me, that's important to make our relationship work. That's why I thought I should do the same. So, I let you know exactly what I felt when I heard you said that to me."  

 

"I know. I know, Fany-ah."

 

My words make her eye-smiles appear for the world to see. "So, we're good?"

 

"We're good." Her smile is really contagious as I have my own grin on my face.

 

Out of my expectations, she suddenly wraps her arms around my head to let me rest on her shoulder. "Your real intention is to protect me, to always keep me safe. You care a lot about me and make me feel loved. You're not just my lover, my best friend or my soulmate, but you're also like a parent to me." 

 

Running her fingers between my hair, she keeps on speaking softly, "I don't want you to worry too much, babe. I'm sorry if my reaction has hurt you, but I just want to be my own self in front of you. I'm used to facing problems alone, to keep myself safe in my own power."

 

Tiffany turns to kiss my side face affectionately as I keep listening to her soothing voice. "You're not being possessive with me, you just love me too much." She giggles right away when she notices me blushing madly. "Erase your insecurity, I'm not going anywhere, because I also love you too much."

 

Gazing into her eyes for the nth time tonight, I smile when I see the obvious pink tint on her cheeks. This is the perfect moment for me to move closer and capture her lips in a passionate kiss, feeling the butterflies again.

 

But of course, a fuming Taengoo won't let that happen as she shouts my name from outside the door. "I know you are the reason why Tippany isn't coming out. I just borrow her for a few hours and my time is running out. Let her go already!"

 

Shaking my head in disbelief, Tiffany immediately runs to find her purse only to come back toward me to kiss me goodbye. 

 

"I'm going out now, babe. With this dress."

 

===

 

I eventually decide to stay in her place as I take over her Queen size bed. Rolling my body around with her scent all over me, which make me miss her even more. Recalling our conversation a few hours ago, a proud smile immediately shows up on my face. She's so mature that all this time I see myself learn countless things from her and I can say, the two of us are growing together, to become even better than who we are yesterday. 

 

My phone suddenly rings that I don't even know I can jump this fast as I quickly grab it from the sofa. I know, I shouldn't feel disappointed. But, it's not her.

 

"Hey, Yul."

 

"What's up? I heard Tiffany is going out with Taeng. Wanna hang out and catch a buzz?"

 

"Hmm. I wanna go to bed already."

 

"This early?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter