Chapter 7

Your Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Renjun sighed as he watch the younger leave for his morning date. He stared at the empty plates and left over breakfast on the table. Throwing the dirty dishes in the sink, he folded up his sleeves to his elbow and started his morning routine. 

A bitter feeling had been invading his chest since the very sun rose up from the horizon. Renjun being the person he is just shrugged his shoulders and hopped off, putting away his thoughts.

In all truth, he hated when he's alone. Sure, he has Junie. But an animal presence is different to a being's right? He just felt unsafe and unsecured. 

Placing a peg on the laundry he was hanging up in the back garden. Renjun huffed, how long was Chenle going to be out for? He didn't ask, he didn't want to sound caring. Afterall their relationship was none of his business. 

The bell then rang, making his lips turn upside down on the spot before a second could even pass. He dropped the pair of jeans he was about to hang up and dashed for the front door, crashing on to two chairs and tripping on the grass broom.

He brushed his pink apron and fiddled with his hair. Quickly undoing the key, he opened the main entrance. 

"Hello Renjun dear." As much as disapointmeant hit him, he still smiled at the well aged women by the door, welcoming her in.

"Please sit Mrs.Zhong, I'll go prepare tea." He assured, pulling out one of the chairs under the kitchen counter. 

Renjun placed a silver tray of hot green tea, the Zhongs favorite type of hot beverage. He tipped the pot over a white seramic cup, serving the drink to the elder. 

"Thank you sweetheart." Mrs.Zhong blew the hot steam gently, sipping a bit of her tea.

"So how is it so far with living together with Chenle?" She started, placing her cup down. 

Renjun was speechless, she wasn't suppose to be here. "We're doing fine, I guess. We work great together Mrs.Zhong, it's just that he doesn't like me." He assured, folding his apron away. 

The elegant mother chuckled, "You know Renjun, I'm sorry if you feel pressured with this arranged marriage. I wish I do atleast something about it." She said, her neck.

The younger shook his head, "I should be the one sorry, afterall this was my father's choice." He sadly smiled, dropping his eyes to his shoes. 

"In all truth this is the first time me seeing Chenle hating someone so much. I'm not saying your a bad person sweetie, in fact I think you'll be an awesome future son to have! Look at all the good things you do in this little house!" She beamed, placing a hand on his shoulder. 

"What I'm trying to say is, your very unique to my son. Even if he doesn't like you now, I'm sure he will love you later on." Mrs.Zhong assured. 

Renjun lifted his head up. "I guess you could be right. I mean, not everyone likes everyone." He whispered. 

His hand reached for the small plates of biscuits, offering them to the elder lady. 

"No thanks dear. I better get going. Chenle's out I bet, and I only needed to talk to you." 

Renjun furrowed his brows, "You don't want to wait for him Ma'am?" She shook her head politely. 

"I'll be going now, say hi to Chenle for me honey." 

The opening door stumbled on the up high bell making Chenle's head shot up from his hot drink. A smile was painted right on his face when the girl of his dreams waved at him, rushing over with her best friend. 

"Morning Lele." She greeted, settling down on the wooden seat.

Chenle felt his chest ease as his spine felt an electric buzz of thrill. "Mornin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter