Chapter 27

Your Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AS HOPELESS, DISHEARTENED AND MELANCHOLY HE WAS, HE IS JUST LETTING HIMSLEF DOWN EVEN MORE. He barely uttered a thing to his parents after the doctor left, who just sat there watching him in grief. His tears would threaten to fall every now and then, whenever someone ponders about how sorry they felt for him. Renjun didn't like the pity. He's a strong boy, a very self-reliant young man.

When the door slipped open, his heart scrunched, hoping it not to be Chenle. But no luck, the high school student peeped through the small gap, flying his eyes over the tired Renjun, then revealing his whole self, flashing a small simper.

Renjun had already slapped his view away from the entrance, trying his best not to get much attention of Chenle. But of course, the lad was here for him, Renjun had to get over it somehow.

He greeted his parents first, then lay his eyes on Renjun, "Hey, love." It was unusual, for someone like Chenle to call him with such a sweet name. Something a married couple would do. Half of the time, Renjun forgets he and Chenle were in a relationship. A serious one. He was guilty.

Shuddering, Renjun bit his lip. How he ended up in the hospital in the first place? Him. Chenle. He was trying to get away from his lover for a while and Meilin had volunteered herself as his companion. Renjun agreed, as at last, he could get something heavy off his chest. He also wished Chenle himself would realise about Renjun's discomfort with the ual doing they had that night. To this day, did Chenle still haven't comprehend it?

The red haired boy could hear the dragging of the chair brought next to him, and Chenle sitting down. His grip on his blanket couldn't get any tighter. Suddenly, the door shut close. Did his parents have to leave him at this time?

"How are you?" Chenle started. Renjun continued to look above. From all the staring, he felt like he knew what was above the ceiling and beyond.

Renjun felt like suffocating in Chenle's breathes. "I know you're upset, we all are. But please, don't be like this. I've had enough of you looking so...sad. For the whole year since I've known you. I'm sorry-"

"I don't need your pity." Renjun snapped.

Silence layered the two thickly, smothering Renjun in a hopeless fog.

"I get it now. You want me to own up an apology." Chenle whispered. He glided his hands over Renjun's never-ending grip. "That day, on New Year's, the activity we had together. You were upset by it, weren't you?"

Renjun's chest irked as he stole glances at his guilty boyfriend.

"Tell me, tell me you were. Or are you still?" He continued to chew his bottom lip. Two slicked fingers puckered his chin, "Renjun, look at me."

At last, Renjun finally looked at him. His weary eyes glimmered like the sunlight, Chenle felt like melting. Feeling the elder's breathing against his lips, he loved it. Renjun craved for it.

"I'm sorry. I should've owned up to you. You can call me a , I really am. If only I realised earlier how...unsafe you felt, you wouldn't have need to meet Meilin up that ginormous tree. And you wouldn't be like this." Chenle blew a bit of air on Renjun's rasped lips, mopping his miniature tears with his thumbs. "Oh baby, look at you. I knew you should've followed me to mom. We had a great talk you know."

Renjun blushed at the nickname. Sure, not the best, but it's still as cheesy as ever. A small smile tugged on his lips as he clasped his hands on Chenle's elbows, pulling the younger closer. He then stuffed his face on his shoulder, whimpering lowly.

"Oh gosh, did I make you cry?" Chenle mumbled, the back of Renjun's neck. "Don't cry...hyungie, don't cry..."

Blubbering, Renjun started to sob. Hiccups filled the sorrow atmosphere, as Chenle's shoulder dampen with the time ticking by. The younger compressed his hold around Renjun, whispering the loveliest words he could think of. He played with the tip of his fiery hair, smoothing his soggy cheeks, and leaving small trails of his delicate kisses lightly on the side of his face.

"I'm scared Lele...I-I'm so scared..." He quietly wept, his voice fumbled by Chenle's shirt. The other cooed, perking Renjun's head up and lightly pressed his lips to his own. Chenle didn't let go right away, and absorbed himself deeper into the slender kiss, deepening it with sparks of desire. It wasn't supposed to be too intense or extreme, at least heartfelt enough for Renjun to calm down. For the lad, it sure was serene and soothing, and was full filling enough for the two to let go.

Chenle brushed his fingers through his boyfriend's pleasant strands, "Why are you so scared?" He uttered.

"I can't do anything like I used to. I can't walk, hang out with friends and visit the orphanage...what am I supposed to do in life?" Somber Renjun, frowning once again.

Chenle giggled, "What do you mean? Of course you can hang out, I'll be there to push you! Even to the orphanage, or maybe the grocery store. You can't just give up like that Jun, you know you can do more. You can paint all day and-"

"Wouldn't you be tired?" Renjun cut off, slumping his back on the bed. "You don't need to watch over me like a baby. I give up-"

"I can carry you. I don't mind." Chenle assured. The older gave him a weird look and clicked his tongue, slapping his arm.

"Don't be stupid, I'm heavy you know."

And again, the younger Chinese male burst into even louder laughter, clamping onto his stomach. Renjun raised a brown and spitted at him.

"Heavy, what?" He chuckled, "Even my chicken back in China is fatter than you." Chenle gurgled in his mother language.

Renjun huffed, " off. I can gain more weight you know."

Chenle carelessly rolled his eyes and shook hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter