Chapter Six - Gallery Night

The Remembered & The Forgotten (A BTS Fanfiction)

Third Person POV

"You ready yet?" Hae-In yells, eyes widened to apply her mascara correctly.

Jungkook appears in the bathroom, hair ruffled, shirt ed, tie wrapped around his neck. He looks anything but ready. Hae-In drops her hand from her face, halting the mascara application.

"Jungkook!" She exclaims as she approaches him. She starts to button up his shirt as she says, "Did you just start to get ready?"

Jungkook shrugs and sends her a lopsided smile. "Gallery Night starts in another hour, I've got time."

"No, you don't," Hae-In counters. "I've got to be there early to set up and you've got to help Taehyung set up as well."

"Since when has Taehyung ever actually arrived to anything on time?" Jungkook questions as Hae-In tightens his tie.

Hae-In finishes fixing up her boyfriend and takes a step back admiring her work. Noticing his hair is still a catastrophe, she shoves him to the other side of the sink. "Do your hair and then we can go." She demands before going back to putting on her make-up.

Jungkook chuckles and does as she says. 

"You seem stressed," Jungkook comments, staring at her through the mirror.

"Yeah, I'm always stressed on Gallery Nights, they ! I hate presenting. Presenting to a whole crowd of people makes it even worse," Hae-In whines.

Gallery Night was traditionally a night for arts students since the school started. It was a night where the students would display their midterm work, or perform it. Later on, as the years progressed, the school integrated the academic side into the annual occasion. You can only have one midterm to present at Gallery night to release stress of creating multilple presentations for different courses. Most teachers found it as an easier way to give and receive midterm work, though some found it utterly irritating. The Business Faculty usually doesn't participate often but this year, they decided to change it up and see if it was really as bad as it seemed.

"I find Gallery Nights relaxing. I wish we did them more often," Jungkook confesses.

Hae-In rolls her eyes. Of course he wouldn't understand. Jungkook was a natural-born social butterfly. He was also amazing at presenting in front of people unlike her. Sometimes it infuriated her. She knew she shouldn't, but she'd compare herself to the other Haein and realize how similar the other two were. Haein was always good at presenting too and she was great at interacting with people, though she denied it all the time. It made Hae-In mad and angry and fired up. Just the thought of Haein did that to the girl. Jungkook notices his girlfriend's face twitch slightly and moves to back hug her. He rests his head in the crook of her neck and whispers, "you'll do great love, you always do."

Hae-In relaxes and sinks into his embrace. They stay like that for a while until Hae-In jumps and lightly pushes the boy out of the bathroom. "We're going to be late!"

Jungkook just laughs and follows his crazed girlfriend out the door of her house.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

Lee Haein's POV

Soojin, Minjoon, and I arrive at the venue for Gallery Night an hour before it starts. While Minjoon and my midterms are easy to set up, Soojin's is not. We decided that coming early would be the best option to have it up early. Plus, if you come early, you get to pick the best spots to present. This year, Gallery Night was being held in one of the school's vacant museums off campus. It's mainly used for the visual arts and photography students to display their works at the end of each year but tonight, all artwork was taken down and moved out for our presentations. We pick a nice area near the front that way, we'll present first and get the rest of the night to eat, look at other presentations, eat, did I mention eat?

"Ugh!!! Minjoon, are you even helping?" Soojin shouts as she struggles to lift a skeleton out of a card board box.

"You know, you picked the most mediocre thing as your presentation. A skeleton? For anatomy? Everyone's going to be doing that," I say to the girl.

"If you would help," she huffs, flipping her hair over her shoulder, "then you would see that this is no ordinary skeleton."

I roll my eyes and continue to place my storyboards on decorative podiums I made.

"I'm all done!" Minjoon exclaims.

"That's suuuupppeeer cool! Could you help now?" Soojin whines.

Minjoon hurries over to her and they both struggle to take the skeleton out of the box. I look at Soojin. 

"Why is it so heavy?" I ask. "Is it a real skeleton?"

"Of course. I just went to the skeleton shop and purchased a fresh skeleton, only two days old, person dead for only a week," Soojin replies sarcastically.

"Wait, you did what?" Minjoon questions.

"Oh my gosh, I didn't buy a real skeleton! I made it and that's why it's so heavy."

"Oh," Minjoon and I drag out.

"Yeah," she breathes out as her and Minjoon finally set the body of bones standing. "And, it has the coolest feature,"

Soojin pulls out a remote and presses a button. Right as she presses it, the body lights up and speaks, "Welcome to the human anatomy! Where would you like to vist?"

"Cool!" I say.

Soojin nods excitedly. "Ask it where you wanna go."

"Um, the head?" I say in a questionable manner.

The skeleton's head lights up and the skeleton starts to recite all about the anatomy of your head.

"Wow! You did all this?"

"Yeah," Soojin says. "My dad's an engineer and so is my brother so I happen to dabble a little in this line of work. Plus, I won't have to explain all the facts now during my presentation."

"I have the awesomest girlfriend," Minjoon proclaims, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"You know awesomest isn't a word right?" I ask but they don't listen, too caught up with each other.

I roll my eyes and head over to the catering table 'cause I needed food. I grab a plate and start down the line, taking one of everything. I notice more people arriving and quickly add different foods to my plate, hoping to collect as much as I can before other people start trying to get some as well. Just as I try to snatch another sandwich, a hand stops me. I whip around to see who dared to stop me from getting food and see a goofy, box-shaped grin.

"Hello Taehyung," I say.

"Hey Hae! Get it? 'Cause you're Haein and I said hey hey!" Taehyung tries to joke.

I roll my eyes. "What do you want?"

"Can't a guy say hi to their friend?" Taehyung asks with a pout, placing his hand over his heart.

"You can but you didn't have to stop me from getting that sandwich," I explain.

"You literally have a mountain of food already. And, you already have two sandwiches, do you really need another?"

"Yes, I do. If I don't get them now, they'll be gone by the time I come back. I can't let that happen."

Taehyung chuckles. "What's your assignment?"

"I had to create four in-depth storyboards for my final assignment," I tell him.

"Hm, sounds boring."

"More like stress and death." I huff. "What about you? Did you get a stupid assignment for your midterm as well?"

"Nah, I just had to make some modern pictures look old for my vintage photography class," Taehyung says.

"Sounds easy."

"Pretty easy."

We laugh. I peek at a clock on the wall and see that the time is now seven o'clock. I gasp. The teachers are gonna be here any minute.

"I've gotta go and put some finishing touches on my display!" I exclaim.

"Me too. Be sure to stop by after you're done," Taehyung says.

"Of course, as long as you come to mine as well."

He nods and just before we part ways, he steals an eclair off my plate. He sends me a cheeky grin and dashes off. That sly boy, I think to myself before chuckling. I hurry back to my spot just in time. The teachers appear through the front doors just as I make it to my set-up.

"Woah! Why the buffet?" Soojin whispers as we all bow to the teachers.

"I was thinking of you, so I got just enough for two people," I reply.

"You are the bestest friend a girl could ever have!" She exclaims shooting finger guns at me.

I giggle, shooting finger guns right back at her. We straighten up as our teachers approach us to present our assignments. I throw a thumbs-up in Soojin's direction. She smiles and sends one back before we both start our presentations.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Once I finished my presentation, I start to place my extra presentation notes away so I can get started on traveling around the museum. Even though I'm done, I still leave out my storyboards. The night is still young and people still look at other peoples works even after they have a presentation.

"So, you ended up going with the butterflies."

I spin around and see Jungkook eyeing my storyboards. 

"I did," I mutter as I gaze at his attire. 

He looks gorgeous. I can't help but stare at the boy who looks more like a model than a regular university student. His hair was parted slighlty to the side, exposing just a glimspe of his forehead. Through his suit, you could make out the definitions of his muscular build; from his muscular arms to his toned thighs. I swear, this boy was just a little scrawny baby before. What did he eat to become like this? Not that I'm complaining or anything. 

"I like it," Jungkook says.

"Thank you," I say. "For both the compliment and the idea. I don't know what I would've come up with."

"It was nothing, just helping a friend out."

"Thank you nonetheless," I tell him, trying to hide the hurt in my voice. Friend. It's okay. Being friends is okay. "Are you presenting tonight?"

Jungkook shakes his head. "No, not this Gallery Night. Hae-In is though, as well as Taehyung so I decided to tag along and help."

"Oh, that's very nice of you."

"I guess. They kinda forced me to come to be honest," Jungkook says with a chuckle. "But I also like Gallery Nights. I dunno why, they're just refreshing."

"That's when your not the one presenting," I blurt.

"True," Jungkook agrees. He sighs deeply, staring off into the distance. "Sometimes, I get jealous of the actual art students at this school."

"Why?" I question.

"I just have this feeling like I should be doing that, you know? Like, what I'm doing right now isn't what I really want to do," Jungkook explains.

"Do you.... Do you want to become some successful business man?" I ask carefully.

Jungkook expression darkens for a moment. His forehead creases as if he's thinking a lot about what I just said, as if he's really thinking about whether this is what he wants to be doing. His expression suddenly lightens up and he smiles brightly at me.

"Of course!" Jungkook starts, "sometimes I just get clouded by my hobbies and what I really want. Sorry if I got too serious with you there."

"It's okay," I say.

Jungkook was being super suspicious. Did he remember that his dream was never to be a business man? 

"Hey, I was just about to head over to Tae's display, would you like to come with me?" Jungkook suddenly asks.

"Um, maybe I'll just catch up with you later. I think I'm going to get myself a drink," I answer.

"Seeya later then!" And with that, the boy disappeared into the crowd.

I release a sigh. That was the most comfortable uncomfortable conversation I've ever had. I see Soojin and Minjoon chatting with some other students about Soojin's skeleton. Deciding to leave them be, I head over to the catering table for the third time this night to get myself a drink. I grab a glass of champagne because yes, I am old enough and our school is fancy (extra) like that. Before I can even take a sip though, my vision is obscured by two mysterious hands. What the heck? Am I being kidnaped? I'm too young to die! As I silently create my will, I hear the mystery person laugh. So they think this is funny?

"Guess who?" The mystery person says.

At first, I was ready to yell stranger danger but then I stop and actually think. The person's voice sounds familiar.

"Don't tell me you forgot me already?" The person jokes.

No way! It can't be........

I remove the person's hands from my eyes and spin around. My eyes widen as I see a familiar boy who's only a few inches taller than me. He's dressed in an all black outfit with a leather jacket accented with white trim. His eyes turn into cute little crescents as he grins at me and runs his fingers through his hair. 

"Hi Haein."

 

"Park Jimin?"

 

 

A/N

Hey guys I'm finally back! I now it's been awhile but school was killing me so I didn't have much time to write.

So, what did y'all think? And OMG Park Jimin has arrived! I was so excited to finally introduce this cutie into this story.

I hope you liked it. I'm really enjoying writing this story to be honest so I hope you're enjoying it just as much or even more.

Side note: HAVE Y'ALL LISTENED TO DON'T LEAVE ME THE FULL VERSION? I'm literally deceased, like it was so beauitful I don't even know what to do with my life anymore. 

Hehe, also, this loser, the author, also known as me, is turning sixteen on the twentieth! Wooh! Super exciting! I'm getting so old!!!!!!! :(

ANd before I sign off, I just want to shout out Yoong10 for all the lovely comments! I always look forward to reading them! And they encourage me to write! Hehe, also, I just want to thank all my marvelous readers, you guys are the best! I love you all so much! <3 

Lol, sorry, got a little sappy at the end.

Anyways, I shall see ya next time!

(Edited Kinda)

-TallProud