Chapter Sixteen - Guilt (Christmas Break Pt. 2)

The Remembered & The Forgotten (A BTS Fanfiction)

Lee Haein's POV

"So, you're telling me that you just self-invited both of us to his house?"

"Well, I might've. But, he said it was cool, so technically, he invited us."

Jimin rolls his eyes and turns back to facing the road in front of us. "Why did you want me to come anyway, Taehyung's your friend."

"Yeah, but I didn't want to leave you alone and Taehyung's a really nice guy!" I say.

"I don't like him."

"You haven't even met him."

"I have," Jimin tells me. "I mean, I've seen him around the campus with Jungkook and Hae-In which means he's no good."

"Ugh! Jimin! How many times do I have to tell you; even though Taehyung is Jungkook's new 'best friend', that doesn't automatically make him bad!" I tell the boy.

"I just don't want to be hanging out with my replacement."

"Jimin!"

"What? It's true and I know you know it too. Especially with Hae-In," Jimin explains.

I huff and cross my arms. "Look, we are not going to talk about this over the break. We are leaving that all behind, at least for these few days. So, we are going to enjoy this and you are going to be the kind Jimin I know you are."

"Whatever," Jimin says, rolling his eyes once again.

Okay, so maybe it wasn't the best idea to invite Jimin, but I didn't want to leave him alone in Seoul by himself. It seemed as though he's had too many lonely times there already. Plus, I was positive Jimin was going to be cool about it. I guess not. I sigh and stare out the window, watching the scenery fly by. Replacements. Did the word cross my mind before? Maybe, but I couldn't hate them. Hae-In and Taehyung knew nothing of what happened to Jungkook before or what his life was like. They came in after and I'm sure Jungkook and his family weren't going to spill unnecessary details about his past. I rid my mind of those thoughts and try to focus on anything but Jungkook or Hae-In. This was time to forget, even if it's just for a moment.

~~~~~~~

Third Person POV

The pair arrive at their destination just when the sun starts to set. Both Jimin and Haein gasp as the pulled up to Taehyung's house. It was huge! Well, larger than the two had expected. It certainly looked like Taehyung came from a well-off family. They grab their suitcases and make their way to the front entrance. Haein rings the door bell and immediately the door opens and Taehyung appears.

"Hey Tae!" Haein exclaims.

"Hey! I'm so glad you could make it!" Taehyung replies.

"Sure," Jimin mutters under his breath.

Taehyung frowns and Haein laughs awkwardly. "Jimin's just feeling a little off right now, don't mind him," Haein tells Taehyung, kicking Jimin's leg lightly. "We're just glad you let us come by."

"It was nothing. My mom loves having new people over. She says she gets tired of seeing her kids all the time and enjoys pretending other kids are her own. So, be wary of that. You might leave this house with red cheeks."

Haein giggles and Taehyung moves out of the way so Jimin and Haein can come in. The house was just as beautiful on the inside as it was on the outside. It had a warm feel to it though the place was very spacious. Just as Taehyung locks the door, a girl comes running down the stairs.

"OMG! You're guests are here? OMG! You brought two guests? I thought you only had Hae-In as your friend."

"Taehee!"

"What? I'm Taehee by the way," the girl introduces.

"My younger sister," Taehyung adds.

"Only by eleven months!"

Haein laughs and introduces herself. "I'm Haein."

"Wait, you don't look like Hae-In though? What happened to you?"

"No stupid. Her name is Haein but she's not the other Hae-In," Taehyung explains.

"Oh, makes sense! Nice to meet you Haein!" Taehee chirps.

Haein smiles brightly and greets her back. She turns to Jimin and eyes him sharply. He sighs and introduces himself as well.

"No. Way. Are you the Jimin? The superstar idol Jimin who is amazing at dancing and singing and who is under HitBig entertainment?"

"Yup, that's me," Jimin mutters, scratching the back of his neck.

"OMG! I am such a big fan! And I didn't know you were friends with my loser brother! Honestly Taehyung, this might be the best thing you've ever done in your life! This break is going to be awesome!" Taehee exclaims.

"Yah!" Taehyung shouts. "I didn't invite him just so you can bring out your inner fangirl."

"Yeah, but you brought him so.."

Before Taehyung can counter what his sister just said, another person joins the conversation. 

"What's with all the ruckus?"

They all turn towards the archway on the left to see a boy leaning against the wall.

"And that's my brother," Taehyung mutters.

"That is correct. I'm Baekhyun," the boy says.

"Nice to meet you! I'm Haein and this is Jimin. We're Taehyung's guests."

"And before you say what I know you are going to say, this Haein is not the same as the other one and that Jimin is in-fact, the idol, Park Jimin," Taehee explains to her brother.

"Wow, thanks Taehee for that unnecessary comment," Taehyung says, rolling his eyes.

"It was not unnecessary! I had to explain all the info so oppa wouldn't be confused."

"Thank you so much Taehee, that was much needed," Baekhyun voices with a smirk.

"You guys always gang up and me and I'm not even the youngest! Taehee is!" Taehyung complains.

"It's 'cause it's fun Tae."

Taehyung's siblings burst into laughter and wave good-bye to Jimin and Haein as the make their way to somewhere else in the house.

"Sorry about them. They can be annoying most of the time. Anyway, let's go get you two settled."

Taehyung leads the way up the stairs toward where they'll be staying. "So, since you're visit was sort of unexpected, which isn't a bad thing, we weren't able to clear up two rooms for you both so you'll have to share, if that's okay with you." Taehyung explains as they walk down the hall.

"Yeah, of course it's cool," they both say calmly but in reality, they were both freaking out. Share a room together? They'd only gone on one date and Haein was still unsure of her feelings for Jimin. Now she was sharing a room with him? This was just a little much for her. But, she couldn't complain. She did just invite herself into Taehyung's home and complaining just seemed so rude. They arrive at the room and Taehyung leaves them to get settled.

"My room is just across from yours so knock if you need anything. There's a bathroom in there already so you don't have to use the one out here. Though, no one really uses it since we all have our own bathrooms anyway but yeah. If you don't like sharing, the common bathroom is just down the hall at the very end. My mom's making dinner so you can came down anytime you'd like."

Haein thanks Taehyung before she enters the room with Jimin.

"So..." Jimin trails off. 

They stand there awkwardly until Haein finally speaks up. "Let's get settled and then we'll worry about our sleeping arrangements."

Agreeing, the two start to unpack their things. The whole time, Jimin and Haein were extremely quiet. Just thinking about the situation brought butterflies and red cheeks.

"Okay," Haein starts. "Let's just get right to it. You and I both know that neither of us want to sleep on the floor but we also know it'll be awkward for both of us to sleep on the bed together."

"It won't be awkward for me," Jimin mutters, though it goes unnoticed by Haein.

"So, what do we do?"

"We can divide the sheets."

"What?" Haein asks.

"You can sleep on top on one blanket and I'll sleep under it. That way there's nothing... uncomfortable happening," Jimin explains.

"Sounds good to me. Now, you wanna go get some food? I'm starving!" Haein shouts, dramatically rubbing her tummy.

Jimin laughs. "Lead the way."

~~~~~~

Jimin and Haein make their way into the dinning room just in time for dinner. Taehyung and Taehee were setting the table as Baekhyun helped bring out all the food. Once that was done, the whole Kim family and their two guests take their seats at the table. Mr. Kim blesses the food and then they chow down.

"So Haein is it? And Jimin? It's so nice to have you over!" Mrs. Kim speaks up.

"Oh, well thank you for having us such short notice," Haein says.

"Of course! You know, it gets kind of tiring seeing these kids sometimes," Mrs. Kim replies, faking a whisper.

"Mom!" The three siblings shout in unison.

The rest of the night is filled with laughter even after they finish eating. Haein felt so welcomed and it was a nice change from the feelings she felt at school and even at home. Not that her family wasn't welcoming—they were the best—but she hadn't felt this type of welcome in a while. Once the time hits eleven, Mrs. Kim ushers the "children" to bed, saying she's getting to old to stay up this late.

Haein and Jimin enter their room in silence.

"I'm going to take a shower," Jimin mutters and then disappears behind one of the doors in the room. 

Haein sighs. She grabs her pajamas and heads to the common bathroom to change. She enters the room and hears the water still running with Jimin nowhere to be seen. Haein slips under one of the sheets on the bed. She pulls out her phone to scroll through it and possibly shut out the nervousness that was plaguing her. After a while, the running of water stops. The bathroom door opens and closes and the lights are turned off. Haein takes a deep sigh as she feels the other side of the bed dip. The two are silent once again, the only light coming from the screens of their phones. Haein shuts hers off first, deciding that they have much to do tomorrow. Jimin does the same and stares out into the space of the room. Thoughts circulate in his mind. He wanted to hold Haein in his arms, he wanted to kiss her head and sing a soft lullaby to her but he couldn't. And he didn't know why. Haein had gone on a date with him and showed him all the signs of liking him so why was she still pushing him away? Angered by the thought, Jimin huffs before shutting his eyes and falling into a deep sleep. Haein's thoughts were similar to Jimin's. By now she knew she liked Jimin, so why wasn't she able to move forward from this awkward more-then-friends-but-less-than-lovers phase? Her feelings for Jimin would grow and grow until something stopped them and everything moved back to base one. Haein just couldn't wrap her head around it. Haein sighs once again and shuts her eyes. Hopefully, sleep will help clear my mind.

~~~~~~~~~

A few days later, Christmas Eve arrived and the trio decided to go out and do some last-minute shopping. Sadly for Jimin, Haein had also planned to use this time to get the two boys to warm up to each other. Her plan was simple. Disappear for awhile and let the boys do their thing. Let's hope they (Jimin) don't rip each other's heads off, Haein thinks to herself as she wonders around the mall.

The two boys were seated in the food court, waiting for Haein to come back. She told them she'd forgotten to get something and would be back in a jiff. But, as time went by, they both realized she wasn't coming back anytime soon. Taehyung was nervous to be around Jimin alone. In all honesty, he didn't know why he even agreed to let Jimin come. Something just urged him to let the boy tag along. Having both Jimin and Haein here was killing him. Every part of his body was sweating and he couldn't sit still. After only being with them for three days, he'd already seen how nice Jimin was and he'd known Haein long enough to know that there wasn't an ounce of evil in her.

Guilt.

Taehyung felt so, immensely guilty for everything. He knew the truth, he knew it all but he couldn't tell anyone because he was stupidly loyal to someone who wasn't even loyal to him. Taehyung let out a sigh and continued to twiddle his fingers under the table.

Jimin, on the other hand, felt bad. He'd been so mean to Taehyung when he truly hadn't gotten to know him. It wasn't like he was ready to name Tae his new buddy, but from what he had seen, Taehyung was no malicious foe. Since Haein appeared to be taking more time than she had told the boys, Jimin decided to speak up.

"So, Taehyung.."

"Yes?" The other boy answers softly, raising his head just the slightest.

"I just wanted to say that... I'm thankful that you let me come over to your house even though you hardly know me. I'm also sorry for acting so hostile while being here. You've been so kind to both Haein and I, I shouldn't have treated you like that. Plus, you're actually pretty funny."

Taehyung chuckles. "You don't have to apologize." I understand.

"No, I do. I hope that you'll accept it and we can start anew?" Jimin says.

"Of course," Taehyung tells the boy with a smile. He sticks out his hand and says, "Nice to meet you, I'm Kim Taehyung and you are?"

"I'm Park Jimin. Nice to meet you too."

~~~~~~~~

When Haein makes it back, she's glad to see the boys joking and laughing. She knew they just needed sometime to work things out. The extra time she took to walk around and allow Tae and Jimin to work things out also helped Haein think some things over as well.

 

As Haein slips into the bed, Jimin notices that his sheet cover lifts up as well. He turns to look at her and she smiles.

"What are you doing?" Jimin asks.

"I'm sleeping next to you," She answers back.

"But why? I thought it'd be too awkward for us to do that?"

"Well, I don't think it's awkward at all. Unless you do-"

Jimin cut her off by pulling her into a hug. "Never," he mumbles into her hair.

Haein smiles brightly and sinks into Jimin's warmth.

~~~~~

There were only a few days left before they had to return to school so Mrs. Kim decided that they do one more exciting thing together.

"Yes! I love ice skating! You know, I was almost an Olympic figure skater," Taehee tells me.

"Yeah, for the Barbie Olympics maybe," Baekhyun adds.

"Hey! I was good!"

"Okay, whatever floats your boat."

Haein giggles over their banter. She had become quite close with both of them and considered them close friends now. 

"Do you know haw to skate Jimin?" Taehyung asks.

"Duh, I'm a skating star," Jimin replies, flipping his non-existent long hair.

"Really?" Taehee gushes.

I snort. "Oh yeah, if a skating star falls on their face every time they step on the ice."

"Hey!"

The whole car erupts into fits of laughter and Mrs. Kim sighs happily. For the first time in a long time, Taehyung looked genuinely happy and that made Mrs. Kim ecstatic. They pulled up at the skating rink and Mr. and Mrs. Kim rallied their troop together.

"Alright. We are only staying for a bit so make the most of it. As we all know, two of the people here do need to start packing." Mr. Kim gave both Jimin and Haein a smile. "And we will be helping so we can't spend too much time here."

"What your father is try to say is, just have lots of fun!! I'll text you all once it's time to regroup. Now, BREAK!"

Shouting goodbyes and see-ya-later's, the group of kids or young adults rushed off to get their skates. 

"Just so you know," Taehee says, tying the laces on her skates. "I think you and Jimin are really cute together."

Haein nearly chokes on her spit as I turn to look at her wide eyed. "We're not dating."

"Sure," Taehee says with a grin before skating away. Haein shakes her head with a smile. As she stands and steps out onto the rink, a hand grabs her's.

"Care to skate with me?"

"Of course Jimin."

Taehyung sat back for a second and watched the others skate. Once again, a horrible feeling filled in the pit of his stomach. He watched as Jimin and Haein skated lively together and with his siblings. They were so happy and content but all Taehyung could think of was what they might be like if they had that one person who completed their lives. Taehyung felt terrible and finally decided that he was going to do something about. He was going to rid himself of his guilt once and for all.

"You coming Tae?" Haein asks as she skates up to him.

"Yeah, just let me tie my skates."

Haein smiles and latches her arm around Taehyung's as they skate out to where the rest were. "You know, this break was super fun and I'm so glad you let us come! You're great friend Taehyung!"

Taehyung just smiles and shrugs. They all skate together and laugh and Taehyung knows that his decision is final.

 

Even if he might lose one of his greatest friends.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N

I hope you all are liking this! sOO MUCH drama is about to come out during their second semester! I can't wait for you guys to read it.

Also, aren't Jimin and Haein the cutest? And Tae's fam is so nice. Also, Baekhyun is who you're think he is ;)

I just wanted to let you all know that there will be no content in this story. Absolutely none! The most that will happen is a kiss and that's it, thank you very much.

Side note: I will be posting a few new stories sparatically and I would greatly appreciate it if you could check them out. I will also be co-updating this story on wattpad so if you see it there don't report it. It's me uploading it, not someone else. And don't worry, I got permission! Hehehe, I know, a queen of the jokes.

See  ya later alligators!

~TallProud

(Edited Kinda)