Chapter Eleven - Double Dates?

The Remembered & The Forgotten (A BTS Fanfiction)

Once upon a time, there were two best friends.

One day, they met a girl who was as sweet as could be,

And, unknown to the two, they each fell in love.

But you see, there was only one girl.

So in the end, only one boy ended up with her, while the other remained a second-lead character, once again.

~~~~~~~

Third Person's POV

When Jungkook and Haein started dating, Jimin changed drastically. He was cold to the girl and purposely excluded her from group outings. He would make up plans with Jungkook when he knew that Jungkook and Haein had a date that day. He tried his best to keep them apart, though it wasn't very successful. Jimin could hardly explain his reasoning for it all. At first, he was sure that he was mad that some random girl had joined their group and was spending all her time with his best friend. But then, it changed. There was something about his jealousy that wasn't just about being possessive of his relationship with Jungkook. Ignoring it though, Jimin continued to shun the poor girl and she just let it happen. Nobody else had noticed and she figured it wasn't that big of a deal. Sure it hurt her whenever she'd find out they'd gone somewhere without her, but she could handle it. If Jimin didn't like her then he didn't like her. There was no need to stir up problems.

This all changed on one rainy afternoon.

There stood Jimin, under the shade at the front of the school, staring down the rain with deadly eyes. Of course, today of all days was going to be the day it rained and the boy didn't have an umbrella. Jungkook had left early to attend to some business meeting with his father (against his will might I add) and Yoongi and Soojin had an outing planned that would be ruined if they brought Jimin along. So, that left Jimin alone, counting his odds of not getting a cold from walking home in the rain. Just then, an umbrella found its way above the boy's head. Jimin turned to his side to see Haein, nervously holding out an extra umbrella.

Haein always had a spare umbrella in her locker. It was custom for her to be prepared for sporadic rainfalls as she hardly ever brought an umbrella even if it looked like it was going to rain. Today, she had remembered to bring an umbrella and when she saw Jimin alone without one she thought it wouldn't hurt to give her spare one to the boy. She was nervous though. Jimin didn't like her. What if he threw it away? Or yelled at her for being annoying? Haein just sighed deeply, ridding those thoughts from her mind as she continued to hold out the umbrella.

"Here," she said. "I-I had a spare."

Jimin just stared at her. Haein felt awkward as the boy didn't move to take the umbrella out of her hand. She gently placed it beside him and smiled.

"I'll see you tomorrow Jimin."

Jimin watched her go, watched her disappear off into the rain. He watched as she carefully steered herself away from puddles, how she walked so gracefully. He picked up the umbrella, eyeing it and then starting on his way home. As he walked, the reason for hating Haein bubbled up into his mind again. I don't really hate her, Jimin had thought to himself. In fact, it was the very opposite.

Jimin liked Haein.

~~~~~~~~~~

Lee Haein's POV

 

Finally, eight o'clock pulls up around the corner and I can't help but feel extremely nervous. Soojin helped me pick out an outfit that was suitable for the cold weather but didn't make me look like a packed snowman. We had chosen a simple gray sweater dress that flared out at the waist, mahogany coloured, knee-high boots, and a sweater trench coat to top it off. 

"Okay, do you have everything?" Soojin asks.

"Yes, mom," I say with a laugh. I hold up my purse. "I've got it all in here, don't worry."

There's a knock on the door and Soojin squeals slightly. I roll my eyes and laugh. "I'm leaving!"

"Have fun loser!"

I smile brightly and open the door to reveal Jimin, standing there looking like a Gucci model. He wore simple clothes as well but Jimin made the whole ensemble look classier than it truly was.

"Hey," I say.

"Hey. Are you ready to go?"

"Of course. Are you ready to go?"

Jimin laughs. "I dunno, am I ready?"

"Oh for goodness sakes! Just go already!"

We both turn to see Soojin staring at us with eyes filled with annoyance. I swear, she was physically and mentally rolling her eyes at us. Jimin and I giggle.

"See ya later Soojin!"

And then we were off.

~~~~~~

Jimin's car was beautiful! I honestly love it more than I love myself, no joke. Okay, maybe a joke, but seriously. He had an expensive, white, Jaguar sports car that looked like it belonged in a The Fast and the Furious movie. When we arrive at the restaurant, I'm reluctant to get out of the car. It was just sooo nice! While slowly deciding to get out, my door suddenly opens. I look out and see Jimin smiling brightly.

"Wow, such a gentleman aren't we?" I remark with an eyebrow raised.

"Only for you, my lady," Jimin replies with a wink.

I roll my eyes and laugh as I get out of the car with assistance from the other. We walk in and Jimin tells the waitress that we'd like a table for two.

"Right this way."

As we follow her, I take some time to gaze around the restaurant. It wasn't very expensive looking. It had a casual, family and friends outing feel that made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. It was certainly a nice place. Let's just hope the food is as good. We order our drinks and the waitress arrives with them shortly.

"What would you like to order?" she asks.

"Um, I'll have a Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken," I tell her.

"I'll have what she's having," Jimin quickly says after.

"Alright then. I'll be back soon with your orders," and with that she was gone.

Jimin and I were left alone for the first time since we got here.

"So, how are you?" Jimin asks, taking a sip of his wine.

"Honestly, I really can't wait for exams to be over with," I answer. "How are you?"

"Same as you. I dunno why I decided to come back to school," Jimin says with a joking sigh.

I smile. "How's teaching? I'm sure it's not just butterflies and rainbows."

"It's not too bad really. Since everyone is at university level, no one really is slacking off. Most of the students are very determined. The only thing would be evaluating assignments and dance routines. That is stressful. And on top of my other studies I'm doing; it's a lot," Jimin explains.

"True. I'm sure your doing great though, you always were quite hard working during our high school days," I comment.

"Sure, was hard working."

"You were, just not specifically for your classes."

We burst into a fit of giggles just as the waitress arrives with our food. We thank her and continue to talk about anything and everything. As the night goes on, our conversation shifts from school to more personal things.

"Are you going home for Christmas this year?" Jimin inquires.

"Probably. I mean, I usually go. Having Christmas without my parents is a weird thought you know?" I tell him.

"Yeah, I do know. Though, I've already experienced a few Christmas's without them."

"Really?"

"Yeah. My life can be pretty hectic and sometimes, leaving for the winter break isn't possible in my schedule," Jimin explains.

"Aww, that must ," I mutter.

"It's not that bad. We video call every year I can't make it and they still send gifts," Jimin says with a laugh.

"Must be nice! My parents have stopped their gift giving! They say since they're getting old, they should be the only people receiving gifts. Like, can you believe them?" I exclaim.

"Are you positive they've stopped giving you gifts?"

"Well, I mean, I get like, two but that's not the point."

"Of course, how could that possibly be the point in all of this."

"Rude. You won't even here me out," I complain with an eye roll.

"I'm pretty sure I know who's being greedy here," Jimin states.

"O-kay, what every you wanna think," I sing, causing Jimin to laugh.

"You should come home this Christmas. You could join Soojin and I and I'm sure my parents would love to see you again."

Jimin nods. "Sounds like a plan."

"Really?"

"I mean, I'll try but don't get your hopes up."

I place my hand across my heart. "Promise, no hopes will be getting up anywhere."

This causes Jimin to smile, his eyes disappearing slightly. I think I died just a little.

We finish off our desserts soon after and started getting ready to go. 

"So, who shall pay for this delicious outing we had?" I ask.

"I will of course," Jimin states.

"Okay, cool beans."

Jimin stares at me with wide eyes.

"What?" I question.

"Nothing. It's just... Aren't you going to fight me on who's going to pay?"

I snort. "No where'd you get that idea from? You offered to pay and so you can pay. Plus, free food on my part sounds great, don't you think?"

"Interesting. Most girls I go out with always offer to pay instead of me," Jimin says.

"Well, they must have lots of money to spend, unlike ya girl over here," I tell him. "If you're really hurt about this situation then next time, I'll pay."

"Are you implying that you wanna go out again?"

I swear, my cheeks turned into two tomatoes. "Jimin, Jimin, Jimin. Now why would I ever do that?"

Jimin just laughs. He pays and then we exit the building.

Everything about the night was perfect. As we drove home, we continued to talk and joke, and it all just made me feel so calm. When we arrived at my apartment complex, we shared a hug, one different from before. Those unknown feelings I felt exploded in my chest and I couldn't help but blush as we pulled apart.

"I had a great night," I tell Jimin sincerely.

"So did I. We should definitely do this again," Jimin says.

"For sure. Anyways, I gotta go and get back to studying."

"Of course. See ya later Haein."

"See ya."

I watch him disappear off into the night before retreating back into my apartment. Soojin demands details and I tell her everything. We then bid each other goodnight and go to our separate rooms. As I change into my pajamas, I think to myself that nothing could ruin this happiness I feel. Maybe I can move on. 

 

 

Or maybe not.

 

~~~~~~

Third Person's POV

Hae-In finally coaxed Jungkook into going on their annual pre-exam date. Jungkook had little say and with the pressure of his parents and school, maybe going on a date would help him cool down. 

It didn't.

The whole time the two were at the restaurant, Jungkook could hardly focus, picking at his food, glancing at the clock. Hae-In notices of course but doesn't say anything. She's just glad he agreed so she decides not to bring it up. Just as Jungkook is about to excuse himself, he hears the doors chime and averts his gaze there. As he does, he realize what a bad idea that was. There at the door, are Jimin and Haein. He watches as they smile and laugh with each other, heading toward their seats. The feeling from Gallery Night erupts inside of him again, and Jungkook groans.

"Are you okay sweetie?" Hae-In asks, concern filling her voice.

"I'm fine," Jungkook mutters. Really, he wasn't. Especially with those two arriving at the scene. Though Jimin and Haein didn't notice Jungkook and Hae-In, the latter o the four notices them. Jungkook's eyes stay peeled on the girl, watching and analyzing her every move. He sees her blush at something the other boy says and clenches his fists. Anger. Red hot anger is all Jungkook feels. It radiates off him and confuses him but he can't stop it. Jealousy consumes him and it takes all his might to not run over there and drag Haein away from Jimin. What am I even think? I'm here with Hae-In, MY GIRLFRIEND. Why am I feeling this way? Hae-In is all too aware of the situation. All she wanted was to have a good time with her boyfriend and now this happens? I'm right here! she shouts in her mind. Why is he acting like this? It's fine. I'm with Jungkook. I love him and he loves me. We're going to be together forever and nothing will stop that from happening. Not her and not the weird way Jungkook's been acting. Nothing.

"Let's go Jungkook. I'm sorry I forced you to come out when I know that you're busy," Hae-In says.

"No, it's okay. We can stay," Jungkook tells her. He didn't want to ruin the night. He knew that he'd been neglecting Hae-In unconsciously and hated how it made him feel. He wanted to make it up to her.

"Jungkook, it's fine. We can continue our night some other time," Hae-In assures.

"If you say so."

And so, the two left, not without sparing a glance at the duo giggling away. The other two didn't even glance at the door as it chimed loudly, signaling the exit of Jungkook and Hae-In. During the car ride home, it was silent. Jungkook dropped Hae-In off first before heading to his dorm. The whole way, his mind was filled with so many thoughts. Everything that was happening recently had Jungkook profoundly confused. When Jungkook finally arrives at his dorm, he sits in his car for awhile. What is going on with me? Just then, Jungkook feels a sharp pain in his head. He clutched his head tightly and groaned in pain. It was worse than a migraine, the pain seeming to get worse by the second. His vision blurred slightly before a scene played in his brain.

~

Jungkook could see chairs and desk, all set strategically. There was a blackboard in the front of the room and a much larger desk compared to he others there too. He was in a classroom. Jungkook turned to see Jimin, anger clearly written across his face.

"Why are you acting this way Jimin?" Jungkook asked in frustration.

"Why am act this way? You're always so oblivious!" Jimin exclaimed.

"Oblivious to what?"

"To everything! You never once notice that I'm always second to you. I'm second to you in everything. In school, in sports, in art, in dance and singing, in love," Jimin said, whispering the last part.

"Jimin, I don't understand. What do you mean?" Jungkook asked again.

Jimin shook his head and laughed bitterly. "Whatever Jungkook. It doesn't matter. I'll see you later."

Jungkook watched as Jimin left. He was so confused. Since when did Jimin feel that way and why would he? Jungkook dropped into a chair. "How did I get myself into this mess?" Jungkook wondered to himself.

~

Jungkook's eyes snapped open. His head still hurt but much less. What was that? The scene was so familiar that it made him wonder if it was a lost memory. But, that couldn't be possible. He'd remembered all his memories. They said I remembered all my memories. They told me.... He didn't want to believe what he was thinking. Instead he repeated those words to himself. I remembered all my memories. 

I remembered all my memori

I remembered all m

I remembered al

I rem

I

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N

OMG! JUNGKOOK REMEMBERED SOMETHING!!! I know y'all been waiting for Jungkook to remember something so I put it in.

And Jimin liked Haein before? Who would've thought? xD

Y'all, this is getting too real. Jungkook is questioning what he knows and keeps feeling jelly, Jimin and Haein went on a date and Haein thinks she's moving on, and Hae-In is still a witch, OR IS SHE REALLY JUST MISUNDERSTOOD? We'll never know xD

Hehehe, I hope you guys liked this update cuz I love it and it was super fun to write!

SPOILER: The next one is about to bring in spill some tea bout our home girl Soojin.

So, I hope y'all enjoyed!

Also, should I also post this story on wattpad? Do any of you have wattpad even? I dunno, I kinda want to just incase it might be easier to access there. Obviously, I wouldn't stop updating here and it would always be updated first here anyway but yeah, I was just wondering. I probably will to be honest. 

Anyways, see ya next time!

-TallProud

(Edited, not really, like, not at all)