Chapter Eight - Reuniting With a Stranger

The Remembered & The Forgotten (A BTS Fanfiction)

Third Person POV

Now, the museum was filled with various types of emotions.

Majority of the population in the building who had seen Jimin were confused and excited. What was the superstar doing at their school? Better yet, what was he doing at their Gallery Night?

Haein herself was happy beyond belief. It'd been too long since she'd seen her dearest friend. She didn't even realize that she'd missed him so much until she finally saw him in this moment.

Across the room stood Hae-In and Jungkook. Hae-In was mad. Why was everyone reappearing now? Where were they back then? What right did they have to be back? And, she was worried. What if something happened? Jungkook, on the other hand, was to confused by his emotions. As he watched Jimin and Haein converse, he had a sense of nostalgia and happiness overflow him. Some part of him was desperately urging him to go and talk to the boy but it was weird. Not that Jungkook didn't like Jimin or anything, don't get him wrong. The man was cool in his opinion and Jungkook admired his dancing skills. He also had heard Jimin's songs here and there on the radio but he wasn't what you'd call a fan. So, why did he have a desperate longing to rush over to the boy and engulf him in a bear hug. Along with these feelings, Jungkook felt a wave of jealousy wash over him as he noticed Jimin and Haein embracing. All of these feelings didn't make sense. Haein was hardly his friend and he had a girlfriend. Why was he reacting this way? Unknown to the other two, Jungkook continued to observe them.

"What are you doing here?" Haein asks, releasing Jimin from a long-awaited hug.

"What? I can't stop by to see my friend?"

"It's not that," Haein starts, "it's just that you must be busy. And how did you even know about this gallery night?"

Jimin chuckles and ruffles Haein's hair. "Hae-Hae baby, you go to a Cloud University. Of course events like this will be known to more than just the student body."

"I guess you're right. But still! What are you doing here?"

Jimin threads his fingers through his hair, pushing back his bangs—a habit of his that he never really grew out of— and sighs deeply. "I suppose I can spoil the secret to you. But only you, don't go telling your little friends."

"Don't worry, I only have one friend. This secret is safe with me," Haein assures the boy, drawing her fingers across her lips, locking them.

"Okay. I'm actually going to be helping out with some of the dance classes here. My company thought it'd be good for some extra publicity. Plus, I can study here while doing so which is a nice bonus," Jimin explains.

"That's super cool!" Haein exclaims. "I guess I'll be seeing you around more often then?"

"Certainly."

Jimin's eyes scan the room. He unconsciously locks eyes with Jungkook and his breath hitches. His glaze flickers to Haein and back to Jungkook. Haein, confused by Jimin's sudden silence starts to look around, trying to find what he as staring at.

"What are you doing? Are you looking for someone?"

Jimin grabs hold of Haein's shoulders and gently turns her to face back to him, fearing that she might notice the boy they once knew. "Sorry, I was just looking around for our other friend. I assume Soojin is here too?"

"Obviously," Haein tells Jimin in a 'duh' tone. "I thought you knew we ended up going to the same university?"

Jimin chuckles nervously. "I might've forgot."

"That's okay. I know your busy life as an idol gives you no time to think about your old friends of the past."

Jimin rolls his eyes at Haein. He squishes her cheeks together while saying, "still the same old, dramatic girl you used to be I see."

Haein pulls her face away and glares at the man. Doesn't he know she spent more than an hour on her make-up for tonight? I mean, her setting spray is a blessing but you never know how well it'll work against the attack on her face from Jimin. Haein searches for anything that she can use as a mirror (her compact mirror was stuffed in her bag which was with her set-up). Jimin notices this and smiles lovingly at her.

"Haein, you still look amazing. Your make-up is as flawless as ever and you look beautiful, as usual."

"Oh, thanks," Haein mutters blushing slightly.

Jungkook, who was watching the whole exchange, couldn't take it anymore. He had to do something before this unknown jealousy and happiness tore him apart. Releasing Hae-In's grasp on him, Jungkook starts his way towards the two. Hae-In freaks and unsure of what to do, simply follows Jungkook hopelessly. It seemed like forever but the two finally made it to where Haein and Jimin were. Upon hearing their arrival, both Haein and Jimin spin around to face them. They both were extremely uncomfortable, especially because Jimin thought this was Haein's first time seeing the boy since the accident when really it was not. Jungkook was panicking. He hadn't really thought the whole thing through and now that he was here in front of them. He didn't know what to do.

"Hi Jungkook," Haein says slowly.

Jimin stares at her wide-eyed. She's spoken to him? he wonders to himself. Does he..... Does he remember?

Jungkook smiles. "Hey."

Silence follows as they all try to figure what to do and say. Haein finally decides to introduce Jungkook and Haein before Jimin says something that'll confuse the younger.

"Uh, Jimin this is my," she pauses for a second, unsure of how to address the boy. Was he a friend, a person she knew? Deciding on friend, she continues. "My friend Jungkook and his girlfriend Hae-In."

"Hi, I'm Park Jimin," he says flawlessly, ending it with his famous eye smile. Jimin, though he appeared okay, was extremely confused with the situation. Haein just introduced Jungkook like they knew each other but didn't and Jungkook had a girlfriend named Hae-In who wasn't Haein. What was going on?

"Nice to meet you," Jungkook says with an equally flawless grin.

"I didn't know you knew the Park Jimin Haein," Hae-In comments with a subtly sneer in her voice.

Haein internally rolls her eyes. Instead of answering her, she turns to Jungkook and asks, "so, why'd you come over?" Of course, that sounded rude and no matter how sweetly Haein tried to put it, it still made her sound like a biotch. It's not like Haein didn't want Jungkook there (well, she might have slightly wished he'd stayed hidden somewhere with his girlfriend), she just really wanted to catch up with Jimin. Jungkook's presence had been bumming her out majorly throughout the past month and seeing Jimin had lightened up her mood.

"I just thought I'd say hi." Jungkook then turns to Jimin. "I'm a big fan."

Lies. Jungkook already said he wasn't a fan. He couldn't even name the first letter of the name of one of Jimin's songs.

"Ahh, a fan! It's always nice meeting male fans as I do have few," Jimin states awkwardly. This was not how he expected to reunite with his best friend again. 

Hae-In, feeling too awkward, musters up a fake laugh to break the silence that formed once again over the group. "It must be nice! It was really nice meeting you! I've never met a celebrity up this close. We'd love to stay and chat but we've gotta help our friend with his presentation. Hopefully we see each other around sometime."

And just like that, Jungkook and Hae-In drift away, entering the crowd and disappearing from their sight. Jungkook didn't even question Hae-In's lie as she dragged him away. Jungkook thought a simple 'hi' would suffice but he was utterly wrong. From their small conversation, his feelings of jealousy heightened and the desire to sit down with Jimin and have a heart-to-heart conversation grew. If anything, he was more confused now than he was before. Instead of dwelling on those feelings, he pushes them to the back of his mind and asks Hae-In if she'd like to leave. The night for him was ruined, staying here would only make him feel worse. Hae-In felt the same and instantly agreed. They collected Taehyung—who joined the duo in leaving after explaining that all the good food was gone—and headed out into the night.

Jimin gives Haein a look and raises an eyebrow. She's got a lot of explaining to do.

"So?"

"So," Haein says with a chuckle.

"You already know what I'm going to ask don't you?"

Haein nods and sighs. "Obviously, you're wondering 'what the heck is Jungkook doing here, how did I know, and why does he have a girlfriend named Hae-In?' So, I will answer each of those questions you're just dying to know the answers to." As Haein says this, Jimin rolls his eyes slightly. He did want to know what all that was about but he wasn't dying to know (okay, maybe a little.) "Firstly, Jungkook transferred to our school at the start of the year. I accidentally bumped into him and he introduced himself and his lovely girlfriend. Also, he still doesn't remember anything and I haven't brought up anything so you'd better not either."

"Why not?" Jimin questions.

"Because," Haein starts sadly, "he seems perfectly fine the way he is right now. There's no need to bring up the past just to ruin what he has now."

Jimin scoffs. "You always put his needs first, even now. Don't you know your feelings matter too?"

Haein pretends to not have heard him and continues on with her explanation. "Anyway, He and I are kind of friends, I guess. It's complicated. At least, on my side it's complicated."

"I wonder why he came over? He couldn't really be a fan, didn't seem like it at all," Jimin reasons.

"I wonder too," Haein mumbles.

Before Jimin can comment on the situation again, Haein puts out her hands in front of him in a stopping motion. "Let's stop thinking about all this. It is important as this is the first time you've seen him and he still has no clue who we are and it's upsetting and annoying but tonight is suppose to be fun! And you haven't even seen Soojin yet, though she probably could careless since she's probably clinging to her boyfriend somewhere."

"Soojin has a boyfriend?" Jimin exclaims, eyes wide.

"Yeah, and they're both so lovey-dovey, but I love them," Haein says with disinterest.

"Wow, I always thought she would've ended up marrying Yo-"

Haein clamps Jimin's mouth shut and looks around as if some crazy stalker was on their tail. Jimin removes Haein's hand forcefully and stares at her like she's a crazed woman.

"What was that for?"

"Don't mention the man-who-shall-not-be-named while Soojin is around. She'll freak," Haein explains.

"Who? Voldemort?"

Haein gives him an are you serious right now? look and sighs exaggeratedly. "No, Jimin. Did she ever date Voldemort? I think not."

"Why can't we say his name though?" Jimin asks.

"I dunno. She gets all fidgety and starts cleaning which is abnormal for her to the max because her room in our apartment is the worst looking place I've ever seen. She hardly lifts a pinkie to clean any part of the house unless I bribe her. She also has a new boyfriend who she is completely happy with so I don't think bringing up her ex wil do anything to help."

"I guess you're right," Jimin says. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go and reunite with another friend of ours!"

Haein laughs and links arms with the boy as they travel around the museum to find the crazy girl they call their friend.

 

 

 

 

A/N

Hey everyone! I'm sorry for taking so long but I've finally finished this chapter!

The boys have reunited but Jungkook still doesn't remember anything? Ugh, when will he ever? And who could Soojin's mysterious ex be? And OMG, is Hae-In not the most annoying person sometimes? Lol, I actually really enjoy writing her character. It's always fun to write mean people though I don't think I do it that well. 

Anyway, I hope y'all liked it! There's lots more drama to come in the next few chapters so hold on to your seatbelts (I think that's the saying, I'm not sure)

Just so y'all know, Korea has top universities called Sky Univeristies so, since this is a fictional university in Korea, the top schools are called Cloud Universities instead. Get it? I know, I'm sooo clever xD

Do any of you like The Rose cuz I was wondering if y'all would like it if I wrote a fanfiction for them since there are NONE! Let me know in the comments. Even if y'all say nothing I probably still will write one so look forward to it in the future!

Also, what do you guys think of the cover? Fabulous right? I know, I made it myself. *dusts shoulder and winks* Lol, kidding! But I did make it myself and I really like it. I think it's cute.

Anyways, seeya next time!<3

-TallProud

(Edited Kinda)