Chapter Twelve - The Past

The Remembered & The Forgotten (A BTS Fanfiction)

~New Character~

Min Yoongi

 

~~~~~~

Third Person POV

Finally, Soojin's horrid chemistry lab had ended and she was free from her duties until next semester. After a sad departure from Minjoon (well, it wasn't really sad as they were going to see each other later), Soojin skips her way across campus. She was excited to get back home because Haein, Minjoon, and her were going to have a "study session." They weren't very productive to be honest, as the three usually ended up playing elementary school games and talking about the stress of exams over takeout, but the nights always calmed Soojin down in some way. She continues to skip giddily towards her cute, red Mini Cooper in the parking lot. Almost half way to it, a familiar voice stops her.

"Soojin!"

Turning around, Soojin she sees someone she never wanted to see ever again. Quickly, she turns back, fastening her pace as she now is striding toward the vehicle. Before she can reach though, a hand clasps around her wrist and pulls her back, spinning her to face the one person she vowed she would never speak to.

"Excuse me, if you could kindly let go of my hand that would be great. I'm trying to get into my car if you didn't notice," Soojin says with a sneer, ripping her wrist out of the man's grasp.

"Oh, come one Soojin. It's been awhile hasn't it? Don't I deserve a warm welcome?"

"Shut up Yoongi. After what you did, you don't even deserve to be graced with my presence," Soojin shoots back. "And to be honest, I'm surprised you even remember my name, after the amount of girls you've gone through."

Yoongi scrunches up his nose. "Ouch, that hurt."

"Good." Soojin tries to move towards her car but is caught again by Yoongi, who pulls her back.

"Come on Soojin, don't be mean."

Shoving away his hands for the second time, she sends the man a death glare and shouts, "Just shut up Yoongi! You think you can just show up here and talk to me? You broke me! I was hurt for a long time and you were fine; you laughed it off. I don't need to speak to you nor do I want to, so just leave."

Yoongi's eyes soften at that. "Look, I just wanted to talk about what happened, about us."

"Yoongi, there is no us. We were over a long time ago. I've moved on. I'm not the little girl you thought you could play with anymore. I grew up and now I'm living my life happily. You can't just waltz back here and expect me to fall to my knees and listen to your every word. Never again will I fall for your tricks Yoongi," Soojin explains, coldness radiating off her, so much so that Yoongi shivers.

"Soojin, I just-"

"No. You're not doing anything. I hate you right now. I wish I never met you. I wish the pain that I felt when you hurt me never occurred in my life but here we are. I got over it, I lived my life. Maybe sometime, I'll be able to forgive you but for now, just looking at you makes me want to break you into two."

The two fall into silence. Yoongi nods his head sadly and Soojin stares at him. He looks so different from before. Soojin wasn't too familiar with the black haired man she saw in front of her. During all their school days, Yoongi's head was an ever-changing rainbow and black was not a part of it. To see him now with the dark colour made him seem more mature. And maybe he did become more mature, though Soojin would never know and she didn't really want to figure out. Soojin is about to turn back to her car when a shout is sent their way.

"Yoongi!"

Out appears Jungkook, who hurries toward the two, smiling at the sight of the older boy. Yoongi wraps his arm around the boy and flashes his gummy smile.

"That's hyung for you."

Jungkook rolls his eyes and chuckles. Soojin watches the two and realizes that this is the first time she's seen Jungkook since they left Busan. Somehow, she always bypassed him whenever they could potentially meet. Soojin chuckles bitterly, thinking about how both her and Haein have reunited with former lovers who they thought they'd never see again. At the sound of her laugh, both boys look at her and Jungkook's eyes widen.

"Soojin?"

"Hello Jungkook," Soojin replies nonchalantly. Then, something clicks in her brain and she gasps. "You remember who I am?"

"Yeah! You're one of my best friends! Why would I forget you?" Jungkook says. "I'm just surprised you're here. You go to school here too?"

Soojin nods, at a loss for words. Jungkook remembered her and Yoongi but not Jimin and Haein? Yoongi, now slightly uncomfortable, tugs on Jungkook's arm.

"Let's go Jungkook, Soojin was just leaving anyway."

"Wait," Soojin stops them. "Jungkook, do you not remember having any other friends at all?"

"No, I only remember Yoongi, you, Hae-In, and Taehyung. Plus, everyone else told me those were the only important people I needed to remember," Jungkook states.

"So, you don't remember having, I dunno, another guy and girl as your friend?" Soojin presses. She really wanted to know, especially because Jungkook situation was extremely odd.

Jungkook scrunches his eyebrows, trying hard to see if he could remember something of that sort but he can't. Yoongi, noticing Jungkook's frustration, speaks up. "Look, he doesn't remember now let's just drop it."

"Why?" Soojin questions.

"Because, the doctor said that if Jungkook tries too hard to remember his memories, it could cause damage to his brain and we all are scared of what that could trigger," Yoongi explains.

"Scared that it could trigger some unwanted memories? Or maybe the truth about everyone in his life?"

Yoongi's eyes double in size. Jungkook on the other hand is confused. Everyone told him he'd regained all his memory back.

"What unwanted memories?" Jungkook asks.

Before Soojin can answer, Yoongi buts in. "I think that's enough talking. Soojin needs to go and we need to as well." 

Yoongi steers the two in the other direction and start walking away. "See ya around Soojin," He hollers.

"Yeah, let's hope not." 

Soojin finally gets into her car and starts the engine. While driving over to Haein and her's shared apartment, Soojin's mind is clouded with so many thoughts. Everyone surrounding Jungkook are acting so suspicious about his memories and what happened in the past. What is going on? Did Jungkook really forget Haein or did something else happen? Soojin sighs. All she wanted to do today was have a great time with Minjoon and Haein but after meeting with Jungkook and Yoongi, her mood plummeted. When Soojin arrives home though, the smell of freshly cooked chicken and pizza fills her nostrils and all distressing thoughts leave her mind.

"You're finally here! I thought you were bailing. Though, that would be weird since you live here," Haein says to the girl as she appears in front of her.

"Of course I wouldn't bail! I just got stuck up in traffic. You know, I really hate going off the main campus to do chemistry labs," Soojin explains.

"I second that!" Minjoon shouts from the living room.

The girls laugh and head over to the boy to get started on studying, or eating. Though she had found some, possibly valuable, information, Soojin decides she won't bring it up today. She's too tired to play detective. Instead, she has fun with her boyfriend and best friend, pushing all thoughts about the incident before to the back of her head.

 

 

A/N

Hey I'm back! I'm sorry this took so long, I just was caught up with exams but they are over now so I'm free to write!

What did you all think of the chapter? Crazy right? Yoongi is the man that nobody was suppose to bring up to Soojin! Surprise! I'm so glad I got to add him in. He will be causing more drama, more on the Soojin side of the story but also for Haein as well! Also, everyone around Jungkook is acting so strange! I wonder what is up with them? Plus, Jungkook still thinks he remembered everything! This is just too crazy! Bt, the drama in store for y'all in the next chapter is even crazier!

Side note! Sooo many things have happened! SHINee came back again and it was amazing! BLACKPINK Y'ALL! Honestly, queens have come and slayed us all! Also DAY6 WAS FANTASTIC! I love me some DAY6 music and they are my children so if you don't listen to them, I highly recommend you do! Also another queen came back! TAEYEON!! Honestly his sing was ire the album was fire, I could literally roast marshmallows listening to her music! Too good! I'm positive that I'm missing a bunch of other things but this is all that I remember. Snap! Do I got a memory like Jungkook? Lol Kidding!!

Anyway! Thank you again to my lovely subscribers! I love you all and you continue to motivate me to write! *SENDS OUT HEARTS AND HUGS* Y'all are just the best!

See Ya next time! (SEE YA LATER, MAYBE, NEVER)

~TallProud

(Editied Kinda)