Chapter Fifteen - Thoughts (Christmas Break Pt. 1)

The Remembered & The Forgotten (A BTS Fanfiction)

Once upon a time, there was an heir.

Much like Prince Charming, the heir was going to take over a throne and he needed a wife who was equal to him.

He needed another heir.

But, just like Prince Charming, the heir had no means to marry another heir.

He was going to marry who he loved and do what he wanted to do, not what his parents wanted of him.

Sadly, an accident occurred, and all former thoughts were forgotten.

~~~~~~~

Third Person POV

Ever since birth, Jungkook had one message drilled into his head; he must become successful. 

It seems like a lot for a boy who simply wanted to be a regular boy and in fact it was. Jungkook never got to experience a life that he wanted. He started learning about the family business from the moment he could read. He was tutored in all subjects so he could be placed number one every single year since elementary school. He attended business meetings with his father and fancy gatherings to get to know future business partners. His life became someone else's from the moment he was brought into the world. 

When Jungkook started going to school, he had much more freedom and thus made friends that weren't exactly of his status. This infuriated his parents but Jungkook could care less. For once he was doing what he wanted and he didn't want that to stop. As he time in school went on, Jungkook grew a strong liking toward the arts. Everything related to the arts intrigued him. He liked music and singing, he enjoyed the thrill he got from dancing with Jimin, he liked the way he felt after staring at his finished paintings—a masterpiece surrounded by a mess—and most of all, he loved photography. Being able to capture things in the way he saw them made Jungkook enjoy living just a little bit more. Plus, it was the one thing that he was never tutored in but excelled in nonetheless. It also happened to be the one thing his parents disapproved of. "It wasn't practical" they had said once. What they really meant to say was it wasn't what you've been groomed to do. It wasn't what you were born to do.   

Despite this, Jungkook continued to pursue his interest in photography. He took secret classes outside of school to further his knowledge and increase his skill. Jungkook was becoming exceptionally good and it was noted by all of his teachers. Then Haein came along and she encouraged him even more to do what he loved. Since she wanted to be artist, the two meshed well together. They helped each other grow in their interest and that in turn helped them grow in their love. Jungkook for once felt like he finally was doing something for himself. But, all good things appeared to come to an end in Jungkook's life. His parents had other plans for him, ones that he hadn't even known about.

Jungkook entered his house after arriving home from school early. His chauffeur had texted him to let him know that his parents let him out early for something important. Jungkook hadn't known what it was for but assumed it was simply to sit in another one of his father's business meetings. He made his way to the main living room and was surprised at the sight. There sat his mother and father, both looking more prestigious than usual. They were even wearing shoes in the house which was something Mrs. Jeon detested. Across from them was another couple wearing similar clothes to his parents, both fancy and intimidating. Beside them was a girl who seemed oddly familiar. Jungkook felt as though he'd seen her somewhere before but couldn't really pinpoint when or where. Probably at one of those annoying gatherings Mom always drags me to, Jungkook thought to himself.

"Welcome back Jungkook!" His mother said a little too cheery. "Come sit, we have much to discuss."

Jungkook slowly made his way toward his parents and sat on a single chair beside them. "I don't mean to be rude but, who are they?"

The adults in the room chuckled awkwardly and the girl's smile across from him faltered slightly. When they settled down after Jungkook's hilarious comment, his mother finally spoke up.

"As you know darling, you are going to be taking your father's place as CEO of his company and we thought that it would be best to create an alliance with another company to help you continue to strive and reach full potential for the company," His mother explained.

"Okay. I still don't understand how this relates to them," Jungkook said, pointing at the couple and girl.

"This is why you should've told him right away," the other lady stated. "He would be much less confused like our dear Hae-In."

Haein? She has the same name as my girlfriend? Jungkook was brought out of his thoughts be his mother's deep sigh.

"We waited till the last minute to tell him so that there was less chance of him being able to back out," his father told them all.

"What? Back out of what? What are guys talking about?"

The unknown lady rolled her eyes slightly. "To make sure that the alliance wouldn't be broken in anyway, we decided to make it come in the form of something that is hard to break." Jungkook eyed her and urged her to go on. "You will be getting married to my daughter, Hae-In to solidify the alliance."

"What?!" Jungkook exclaimed.

"It's what's best for the company Jungkook," his father started.

"First of all, an arranged marriage? How typical of you! And second, I'm not going to get married to anyone right now!"

"Of course. You and Hae-In have to get to know each other and then when the time is right you will get married. By that time, you'll both be ready to start as Vice Presidents of our companies," the other man said.

"Look, I don't care what's best for the company. I'm not becoming your successor or whatever. I'm going to university-"

"Which you can still do," Mrs. Jeon tried to reason.

"You don't understand. I'm going to university for what want and then, I'm going to marry Haein, someone who I actually care about!"

"Oh Jungkook! Not again with this girl! She's no good for you! This girl, this Hae-In is the one you need. She'll help you grow as a man and help you grow as a CEO. She is who is best for you!"

Jungkook chuckled darkly. "You never know what's best for me! You only care about what's best for your stupid company and your stupid fortune. You could careless about what really mattered to me."

"Jungkook listen. This is your future we are talking about. You can't seriously think you'll make it if you pursue what you want to. And marry that other girl? What is she going to do, paint your way to getting a house?" Mr. Jeon joked half-heartedly.

"Whatever. You can make an alliance all you want but I'm never going to become anything for you and I'm not marrying anyone for you." Jungkook stood swiftly and exited the house, despite his parents yelling after him.

"Well, I guess this is over," Hae-In's mother said.

"No, he will marry your daughter, he's just being distracted right now. Shall we go and discuss more about this in the kitchen?" Mrs. Jeon questioned. 

The adults in the room agreed and made their way to continue discussing plans, even though Jungkook openly told them how against the marriage he was. To them, it truly didn't matter much. Mr. and Mrs. Jeon presumed he'd come around and if he didn't there would be big consequences. In all honesty, to Jungkook's parents, the alliance matter much more than his feelings and opinions. Hae-In on the other hand was weary. She had heard about Jungkook since she turned eight and was excited to meet him. When she was ten, her parents told her about the arrangement and she was ecstatic. Jungkook sounded like a great guy and if she had to be married to him, so be it. She quickly fell in love with Jungkook without even knowing him truly. Hae-In saw him once or twice at business meetings and social gatherings but she only interacted with him very little and she noticed that the boy was very distant. Hearing Jungkook blatantly reject her, in front of her parents during their first real meeting, left her heartbroken. She hadn't even gotten to introduce herself and then she hears he's in love with someone else. It was quite a blow to her heart, yet it didn't stop her love for him. No, it only fueled her anger. Another girl with the same name as mine is who he's in love with? Hae-In laughed at the thought. She agreed with Jungkook's mother that this girl must be distracting him. There's no way he'd want a common girl when he could have her. Hae-In made it her plan to win Jungkook over, by any means necessary. And when opportunity came by, Hae-In took it, not one regretful thought in mind.

~~~~~~~

Third Person POV

Christmas break was suppose to be fun. It was suppose to be filled with love and kindness and warmth but for Jungkook, Hae-In, and Yoongi, it was anything but all that. 

Yoongi was bored as ever. He certainly didn't want to be helping with Jungkook's wedding but he had to because of one stupid choice he made; one he'll regret forever. So here he was, trying on suits, watching Hae-In's biggest dilemmas become about what colour the table cloths will be and if they'll match her skin tone or the wall of the venue. Along with his death-seeking boredom, Yoongi couldn't stop thinking about Soojin. The picture of her with her boyfriend kept running through his mind and it angered him. He thought he was over her. After all these years, he was sure he'd let all his feelings for her go but then he saw her again and every feeling came flooding back in pernicious waves that made his heart ache. Yoongi still wanted her but it was clear that Soojin wanted nothing to do with him. Yoongi sighs as he turns his head to face Jungkook who stares at him with concerned eyes. Yoongi waves him off and watches as Jungkook continues to taste different flavours and types of icing for the wedding while he slowly drowns in his own misery.

Hae-In was annoyed. This was supposed to be fun. She was supposed to be having the time of her life but yet she wasn't. Preparing and planning for her own wedding was something she dreamed of since she was a kid but now that she was really doing it, it seemed so lackluster. They'd just finished taste-testing wedding cakes and were headed to search for a wedding dress, which is one of the most exciting parts of all this yet Hae-In felt no excitement. Not only that, but Jungkook was clearly uninterested as well and that infuriated Hae-In. Every time she asked him a question about the decorations or the event planning, he simple shrugged and answered with a plain "sure". He was so out of it that Hae-In couldn't even think straight about the whole wedding. The only good thing was that both her parents and his were helpful enough to take her mind off her distant fiance for the few moments they were out shopping. Hae-in glances at Jungkook who's flipping through a magazine and rolls her eyes.

"Babe, are you even looking?"

He looks up and glances at the dress. "It's nice," he mutters before going back to his magazine.

"Jungkook!" Hae-In exclaims.

"What? Isn't the groom not suppose to see the dress until the day of the wedding?"

"I don't know. But that's not the point! Why are you acting so...distant?" Hae-In questions.

Jungkook stays silent. Hae-In huffs and rushes back to the dressing room, tears forming at the edges of her eyes. The lady helping her change asks no questions as she slips out of the dress crying. Hae-In shuts her eyes and lets out a shaky breath. A thought comes to Hae-In's mind that makes her want to cry even more. The one person who seems to always be able to cheer her up isn't even here with her.

Jungkook knew he was being distant but couldn't dare tell Hae-In why. The reason itself didn't even make sense to Jungkook anyway. The break was one of the worst he's ever had. Everyone was so excited for the wedding but Jungkook was dreading it. Before, he would've been enjoying himself but then he met Haein and everything changed. She made him feel something that was different than when he was with Hae-In. Jungkook didn't know how to explain it but with her, everything just felt better. And this was horrible because, he was getting married! Why were these feelings coming to him now? Jungkook was so frustrated and to add on to it, the weird vision thing he had was toying with him too. It seemed so familiar and Jimin was there? But he was sure he'd never met Jimin until their Gallery Night, so how could he appear in a memory? Jungkook hadn't asked his parents about his memories yet because he was worried it would just cause more trouble. When he first regained all his memories, Jungkook would see things in his room and house that he couldn't remember and when he asked his parents about it they'd get angry. They always told him that he remembered everything and those things were nothing but gifts from family while he was in a coma. He believed it for a time but now, he was suspicious. Jungkook just needed some time to himself but that was impossible with all the wedding stuff going on. At the thought of the wedding, Jungkook thought of Haein's face as Hae-In announced it. Her expression was one of hurt and Jungkook just didn't understand. Why would she feel hurt? And why did Jungkook also feel pain at the thought that she'd found out? Jungkook just couldn't deal with this anymore.

"Jungkook! You made Hae-In cry? What did you do?" His mother asks him.

Jungkook just shakes his head and gets up. "I need to go."

"What? Jungkook, where are you-"

Jungkook doesn't let her finish, slamming the magazine down and heading out of the store. Jungkook walks forward, his feet carrying him away to somewhere, anywhere but there.When the cold starts to get to him, Jungkook finds himself trudging his way under a small bus shelter. As he takes a seat, a feeling of nostalgia rushes over him. He looks around the small spaces and his eyes land on something very interesting. Slightly faded away on the side of the shelter is a heart with two names in it. Jungkook slowing moves closer to it to read what it says. As he examined the heart, a pain much similar to the other day, hit him hard and Jungkook groaned, clutching his head.

"This is so stupid!" A girl (her face was unclear in Jungkook's mind) exclaimed.

"No, it's not! All the romantic people do this," Jungkook countered.

The two were drenched—the reason unknown to Jungkook— and were seated inside the same bus shelter Jungkook was in now. They were gasping for air as though they had run a marathon but were smiling and laughing nonetheless. Jungkook pulled out a permanent marker and the girl snorted.

"You just carry these around now?"

"Only for moments like this."

She rolled her eyes and snatched the marker out of his hands.

"Hey, I was going to do it!" Jungkook exclaimed.

"Yeah, well, I'm the one going to be an artist so I'll do it. You can take a picture though," the girl joked.

"Ha-ha, very funny," Jungkook muttered.

The girl laughed again and Jungkook smiled unconsciously. Her laugh was music to his ears and he never wanted to stop listening to it. She uncapped the marker and started to draw the heart. She wrote Jungkook's name and then her's before urging Jungkook to actually take a picture.

"Please? It's so that we'll forever have it in our hearts and in case it fades away," she explains.

"Okay, I'll do it," Jungkook said finally.

"Yay! And then we can frame it and keep as a memory of our first years of being together to show to our children."

"Oh, so you want to have children with me?"

"Shut up Jungkook!" The girl shouted causing Jungkook to laugh.

Jungkook pulled out his phone and zoomed into the picture, finally seeing the heart clearly. As he snaps the photo, he reads out the heart.

"Jungkook plus Ha-"

The pain disappears and Jungkook is brought back into the present. He stares at the heart and sees that it had faded. The heart only showed his name and the starting letter of the girl's. Was that a memory? It had to be; evidence of it happening was right there in front of him. But, who was the girl? It could've been Hae-In but something told Jungkook that it certainly was not which would be interesting, since everyone told Jungkook he'd been with Hae-In since they started high school. 

"And then we can frame it and keep as a memory.." 

Frame it, huh? What if we did? Jungkook was determined to get down to the bottom of this and now he might just have a clue as to what was really going.

 

 

 

A/N

Hey guys! Sorry this took so long, writer's block is a ! I hope you liked it though. I know some of you were hoping this would be Haein and Jimin's chapter but it is not. Don't worry though, the next one will be for sure. But, OMG! What do you think about all this stuff that's going on? Like, Yoongi still likes Soojin, Jungkook is having all these memory flashbacks and thinking about Haein while planning for his wedding with Hae-In! Crazy right? And Hae-In, the poor girl is having the worst time of her life :'(

Lol, yeah, this is getting so crazy. Also, I dunno if I've said this before but writing about both Haein's at the same time or when they're together is really weird.

Side note! LOONA MY QUEENS ARE FINALLY GOING TO DEBUT! I'm so excited! If y'all don't know who they are they go onto Google and start googling cuz they are about to take over.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you next time!

~TallProud

(Edited KInda)