Chapter Seven - Best Friends For Never

The Remembered & The Forgotten (A BTS Fanfiction)

Once upon a time, there were two boys who were inseparable.

They were the best of friends and the worst of two.

Nothing could bring them apart.

Or so they thought.

One went off to follow their dream, the other lost their memory.

When brought together again, one was too far gone to remember the friendship they once had.

And so, their friendship was forgotten.

~~~~~~~

Third Person POV

Originally, Jungkook's group consisted of four people: Ahn Soojin, Min Yoongi, Park Jimin, and himself. The four were inseparable. Soojin and Yoongi had been friends since forever despite their three year age difference and so had Jimin and Jungkook. Now, unlike Soojin and Yoongi who met at school, Jungkook and Jimin had been friends ever since they were born. Since their parents were close friends, it only made sense that the two boys would also follow suit. They were the closest of friends who shared everything with each other. Even when their parents grew apart due to conflict in certain areas, the boys remained best friends. If anything, they weren't just friends but brothers. Their relationship was so strong no one thought it would ever break.

As the two pairs grew up, Jimin and Yoongi met each other and became great friends. Yoongi found Jimin to be a total cutie and didn't mind his bright personality, though people like that usually bothered him, and Jimin found it fascinating that Yoongi could sleep so deeply in school. (Jimin later found out that the boy could sleep deeply anywhere). One day, Jimin decided that he wanted Jungkook to meet his new friend and Yoongi didn't think it was a bad idea since he also wanted Soojin to meet the younger boy. It was awkward at first. The group of friends didn't know how to act around each other. But, in almost a few days, the awkwardness disappeared and they acted as though they had been friends since forever. Their bond was known by everyone. No one ever seemed to try and join and none of the four were ever thinking about leaving. They weren't necessarily popular but people knew not to mess with them. They were like a cute little family.

That's why, when Jungkook brought Haein to their group that day, it was quite a big deal. Soojin could've cared less. She never realized how badly she needed a girlfriend to understand her girl problems until Haein appeared. The guys were great to Soojin and she could never replace them but sometimes, there were just some things they didn't understand because they just weren't girls. Yoongi was hesitant with Haein at first but then remembered that he was graduating that year. It would be better if someone took over his place, then he could worry about them less. Jimin was the least welcoming but didn't mind much. Haein seemed nice enough to accept into the crew. The year went on like this, the new crew hanging out together and it was quite nice. To be honest, though some would never admit it, Haein made the group really feel complete.

The next year, things changed. A lot.

Yoongi graduated and decided to go to a school close by. It was much more affordable in his circumstances and, though he'd never admit it, he did want to stay close to the other four. They were like his family and nothing could replace them, even Haein. Jimin had started to get very serious about his dancing and singing and came to the decision that he was going to audition for an entertainment company. Soojin and Haein were all for it, joking that he'd better not forget them when he got famous. Jungkook on the other hand was worried. He'd never been separated from his best friend for more than a few days at most. If Jimin auditioned and made it, he'd be gone for way longer than a week. The girls encouraged Jungkook to audition as well, saying his singing was way more than ordinary. Jimin assured the boy that he'd probably make it just by entering the room but Jungkook quickly shook off those ideas. He had already thought of this before but his parents shut him down on the idea. It wasn't a real job, they said. He was to take over the company anyway, there would be no time for playing around. To be honest, that was where their parents friendship started to fall apart. While Jimin's parents were very open to whatever Jimin liked and wanted to do with his life, Jungkook's were still very strict and wouldn't let Jungkook stray into something that was deemed practical by his parents.

"Jimin," Jungkook started, "do you really have to go tomorrow?"

"What? You love me that much that you can't bear to see me go?" Jimin joked.

Jungkook stayed silent and sighed. 

It was the night before Jimin was officially going to begin his life as a trainee. He had passed all the stages of his audition and was officially a trainee of HitBig Entertainment. Everyone was excited and so was Jungkook, but it was now only a few hours away before his best friend would disappear from his daily life forever.

"Jungkook, I'm not leaving forever. It'll be like if I got a job. I'll come home for holidays," Jimin tried to reassure the boy.

"I know," Jungkook muttered.

Jimin moved so he was sitting right next to Jungkook and slung his arm around the boy's shoulder. "You'll always be my brother Jungkook. No matter where I go in the world or where you go, we'll always be brothers and brothers don't just forget each other. Plus, I need to know that I have you supporting me while I'm in Seoul. That's the only way I'll be able to make it in the industry and become an idol."

Jungkook snickered and shoved Jimin's arm off of him. "You're such a loser."

Jimin gasped causing Jungkook to laugh.

~~~~~~~

Jimin left with no worries, just excited to pursue his dreams and make his family and friends proud. Jungkook watched him go with a smile. They were brothers, Jungkook had repeated to himself as he waved good-bye to the older boy. And so, the years went on, the group as three, and sometimes four but never five. Jimin called home almost everyday until finally, he debuted as a solo singer and dancer in their last year of high school. Everyone was ecstatic! They couldn't wait to see the boy again and congratulate him, especially Jungkook. It was all gum drops and rainbows until Jungkook had the accident. It sent their whole world into spirals. Jimin rushed home only to find Jungkook in a coma, asleep on a stark white hospital bed. Canceling all his schedules, he waited with Haein and the others, fearing that his best friend might never open his eyes again. He worried that they may never see Jungkook's beautiful bunny smile and hear his contagious laugh. He feared most that he might lose his best friend forever. 

When Jungkook woke up, Jimin was jumping for joy! He's brother was back! But, when he stared into the boys eyes, he knew something was different. The usually soft, cheerful brown colored irises were dull and distant. As Jimin watched Jungkook take in his surroundings he saw the look of confusion in his eyes. The question where am I? Who are these people? written all across his face. They later found out that Jungkook was suffering from amnesia and that his memories of people should come back in no time. With this in mind Jimin waited and waited. He knew it was a risk. His debut was successful but if he disappeared for some time, his newly established fans could leave him, ending his career in a minute. All this was in the back of his mind as he waited for Jungkook's memories to come back but Jimin just couldn't leave without hearing Jungkook say his name and remember who he was. He waited months and months but nothing changed. Jungkook just couldn't remember his best friend, his brother. Jimin decided to leave, just like Haein did. As he was on his way back to Seoul, he chuckled darkly to himself thinking, 

before it was you who worried I'd forget about you, but instead,

I became the forgotten one.

 

A/N

Sooooooooooooo, I'm back y'all! I hope you liked it cuz I think this chapter was kinda lousy but it needed to be here for many reasons.

Now we know who Jimin is which is great! He will be an interesting character for sure *wink, wink*. 

After this chapter and the next, I'm hoping to start getting a roll on things and have some dramatic stuff happen because that's always fun!

Maybe we'll be seeing some confrontations, some memories come back? You never know ;). Lol but really, it's going to get a lot more exciting (hopefully). 

Thank you guys again for the comments and subscribing! I really do appreciate it all! 

Love ya guys <3

(P.S Euphoria slayed my whole existence. I'm literally still recovering! And Lo Siento is amazing! Super Junior were great as usual and Leslie Grace did amazing as well! Her vocals were killing! AND! To make the whole comeback even more killer, Super Junior are performing it with my girls Jiwoo and Somin from KARD and they are killing it too! Like, can this get any better?)

Edited(Kinda)

-TallProud