Chapter Nine - Playing Games (With My Heart)

The Remembered & The Forgotten (A BTS Fanfiction)

Lee Haein's POV

I wake up this morning wondering if what happened yesterday really did happen. As I head to the shower, I list off all the events that occurred at Gallery Night.

Jimin is going to our school.

Jimin and Jungkook reunited (still doesn't remember).

Jimin and Soojin reunited.

I sigh and rest my head against the shower wall. Even now that the night's over, I still can't comprehend all that happened. I mean, JIMIN is back. And, Jimin and Jungkook reunited! And they spoke to each other! And even in the midst of that, Jungkook still didn't remember him! It's all kind of crazy. I'm sure since Jimin will be going to school with us now, he was going to probably end up seeing Jungkook anyway, but it just happened so quick.

"LEE HAEIN! IF YOU DON'T GET OUT THE SHOWER NOW I'M GONNA BUST IN THERE AND TAKE YOU OUT MYSELF! I PAY FOR THE WATER BILLS YOU KNOW!" Soojin screams outside of the locked bathroom door.

"I pay them too," I mutter as I turn off the shower and get out, obliging to the other girl's wishes.

While I'm heading back to my room, Soojin runs up to me and grabs my shoulders.

"What?" I ask, giving her a questioning look.

"Let's go out somewhere today," she suggests.

"You know I can't do that Soo, I have things to get done."

Soojin rolls her eyes. "What? Your oh-so-terrible assignment? It's probably not due until like, December! You've got lots of time!"

"I do not! And I have more things to do than my portfolio assignment," I explain.

"Yeah, sure, whatever. Look, I kinda, sorta, already made plans, and Jimin and Minjoon are coming, and I kinda also said that you said you'd be coming too so... yeah. You're coming out with us today."

"Soojin!" I exclaim.

"I'm sorry! I forgot you were such a boring person and thought you'd enjoy an escape from all the work," Soojin says with a pout.

I glare at her. I did want to get away from all the work. It was causing serious stress and I've had at least eight all-nighters this week (yeah, that's right. EIGHT in a WEEK. I didn't say it wrong). I just wish she told me beforehand so I could've procrastinated a little less and possibly finished some of the work I needed to do.

"Okay, I'll go." Soojin cheers and jumps around causing me to laugh. "But promise me next time you'll consult me on this type of thing before you go and decide for me, alright?'

"Promise!" Soojin grins and we link pinkies and seal the deal with our thumbs. "Great! Now go get ready!"

I roll my eyes but dash off to do, once again, what she says. I head to my closet and pull out some high-waisted jeans and a large, pink pullover sweater with a sleepy monster face on it. I mean, it is cold, but a girl's still gotta look cute. I put them on, grab my purse, and then high tail out of my room. Soojin's sitting on the couch, phone in hand, when I enter the living room. Once she sees me, we both head to the door, pull on our boots and jackets and exit the apartment.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

"So, where are we going?" I ask as we walk down the streets of Seoul.

"We are going to meet the boys at Mia's and then we are going to go to an arcade!" Soojin tells me.

"Yes! OMG! I haven't been to an arcade in forever!"

"I know right. That's why you had to come," the girl says matter-of-factly.

I punch her in the arm and pout. "I'm out now so stop making a big fuss about before."

"Whatever," Soojin says in a joking tone.

We laugh and continue on our way to the cafe.

"Hey, why did you invite Jimin?" I suddenly ask.

"Why? You don't want him to be there? OOOOOOOH! I'm totally going to tell him you said that!" Soojin proclaims.

"No you bum! I was just wondering!"

"Oh," Soojin says. "Well, we all haven't hung out in like, forever so I thought it would be nice. I also want Jimin and Minjoon to get to know each other so that at our wedding he won't feel weird having Jimin as his best man."

I raise an eyebrow at her. "You’re choosing his best man?"

"Obvi! I'm the bride and the bride chooses everything!"

I roll my eyes and shove Soojin forward with a laugh. "Come on, let's go."

 

~~~~~~~~

 

When we reach the small cafe, we see both Minjoon and Jimin already conversing by the counter. Soojin engulfs Minjoon in a hug and I simply wave to the two.

"Hola mi amores!" I greet.

"Hola to you too," Jimin answers with a laugh.

"We just ordered some drinks while waiting," Minjoon informs us.

"Yeah. I hope you still are in love with vanilla cappuccinos."

"OMG! Jimin you are the best!" I exclaim. "I can't believe you still remember!”

Jimin runs his fingers through his hair and shrugs mindlessly, as though it was nothing. “I guess I’ve just got good memory.”

“Okay, whatever. Can we just get them and go? I really wanna play a lot of games today!” Soojin yells, interrupting us.

“Calm down babe. We’ll get going soon,” Minjoon says.

Soojin huffs but gives in and rest her head against Minjoon’s shoulder. Ugh, why are they so cute? After a few more minutes of waiting, we finally get our drinks and head out, starting our journey to the arcade.

“Why are we walking? It’s way too cold,” I mutter, pulling my jacket closer to my body.

“It’s ‘cause none of us have cars,” Minjoon explains.

“We could’ve taken the bus.”

“Oh, stop being a drama-mama! It’s not that cold and walking is good. You can get in that exercise you surely need,” Soojin pipes up.

I scoff and smack her on the back of her head before running away.

“I’m gonna kill you Haein!” I hear Soojin yell from behind me and I laugh. We are definitely going to have a good time.

 

~~~~~~

 

3rd Person POV

Once the four arrive at the arcade, they unconsciously end up splitting, Minjoon and Soojin going one way while Jimin and Haein went the other way. So much for hanging out together again, Haein thinks to herself.

“So, what are we gonna do first?” Jimin asks.

“Let’s play the basketball game,” Haein says excitedly.

“Okay, we can play but the winner is already decided.”

Haein raised an eyebrow at the boy. “Oh, really? And who would that be?”

“Me of course,” Jimin says with a laugh.

“We’ll see about that.”

They hurried over to the game and put in their tokens. The game starts up and they both share a competitive look before starting the game.

“Ha! Loser, I won!” Haein shouts as she collects her tickets.

“Whatever, it was just an off day for me ya know?”

“For sure.”

They laugh and head to the next game. The two play game after game. They raced (Haein won) and danced (Haein also won) until they decide to go to the iconic claw machine game. Before they put in their coins, Haein speaks up. “How about we both try to get one for each other? That way we’ll both get one.”

“Sure, why not,” Jimin says. “What happens if one of us is unable to get a toy?”

“Then that for them,” Haein answers.

“Maybe I just shouldn’t try to get you one since you’re being so rude.”

Haein pouts and blinks her eyes innocently at Jimin. Unknown to her, his heart flutter slightly and he prays that she doesn’t notice the light red tinge on his cheeks.

“Pwease?” She asks cutely.

“Okay, sure, whatever,” Jimin mutters.

Haein pumps her fist in victory and chuckles darkly causing Jimin to giggle.

“You know, you act cute shamelessly.”

Haein flips her hair over her shoulder and winks at the boy. “It just comes naturally for me, being the cutest girl on the planet.”

“I dunno if you’re the cutest girl on the planet. I mean, I’ve seen many girls and I’d say you are at least, in the bottom of the top one hundred,” Jimin jokes.

“Rude!”

They both crack up into fits of laughter. Finally, they get to the game. After a billion hours of trying and trying to successfully grab a toy with the claw, both Haein and Jimin were able to get one stuffed animal for each other.

“Here,” Haein says, handing Jimin his toy, “I got you a blowfish to match your chubby cheeks.”

“I don’t have chubby cheeks anymore,” Jimin argues.

“Yeah you do. And I love them, their cute.”

Haein pinches his cheeks whiling saying so and Jimin swats her hands away. He accepts the colourful fish with a hidden smile. Composing himself, Jimin quickly hands Haein her toy.

“And for you, a unicorn, ‘cause you’re weird and unicorns are weird but in a good way.”

“Aww, thank you,” Haein coos.

“What should we do now?” Jimin inquires.

“Let’s go to the photo booth!”

Before Jimin can even try to protest, Haein grabs his hand and pulls him towards the little booth across the room. They squish in and Haein presses the button to start. At first, they’re both enjoying themselves but then Jimin catches a glimpse of Haein and he can’t stop staring at her. As he watches her face scrunch up while laughing he can’t help but think, she’s so beautiful.

They finish and Haein collects all their photos, looking them over.

“Dude!” She exclaims causing Jimin to jump.

“What?” He asks concerned.

“You literally didn’t look at the camera for a full set of the photos!” Haein states dramatically.

Jimin chuckles and swipes them from her hand. “It’s okay, I’ll just keep them.”

“Okay, sure,” Haein complies. She goes on to gush about the other photos and how crazy they look while Jimin trails behind her. Hungry, they head to the arcade’s restaurant and order burgers and fries to share. While eating, Haein strikes up a conversation.

“What do you think of Minjoon?”

“What?” Jimin asks confused.

“What do you think of Minjoon? Soojin’s boyfriend? Today was supposed be a day for you to get to know him better but that didn’t happen so I was just wondering what you thought of him from former meetings,” Haein explains.

“Oh.”

“Yeah.”

“Well,” Jimin starts. “He’s a nice guy. And he’s pretty cool. Actually, while we were waiting for you guys at the café, we got to know each other a little better. He said he used to dance before when he was younger. I asked him if he’d like to come and just freestyle with me and my friend and he said yes so, we’re actually going to be hanging out next week Friday.”

“Cool! I’m glad you like him and Soojin will be glad too,” Haein says.

“It’s kinda weird to see Soojin with Minjoon since last time I saw her, she was with someone else,” Jimin confesses.

“I guess so, but Minjoon treats her right and I never seen her this happy with a person who isn’t me.”

“You’re so self-absorbed.”

“Jimin, Jimin a little self-love never hurts,” Haein says with a laugh. “Anyway, enough about that loser. What about you? How has idol life been treating you?”

“It’s been good. I’ve been super busy until recently. And now, since I’ll be helping out at your school, I won’t be too busy for a while,” Jimin tells her.

“That’s good. Have you made any friends?”

Jimin laughs. “You sound like my mother.”

“Well, have you?” Haein urges on.

“Yeah, I have. I met another amazing dancer named Jung Hoseok. He’s become like my best friend and he’s actually the friend who is joining Minjoon and me next week Friday.”

“Nice! He sounds like a cool guy. I hope I can meet him someday.”

“Of course. He’s just slightly insane so you have to be weary.”

“There you guys are!”

Haein and Jimin look up to see Soojin and Minjoon standing in front of them. Both their arms were stuffed with prizes. They both looked like little kids, faces full of glee and arms full of toys.

“Let’s go. It’s getting late and we wouldn’t want our all-star dance teacher to be late on his first day,” Soojin says.

“You’re are quite right Soojin. We should get going,” Jimin agrees.

And so, they exit the building, laugh and joking. Haein smiles brightly at the scene. The day had been great and for once she wasn’t thinking about school or Jungkook. She just had a good time with her friends. It was a feeling Haein missed dearly and so she joins in on the fun again, hoping to hold onto this feeling for as long as she can.

 

 

 

A/N

Hey darlings!!! I'm back with another chapter! 

This was kinda a filler but I hope you still liked it!

Side note: Oh my gosh! Have y'all listened to Fake Love? Literally my life is over! And JUNGKOOK'S ABS?? Y'all I was dead when he revealed them on TV in America, like boy, international playboy at his finest. Hehe!

Edited Kinda (:

-TallProud