Chapter Seventeen - Coffee

The Remembered & The Forgotten (A BTS Fanfiction)

SAY THE NAME! SEVENTEEN!

Third Person POV

"So, how was your break?" Haein questions her friend as they walk briskly across a thick carpet of snow.

It seemed as though the snow had waited for all the students to come back to school as the weather had been extremely cold and snowy ever since their break had ended.  Today was one of the few days that white fluffs weren't falling from the sky. Sadly, it was still getting colder and colder whether it snowed or not, making the two roommates regret not taking the bus. 

"It was good," Soojin replies. "You know,  the usual family holiday gathering. It was a little awkward at first since I've only really met Minjoon's parents like, three times. But, they were super kind and nice and his whole family was too! How about you?"

"Well, aside from you ditching me.."

"I said I was sorry like fifteen hundred times!" Soojin whines.

"I know, I'm joking," Haein says with a giggle. "Anyway, it was good as well." 

"Just good? No gossip to spill about a certain someone?" Soojin asks, wiggling her eyebrows.

Haein rolls her eyes. "Not really. I mean, at first Jimin and Taehyung weren't off to a great start but I got them to be close buddies. I mean, they could literally be labeled as best friends. Once we got back, Jimin didn't answer half of my texts 'cause he was hanging out with Tae. Super crazy. Also, Taehyung's family are super cool! They were so welcoming and Jimin and I had a great time."

"Uh-huh. That sounds nice," Soojin comments, urging for more.

"Oh my gosh, will you just stop! There's nothing more for me to say!"

"Oh really?"

Haein blushes slightly at the thought of what happened between her and Jimin. Soojin notices and laughs hysterically.

"Girl, there is obviously something more since you're as red as a tomato."

"So... we might've moved forward in our relationship," Haein mutters.

"Yes!! Finally! Now I can plan your wedding and-"

"Woah, hold on there! We haven't made anything official yet."

"Okay, whatever you say girlie," Soojin tells her with a giggle.

Haein just rolls her eyes as they enter one of the campus buildings. A gust of warm air hits the two, melting their frozen bodies. Haein removes her hat and gloves, soaking in the heat.

"I honestly hate winter," Soojin grumbles as she undoes her scarf.

"Really? Just a few days ago you were saying how much you enjoyed the snow."

Haein and Soojin both glance up to see a smiling Minjoon approaching them.

"That's different! Snow is nice, cold is not," Soojin says with a huff.

"Yeah, Yeah," Minjoon says, engulfing her in a hug.

Haein smile at the two. "Hey Minjoon!"

"Hello my dearest friend Haein!" Minjoon exclaims and gives Haein a hug as well.

"Um, hello? How come I didn't get a grand welcoming like that?"

"Because, I don't like you that much?"

"Meanie!"

Haein crosses her arms as she watches the two 'brawl' it out. Sometimes, I feel like I'm their mother, Haein thinks as the couple continue with their childish antics.

~~~~~

"What classes do you have today?" Minjoon voices.

"I have a biology class and then a physics class," Soojin says with a pout. "What about you?" Soojin asks, turning to Haein.

"I only have a photography class today, then I'm free."

"Lucky, I have two classes today and a tutorial," Minjoon tells them.

"LOL, for you," Soojin says with a laugh.

"Says the girl with two of her hardest classes today!" Minjoon fires back.

"You guys are so annoying," Haein chuckles, rolling her eyes. She checks her phone for the time and sees that her class is about to start soon. "I'm gonna head to class. I'll see you guys later!"

~~~~~~

Haein takes a seat in her class and pulls out her notebook. Flipping it to an empty page, Haein starts to draw freely. Drawing was something that Haein knew she would never fall out of love with. Every time she picked up a pencil, her hand was always itching to create something; realistic, cartoon, abstract, organic, Haein could careless. All she wanted to do was create something beautiful from her heart for all to see. Going to university for the arts was a dream come true but after awhile, that dream faded. As time went on and Haein reminisced on the things she went through before arriving at her dream destination, she wondered if this was what she really wanted. What was she drawing for; herself or for something else?

Unknown to Haein, a familiar person enters the room. 

Jungkook slips in the class silently and at once feels at ease. He glances around the room and sees every person in their own world. Most were flipping through notebooks or maybe portfolios, headphones in, all worries out. For once, Jungkook didn't feel pressured as he found as place to sit. While scanning the room, he notices a certain someone. Something tugs in his heart and without a thought, his feet lead him to the seat beside Haein. The girl was too focused on her drawing to notice and Jungkook could definitely see that. He watches her, the pencil hypnotizing him as she draws out lines and curves. Something about her writing seemed familiar but Jungkook just couldn't put his finger on it. His eyes move from her drawing up to her face. He notices her eyebrows scrunch slightly, probably a habit when she's very focused. She was extremely beautiful and Jungkook couldn't deny it anymore.

Haein feels the piercing gaze of someone and meets the eyes of Jungkook. Shocked, she jumps faintly and places a hand on her heart.

"You scared me! What are you doing here?"

Jungkook shrugs. "This is one of my electives. And sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's okay," Haein laughs off.

They fall into an awkward silence. Haein taps her pencil lightly against her desk before speaking up. "So how was your break Jungkook?"

"It was good. You know, lots of food. And wedding shopping," Jungkook replies.

"Oh, that's nice," Haein says.

"Yeah," Jungkook continues, though he doesn't know why. "Hae-In even got her wedding dress."

"Really? You saw it? I thought the groom wasn't suppose to see the dress until she walks down the aisle?" Haein questions with a laugh.

"I thought so too, but I guess weddings like mine are different." Weddings between two companies must be formal and on schedule, Jungkook recites in his head. He didn't even know why he brought up Hae-In's dress because now all he can think about is why he ran out (part of the reason was sitting right in front of him). "What about you?"

"Mine was great! I went to Tae's with Jimin."

"You and Jimin went to Taehyung's house?" Jungkook asks, curiosity spiking.

"Yeah. It was super fun and his family's the nicest. But, you probably already know that since he's your best friend." Though Haein didn't mean to, she added a lace of sass and anger to her statement and she hoped dearly that Jungkook didn't notice.

Which he didn't. He was too busy thinking about how wrong Haein's statement was. Jungkook, in fact, had hardly ever gone to Taehyung's house and he had no recollection of ever going before-hand. He was sure he'd met Taehyung's parents once or twice but that was about it. Plus, it wasn't much more than a formal greeting. And of course, none of that made sense as Tae was his best friend. Jungkook thinks back to the flashbacks and the picture. I need to find that picture. I need to figure out what's going on here. 

The door opens and in comes their professor causing both of them to snap out of their thoughts.

"Welcome back students! I'm glad to see you all here and on time," their professor says as a girl slips in through the door. "I know you'll all hate this but I have to start you with your main assignment for this course. What I want from you is for you to make a photo gallery. The main theme is 'the past'. I want you to create a story with your pictures, one that'll pull on ones heartstrings, make someone laugh, or move someone to tears. The rest is up to you. We'll be presenting them at the end of the year for the administration and our fellow student body at the main school gallery. That's does mean that you will have a limited area to display your work. Mid way this year, we'll go out and assess the area to see what you might need to add and what you might need to get rid of to fit your space nicely. This is also a group project. You can work with one other person or three more but no more than three. Since we have time, you guys and can start to figure out your groups and you plan for executing this project. Begin!"

Haein rolls her eyes at the dramatics her prof pulled. As she glances around the room, she realizes that she doesn't actually know anyone in her class. Nobody except him. Taking a deep breath, she turns to Jungkook.

"Wanna be my partner?"

"Sure, why not?"

~~~~~~~~

The class ends and both Jungkook and Haein quickly pack up and exit the room. Together they silently walk out into the cold.

"Hey, since we'll be working together for the rest of the semester, can I have your phone number so we can message each other about the project and stuff?" Jungkook suddenly asks, scratching the back of his.

"Uh, sure. I guess I'll need yours too," Haein says with a light chuckle. 

The words 'are you busy tonight?' almost escape Jungkook's mouth but he's cut off when he hears someone shout Haein's name.

"Jimin!" Haein exclaims. She hurries toward him and gives him a hug.

"Hey baby, how was your class?" The other boy asks, placing a kiss on Haein's cheek.

Baby? Did he just call Haein baby? And a kiss on the cheek?

"It was good. What are you doing here though?"

"I came to pick you up. I'm done with teaching and I've got no classes left today so I thought I'd come see you and we could go get some coffee together."

"Oooh, like a date?" Haein says with a grin, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Mmhmm," Jimin hums.

"Sounds great! Plus, I've been dying to have something warm. Let's go before I freeze to death."

"Alright Haeinnie!" Jimin says, linking arms with her.

"Haeinnie? Should I call you Chimmy then?"

"You can call me whatever you like."

"Hmm, maybe I should call you Chimney, or Jimmy!"

"Woah! Wait a second, I dunno if I like those names," Jimin starts to protest.

"From now on, I'm gonna call you Jimmy Neutron!" Haein declares.

"What? No, you can't do that!"

"Yeah I can!"

They both laugh and Jimin wraps his arm around Haein as they head towards Mia's. Haein turns to look back, hoping to say good-bye to Jungkook but doesn't see him. Sadden for some unknown reason, Haein turns back and continues on her way with Jimin.

Jungkook shoves his hands into his pocket as he trudges away. Anger seethed through him, making him almost forget that the weather was way below zero. Jimin and Haein were dating. He had no reason to be mad about that and yet he was. Jungkook tried for so long to tell himself that he didn't care, that this anger was coming from something else but now he knew there was no point in lying anymore. The ringtone of his phone startles Jungkook out of his thoughts.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby!" 

"Hey Hae-In."

"How was your class?"

"It was good."

"That's good. What class was it again? Something Communications....."

"Business Communications."

"Oh yeah! Anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to come with me to get some warm drinks to warm up from this cold?"

"I don't think I can. I've got lots of work to do right now. Let's do it some other time, yeah? I'll call you later."

Without letting her say another word, Jungkook hangs up and shoves his phone back into his pocket. He couldn't go with Hae-In. His emotions with her would only be fake because in reality, Jungkook would rather be with the other Haein. He'd rather be drinking coffee with her. He'd rather hang out with her even if they sat in silence, Jungkook wouldn't mind; because he'd be with her. Jungkook, for the first time in a long time, knew something for certain, without any doubts.

He liked Haein, and he didn't know what he was going to do about it.

 

 

A/N

So.................................................

Yeah, pretty intense if I do say so myself. So many things are about to be revealed now! Hehe! I'm so excited.

Okay, but seriously, what do y'all think about Jungkook's confession? 

Side note: We have reached 1k reads!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? ONE THOUSAND READS! I'm actually crying! :') you guys are the best! I love y'all soooooooo much!

Also, I totally lied. I decided I won't be posting any new stories until I finish this one, yay! I'm also trying to update and write my other story "A Prince and His Princess" so if y'all like fairytales and you like SHINee I suggest you check it out. Lol, sorry for the shameless self promo there :)

One last thing: Did y'all listen to GOT7's comeback cuz it was FIRE! Honestly so amazing! I think Lullaby is one of my favourite GOT7 songs ever like, that amazing!

Lol, seeya later!

~TallProud

(Edited Kinda)

PS. Would y'all be mad if Haein and Jimin didn't end up together?