Chapter Three - Memories: The Most Aggravating of Things

The Remembered & The Forgotten (A BTS Fanfiction)

~New Characters~

Ahn Soojin

Jung Minjoon

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Lee Haein's POV

I enter my apartment room with a sigh. Slamming the door, I walk into the main area of the place and let out a frustrated groan.

"What's got your knickers in a twist?"

I turn and see my roommate—and best friend—Soojin sitting on the couch, multiple textbooks placed open to different pages surrounding her on the floor. 

"It's nothing," I mutter.

"Oh really? That's why you just had to slam the door?" Soojin questions.

I glare at her. 

Plopping down on the couch beside her, I ask, "whatcha doing?"

"Studying with my lovely boyfriend for our upcoming test in human anatomy."

"Wait, Minjoon's here?"

"Yes I am," a voice says.

We both turn to the kitchen to see the boy standing there with a wide smile. Soojin just rolls her eyes.

"Thanks for announcing your presence, now can you come over here so we can study and not fail?"

Minjoon pouts but trots his way over and takes a seat beside Soojin. I laugh at their cuteness. Leaving them to study, I get up and go to the kitchen to cure my sadness, Let's see. What fixes heartache? Ice cream? Pizza? Chicken? Yes, those should do. I pull out left over chicken and pizza from the fridge and pop them into the microwave. As I warm those up, I grab ice cream from the freezer and scoop a mountain-high stack into a bowl. While creating my mastermind cheer-up meal, I hear a cough. Looking up, I see both Soojin and Minjoon staring at me with wide eyes.

"What?" I question.

"Um, are you having a party or something? What's with all the food?" Minjoon asks first.

"Yeah, why the mountain?" Soojin adds. She lowers her voice a bit before saying, "Is it that time of the month again?"

"No it is not!" I exclaim. "Just because I'm eating a lot doesn't mean Aunt Lou crashed her red car in the parking lot."

"What? Aunt Lou who?" Minjoon asks confused.

Soojin pats his cheeks and says, "girl stuff" before turning back to me.

"So what's the problem? I've been your friend long enough to know that you like to eat a lot when something's stressing you."

I shove a spoonful of ice cream in my mouth before muttering out, "Jungkook's back."

Soojin doesn't say anything at first. Leaving her in shock, I head to the microwave as it beeps and remove my chicken and pizza. With my plates in hand, I prepare for the journey to my room with a plan to huddle under my blankets while watching some sappy movie like Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper. Before I make it out of the kitchen though, Soojin stops me with an intense stare.

"Did you just say that Jungkook is back? As in that forgetful piece of dog poo is here, at our school?"

"Soojin, I told you, it's not his fault. He didn't lose his memories on purpose."

"Might as well have," she mutters. "How did you even know?"

"I bumped into him last week on the first day back," I say.

"That's why you've been so weird recently!"

"Guys, I'm so confused. What's going on here?"

Soojin glances at her boyfriend and rolls her eyes as though he's suppose to already know. He sends me a What the hell is going on? look and I chuckle lightly.

"My boy-," I stop myself quickly and switch my words, "my former boyfriend is going to our school now."

"You mean your ex? What's so bad about that?'

Minjoon receives a punch in the arm from Soojin.

"Ow! What was that for?" he shouts in pain.

"That was for being inconsiderate. First of all, Jungkook and Haein never really broke up so he isn't necessarily her ex. Also, he lost his memory and forgot her so that's what's so bad about him being here," Soojin tells him.

"Oh. Sorry, I didn't know," Minjoon mutters.

"It's cool dude. Soojin's just being a meanie as always."

"She is, isn't she?" Minjoon says to which he receives another punch.

"Oh my gosh, don't hurt the poor boy!" I exclaim.

"Yeah, don't hurt me babe," Minjoon utters in a baby voice.

Soojin scoffs but laughs. She pinches his cheeks and coos at the guy.

"You guys are disgusting," I mutter.

I watch them for awhile before deciding to make a break for it. They're too wrapped up in their love. HAHA! She'll never notice! But, just as I take a step out of the kitchen, a voice breaks through the air.

"HALT! We are not done going over this matter." 

I roll my eyes with a sigh.

"I'm sorry boo, but I gotta talk about this with Haein. We can study together again tomorrow," Soojin says.

"Tomorrow's the test though," Minjoon reminds her.

"Well..," Soojin trails off.

Minjoon just laughs. "Don't worry. When have you ever failed a test?"

Soojin looks like she's about to list off all her previous failures in school when Minjoon plants a kiss on her lips. He waves good bye to both of us and then is out the door. I glance at my best friend to see her sitting there with a love-struck smile stuck on her face. I scrunch my nose in mock disgust and try to leave again but this time, Soojin grabs the plates, places them on the counter, and then pulls me to the couch.

"You are not going anywhere until we go over this," Soojin states firmly.

"Okay, whatever!" I sigh dramatically.

"Firstly, how many times have you seen Jungkook recently?"

"I dunno, pretty frequently. I think he's taking business 'cause the business building is right near the arts side of the school and I constantly see him coming out from there," I say.

"Well, isn't that some great detective work you've done there," Soojin mutters sarcastically.

"Hey, you asked the question."

"Fair enough. So, why has this got you so bummed? I mean, you are over him aren't you?"

I don't answer right away. Am I over him?

"I-I think so." I finally say. "At first I was just shocked to see him and I didn't really want to ever see him again you know?"

Soojin nods understandingly. "I know. Especially after everything that happened."

"Exactly. But then here he is, right back in my life! I mean, we haven't talked since the first day back but I see him all the time. And, yes the school's big, but he's bound to find me again."

"I guess there isn't much we can do then," Soojin says.

"You wanna know what's the worst thing about this all?" I ask her.

"What could be worst than seeing your former lover—who forgot you out of everyone in his life—back again after three years?"

"He has a girlfriend."

Soojin's jaw literally hits the floor.

"H-h-he has a g-girlfriend?" She stutters out. I swear, if you looked hard enough, you'd see streams of smoke fuming out her ears.

"Yup," I answer. "And guess what makes it even better?"

"Are you serious? There's more? Is she secretly a centaur?"

I give Soojin an odd look and let out a laugh.

"No, she is not secretly a centaur, but she has the same name as me."

"No," Soojin starts, "no way. No, this is crazy!"

"Yeah, pretty crazy. Met her on the same day I reunited with Jungkook. They look pretty in love."

"Don't you dare say that!" Soojin suddenly exclaims. "You're gonna hurt yourself even more."

"You know, I really thought with time, I'd be over him but I'm not. I'm not Soojin. I still love him so much and he-," the words slip past my lips as tears start to form at the corners of my eyes. "He doesn't even remember. He doesn't remember anything. And it to know that while I'm here, withering away from pain, he's flourishing without a clue."

Soojin pulls me into a hug and pats my back softly. 

"Don't worry baby girl, it'll get better, I promise."

I hope so. I really do.

 

A/N

Hey y'all! Back with another update!!!

I hope you liked it. Got to see a bit more into what has happened between Jungkook and Haein.

Also, you get to meet her bestie who I honestly love!

Just so everyone knows, I will announce new characters every now and then so I will place their picture at the beginning of the chapter they're introduced.

And yes, Soojin and Minjoon are played by Lee Hi and One. I literally love them both so much and after watching the My Star MV I've been shipping them.

I mean look at this, are they not the cutest?

Anyways, tell me whatcha think in the comments. Till next time!

Also, if you didn't get it, Aunt Lou crashing her red car in the parking lot just means her period. I saw it somewhere one time and decided to put it in the story. Sorry if it was weird :) 

(Edited kinda)

-TallProud