Chapter Fourteen - Cheer Up!

The Remembered & The Forgotten (A BTS Fanfiction)

Lee Haein's POV

"You're what?" Soojin and I exclaim again.

"Jungkook and I are getting married. Pretty soon actually," Hae-In says with a smile.

"Oh, that's nice," Soojin mutters, turning to glance at me with worry.

"Yeah. That's why Yoongi's here too. The wedding's in April and we thought it'd be nice if he came down to help with wedding preparations as he is apart of the bridal party," Hae-In explains. "Taehyung was suppose to be here to as he is Jungkook's best man but he was busy with work."

I could only nod to what the girl was saying. My heart hurts as she continues to explain their wedding plans to us. Taehyung is Jungkook's best man? No, it should be Jimin. It was suppose to be Jimin and Jungkook was suppose to marry m-

A voice cuts through my thoughts. "How are my two favourite ladies doing?"

An arm finds its way around my shoulder and I turn to see Minjoon smiling brightly. A wave a relief washes over both Soojin and I.

"Hey Min," Soojin says.

Minjoon looks at the three and then back at us. "Are we still going to karaoke the night away as the three of us or are we adding a few extra people to our crew?"

"No, we still are going as three. We were just leaving actually," I say softy.

"Who's he?" Yoongi asks. I notice his jaw clench as he watches Minjoon and Soojin interact with each other. I roll my eyes. What a time for him to get jealous.

Soojin notices and glares at the other boy. "He's my boyfriend."

"Your boyfriend?"

"Yeah, and what about it?"

The tension between all of us is too much. I smile as bright as I can to the other three. "Since you must be super busy with all your wedding stuff, we'll leave you to it."

Soojin and I grab Minjoon's hand and drag him away from the awkward situation, passing them on the sidewalk. We speed walk away until we're sure we've fully escaped them. I slow down and release a sigh.

"That was horrible!" Soojin exclaims.

"Obviously!"

"And I can't believe they're getting married." I can only mumble in agreement to that statement.

"Who was that boy?" Minjoon questions Soojin.

"Nobody of your concern," Soojin says.

Minjoon nods hesitantly, as if knowing there's something more to it.

"You know, something abut that girl makes me want to punch her in the face," Soojin suddenly says.

"Who? Hae-In? Why? She doesn't know anything. She just happened to be his new girlfriend and now they're getting married. You can't really hate her for that," I mutter.

"Yeah, but there's just something that seems off about her and the way she was acting. I dunno, but she seems suspicious to me."

I sigh. Today was suppose to be fun. We were suppose to leave all the worries about them behind and just enjoy ourselves but now, I can't stop thinking about Jungkook and Hae-In and their wedding.

"I think today we should just chill at home and eat ice cream while watching a sappy drama," Minjoon suggests.

"Home? Whose home are you talking about?" Soojin asks jokingly.

"Yours of course. Where your home is, my home is."

I giggle at their cuteness. "Alright, if that's the plan then let's go before I drown in your cheesiness."

"Aww, we know you love us," The two whine, latching onto my arms.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

~~~~~~~

I take a sip of my coffee and soak in the warmth it brings me. The days have only been getting colder as our winter break had started. This break, Soojin decided to go home with Minjoon to Gwangju and my parents—the great, loving parents they are—disappeared on a trip to the Bahamas without me, so I'm stuck here with nothing to do. I've been spending most of my time in Mia's and today was like any other. Except for the fact that Taehyung seemed quite upset. Setting down my coffee cup, I walk over to him as he wipes down a table.

"Hey Tae," I say.

"Hey," he grumbles back.

"What's up?"

Another grumble.

"Taehyung, what's wrong?" I ask.

He doesn't answer and continues to wipe down the table with a little more aggression this time. I sigh and grab his hand, stopping him from wiping the table anymore. He glares at me and I chuckle.

"Tae, have you taken your break yet?"

"No, why?"

"Take it now. I'll treat you to a coffee and we can discuss your obvious problem," I tell him.

"No, Haein, it's fine. You don't-"

"I want to. You're my friend and I wanna help you feel better."

When he doesn't say anything, I pout and give him my famous puppy dog eyes. "Pwease?"

Taehyung laughs and waves his hand at me. "Okay, okay! I'll take my break, just stop making those horrific looking eyes."

I gasp and smack him on the arm. He just chuckles and heads over to the counter to inform his co-workers he's taking his break. I use that time to order him a coffee and a brownie (one for myself as well) before returning to where I was seated before. Taehyung appears shortly after and takes a bite out of the brownie I got for him.

"Okay, now spill the beans. What is going on with you?"

"Well," Taehyung starts. "I'm just super tired, work and stuff."

"Oh. Aren't you going to be off for the break?" I ask.

"Yeah, in two days I will be. Then I'll be headed home," Taehyung says with a sigh.

"Why do you sound so sad about that?"

"Usually, I go with Hae-In since she's my best friend and all and we both have family in Daegu but this year she's gone with Jungkook to Busan."

"Why didn't you go with them? I mean, they're both your friends."

"Yeah, I know. But, they're just going to be doing wedding activities which I don't particularly care for," Taehyung states.

"Why not? It's your best friend's wedding," I say, awkwardly sputtering out the last part. Saying that was weird because it didn't feel true that Jungkook's best friend was Taehyung and the mention of his wedding made my feel sick.

"I know, but I just... I dunno. It's all weird and I dunno how to explain this feeling. It's like I'm happy but I'm also not."

"Oh. The wedding did seem kinda sudden anyway," I mutter.

"Certainly, though it was no surprise. Jungkook is the heir to his father's business and Hae-In is the heir to her father's business. Together, the two companies can become the strongest and richest ones in all of South Korea," Taehyung says.

"True," I agree.

We sit there for a while. I gasp as a brilliant idea comes to mind.

"What is it?" Taehyung asks carefully.

"What if Jimin and I come with you for your break?"

"Pardon?" Taehyung blurts, choking on his coffee slightly.

I giggle and continue on. "Jimin is one of my best friends and I was going to have him over for the break but then my parents went on a trip without me so I canceled but now, we can just accompany you! Then you won't feel all down in the dumps about everything. That is, if it's okay with you of course. I'm sure you'll love Jimin too. He's super nice and sweet and kind and funny and he's the same age," I ramble on.

"I, um, I dunno..." Taehyung trails off.

"It's okay if we can't. It's short of notice anyway and it'd be rude of us to just barge into your house like that. Plus, you hardly know Jimin and that might be weird."

"No, I actually think it's a good idea," Tae says after a while. "I would enjoy it if you two came over."

"Really?" I ask excitedly.

"Really."

"Great. I'll text Jimin and let him know. You text me the address of your house and we'll meet you there!" 

Taehyung chuckles at my eagerness. "Okay, will do!" Tae checks his watch and then looks back at me. "I've gotta go, my break's up."

"Okay, I'll see ya later then!"

I watch as Taehyung goes back to work and sigh. I don't know what's up with him but I hope Jimin and I can make him feel better.

 

 

 

A/N

Hey guys! I hope you liked this update. The next two chapters are going to be about their break which is really weird to write about cuz it's literally summer right now. Like, we had a heatwave and I was writing about snow and cold. Weird.

Sorry for this chapter being so short.

I also wanted to say that I changed Taehyung's story a little bit. Instead of his whole family moving to Busan, he only moved there when he was eight for schooling but all his family still lives in Daegu.

Please know that the issues between Soojin and Yoongi are a side story and won't show up that much but it will be there. I don't want to focus too much on it but it does add to the plot. Plus, I think I love love triangles!

Side Note: MAMAMOO, SEVENTEEN, CHUNGHA, KARD, CRUSH! Honestly, my life is over. Like, how did they all create such summer bops, I'm crying! TT If y'all haven't listen to them yet then you should cuz you're missing out! Though, I'm still missing out on a few other comebacks.

UPDATE! I'm hoping to post an NCT story soon and a The Rose story as well. When I do, they won't be a main focus but it would be great if you all still checked it out! Thank you!

See ya next time!

~TallProud

(Edited kinda)