Chapter Nineteen - What Are My True Feelings?

The Remembered & The Forgotten (A BTS Fanfiction)

Haein's POV

Mia's was at it's usual low buzz with the rush of the afternoon slowly passing, though, Mia's was hardly ever full unless it was exam season. At that time, the cafe almost looks like the school library. Other than then and the rush of lunch, Mia's is usually silent and cozy. Thus why Jungkook and I decided to work on our project there today. After a few classes of drafting, we finally made a schedule of when and where we'd meet up to do the project. Due to the clashing of our classes and after school affairs, and the fact that we aren't able to work on it in class, we concluded that Tuesday and Friday afternoons would be the best days to work on it together. The other days, we'd just work on the project separately. Once we start nearing mid-terms, we'll probably have to meet up more and actually take pictures but for now, this will do.

Jungkook and I were simply working on what we wanted to do for the whole project. Of course, it did have to have a feeling of the past but that didn't mean it had to be filled with basic pictures. We would never get an A+ doing that. Though, we surely aren't going to get an A+ anytime soon anyway as neither of us could come up with anything, not even a sketch.

"Ugh, I can't do this anymore!" I exclaim. "My brain is going to melt!"

Jungkook chuckles. "At least we're not doing calculations like I had to for my finance class last semester."

"You're right, I should be grateful that unlike you, I don't ever have to do complicated math again," I say with a laugh.

"Ha-ha, very funny."

I shrug my shoulders and let out another laugh.

Honestly, hanging out with Jungkook felt good. After breaking some ice between us, it almost felt like old times. Almost. Jungkook hadn't spoken once about the other Hae-In which was nice but uncharacteristically of him. He seemed awfully excited to meet up too but I shook it off as nothing more than excitement for finishing this assignment, if that makes sense.

"Since we're so over this, let's get to know each other," Jungkook suggests.

"Get to know each other?"

"Yeah! I mean, I've talked to you multiple times but I don't feel like I know you, you know?"

Oh, I know. But you do know me, you just forgot.

"Sure, why not? How 'bout a round of good 'ole twenty questions?" I say.

"I was just about to suggest that," Jungkook replies.

I take a quick sip of my mocha before starting. "Okay, I'll ask first. Why are you taking photography as an elective when your whole focus is—well, what I've assumed—business?"

"Wow, just start off with the hardest question why don't we?" Jungkook says half-jokingly.

I give him an encouraging smile and he starts to speak.

"Honestly, I've always had a pull towards photography. It's been a hidden hobby of mine but recently, I've been so drawn to it and with there being a photography class available here, I decided to just give it a try. Truly, I shouldn't really be in your class but I pulled some strings because I just had to experience it once." Jungkook chuckles lightly and sighs. "I know I sound crazy but, I just feel so connected to photography. It reminds me of the past, back when my life was more my own."

"I get it," I quickly say after. 

Jungkook lets out another sigh or relief. "That was nice to get off my chest."

"Yeah, seems like it," I mutter.

"My turn," Jungkook starts. "Are you and Jimin dating?"

I almost choke. I look at the man in front of me and raise an eyebrow, trying to not seem so shocked and flustered by the question.

"I thought we were getting to know each other," I mumble

"We are. This is something about you so, go on and answer," Jungkook blurts, a cheeky grin falling across his lips.

I roll my eyes.

"I'm not exactly dating him. Nothing's really official. We've just gone on a few dates here and there."

"Good."

"Good?" I question.

Jungkook's eyes widen and I wonder if he planned on saying that in his head.

"I mean, good that you guys aren't rushing anything, you know. Don't want to jump into a relationship when you're not fully committed," he explains quickly.

I laugh. "Of course."

As we continue talking, I suddenly start thinking deeply about what Jungkook had said. For some reason it hit my heart dead centre and I can't stop thinking about it. What if the reason Jimin and I aren't official is because I still am holding onto to the past? I sigh at the thought and slouch in my seat.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I think we should end this game of getting to know each other and start thinking of the concept of our project."

Jungkook pouts. "Do we have to?"

I nod my head affirmatively. He groans, flopping around before crossing his arms across his chest. I giggle seeing as the boy was acting really cute. I mean, in a friendly way.

"Alright. We can figure out the basic concept of our photos and then we can call a day. Deal?" I suggest.

"Deal."

~~~~

Third Person's POV

The sun had set by the time Haein and Jungkook finish up what they were working on. Though tons of procrastination occurred, the two were able to create a concept for their project that went with the general theme and had planned out how the pictures would work with this idea. To stand out in their work, they had decided to make their photos like a puzzle. Each picture fit into a larger picture that all together created a memory. The final piece would be a memory of memories.

"I had a lot of fun today," Jungkook says as they both stand up from their seats.

"Same, we should do this again," Haein agrees.

"Well, obviously. We'll have to do this again to work on the project."

"No, I meant, hang out sometime. I mean, if that would be cool with you."

Haein's brain was malfunctioning. Hanging out with Jungkook? Was she going crazy? Somewhere along the lines of them talking and meeting up, Haein no longer wanted to distance herself from the boy that stood in front of her. Though, the reason behind it was unknown to her. She wanted believe that it was just her wanting to be friends with Jungkook, but deep down inside, Haein knew it was much more than that.

"I'd like that." Jungkook's cheeks flush pink as he replies causing Haein to smile unconsciously.

Jungkook's heart was palpitating in his chest cavity. She wants to hang out again? Just the thought sent Jungkook over the moon. He liked her and since he had acknowledged it, he had been feeling awfully clinging to the girl. And, to say he wasn't jealous of Jimin would be the largest lie of its kind. Sadly, Jungkook thought that her offer probably didn't mean much. And why should it? He was getting married to Hae-In who he thought he loved. This was all so complicated and Jungkook just wished that someone could solve all his problems or at least tell him what to do. Not to mention, he still hadn't found the picture and was still highly confused. If he really took the picture, it had to be somewhere, so why couldn't he find it at all?

Haein and Jungkook uttered out their farewells to Taehyung before exiting the cafe and heading home. Taehyung watched them go and sighed. The whole time Haein and Jungkook had been at Mia's, he'd been observing them. He watched as they laughed and joked around like old friends, and in his heart, all he felt was guilt. Taehyung spent the time thinking of their past relationship, wondering if the two would be what they were before if it weren't for himself. He thought of Jungkook's aspiration to do photography and wondered if maybe he'd be excelling in that if it weren't for the stupid decisions Tae had made. All of this thinking and wondering enraged him. It made him mad at Jungkook's parents, mad at Hae-In, and more importantly, mad at himself. Taehyung was now sure that he had to tell Jungkook the truth, before the guilt ate him alive, and Jungkook and Haein's lives were ruined forever.

 

 

 

A/N

Hey guys! I've finally updated! I know this took really long and I'm super sorry! Life has just gotten so stressful and school even more than it did before. Hopefully though, I'll be able to update more often since my Christmas break is coming up!!! Plus, I have most of the rest of the story planned out so the writing should be smooth sailing (keyword should).

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

To be honest, I don't have much to say so this authors' note is going to be probably the smallest one I've written.

Oh! If you haven't already, I would highly appreciate if you check out my Stray Kids fanfiction called Letting Go. The chapters are much shorter but I really enjoy writing it and would love for y'all to read it. Lol sorry for the self-promo.

Well, if I don't update before Christmas

MERRY CHRISTMASSSS!!!!!

sEEYa laTeR duDEs!

~TallProud

(Edited Kinda)