Secrets

Mr. Not-so-perfect

“Hey handsome, ” Krystal called Sehun, “Why don’t you text or call me. You have my  my number, don’t you?” she asked, pouting while putting her arms on Sehun’s neck. She pressed her non existant against his arm and he struggled to release himself from her embrace.

From the corner of his eyes, he saw Kim Haru and her friend, he assumed, cleaning the book rack at the far end of the library with a duster. Her friend did look at Sehun and acknowledged him but Haru was completely unfazed with all the noise Krystal was making.

“Why are you here, Sehunnie?” Krystal asked, touching the collar of his shirt.

“I had to do some end year work, with a plain looking librarian.” He answered, loud enough for Haru to listen.

Haru turned and looked at Sehun and Krystal, but after a fraction of a second, she turned back at the book rack and resumed cleaning as if nothing happened.

Rude.

“I need to start now,” Sehun said, politely hinting Krystal to leave.

“But-”

“Go on. I can’t concentrate if you’re here,” Sehun, said almost too sweetly to her.

Krystal flashed her biggest grin at him and awkwardly waved to Sehun before leaving the library. Sehun’s fake smile dropped from his face, the moment she left the place.

She’s an idiot if she thinks I like her, He thought.

He then turned to look at the two girls again, one obviously looked excited and the other, well, was dutifully cleaning the racks.

 

“Oh, sweet Lord, it’s the captain. He’s here,” Minzy giggled, nudging Haru at the sides, “I’m so jealous of you, all the girls are dying to talk to him, and you got the chance to work with him. For a week,” she giggled. “So how is he?”

“Sometimes, looks isn’t everything,” Haru signed, “He’s got an awful personality and he is full of .”

For some reasons, both of them were whispering although it is apparent that Sehun can’t hear them.

“Well, who cares about personality, when you have a face like that,” Minzy said, while wiping the racks, “He’s rich too, I heard,” She continued.

Sehun tried to focus on the work, but eventually gave up. There is a huge pile waiting for him to finish, but he was convinced that he’ll get it done in the next few days.

He rose from his seat and took long strides across the library. He glanced occasionally to the book racks on the sides, and decided to linger a while in the sports section. He reached a thin graphic book and began flipping through the pages.

“I mean, he always scores. How is that even possible?”

Sehun overheard the conversation between the two girls. He doesn’t want to eavesdrop but why, all the illegal things are fun anyway.

“I heard he was scouted during the second year, and he is the one who always plays near the basket,” Minzy said, while dusting, “No matter how much we look, Sehun is just pure perfection, isn’t he?”

Sehun giggled, it is always known that he had the effect on girls, well, on some girls.

Haru let out a disapproval sound, “Center,” she said, “he plays the center in the game just like Kris, and he’s not the only one scouted that early, Kris was too, and Sehun is not even close to perfection,”

“But Kris is,” Minzy mocked, “Honestly, he graduated like last year, you’re too late, and it’s like really funny that you, had a huge crush on him.”

Sehun smirked. She like Kris. Sehun thought she was just provoking him to get his attention, but it turns out that she genuinely dislikes him.

This week is going to be fun after all, he thought.

 

//

“I’ll leave after an hour,” Sehun said, while pulling the chair in front of her. “I can’t do this for straight 2 hours.”

“Can you lift your chair and not pull it?” Haru said, while typing, “It’s noisy.”

“Sorry.” Sehun apologized coldly. Then he started going through a few pages of reports and signed his signature in a few memorandums. He then looked up to Haru and saw she was typing, her eyes glued to the screen.

“Have you been to school basketball match before?” Sehun asked, breaking the silence. Haru briefly looked at him, before nodding, “Quite a few times actually, around last year.”

“What about this year?”

“No.” Haru shakes her head.

“Do you particularly cheer for someone?” Sehun asked with a smirk. Haru wriggled in her chair, clearing , “What do you mean?”

“You know, some like the shooting guard, some like the power guard,-”

“I like the one that plays the center,”

“I play the center,” Sehun said, immediately.

“I mean Kris. Not you.”

“You like him?”

“Yes,”

Haru regretted what she said almost instantly later, her eyes perplexedly stared at Sehun, who looks like he was trying hard to contain his laugh.

“Forget what I said,” Haru said, in a perfectly calm voice.

Sehun shakes his head, and lunged forward to take the coffee can beside her, but Haru grabbed it first and put it on her other side. “This is my coffee,” she said.

Sehun gave her a confused look. “So?”

“So don’t drink my coffee, you already drank one yesterday, and you are not supposed to drink here, this is a library.” she said hastily.

Sehun dropped back to his seat, “Rules don’t apply to me.”


Haru, hesitated and still glaring at him nervously. “It’s a secret.”

“What is?”

“That I like Kris.”

“I thought only friends keep secrets. We may need a friendship band if you keep up like this.” Sehun said, folding his arms. He studied her face carefully, amused with her gratiffying expression.

“Fine.” She said, putting the coffee can in front of him. “You can take the coffee.” She said, seriously.

“What?”

“You can drink this one, but promise me you won’t tell anyone about me liking Kris.”

Sehun let out a laugh, “So that is the worth of your secret? A coffee?”

Haru tried to argue but eventually went back to typing, and decided not to entertain Sehun any more on this matter. She seemed tired to argue.

“Fine, fine.” Sehun said, helplessly. “Your secret is safe with me, you don’t have to worry.”

Haru smiled a little, without looking at Sehun. Maybe its her lopsided smile, or the her awkwardness but something made Sehun stared at her a while.

“Is that why you don’t like me?” he asked slowly, opening the lid of the coffee can, “Because I took over Kris’s place. Because you think I’m not good enough if compared to him?”

Haru shot him a puzzled look, “I never said I hated you.”

“So you like me?”

“No.”


”What is it you’re trying to say?” He asked, as if he was talking to a child.

“I don’t hate you but I don’t like you either. I’m just not excited by you.”

Sehun chuckled listening to her. “You’re too direct,”

 “It’s already an hour.” She reminded.

Sehun raised his eyebrows to her, “What?”

“You said you’re not staying here for long.”

“Well, lucky for you. I’m staying a bit longer.”

 

//

“Cheers!”

The EXO members sat in a round table, clanking their glasses to one another.

“We have a match in 2 weeks, so, drink up and let’s win!” Sehun said, enthusiastically. Plates of chicken feet passed around, and one landed on Sehun’s plate and he looked disgusted by the sight of it.

“It’s a delicacy.” Baekhyun, said while shoving one into his own mouth. “It’s very tasty, you know.”

Sehun pushed the plate slightly to Kai, who sat beside him, “You can have it,” he said.

“So, how waffle-land with Hana?” Chanyeol asked.

“Haru.” Sehun corrected. He then poured himself a drink, “She’s not bad.”

“She’s good actually.” Kai interrupted. “She’s not very friendly, but she’s good.”

“How do you know her?” Sehun asked, nonchalantly.

“We were lab partners before.” Kai answered, drinking from his glass.

“And?” Sehun asked again.

Kai looked at him, but his eyes stared somewhere else, “She’s quite different, she looks cold on the outside, but she’s really nice when you know here.”

“Sounds like an interesting girl.” Chen said, and Baek Hyun choked on his drink, “What’s with this school talk while drinking. Let’s enjoy the beer first.”

Kyung Soo came in late, his face looked swollen and tired. “Overslept?” Suho, asked him. Kyung Soo nodded and dragged his chair to sit that made a sharp shriek.

“Lift your chair,” Sehun said, casually. “It’s noisy.”

//

“Sehun, since you have practice on morning, you don’t have to go, I’ll ask Haru to do it for you,” Lay said, picking up his bag . “I’m going to meet her anyways, so I’ll convey the message.”

“I can postpone the practice,” Sehun, said sipping his water.

“Why?” Lay asked, surprised, “You never postpone practices, and you hate to attend during afternoon.”

“I just wanted too, for a change.”

“For a change?” Lay asked, still surprised, “You sure-”

“Yes Lay, I’m sure of it, now help me carry Kai. He’s heavy.” Sehun said, and Lay took one of Kai’s arm and put it around his shoulder.