Pizza night

Mr. Not-so-perfect

“You’re doing it wrong!” she shrieked. “You must place your signature here, and your initials here.” She pointed at two different sections of paper.

“My brain don’t work in the morning,” Sehun admitted. He looked well rested, his thick black hair was combed nicely and his fair porcelain skin looked dewy. He was even smiling when Haru scolded him several times.

“I’m disappointed. I thought you’re a perfectionist.” Haru said, while shaking her head. She took the white out from her pencil case and start erasing the spot he did the mistake.

“I’m far from perfection. More like Mr. Not-so-perfect.” he admitted, while grabbing his other pen. Haru looked at his coyly. “I think you getting too comfortable with me.” She said. “Be careful who you trust and tell your problems too, not everyone who smiles at you are your friends.”

“I trust you,” He said, while smiling at her. He leaped forward against the table and patted her hair, “I really do.”

Haru looked at him as if he had lost his mind. “Stop it.”

“You remind me of my cat when you’re angry,” He joked. “My cat looks exactly like you. He glares at people all the time.”

Haru sighed short and warned him. “Don’t make any more mistakes, my whiteouts are running out because of you.”

“It’s almost 11.30, do you still wanna work? I’m done with my part, and you’re left with only a few pages.” He asked, “Don’t you want to go out for lunch?” he asked.

“Fine. Go for your lunch, I’ll clean up.”
”Where do you want to eat?” he asked spontaneously. “I like in and out. I’m sick of McDonalds and Burger King.”

Haru looked at him, as if she didn’t hear him clearly. “What?” she asked.

“Let’s go out to eat.” Sehun replied. “I’m buying.”

//

“Is there something on my face?” Haru asked while wiping her face with a tissue. She ordered chicken rice with soup for herself and Sehun just bought himself a bun.

“No.” Sehun shakes his head.

“Then why are keep on looking at me?”

“My eyes focuses on moving object, from what I observe, you don’t like green peas.” he stated.
Haru shakes her head as if she was denying it.

“Well you haven’t touch any on your plate.”

She took a spoonful of peas and stuff it in . She was slowly chewing it and shot a look at Sehun. “I like them. Who said I don’t?”

Sehun stares at her intently as she begin to shift in her seat, looking uncomfortable. “What’s wrong?” he asked, trying hard to suppress his laugh.

“I don’t feel good.” She admitted, reaching for a tissue paper on table and covered with it.

“You don’t have to force yourself to begin with!” He laughed, “Spit it out.”

“No way,” She took a glass of water and chuck it all in with a big sip. “That was horrible!”
”Then why did you order this?”

“This is the only one I can afford.” She said harmlessly. “It doesn’t taste that bad,” she said, looking at him, “Why don’t you order something else? Who eats bun for lunch?”

Sehun leaned back and crossed him arm in frustration, “Well, if you just listened to me, I might be eating something in a decent restaurant. Why would you insist eating in our college’s cafe?” He breathes, “You eat here everyday.”

“I told you, this is the only thing I can afford. I don’t like spending too much on food,” she paused and drank the soup, “And I don’t want to go out with you.”

Sehun looked at her in shock, “Why not?” he asked.

“Do you want the girls to gang up on me or something? I swear, its annoying to see how they treat you.”

“Well, its not my fault, some people are just born with good looks, I guess.” He laughed, “Although it does get a bit tiring to know the amount of attention you receive.”

Haru stared at him blankly, “Tiring?” she asked, out of curiosity, “How is getting attention tiring?”

“A lot of books, movies and poems says about unrequited love. But there is none about being the object of that affection. I tell you, when people say they like you for no reason, it is much scarier than being in love with a person you have no chance with.”

“What are you saying?” Haru asked, confusedly. She then stuff herself with a spoonful of rice. “This is heaven,” She said, pointing the rice using her spoon.

“Don’t you want some attention for yourself?” Sehun asked, staring elsewhere. “To be the popular kid like you see in the movies?”
”I guess I wouldn’t hate it,” She laughed, “But I can’t be one, can I?”

“You can if you want.”

“How?”
”You want to know how?”

Sehun leans forward towards the table and whispers, “Date me.” Haru scoffed and almost choked on her rice, “No thanks. I rather be the dull boring librarian till the end.”

”It’s the easiest way, date one of the EXO’s and you’ll automatically and immediately be popular. Of course, the most ideal pick would be me.” He said, as a matter of factly. “You just don’t know my worth.”

“I rather not.”

“Who do you like in our team?” he asked, casually straying out of topic.

“Lay!” she answers, almost a second later, looking excited.

“What a quick answer,” he teased. “Why?”

She drank the last bit of soup, “He’s kind.” She then reached for the bottle of water, “Really kind.”

“I don’t mean to spill the beans, but he’s nice to everyone. Not just to you.” He told, giving her the last piece of tissue.

“That makes him more likable then.” She replied wiping with it. “Let’s go.”

//

 

“You know Chanyeol?”
”The tall one?” Haru asked, while correcting the papers.

“Yes, he is probably the one I’m most closest to. He kinda understands, you know. The kind of person who knows what is wrong with you without asking. Next is Suho, well, if I wasn’t elected as a leader, he would probably be the next choice, he’s kind and he looks out for other members well. Then we have Baek Hyun, he is just a sly fox, and he’s talk to anything that wears a skirt.”

Haru was looking at Sehun tenderly. Maybe its the way he describes his friends. He seemed almost harmless at that time. He looked as if he was comfortable and safe talking about them. Something about the affection he has for his friends made him look sincere.

“What about you?” Haru asked, candidly. “What kind of person are you?”

“Its for you to tell.” He said, playfully gesturing her to start. ‘What do you think of me?”

“Let me think,” Haru said, leaning back on her chair, “You’re rude, arrogant, repulsive, shifty,” she mimicked as if she was counting, “Not to mention delusional.”

Sehun pulls of an irk face. He took a deep breath and released, “Is that all you have to say?”

“But somehow, you’re also nice, not too nice, but just nice.” She smiled. “You’re weird but I I guess that what makes you Oh Sehun.” She said.

Sehun looked like he was about to say something. “Will you still talk to me?” he asked, softly. “Even when all this work is done, will you still talk to me?”

“Sehun!” Krystal called him out of nowhere, before Haru could answer. She highlighted her beautiful brown wavy locks with a dash of pink. “How’s my new hair?” she asked, taking the empty seat beside him, looking enlivened. He nodded emotionless, cursing her under his breath for interrupting the conversation.

“There’s Suho’s birthday party tomorrow, I just want to look beautiful,” She added shyly. She then turned to look at Haru, who was smiling pleasantly. Krystal raised her eyebrow at Haru, as if she was waiting for an answer.

“It’s pretty.” Haru said meekly. It really looked good on her though, she thought.

Krystal grinned and started to fiddle with the tip of her hair. “So you going?” she asked Sehun.

He nodded again, completely looked uninterested in the chit chat. “I guess so.” he answered unenthusiastically.

“That’s great.” Krystal exclaimed. “Ah, but the way, can you let him off tomorrow?” she turned to ask Haru, her eyes widen in anticipation. “Please?”

“Oh! I almost forget.” Haru claimed, looking at Sehun, “tomorrow is the last day, since you’re done with your part., you don’t have to come.” She smiled, “I’ll do the rest.”

Sehun went rigid, he realized the week is almost over, and tomorrow is the last day. He won’t have a reason to come to library anymore, and she won’t probably talk to him any longer. His face looked perplexed.

“Are you sure?”, he stammered, “I think we need to recheck again. I don’t think I’ve completed my part.” His voice sounded anxious. Haru said nothing but only shakes her head.

“Good then!” Krystal clapped her hands, then looked at him, his face cold and remote.

//

“Are you inviting the girls over?” Kai asked, while toying with his iPhone. He sat on the sofa beside Kyung Soo. “All of them?”

Baek Hyun nodded while biting on his slice of pizza. “The more, the merrier.” Kai nodded and smile inwardly because he knew Krystal will be there. Kyung soo was reading magazine when he lifted his head and scanned the room. “Your room is messy.” He said to Lay.

“Shut up.” Lay chuckled, “Where’s Xiumin and Sehun?” he asked. Chanyeol poured himself a glass of pepsi and shrugged, “Xiumin, diarrhoea. And Sehun,” he takes a sip, “Don’t know. He didn’t reply to my message.”

“Is he on puberty? I swear his mood swings is driving me crazy,” Baek hyun commented. “Is he coming to the party?”

“I don’t know.” Suho replied. “I hope so. It’s not fun if he’s not there. Face time him.” he nudged Baek Hyun.

Baek Hyun pulled his cellphone and pretend to be shocked at his notifications. “Ignore, ignore, oh she’s cute, ignore. I’m just so famous.” He mumbles to himself while swiping the notification to the right one by one. He then pressed 9 on his speed dial and put it on the loud speaker.

It was long before Sehun picked the phone, “What?” he asked, unpleasantly. His black hair looked ruffled and he looked like he was sleeping all day long.

“Well hi to you too, ,” Baek Hyun answered, “Its pizza night today, where are you?”he asked. Chen took the biggest slice of pizza and showed it to the phone, “You’re missing this beauty.” he teased.

“Where’s Lay?” Sehun asked, while siting on his bed, “ Call him.”

Baek Hyun directed the phone to Lay.

“Come over.” Lay said. “We have started eating. We have peppero-”

“Regarding the work,” Sehun changed the topic. “Is it really okay if I skip tomorrow? Wouldn’t it be bothersome to you? I can go tomorrow if you want. I really don’t mind.” Sehun pleaded. He tried to sound cool, but deep inside he wanted Lay to ask him to go.

“You can go if you want to go.” Chanyeol interrupted, “I don’t think its fair for Hana to do all the work. You should go Sehun.” he said, sipping his pepsi.

“Are you crazy? He hates her, and you want him to go?” Baek hyun chided. “You don’t have to Sehun, and plus we’re having a party tomorrow.”

“Yes, you don’t have to.” Lay sided with BaekHyun, “The work is almost to finish, and you won’t really do anything even if you go there tomorrow.” He said.

 

Sehun clenched his jaw and run his hair through his already ruffled hair, “I’ll pass tonight guys,” he said, and pressed the hang up icon on screen. He laid on his bed and covered his face with a big pillow.

“Is she giving him a hard time?” Kyung Soo asked the boys, “He clearly looked pissed.”

“I think so, he said so himself before,” Suho added.

Chanyeol smirks and shakes his head, “You guys know nothing.”