First encounter

Mr. Not-so-perfect

“What a plain sight.” Sehun said, when she walked up to him. Haru pretended she didn’t hear his comment, after all, she’s used to being sneered by men all the time.

She took all the papers on the table without sparing a look at him, who still looked at her in disbelief, “What’s your name?” he asked.

Haru made no response. She checked all the papers and made sure all of them were signed by Sehun. She heard him clicking his tongue in annoyance, “I asked for your name.” he asked again, this time rather loudly.


”Kim Haru.” she answered. He scoffed, “Pretty name”, he strike again. “And you’re working with me for the whole week, I suppose?”

“Yes.” Haru answered absent minded.

“Of all the girls, and they picked the Plain Jane for me.” Sehun said, before taking his coat off the chair, and walked through out the door.

Haru felt the anger slowly creeping in her.

Snobbish bastard.

 

//

She was finishing through the papers. Her fingertips touched the keypad elegantly, as if they are dancing to a rhythm. She’s always been a fast worker.

“You’re really fast,”

Haru was startled with the sudden voice behind her back. She turned her head back and saw Sehun’s eyes were fixated on the screen, his mouth slightly gaping wide.

“Hmm.” she nodded, and turned to face the screen again.

Sehun walked and took the seat across her, he pulled his chair and it made a loud noise.

Haru breathed deeply in annoyance.

Don’t pay attention to him. She reminded herself several times.

Instead of doing his part of work, Sehun glanced around the room, and saw no one. Then his eyes landed on Haru again, who was busy typing. Her eyes was darting from the paper on the desk and to the screen. Her fingers were quick and she rarely made any mistake.

“What are you majoring in?” He asked.

Haru didn’t answer.

“I’ve never seen you in my faculty.”

Again, she gave no response to him.

Sehun scanned her face and clenched his jaw hard, “You’re pretty ignorant.”

He took her coffee can and opened the lid. “Do you have a boyfriend?” he asked. “I’ll keep asking until I get an answer.”

“Do I look like I have a boyfriend?” Haru, answered, slightly annoyed that he took her coffee without her permission.

He chuckled, “No wonder you’re so miserable.” he said. “What a boring life. You have no boyfriend, got no looks and no-”

“So you’re saying that you need someone else in order for you to be happy?” Haru snapped. “Who’s miserable now?”

“The best part of having a couple is sharing your life, with someone else. Right, your life must be not good enough to share.” Sehun cuts her, defensively.

“I heard you never had a girlfriend, that puts you in the same page as me.”

“Not that I can’t, I just don’t want to.”

“Whatever sails your boat.”

 

Sehun glared at her, his nostril flared with anger, “Careful now, you don’t want to mess with me.” He hissed.
”I’m not messing with you, I’m just answering your question.” She said, forcing her smile. It took all the patience not to roll her eyes at him.

Sehun rose from his seat and leaned forward, his palms pressing against the table, “Do you realize who you’re talking to? I’m Oh Sehun,” he said, “The captain of the EXO basketball team, and who are you?” he insulted.

“Kim Haru.” She said, finishing the last portion of her work, looking completely unbothered by the 6-feet angry figure in front of her.

“I’ve never heard about you.” He snickered.

"I can say the same," She closed her laptop and pushed her chair back. She hugged her laptop to her chest and walked out of the room, not looking at Sehun who clearly looked provoked.

 

//

“She’s a bint, honestly, she’s one rude bint.” He said, while quaffing alcohol in the glass.

“You beast!” Baek Hyun squeaked. “That is not the way to drink booze, you gotta dilute it first with water before drinking.”

“Leave him, he’s mad now.” Chen joked, patting Sehun’s shoulder. “Lay arranged the order for the groups, you can ask him to change if you don’t want to work with that girl.”

“Who?” Kyung Soo asked, signaling Chen for the bag of chips.

“Kim Hana.” Chanyeol answered.

“Kim Haru,” Sehun corrected, “My name is Kim Haru.” He mocked in Haru’s voice. “Honestly, she’s so annoying. I rather work with Sulli.”

“Aren’t you over exaggerating it? Who is their own right mind would want to work with creepy Sulli?” Baek Hyun joked, “I wouldn’t, I rather die.”

Suho nodded, agreeing with Baek Hyun.

“Wait, Kim Haru, as in, the librarian?” Kyung Soo asked, raising his eyebrow.

“You know her?” Sehun’s brows furrowed.

“Kai talked about her a few times. I can’t remember quite clearly.” Kyung Soo said, while pouring himself a drink.

Sehun looked over Kai, who is sleeping deeply after just a few drinks beside Kyung Soo.

“He really can’t handle his drink,” Suho joked.

Lay entered the room with a bunch of files in his hand, “Starting early, aren’t we?”

“Yeah, we did, for Sehun.” Chanyeol replied, gesturing Lay to sit down.

“What’s wrong?” Lay asked innocently to Sehun, while handing his glass to Chen for a fill.

“Why on earth you paired me up with her?” Sehun asked directly, “Of all other girls, why a librarian?”

Lay giggled, “Because she’ll do your part for you, I know you’ll be busy with practices, and I thought I should pair you up with someone who actually does work.” He gulped down his beer, “She quite efficient.”

“She is. But that’s not the problem,” Sehun said in frustration, “She’s rude. She’s so- rude.”

“It’s only for a week, bear with it,” Lay said, “You don’t have to talk to her if you don’t want to.”

“I don’t even want to see her face,” Sehun said, drinking the last bit of the booze from his glass.