Breakdown

Life Is A Puzzle

 

Kim Sujin

I was humming a song to Woojun. Enjoying to spend time with him. Singging songs for him as I painted. He loved to dirty my wall with his hands, leaving his fingerprints everywhere in the room, making YongGuk frown as he saw our son art on the walls. I switched to non toxic paint to make sure it won't get WooJun sick.

I was painting really focused when I heard the ring bell. I went to wash my hands and came to open the door holding WooJun on my hip. I opened the door to find YongMi and Himchan enter my house. Wait, why are they here and not at work ?  « We need to talk to you. »

 

« Oh. Something happened ? »

 

Himchan sighed and slowly nodded. I lead them to the couch and  He TV when he made sure I was comfortably sit on the couch.

« A woman this morning made irruption in the court room as the audience was over and took her ex husband as her target. The woman is identified. Kim Hana thirty years old. »

 

My heart missed a beat when they said she was armed. I tried to calm myself and despite trying to understand more of what the reporter was saying, I couldn't. My brain couldn't register more than the two first sentences. YongMi came to my arm. «They're waiting for the good moment to enter the court. Everything will be fine. »

Woojun asked for me to hold him and I took him in my arms, kissing his forehead. I focused on his smile. He had no idea his dad was suffering right now. « I'm going to take a shower and I'll come with you guys. »

 

*

Bang YongGuk

I looked at Hana sit with ease at the judge seat. Putting her gun at evidence on the table. I was sit perfectly calm.

« So she doesn't want to see me,huh ? It's a blessing for you right ? »  She got closer to me and took my bag and made the content fall on the floor. She took my phone and froze a bit looking at my background.

«Who is she ? »

This is the first time I regretted not having a lock on my phone. She sat next to me and got in my photos. « Oh again that woman with my daughter.»

She looked at a few  more  photos and laughed. «So you're married and no one told me. No even my own mother. She always liked you a lot more than me anyways. »

« It's none of your business. » I reminded her. She looked hurt in her ego, when she was the one who cheated on me the whole time we spent as a couple. She hit me a first time with the gun, on the face. It hurted pretty bad.

«What about Taeyang ? She gets along with her stepmother this is why she doesn't want to see me ? Oh is that a baby ? You got a baby recently, how charming. » She keeps scrolling my photos, getting into my intimacy. « Oh your wife had some nice doesn't she ? »

 

« What do you want ? » I said, getting annoyed by her question. Her luring on my wife felt particulary wrong.

« Honestly, I just want to punish you, I'm 100% sure you didn't even ask her. Taeyang isn't your property. »

 

« And you'll think I'll let you meet her when you wander around with a gun. » I responsed, defensive. I had no idea what the security guards were trying to do. Letting me with such a creep. It's been two hours she told me to sit on my chair and not to move. I listened to her carefully. I didn't want to risk any injuries because of her gun. She looked like a psychotic and I was honestly afraid for my life at this point.

 

I thought about my son Woojun singing to me this morning to keep calm and graced my wedding ring. When I kissed them goodbye this morning, I had no idea I would be held captive by my ex wife and fear for my life.  Hana considered my silence and took her gun on her table. She sat on my desk and placed the gun above my head.

«You didn't change, even after all those years. The worst is that now you got a gun. Wonderful. »

She was confused.

« You don't remember hitting me ? Bruising me until you would cry in my arms begging my pardon. You don't remember that ? » Toxic. Hana was toxic, distorting realty to her fantasies, always making me the bad one in that relationship

« You ruined my life !! I couldn't stand your view and you searched for my company all the time. » Angry, she hitted my face with the gun several times, my eye hurted for a bit but at least, she didn't shoot. I touched my left eye and the thick texture on my hand confirmed it, I was bleeding.

 

Hana looked geniusly sincere. I sighed. « You could have been more nice Hana. You could have told me long ago. Instead you let your girlfriend come and ask for our divorce.»

 

« What difference would it make ?  You would have been heartbroken anyways. » She reluctantly said. She dropped her gun on the table and cried. «Boyoung was nice. She wanted to tell you a long time ago. Oh YongGuk, she was the only nice one between us. »

 

«Yeah you're right. She would be angry at you for what you did today. » I said quietly. Maybe it was my only way out. Talking about her only weakness Boyoung.

 

Hana froze. « You think so ? »

 

I nodded slightly. « I'm pretty sure she would. »

 

Hana stayed silent for a while. Then, started to cry, proving my point, she emotionnaly unstable.  I took her hand. «Think about how proud you always wanted her to be about you. »

*

Kim SuJin.

I came with Woojun, feeling like I needed my universe next to me. We were in the camera room in a room upstairs, far from the Court room where my husband was held captive.

« Do you think we should enter ? She isn't holding her gun anymore. » The security guard asked.

YongMi looked doubtful. « He knows where the cameras are. He'll send a sign if he really wanted us to come in. »

We waited for hours in that room. They talked and talked again. Hana was holding her gun and speaking with her hands moving all around her. When she hit him with her gun, my heart lost a beat and I gasped. I was baffled atthis. YongGuk had enough of her speaking yet always answered with a polite manner. He suddenly took her hand, making me feel uneasy. As I looked at him talk to her, she cried and cried again, yelling at him. She hit him again and I hissed. I couldn't bear that view anymore. Why didn't he defend himself? I exited the room with Woojun and found myself surrounded by reporters.

« Are you the wife of Bang YongGuk held here in the Court ? »

« Do you have some words to say ? »

I was at loss of words and it's YongMi that came to see me. « My client here won't say a word. » She nagged them about their presence here and they went away annoyed. «Thanks you I wasn't expecting this. »

 

«I have your back.» YongMi lead me to a small meeting room with huge windows. « Wait here okay ? I know it's making you stressful to see what's happeninng. Everything will be fine. »

Woojun that was asleep on my shoulder got up and I smiled. "Hey little one." I made him eat his smashed veggies. He looked just fine, talking to me gibberish. « Mommy, home ? I want to go home. »

He cried a little against my chest until I comforted him. « Yeah little one, we can't go home for the moment, we have to wait here, mommy is deeply sorry. »

YongMi came in with a hot coffee for me and chocolate milk for Woojun. She played a bit with him, looking at me sip my coffee. «She's such a troublemaker.»

 

I nodded eyes on WooJun. Gosh, if not for me, God let YongGuk come home, his son needs him, all of his kids do. «I just fear so much for his well being. »

 

We stayed on the couch as I looked at Woojun slowly falling asleep. I felt anxious now. This is the exact moment Taeyang and Moonah chose to burst in the room. « Mom you didn't call us ! The director of our school just told us. Really mom. »

 

I blinked. « Oh yeah I should have called you but I thought maybe somehow it would have been finished soon. »

 

Taeyang bursted in tears. « Everything is my fault. She thinks dad lied to her, huh ? » I shook my head coming closer to her. I hugged her and she sobbed in my arms. « It's Hana fault, she's the one that is holding him captive in that room. »

 

Moonah came to hug her. « Everything is going to be fine. Can I go to the computer room ? »

 

I sent her daggers. No way a teen is going to see her dad being hurt by a crazy woman ! « No you can't. You stay here with me. And anyways how did you manage to enter ? The reporters are everywhere ? »

 

« We found a way don't worry. »

I almost smiled at Moonah sassy answer. Sometimes she behaved like Kang Joon, without even trying. It was just her nature changing. She sighed and took WooJun in her hands, greeting him. I ruffled Tae' hair. She never cut them. Both of my girls loved their long straight jet black hair while  I kept my hair short, cutting them after my honeymoon. It was easier to maintain. We hugged on the couch, being united in this

 

YongMi suddenly bursted in the room. « He's out. YongGuk is out. Hana was dragged down by police. »

 

I took a deep breath and we got downstairs pretty fast. YongGuk was surrended by reporters, explaining briefly the situation. His left side of his face was bruised and even a bit aswollen. I kept track of Taeyang and Moonah. « Stay here. I don't want you to meddle with reporters. » YongMi told them, in a harsh tone. Taeyang nodded, febrile and I hugged her.

 

He looked good enough. His left brow was bleeding and he had bruises on his face but he was okay. He talked with a quiet, calm voice for someone that just got held up by a crazy woman.

 

The reporters asked him tons of questions and he answered with short  answers. At some point Taeyang just ran to his side. « Dad !! »

I looked at her run thought the reporters that let her reach him, followed by Moonah and their brother. YongGuk was surprised of seeing Taeyang that hugged him tighly. She sobbed in his arms, burrying her face in his chest. Moonah just held his arms, letting WooJun see his dad. « Kids ... »

« Which one is Hana daughter ? »

 

« Can we have an interview of Taeyang ? »

 

« Is that your recent child with your new wife Bang WooJun ? »

 

YongGuk took time to cover their head with his vest. « My children won't talk to any reporters, now excuse me, I need to go to the police station. »

 

He asked the policeman something and  walked away  from the reporters. Yongguk was holding Woojun in his arms, hiding his face and a protective arm around Taeyang still crying. He suddenly stopped himself, eyes looking around. The reporters behind him suddenly yelled.  « This is the wife, Kim Sujin, can we have your thoughts on what just happened ? »

«Did you know Hana was back in Korea ? »

« People said he cheated on her with you, can you confirm that ? »

I was suddenly surrounded by them and felt really oppressed. YongMi tried to come to my side without success.

« Can you say a word ? SBN News ? »

They kept trying to talk to me and I stayed silent. I felt suddenly a arm drag me and YongGuk came to my side, WooJun hugging him tighly. « My wife won't make any statement. »

He lead me to the elevator, the policemen were here with our kids plus YongMi, YongGuk was still holding my hand.

I wasn't able to say a single word to him. YongGuk kissed my forehead. « I made you worry a lot, right ? I'm sorry. »

 

I looked at his face, despite his bruise, he smiled to me. I shook my head. « It's not your fault. » My voice cracked and I turned myself. Not here in public. Not when my children can see me, please no. They need me right now, especially Taeyang. My husband my back. « Everything is fine. Fine. »

 

« Can we go home ? Or do you have to go to the police station ? » YongMi asked him. A police officer was still next to him, as if waiting for something.

 

« I need to deposit my testimony. Press charges against her. Go home and sleep a bit, I'll be here as soon as it's over, okay ? » He hugged the girls and his son before kissing my forehead gently. He left with the policeman as YongMi dragged me to her car. We drove there in a complete silence, I made sure to hug Taeyang, as Moonah chose to sit in the front with her aunt. I pecked Tae' forehead, trying to make her feel better. YongMi parked herself in front of our house and my arm gently. « Rest a bit tonight okay ? Mom told me she's coming, it's okay for you ? »

 

«Yeah, I'm sure she was shocked. You should go home, you need to reassure your family, okay ? Hmm thanks for today.»

I exited the car, took WooJun in my arms and the girls followed me. As we sat in  front of TV, I saw with horror, our pictures were on every news channel. Somehow the incident of today interested a lot of koreans. « Oh mom look, a reporter took a footage of you with dad. »

« Oh they have your wedding photos !! » TaeYang added, as Moonah hugged her nicely. Moonah was a good elder sister, comforting her little sister and taking care of WooJun fairly well. She was a huge emotional support for Taeyang and I was proud of her for that. I came between them and kissed each of my kids.

«After his first marriage, Lawyer Bang found himself what he describe ''a perfect wife'' he's now the happy father of three and a husband to Mrs Kim Sujin, a painter. »

I blushed looking at the little footage of YongGuk hugging me after he was released at the Courtroom. It was so intimate and it was on TV … Gosh. I looked at the footage of YongGuk walking out with our kids and the one of me, speechless in front of reporters. I suddenly changed the channel to Poporo cartoons, making WooJun giggle.

« Girls, I want you to stop checking news. It's stressful. »

I ordered food, eyes on Woojun, he was whiny today but with help of TV he was good enough. He was used to his dad spending all of his free time with him and was missing him. He suddenly became moody and cried. I tried to calm him when the front door ringed. His parents came as soon as they heard the news. I let them enter and served them something to drink, waiting for the food to to be delivered.

« Ohh gosh she's really the worst. » My mother-in-law said really furious. Taeyang became livid and I came to her side, hugging her.

I  cleared my throat. « Can we not insult the woman that gave birth to Taeyang in front of her ? She already thinks it's her fault. »

My mother-in-law nodded, a little ashamed and  smiled. « Thanks god you're here darling. »

We chitchatted a bit and I looked at Song Jun play with his grandson. YongGuk and him looked alike. Enough so that I knew how YongGuk would look like at this age.

We ate the delivery food all together, my mother in law softly hugging Taeyang. « My darling, I'm sorry this happened. You are just a kid, you saw all of that, right. »

Taeyang was motionless. I looked at her stare at her food without eating it. « Taeyang, you need to eat. » I simply said. She gasped as if I just woke her up from a bad dream and took a piece of meat. I came in front of her.

"Taeyang, it's over, nothing happened to your dad. You have to eat something and be strong okay ?"  I took some rice and helped her to eat. Doing that, she ate a lot more. I kissed her cheeks. "Good job, my precious child !"

Song Jun suddenly came to my side. «Can I bath him ? »

« Of course, I'll show you the products to use. » I explained to him what to do and soon, my mother in law came, not resisting spending time with her grandson. I looked at my parents-in-law play with Woojun in his bath and laughed as he drenched his grandpa completely.

«He's playful. » Song Jun said. I nodded. « He always does that with YongGuk. And YongGuk never corrected that bad habit. He always take forever to bath Junie anyways. »

« You don't bath Woojun ? »He asked pretty shocked.  I smiled. « It's their moment. I have all day to enjoy Woojun company. »

« Who stole my precious time with my son tonight ? » I heard a low voice behind me. I gasped seeing YongGuk.

«You cameback fast. » I said to him.

« They had the footage anyways. » WooJun squealed seeing his dad and YongGuk kissed his hand. « I'm sorry I ditched our bathtime tonight. You got your grandparents to take care of you, huh ? »

He greeted his parents and got them to make WooJun sleep tonight too then entered Taeyang room. I understood they needed to talk it out and felt somehow useless. His parents were playing with Woojun, Moonah was already sleeping, shocked by today events.

I headed to the laundry room and started to separate our clothes by colors to clean them. I did a laundry and as the machine was on, I was sad and still shaky. I needed a good bath and sleep to forget all bout this.

I was sitting on the floor staring at the laundry machine, I was in between two furnitures, almost hiding. I fell asleep against the wood furniture and woke up when a hand caressed my cheek. I opened my eyes and YongGuk looked at me with worried face. «Su' you scared me. I had trouble to find you. I thought you left the house and it scared me so much. What are you doing sleeping here ?»

I turned myself to him and he looked hurt, his left side of his face was still bruised. A pad was on his eyebrow to prevent bleeding and he looked bad. « Does it hurt ? »

He had a loud sigh. « Can I talk to you, Sujin ? »

« What did you want to- ? »

He shut me up by applying his lips on mine. I was surprised yet responded to his kiss fairly well. He lifted my feet to make them cross around his waist. He was against the door and we kissed with passion for a long moment. He stopped himself to pull away yet insisted, butterfly kissing on my neck. . «I'm glad we've had that conversation. » He told me.

I laughed and he touched my cheek as my feet reached back the floor. «God you laughed. »

*

Bang YongGuk

I thought it would make her smile yet Sujin turned herself showing her back to me. She was sobbing. I came to hug her. «I thought about you dying. YongGuk don't leave me alone huh ? »

«And you wouldn't be alone, you had three marvellous kids. »

She pulled me away. « You would let me raise three kids alone !! I can't do that. Don't let me become a widow so fast. If you do that, I will tell horrible things to WooJun about his dad.»

«You don't think a single thing you just said. »

«Don't let me alone. YongGuk, I can't bear that, it would break me in tiny pieces. »

I looked at Sujin crying like a child. She came in my arms asking for a hug. I comforted her as she cried. Soon enough, she was sleepy against my body and I took her in my arms. As I walked in direction of my room, my parents went out of Woojun room and looked at me with wide eyes. I dropped her on the bed. She needed to rest properly. I came to meet them.

« How is Sujin ? The poor little thing. She behaved like a strong rock with the kids and yet .. »

 

«She had a rough day too. » I simply explained.

*

Kim Sujin

I woke up in the middle of the night, with a nightmare. I woke up with a gasp, tears wetting my pillow and cries making my body tremble. YongGuk woke up, probably alarmed by my sobbs. I went to the bathroom connected to our room to sit on the bathtub and cry. As I did that YongGuk came to open the door. «Hey you're still crying ? »

« I'm so thanksful you're sleeping next to me. Yesterday it could have been the last. » I managed to say to him.

YongGuk brought me back to the bed and hovered me. « Please don't cry. Nothing happened, everything is fine. » He kissed my neck, trying to make my sobbs stop and I moaned. We looked at each other, I was hot and desire was here. I wanted him to make me his tonight. «I feel like I need to make you feel my love, huh ? » He whispered in my ear

That's how we ended up making passionate love at 2am, the morning after YongGuk was held captive. Maybe he needed that as much as I did, some well needed physical interaction to relieve stress and make our body relax. My husband kissed a last time my shoulder and I felt asleep right after that. When I woke up, YongGuk wasn't in bed anymore. I stood up and ran outside of the room. Hearing laughters from the bathroom, I slowly approached the room.

 

« Yeah bathing with dad is always the best, right , » I looked at the scene with loving eyes, YongGuk barely clothed except for him boxer was bathing his son. Woojun lively was splashing him with water. But YongGuk only laughed at such rebellion. My son saw me and yelled « mommy »

I came to kiss him and he stopped to move his arms. « Su', you're here. »

Woojun instantly reduced his arms movements, knowing very well that I hated that. I was less leniant tha his dad on the subject. YongGuk kissed my forehead. «Slept well ? »

« Yeah, I did slept well ; I'm just happy life goes on. » He hugged me tightly and I stayed here, maybe as happy as my son getting to bath. YongGuk gave me a worried look yet I shook my head. « I'm really fine. »

 



I edited this chapter today for you !!