Worries

Life Is A Puzzle

Bang YongGuk July 2011

 

Should I call Sujin ? They said around two days.I went to work, my mind full of questions about our baby and his health. I wasn't really working. YongMi entered the room clapping in her hands.

« I'm not in the mood. » I warned her, grumpy.

My sister sighed and sat in the chair in front of me, crossing her legs. « How was it ? Did you get the ultrasound photo ? » She insisted.

 

« We ... » I didn't get the photos. I was sure Sujin shoved it in her bag and never touched it again.  I took a deep breath. « They made further examens, it seems that something is wrong and they are not informing us at all. Sujin is defeated and I ... »

I couldn't finish my sentence.

My sister  hugged me. « Oh Gosh YongGuk breath, I don't want you to get a panic attack right now. Your family needs you. »

 

I calmed myself and Yongmi looked at me with sorry eyes. « Go back home. »

 

« It's not even noon. » I weakly protested.

YongMi applied her hands on my cheeks.  « I said go back home. Your wife needs you and you can't work with your mind like this. »

 

I listened to my sister and took some files to read and drove back home. I opened the door. « Sujin ? »

The house was quiet. I searched for her in the house and opened our bedroom to find her sleeping peacefully. I sighed out of relief. Seeing Sujin sadness was heartbreaking. Surviving her silence was an hard task so I  thanked god she was still in wonderland. I cooked some rice and fried a few eggs, trying to make a nice meal for my wife and myself. I had no intention to wake her up, but she could eat once she would be up. 

*

As I was doing laundry, the phone ringed. I didn't have time to  answer right away and had to call them back.

« Hello ? »

 

« Yes, it's Busan hospital. We're looking for a Kim Sujin ? Is it the right number ?» A female voice asked me.

 

« I'm her husband. »

 

« Yes, we ran tests yesterday and they gave nothing concluant. We thought we had see something worring but there's nothing alarming. Your baby is developing very well. »

 

I released a breath I didn't realize I was holding. He was fine. Our baby was fine.

« Well, hello ? » The voice said, worried by my silence. I tried to vocalize my emotions. « Oh  it's just great. Hm, thanks for the good news. »

 

I ended the phone call and went to wake up Sujin. « SUJIN »

 

My wife opened  her eyes and frowned. She always needed some time on the morning to wake up.

 

« He's fine.  Our baby is doing well, he's an healthy little peanut. »

 

Sujin  took a moment to understand.

"The hospital just called to say that." I explained to her. Sujin wiped a stray tear and smiled. «I'm so relieved. Gosh. » She hugged me and I smiled, I found back my nice and happy wife. « Thanks God. » I whispered

 

She clapped in her hands. « Right. We should go and thank him. I'll get dressed and we'll go okay ? »

 

 

*

Kim Sujin

I read confusion on YongGuk face and giggled. « I meant God. Would you drive me to the church ? »

He blushed. « Okay. »  As I came back to him with a nice flowery dress, he looked amused. « You sure look good to go to church. »

 

I showed him the road,  not helped by the fact YongGuk wanted to kiss my hand giving him directions everytime. He parked in front of the little church and I got out of the car. « I'll try to be quick. »

 

I entered church and paid for a candle. I sat down and prayed. After a while, I felt steps. I had lost dimension of time. Maybe I prayed for ten or twenty minutes. I raised my head and looked YongGuk enter the church.Resuming  my activities, I came to his side. « You didn't have to enter. »

 

« I wanted to thank him too. » YongGuk said, with a slight blush.

 

« Oh. »

 

He looked around and smiled to me. « Show me what to do. »

 

I brought him to buy a candle and we lightened it up together. As I struggled to find back where I put my candle, YongGuk laughed. Then we sat on the bench and I joined his hands together. I looked at YongGuk pray and suddenly felt bad for him. My reaction to those checks up was too overly  dramatic. I lost my sense of appetite and didn't even get to do complete sentences to explain him the tests the staff ran on me for all those long hours.He must have worry a lot. Wait to begin with, he didn't go to work ? Or came back home as I saw him sporting his  regular suit. I looked at him eyes closed and still very focused. He slowly opened his eyes and  grabbed my hand. « Let's go. »

 

We exited the church and got back in the car. He looked at me shy and cleared his throat. « Can I kiss your belly ? »

 

I laughed at such bluntness and nodded. YongGuk came to whisper at my bump. « Hey baby thanks for being healthy. » 

I his head and we stayed in that embrace for a moment. My stomach suddenly growled and YongGuk laughed. « Is it the baby speaking ? Or hunger ? »

 

I blushed. « I didn't eat yet. »

 

My husband widened his eyes and stood up in the second he heard that. « Hop on that car. I need to feed you. »

 

We drove until we saw a restaurant. He entered the shop and greeted the old lady. «What can I give you ? » She asked with a nice smile.

 

« What would you recommend for a pregnant lady ? » My spouse bluntly asked with a foolish smile on.

 

I suddenly blushed. « YongGuk. »

« What , I can't say it even here ? » He said with a  pout.

 

The old lady chuckled. « I'd make a delicious  bone soup with vegetables for the mom-to-be. What about the future father ? »

 

« I'd take the same. » He said with assurance. We sat down and YongGuk served me a glass of water.  «I'm so happy. »

 

I smircked. « but  You're frustrated right ? Because you want to tell it to the world ?

 

« I want to call my parents and tell them about the good news and my coworkers our friends and our daughters. I just want to scream it on the streets so everyone would know. And dance on a happy song to celebrate it. »

 

« You can have your happy dance anytime. » I said with a grin. The old lady came back with the soup and I ate all of my plate, appetite coming back to me. I felt full and laughed at the sight of my belly. It became slightly rounder as I ate the big bowl of soup. YongGuk sighed, relieved. "I worried so much for you."

I took his hand. "I wanted to apologize. I didn't react in a logical sense. I just hated that all of that started again and just  tired of life. It went out of proportions."

 

YongGuk shrugged. " Next time try to rely on me and not stay silent, okay ?" I nodded and he pointed to his kiss as an apology I owned him. I gladly gave him some apologies.

 

*

 

The next morning, I woke up and ran straight to the toilets. I threw up and stayed here on the floor for a few minutes, still nauseous. As YongGuk came to my side, I vomited back in the toilets. He kneeled to my side and my back. « Do you think it's over ? »

I was going to answer when I threw up again. We waited for a while and I rested my head on the toilet seat almost asleep. Soon, YongGuk shoke my body. « Darling, let's sleep elsewhere okay ? »

 

Soon, he helped me to brush my teeths and I was back in bed with him.

It quickly became my daily routine. Wake up and throw up. After a few days of this morning sickness, I was exhausted and disgusted by any breakfast odor. Yet I tried to get really secretive about it.

 

« Mom, mom. »

 

I felt my body shake and sighed. « Let me alone. »

 

« Mom did you eat something bad ? »

 

I opened my eyes at the mention of 'Mom'. Taeyang was looking at me, in her pajamas. We were sunday. No school. No work. YongGuk didn't wake up today when I left the bed so I stayed here after throwing up. I slept on the toilets seat. I blushed and stood up slowly.

 

«Good morning Tae, yeah maybe I ate something bad. »

 

My daughter had an amused smile and took a step back. « Mom go and take a shower you stinks. »

 

I removed my clothes and she exited the room pretty quickly. « See you when you'll be clean. »

 

*

Bang YongGuk

 

The next morning, I was slowly waking up to Sujin throwing up and fall back asleep without even trying. As I slowly woke up, I found a strange view. Moonah was staring at her mom, fascinated by the view. Sujin was sleeping on the toilets seat, with sweat wetting her hair. Suddenly, Moonah bursted in laughters at that view and I did the same. Taeyang ran to us, curious of the reason of our laugh.

 

« Wait Mom is sleeping on the toilets seat again ? Is is sick ? » Taeyang asked, worried.

 

The subject finally woke up and wiped . « Gosh. » She finally realized we were staring at her. I kneeled to her side and helped her to stand up. Taeyang flushed the toilets with disgust on her face and I laughed. «Mom you're sick for real ? Yesterday you threw up too. » Taeyang asked again, now really worried about her mom.

 

Sujin blushed. Moonah came to her side and rested her hand on her forehead. « You don't seem to have a fever. »

 

Sujin looked like a lost sheep. «Tell them YongGuk. »

 

The girls turned to my side and I felt some stress now, feeling their pressure. « What is happening to Mom ? »

 

I looked at Sujin that nodded. Moonah suddenly sobbed. « Mom is ill, am I wrong ? Or else why would she throw up so regulary ? She looks so pale and skinny. »

 

The view of Moonah tears was unbearable for me and I brought her closer to me in a hug. « Your mom is pregnant. We're welcoming a little baby in our family soon. »

 

They turned themselves to their mom and Sujin smiled awkwardly. « Do you want to touch my belly ? »

 

Taeyang came and hugged her belly, kissing it. I was still expecting Moonah reaction. She wiped her stray tears away and got closer to her mom. « Such a relief. »

She hugged Sujin and said pretty loudly. « I forbid you baby to hurt my mom. I know you have ears so act in consequences. »

We all laughed at this cute reaction and she blushed. I came to hug them all and the girls whined. « Mom this stain on your shirt touched my face, yeurkkk !!! »

 

Sujin had red cheeks and pushed us away. « I need a shower. Leave. »

 

I decided to . « Even me ? »

 

« DAD » Taeyang said horrified.

 

« I didn't hear anything. » Moonah said before exiting the room. Sujin looked at me with an annoyed expression and pushed me outside the room. I blinked not realizing she just did that. Taeyang looked at me really amused. « Got thrown outside ? »

 

I lifted her and spinned her body. « DAD leave me alone. »

 




Here a fresh chapter for you. I hope 2018 had been sweet for you this month.

I noticed I gained some subcribers, thanks you for reading and supporting my story !!