Family

Life Is A Puzzle

Bang YongGuk

I woke up and froze seeing a small frame next to me. I looking precisely at her she was still sleeping, her hand grabbing my shirt in a sweet way, her hair falling on her face in the cutest way. I sighed and hugged her, before closing back my eyes. I was used to Hana long hair tickle me while we sleep next to each other, but Sujin cute bob hair was so nice to touch. In fact, it's been so long I didn't sleep next to a woman that it felt like the first time, so foreign and ... weird yet it was nice feeling her warm body against mine and her peaceful breath.

 

It must have hurt. Knowing only one man and having him crush her heart this way. But she grew up as a independant mom. I admired her for that.  It felt good to have confessed to her. I was deep in thoughts about her story as a mom and the ring bell surprised me.

I left the room and went to open the door with sleepy eyes.  My sister pushed me out of the way and I looked at my sister enter with a smile « I brought breakfast. My husband is taking care of the children today so I thought that I could spend this morning with you. »

 

I widened my eyes as she entered and put her things on the table. She looked at me with curious eyes. I sat a minute with her. « Ahh I've brought your vest back. Let me put it back in your closet. »

 

She walked to my door and  I said quickly. « It's okay I can do it. »

 

She looked at me with her annoyed face and I took her hand, leading her to the kitchen. Now she was ready for questionning me all morning long. I sighed. Now it was time to give her update on my love life. « I have someone over. »

 

« What ?  Himchan ? » She said confused on my behavior.

 

I sighed. Of course. I had to reveal everything now. « A woman. Let her sleep. »

She looked at me with her percing eyes and looked at the door closely. "So this is why you asked me to babysit Moonah yesterday ? To hire a e ?"

 

I widened my eyes. "Noona you're crazy !! She's a regular woman okay. She's the mother of Taeyang bestfriend."

 

The door opened on a half sleeping Sujin. I forgot how loud my sister was when arguing. Both women looked at each others in shock. Sujin readjusted her glasses on her nose in a cute way  and looked at Yongmi with curious eyes. Then, she turned over me, her body language asking for me to explain myself.

 

« Sujin, here's my older sister, Bang YongMI ; and Noona here is Kim Sujin. »

 

Sujin cheeks became rosy and she bowed to my sister with respect. My sister stayed silent, eyes scrutinizing Sujin and it became quickly awkward. « Ahh, hmm you must have a tons of things to talk about, I'll take my leave right now. »

 

Sujin gave me a half smile before leaving. I sighed and looked at my sister.  « How do you want me to date if you do this ? »

 

YongMi looked at me with wide eyes. « YongGuk she's your girlfriend ? » We sat on the couch as I told her about Sujin. I didn't know in which order I should talk about her. The fact that she's a single mom ? That for the first time since I divorced, I feel giddy and crazy in love ? Her marvellous job ?

 

As my sister asked me questions, tons of questions, she smiled.  « She looks like a nice girl. You look happy.»

 

I nodded. « So  you still feel the need to rip her heart out of her chest ? » She laughed and grabbed my hand. "Sorry I just ... Everyone was fooled by Hana, I know it's ridiculous but if I can prevent any woman to hurt you ... I just froze seeing her, it was so sudden. Last time we met you were so convinced that you'll be single forever and now you have this woman who  warms your soul."

She punched my arm lightly and I sighed. Here a sign of love from her.

« Hubby is arriving this afternoon I think. I promised him I would do a cake for the kids so I should go and start right away. »

 

« Why my kitchen ? » I asked, bothered. YongMi was talented at making my kitchen a huge mess and leaving "because the children are tired you know" before cleaning it.

 

« It's quiet, clean and you have everything to bake and don't use it. So let me use that. You have my dream kitchen. Go and meet with your girlfriend. » qsqhe adviced me with teasing eyebrows.

 

I blushed and YongMi chuckled. « Gosh, she could never realize how lucky she is. »

 

I walked to Sujin flat quickly.  I looked at her surprised eyes while opening the doors. Her  apartment was in cleaning process and she quickly put the materials aside as we sat on the couch. « Sorry about my sister, she was really surprised. As I said you're the first girl I'm seeing after my failed wedding. »

 

Sujin shrugged « It's okay. So did I became your girlfriend overnight ? »

 

I scrached my head. « I mean you're okay with me being depressed ... right ?  Maybe I should ask you properly. »

 

She came to kiss my lips. «I do want to become your girlfriend. I'll be the luckiest girl of all Busan. »

 

« Only Busan? »

 

« I mean. Someone is waking up everyday with Lee Jong Suk. » I laughed and pecked her forehead. I explained her how my sister was close to Hana. They were almost bestfriends and then, Yongmi  felt so guilty. She felt as if she should have found out.

 

Sujin nodded, understanding why my sister wasn't the most welcoming being. As I talked I realized I didn't know much about her family. As I asked her about that, she smiled. "I have a older sister. But she's not really family tho."

"Half sister ?" I asked, surprised of that sentence.

She laughed. "She devoted her life to God, it's been a decade now. So you know."

I must have had a funny reaction because she bursted in laughs. I ended up laughing too. AS we catched back our breath, I pecked her lips and kissed her gently. After a passionated kiss, she pulled away, looking at the hour. "I have to pick up Moonah at the bus station of the village in twenty minutes. I must get ready, sorry."

 «It's okay. Should we have dinner together ?» She agreed right away and I patted her head. I kissed her lips a last time and walked back to my house. YongMi did a whole mess of my kitchen. « Ahh you're here, wash the dishes. »

 

I rolled my eyes before rolling my sleeves and started to wash the dishes. « So my brother found himself a girlfriend ? »

As I slowly nodded, hiding a huge smile, my sister became curious.  « So you slept together last night ? If I knew about you dating,  I wouldn't have been so early you know. »

 

I blushed. « We didn't. We just slept. »

 

She lightly punched my arm, with widened eyes. « Gosh YongGuk !!!! Did you see her figure ? The others moms from school surely wants to kill her for that !! How can you resist to that ? »

 

I stopped my activity and my tone suddenly got serious. « It's been 6 years for both of us. We just taking it slow okay. Nothing wrong with that. »

 

She grimaced. « Huh you're right. »

I sent her a smirck and she rolled her eyes.  «I invited Moonah and her mom , you're okay with them eating here ? With all the food you cooked ... »

 

She nodded and we waited patiently for her husband to arrive. As a car honked we both rushed outside. « Dad ! »

 

I hugged my daughter and kissed her cheek. « Did you have a fun time ? » She started to explain to me how she ate numerous of pancakes at her uncle house and played football. That she scored 3 goals and was better than the twins. She spent a nice day.

 

« Tonight Moonah is coming there with her mom. »

 

YongMi looked at the reaction of my daughter and laughed seeing her jump around. « It's so cool dad !! »

 

I laughed and she hugged me once more. I tickled her and she ended up hugging me tighly. "I missed you a little bit, Dad." She rested her head against my shoulder and I spinned her in my arms. "I love you my little sun. Dad missed you too." After a peck on her forehead, I set her on the floor so she can go and play with her cousins. « Gosh I'm curious to see the little Moonah. »

 

I remembered of something important. « Oh and noona, we just started to date and haven't got a chance to talk about that with our children. So keep this secret okay ?»

 

As the ring bell was heard,my daughter ran to open the door.  Moonah and Taeyang hugged and we looked at them heartwarmed. As Sujin approached me next to me, she looked angelic. I caressed her back and she blushed. YongMi came to ruin our moment. « Oh Sujin, I have to present you to my husband and sons. »

 

I let Yongmi lead Sujin to the garden where the twins were playing football together. Then, they went in a room upstairs where my brother in law Minho was changing the new born diapers. I stayed in the kitcheen to keep a eye on the kids playing in the garden cook and Sujin came back with an awake baby in her hands. « Gosh, he's really cute. »

Taeyang at the mention of YoungMin, came running in the kitchen, holding hands with her bestie.

 

« Moonha, look at my cousin, he's a baby , he just got 3 months. » Taeyang said proudly to her friend, showing three fingers to her friend. Sujin kneeled with the baby and Moonah looked at her with wide eyes. « Mom, it's scary. »

 

We all laughed at her quivering eyes and afraid eyes and Sujin quickly gave back the baby to his father before kneeling in front of her Moonah with a reassuring smile. « It's a baby, nothing to be scared about. »

 

The little girl shrugged and held the inviting hands of her mom. « Was I a little baby like this ? »

 

Sujin smiled and kissed her forehead. « Of course you was. Everyone in this room was once a little baby like this. »

 

Moonah nodded and soon her hazel eyes were on me, scanning my appearance carefully. She pointed at me to her mom. « Even him ? »

 

« Yeah even me. » I answered to her with a smile. She was confused. « But how do you produce babies mom ? »

 

Sujin laughed with a slight blush invading her face. She winked playfully. « It's a secret. You'll get to know that when you'll be a big girl. »

 

I looked at her hug her daughter and felt that she was stronger than me. My family supported me. So much. Offering to babysit my daughter so I can recover. Dealing with my mood swing all the time. I rejected any sort of help, yet understood that I needed it at the end. She was alone.

We ate in a good atmosphere. YongMi was now friendly to Sujin, they even sat next to each other. I suddenly felt the lack of skinship in this relationship. I was so taken in my thoughts, watching my girlfriend , she suddenly frowned and grabbed a tissue. She wiped some sauce out of Taeyang face and smiled. « Much better. »

 

« Thanks you. » Sujin winked at her and gave her a piece of meat of her own bowl. My little girl looked at her confused yet touched by the attention ended up eating the piece of meat.

 

We ended up the dinner between adults as the kids just wanted to play. Sujin get a hand on Youngmin the new born and chuckled. « I can't believe Moonah is afraid of babies. »

 

« She mustn't have seen a lot if her life.» Minho said nicely, eyes on his third son.

 

Sujin nodded. « True. » She rocked the little baby in her hands, looking at him with soft eyes. She looked experienced. It did something to me. Looking at her cuddle the baby like this … makes me feel all warm and giddy inside. I just wanted to crash a peck on her forehead, to show her how meaningful she was in my life.As the baby started to cry she handed it back to the owners. « This pleasure of not having to comfort a crying baby. Magnificient !! » She said making chuckle the parents of YoungMin.

 

Her daughter came to her side to get some water and Sujin executed herself.  YongMi gasped. « Gosh. Moonah can you come here ? »

 

The little girl diligently went to see my sister. « Those eyes. They are stunning ! »

 

The little girl slowly laughed before turning red. Sujin sighed. « Don't you have something to say ? »

 

« Thanks you Auntie. » She came to hide in her mom cardigan and Sujin ended up letting her sit on her lap. « Mom my stomach hurts. »

 

« Like everytimes you go to grandma. When will she learn the lesson ? » Sujin whispered. She checked if everything was fine. « Let me give you medicine. »

 

Yongmi, Minho and I shared a  bewilred look. She was willing to give her daughter medicine for that ? She poured a glass of water and headed to the kitchen. « YongGuk can I have you over here ? »

 

I came to her side, and pinched her waist, the rest of the people being in the living room. « Can I have sugar ? »

 

I laughed as she mixed sugar with water. «Placebo effect. » She said before winking at me. She pecked my lips before going back to the living room. She let her daughter drink it and the little girl hugged her. « Mom I feel already better.»

 

Sujin winked at me and I tried to have a straight face. She was a real genius. She looked at Moonah cuddle against her and smiled. « I think I need to leave. It was a nice evening and I enjoyed meeting you and your kids.»

 

I stood up. « I'll walk you home. » I avoided the teasing look of my sister as she bid goodbye to Sujin and we get out of my house. We walked side to side in the dark pinch road. She didn't seem afraid of that road anymore. Just really comfortable.

 

 

Arrived at her door, she unlocked the door and  dropped her little girl on her bed. « Wait for mommy here. » She said gently before closing the door.

 

As she came back to me, we took this moment to kiss. I had her body against mine, her hands in my hair and mine on her waist. After our kiss, we stayed in  this hug a few seconds.  « You better have that next time we met. » My girlfriend whispered in my ear, playful.

 

I laughed and pecked her lips. « I'll be sure to. »

 



Eleven chapter already :) I hope you're all rooting for this new couple =P

 

And support our charming leader in his new song Yamazaki ~ He's so charming and cool in this MV, it's clearly killing me. SO much charisma !