A date

Life Is A Puzzle

I entered my fourth month of pregnancy, showered of affection by my family. YongGuk was the sweetest to me and the girls got rid of their jealousy to get truly insterested in their baby brother.

 

My bump became more and more proeminant and I started to wear YongGuk's tee shirt to stay at home and draw. He didn't notice this yet and I thanked heaven for that, considering he is the one doing laundry most of the time. 

I was considering calling my parents and tell them. They still were clueless about this pregnancy and honestly I pushed back this announcement so much. Sitting down the couch with my cereals and the phone, I sighed. I can't. I can't announce them that I'm pregnant.

YongGuk came running to me and I looked at him confused. « I knew you were stealing my cereals BUT REALLY my clothes ???!!!» Ah, he finally noticed.

 

I didn't deny. « Well, we're husband and wife, you're sharing your clothes with me.»

 

« Do I sneak in your lacey underwear ? » He protested. I grimaced at this image and shook my head. YongGuk came to my side with a smirck « Give me back my clothes !!! »

 

He lifted me out of the couch and removed his hoodie from me before making the pants slide on the floor.I didn't have time to protest that I was just in my in the living room. He quickly grabbed a pajamas dress and slipped it gently over me. He smiled seeing how it fitted my pregnant body.

I read the silly english words on it and chuckled. « Baby boy in progress ? »

 

« It looks insanely cute, it showcases so well your baby bump. » He said running his hands over it. He gave me a bag and folded back his clothes. « Now you have no reason to sneak in my clothes. »

 

« But they smell so good. » I complained. It was a mix between his body odor and his designer green tea perfume.

 

He scoffed. « Just wear my perfume then. Wait, aren't you going to at least look at what I bought for you ? Well, Yongmi did give you some of her old maternity clothes too.»

 

I sat down and smiled. « Show me. » He showed me some comfy pajamas with ridiculous baby related words on it. Some cozy leggings to go out and pretty dresses. « Why would I need pretty dresses like this ? » I asked, laughing.

 

« To go on dates with me. Tskkk !!! » He yelled, outraged by my question. I hugged him. « Sorry, sorry and thanks you. I had no idea pregnancy clothes were so cute.»

 

« You still don't buy much for you, huh ? » YongGuk said gently. I shrugged. « Habits are scary, don't you think so ? »

 

YongGuk shrugged. « It's okay. I 'll buy what you won't buy for yourself. At least you came to terms with the fact that I love to shower you with gifts. »

 

I kissed him. « Yeah. YongGuk can I ask you something ? »

 

« Yeah, what do you want ? Straberries ? Berries ? Watermelon ? »

 

I shook my head and took the phone. « Call my parents and …. announce them the news. »

 

He sighed and we shared a long eye contact. When I looked down, he took the phone in my hand. « What do I say ? »

 

« Skip the part when I got anxious and that we thought the baby wasn't doing well, alright ?  »

 

He kissed my forehead. « I'll be in my office. » He hugged me and offered me a reassuring smile before climbing up the stairs. I took my time to follow him. I waited ten minutes before leaving for his office. The door was wide open and he was still talking on the phone, I ran to our bedroom and hided myself in the blanket. I was sleepy and bloated yet still eating my cereals when YongGuk came in the bed with me. He talked quite a lot with whoever answered the phone.

 

« Do you want to know ? »  He gently asked.

 

I shrugged. «Sum up. »

 

« They are delighted, and your dad told me to take great care of you. » My spouse said to me. He spooned me and hugged my bump.

 

I slowly breathed. « Thanks you. I know it's a lot I just asked you to do but ... »

 

He shook his head. « No I can do that much for you. Come on I know you don't like talking about this. Let's sleep okay ?»

 

*

Bang YongGuk

After work, I went with YongMi to the shopping mall. She wanted to get new shoes and dragged me along. She loved to have some company when shopping so I just tagged along, enjoying my coffee. As she went to the toilets, I looked at the shop in front of me. A /baby clothes shop. I kept a lot of things from Taeyang childhood, some pretty clothes, some toys and others memories from that time she was a little baby and Sujin already washed the baby clothes to bring it to the hospital with her. But her nauseous state meant also that she wasn't extremely active. Just nauseous all day.We never got to buy anything for that coming baby.

I entered, almost shy to get in and looked around. I touched the girly fluffy dress with ruffles and came into the baby boy section. Should I buy something ?

I took a little baby shirt and smiled. This was really cute.

 

« Customer do you need some help ? It's a gift ? » She said with a huge smile on. I hesitated. « Well,  I'm just looking around. »

 

« Oh, you must be really confused on what to buy if it's a gift, let me advice you !! »

 

*

 

I came back home early. The girls had their activities, Taeyang went to her ice skating practice and Moonah to her cram school. So it was just me and Sujin in the house. I opened the door of her office and sighed at the huge mess. It was as if a storm messed up the room every time I came to see her. Sujin was on the floor, water painting . She was totally immersed in her drawing when I kissed her cheek. She gasped and her hand came to  meet her cheek, leaving a streak of blue paint on it. «Hubby !! Don't startle me like this. »

 

I smircked. « My kiss still have this effect on you ? »

 

She rolled my eyes and went back to her  beach painting. « Oh you're drawing the beach ? » I asked.

 

« Huh using blue is very soothing. I felt good that afternoon. »

I stared at her for a while, I knew she felt good today. She must have started four hours ago and was still going. Suddenly she looked at me and narrowed her eyes at my hands still hiding behind his body. « What are you hiding from me ? »

 

I blushed. « I couldn't resist. »

 

« Huh ? YongGuk you bought enough maternity clothes for four woman, what did you buy again ? »

 

I shoved the little bag in my hands and she started to open it, leaving blue handprints everywhere. I took back the gift, horrified. "Our poor baby needs to wear it before you get to stain it !" 

 I showed off the white romper with yellow stripe, and lemons embroied on it. I chose it for its cuteness. My mom used to repeat to me that when life give you lemon, you must do lemonade with it. And this one piece just reminded me of that quote.  Sujin smiled. «Whaouh that's really adorable. I know our son would pull it off perfectly. » She ran in the bathroom and washed her hands. I followed her and inpected how clean her hands were before she touched the cloth.

As I nodded, she took it in her hands and laid it gently on her stomach. «Thanks you. The poor baby didn't get any clothes yet because of me.»

 

I shrugged, caressing the bump. « What about going in the mall tomorrow in the late afternoon ? If you feel sick you just call me and stay home, huh ? »

 

Sujin clapped in her hands. « Okay, and we can eat pasta after that ? »

 

« You want to eat pasta ? » I asked her. She grinned and swirled around, twinkes in her eyes. « Mushroom carbonara pasta to be exact. »

 

I laughed at her dramatic wish and took back the cloth I just bought for our baby. I pushed Sujin in the shower. «So you go and shower. I can't let you get frustrated about food. »

 

She turned around suddenly embarassed.  « I can wait tomorrow. »

 

I shook my head as she tired to convince me she could wait until tomorrow. She failed miserably and seeing my smirck, She just sighed, blush invading her cheeks.

«  I just can't let you wait until tomorrow, get ready Sujin. » I kissed her cheek with an insisting manner before whispering to her. « I told you I would pamper you during pregnancy. »

 

She blushed, now awkward. « I forgot. »  I left the bathroom leaving her alone to get ready and climbed downstairs, realizing our daughters finally came home.

 

*

Kim Sujin

 

I got ready pretty fast, putting on one chic maternity dress YongGuk had offered me. I was just baffled, I knew YongGuk liked shopping but his tastes were excellent ! It was chic and cute, putting my baby bump in evidence. It looked so different of the stuffs I would wear for my first pregnancy. Huge unfitted clothes to hide my baby bump until it didn't work anymore.

I took my time putting makeup on. It's been a while I've been out and it felt nice to be a pretty pregnant woman with a nice scent unlike the vomit smell I usually have in the mornings. I finished applying my lipstick and came back to YongGuk downstairs. He was giving out instructions to Taeyang and Moonah.

 

« You don't open the door, I'll lock it anyways. If you hear something suspicious, call me okay ? And don't go outside it's late and you never know who is outside. Stay together. I'll call you after one hour, and then I want you to be in your bed to sleep, understood. » As he finished to gibe his orders, he gave them the 'I-trust-you' look, annoying the crap out of them.

 

Moonah rolled her eyes. « Yes Uncle, we are just going to watch TV  eat ramen and go to sleep. »

 

« We live in Hansan dad, we could leave the door wide open that no one would even notice. »

 

He sighed, trying to calm himself. « Sure sure, just call us before you go to bed okay ? »

 

I tickled his neck making him gasp. « Oh Sujin you're ready. Look how pretty you look !! »

 

He reached to kiss me and I pulled away. « I just applied lipstick. Well, let's go I'm hungry. Girls be quiet and we'll be waiting for the call before sleep. »

 

I hugged both of them and looked at them in pajamas in front of a random drama in silence. It was the first time we'll be leaving them home without a babysitter, it felt weird. « Mom Dad when are you leaving ? We can stay alone, we are eleven !! » Taeyang said, annoyed by us still being there. I dragged YongGuk outside and looked at him lock the door and make sure he really locked the door.

He opened my door. « The Busan restaurant in the mall next to my office ? »

 

I nodded. « Yes that one. We can even scroll in the shopping mall. »

I looked at YongGuk drive and couldn't resist to the urge to caress his neck as he was concentrated on the road. « Want me to get an accident ? »

 

« Just wanted to do that. I think I'm up for cuddles tonight. »

 

« You mean cuddles cuddles or ... cuddles that lead to pregnancy ? »

 

I laughed at his words choices. « The later. »

 

YongGuk faked a u-turn while driving, making me gasp first and laugh. « I was excited to go on a date with you now I can't wait to go home. »

 

I kissed his hand he rested on my shoulder. « Everything at a certain time. »

 

We scrolled in a shopping mall for a while. Looking at the pretty dresses for our daughters when all they wanted to wear was color block jeans. Then, YongGuk lead me to a baby clothes shop.

« Welcome dear customers. »

The young woman greeted us and suddenly smiled at YongGuk. « Oh Mister you came back with a friend ?!! »

The woman came to his side and he shook his head. « My wife, it was a gift for her.  »

 

I took a step back as they engaged a conversation. « I'll look around for a little bit. »

 

YongGuk nodded, and I left for the shelves of baby clothes.  I usually bought Moonah clothes from second hand shops, that's how struggling I was. This shop was fancy, with the nice decoration and great choice of clothing. I was looking around and noticed YongGuk talking with the waleswoman.

 

« Your wife is a little bit shy. »

 

« It's her charm. »

 

« Is it your first child . Newsly weds ? »

YongGuk shook his head smiling. «Our daughters went to school together, we met like this. It's our first child together. »

 

The saleswoman looked shocked for a while. I frwoned why YongGuk would tell that to a complete stranger ? Is he serious ? « Oh that's so cute. You should cherish that moment. »

 

« YongGuk ? » I called him over, not liking him talking to the pretty and young saleswoman. He came right away.

« What do you think of this ? » I took the first thing I saw and shoved it in his hands. My husband looked at them with glitter in his eyes. « We're taking that. »

 

We ended up buying so much that night. I was feeling nice and we needed to prepar ourselves for our upcoming baby. We got outside of the shop with huge bags  and the lady bowed to us. « Come back soon. »

 

« She enjoyed the eyecandy a little bit too much. » I said amused by YongGuk not minding her. He raised his head. « What eyecandy ? »

 

« You. She really enjoyed talking to you. » I said, elbowing his chest.

 

He smircked. « You're jealous ? »

Gosh, you wish I was.  « I'm amused. I need more drama to be jealous, believe me.»

 

YongGuk nodded, satisfied of my answer. « Okay, let's keep giving good vibes to that old sport. »

He kissed my lips and dragged me to our favourite pasta restaurant. I sighed out of pleasure when I sat down. I felt exhausted now and hungry. I ate my bowl of pasta with pleasure when it arrived and even finished YongGuk bowl.

« You need another bowl ? » He said giving me some water. I shook my head. « No I want dessert. »

 

« What exactly ? »

 

« Wild berries panna cotta. » I blurted out like this. He smiled and called over the waiter. « Two panna cotta over here please. Wild berries. »

 

The dessert arrived after a little wait and as usual we went to stare at the diamond bridge on the veranda. It was a  chilly night and I let YongGuk hug me to warm me and my baby. He checked his phone and I laughed. "YongGuk. Nothing happened to them. Let them watch TV in peace."

The waiter came to inform us our dessert was ready and I kissed YongGuk cheek. The man needed to be reassured. He smiled to me and we just went back to our table, our desserts waiting for us.

I ate mine with pleasure. « This thing is excellent. I could eat this every day.»

 

« Really, want me to ask them to pack some for you ? » He asked, ready to call the waitress. I blushed. « It was a way to express how good it is okay.»

 

He nodded and took a tissue to wipe my cheek. « Go on, keep eating. It's so rare to see you eat so much. »

 

« Eat too, don't watch me eat with those heart filled eyes. » I said, awkward about him staring at me eating dessert this way. He executed himself until I finished my plate and he pushed his cup to my side. I accepted it shyly, really wanting to eat that right now.He laughed at my behavior and I sighed. « How is this funny ? »

 

« Somehow it is. » I did a grimace to him and finished his panna cotta pretty fast.

 

«Maybe you want another one ? »

 

« No I feel bloated. I want to walk on the beach now. »

 

He nodded and paid for our food. We started our walk on the shore when he got a call.  «Oh they're finally calling those brats ! »

 

« Oh Moony, is it when you call ? You're still not asleep ? » He asked, really concerned. « Something happened ? »

 

He put the phone on speakers. « Uncle, nothing happened. We watched TV and then Taeyang feel asleep so I sent her in her room and then I'm just doing homework. »

 

« Don't study until late. » He nagged her. Moonah reassured us on the fact she was heading to bed and the call ended pretty quick.

 

YongGuk looked angry. « Is it a way to greet your parents goodnight ? End the call like this ? »

 

« You annoyed her. Moonah can take care of herself pretty okay. » I explained to him.

 

« She is eleven. » He remembered him.

 

I patted his shoulder. « Exactly, remember when you were eleven and the things you were allowed to do. »

 

YongGuk groaned. « I had lot of freedom. My parents were always working. I could come back at night and YongMi was barely watching over me. »

« See ? And you managed to become an adult. » I said pinching his cheek.

 

« It was also when I got my first kiss. » He said, amused by his story. I scoffed. «Not surprising from you.  You seem concerned ? »

 

« Well, I'm not excited to get to that adolescent part. Boys especially. »

 

I laughed. « Everything will work out really smoothly. They're smart girls. We just need to have a serious talk with them. »

 

« So if one of them had a boyfriend right now you'll be fine with it ? » He asked, outraged. I shrugged. « Depends on the boy. »

 

He groaned. I scoffed. « Don't play the overprotective father right now. It's life, deal with it. » He sighed, with a pout. We kept walking on the beach. «And what about you ? »

 

«Huh ? » I was rubbing my belly, staring at the mom in front of me hug her new born.

 

He laughed. «When did you have your first kiss.»

 

I smiled. «I told you already. Kang Joon was my first ever boyfriend. » YongGuk stopped to walk. « You told me you met him in university. Wait, you were 18 ? »

 

« 19 to be exact. »

 

YongGuk gasped. « Insane. » I sat in the sand and removed my shoes to bury my feet in the sand like I always loved to do. « I hope he still hold on to these precious memories. »

 

« Why would he ? You know how many woman he can have in his bed in the week ? While being on a boat with restricted female ? » I said laughing at the thought of him still thinking about me.

 

YongGuk shook his head. «I'd like to be wrong on that one. »

 

I rested my head on his shoulder and he started to kiss my neck. « It tickles. »

 

« You're still up for cuddles ? » He suddenly asked. I nodded. « Yeah, should we go back home ? »

 

« Yes, we should. »

 

We drove quietly to our home. I was rubbing my baby bump without thinking too much about it. YongGuk hands came to meet my body and I sighed. « My bump is below my . »

 

He pinched one of them and I whined. « Yah don't do that, they hurt okay ? They are starting to swell. »

 

« Oh sorry they look really nice. » He justified himself. I snapped his hand and put it back gently on the wheel. We arrived home and YongGuk stopped my gesture to get out. « Wait for me. » He opened my door and took me in his arms, princess style. I laughed and kissed his neck. « Let's be quiet huh ? »

 

He closed the door behind us and climbed the stairs with difficulty. Once in the bedroom, he laid my body gently on the bed and went to close the door. I removed my dress and patted the bed. YongGuk came to my side and let me remove his shirt really patient. I started to kiss his collarbone , sitting on his lap. He laughed suddenly. « It's really warm. »

 

I looked at our bodies touching. My baby bump was against his stomach, letting him feel the warmness. I smiled, head hiding on the crook of his neck. « Soon it'd get complicated to do that. » I stated.

 

« So let's enjoy this activity a lot tonight !! » He whispered against my ear, making me smile.

 



A fluffy little date for you !!

I hope you enjoy that lighter chapter =)