2012 : Parenting

Life Is A Puzzle

 

 

I ran to our bedroom and kneeled on my side of the bed. When did Sujin buy this ? We didn't even talked about gifts. But now she knew me well with my habits of making gifts all the time. I took a box and smiled. "For my husband." I sat on the bed and opened the box carefully. I looked at the nightgown she gave me and laughed at the "Proud Dad" on the chest area.  It was really cute. The huge pockets felt practical, as I buried my hands in there my hands found something. I took out the little thing and considered it : a tiny box. I opened it and found a ring, it was pretty and really elegant. Sujin gave me no explanation about this ring, but it fitted my finger pretty well and looked nice next to my wedding ring. I will have to ask her tomorrow. I took my shower and put it on really quickly. I barged in the living room and shoved my phone in Taeyang hand." Take a picture of me with my gift."

Taeyang executed herself with an amused smile. I looked at it and decided to show it tomorrow, not wanting to disturb her sleep. I watched TV with Moonah and Taeyang for a while. It was rare Sujin wasn't home with us. I sighed out of boredom. « Dad are you that bothered that Mom is not here ? »

 

« Sleeping alone in an extra queen size bed is not pleasant. » I answered shortly. 

 

Moonah giggled at my answer. « I feel nice not sleeping next to Tae' anymore. She farts so much. » As we rearranger the house to welcome the baby, they chose to have different rooms. Their schedule was so different, that they felt the need to have a room for themselves.

 

Tae' sent her a glare, Moonah teasing working really well. « You move too much. A real worm. »

 

« Ya, respect your Unni. » Moonah nagged her, with a frown. They even started to use honorifics between them; Moonah being a real regeant when she wanted to, she liked Taeyang to call her Unni.

 

« Unni, you're a real worm in bed. » Tae' said with a smile. Moonah sighed, frustrated while  I laughed at the situation. I showed them the ring their Mom gave me and Moonah suddenlt stood up. "I need to head to bed, tomorrow I need to get extra early to school."

I was surprised myself of how many extra scholars activities Moonah cumulates : taking care of the school aquarium, chess club, book club and somuch. She was happy to go to school and the time when her teachers were concerned for her grades because of her daydreaming was over. Taeyang turned off TV. "I'm exhausted too. Dad you should go and sleep too."

Moonah nodded and came to hug me. « You were worrying about Mom a lot right ? But now she's fine. You deserve a good night of sleep. »

 

*

Kim Sujin

I woke up rather early and looked around. No one was here yet. I called the nurses and they took care of me in the shower. When they put me back on my bed, I cleared my throat. « Can I see my baby ? »

 

«We were starting to think you didn't want to. » A nurse joked.  One of them went to pick him up and soon WooJun was in my arms. All awake. « He had a peaceful night yet woke up early. » The nurse told me.

 

« Hi Woojun-ah. It's your mom. » He moved his feets and I smiled. « You should try to feed him. He's taking well the milk but it's better for him. »

 

 I fed him and felt happy. I spoke a bit with the nurse and when she left, I realized it was my first time being alone with my baby. He was here with me. He drank milk to his heart content and then, I held him against my heart and got comfortable in the bed. I kissed his forehead and started to hum a song. Soon, I heard someone clear their throat. « Getting to know each other ? »

 

I smiled at YongGuk. « Oh dad came to see you. ». He kissed my lips and kissed Woojun cheek. « Did you like my gift ? » YongGuk took his phone and showed me his photo. I chuckled. "I understand the nightgown but the ring ?"

I grinned looking at the ring on his fingers. It was really pretty. "It's a meteorite ring. It's something from the universe basically." YongGuk looked at the ring and smiled. "That's a really thoughtful present."

"You're welcome."

He sat next to me and kissed his son forehead. Woojun was quietly resting against my chest when he started to whine and cry. YongGul kifted him. "Diapers changing time, right ?"  I laughed, smelling a familiar odor. "It's time to freshen up, right, old sport ?" YongGuk said.

 He changed the diapers and remembered he had to show the nurses the used diapers to make sure everything was okay. Once it was done, he finished putting a new diapers, put back cloth on our son and came back to my side, his child against his chest. He looked terribly handsome like this. I don't get how he didn't get dates before me, obviously I do, he was depressed and all .... but well he must have been a so exciting view for the moms of the kindergarden and school. Gosh I was lucky.

All of sudden ; he frowned and touched my shirt with his fingers. «You breasfed him ? Your dress is soaked. I'll ask for some cotton pad okay. »

 

I blushed looking at my shirt and tensed  as he gently slipped his hand in my hospital gown to  stick it on my . «How are you? » I asked to him, out of the blue.

YongGuk sat up next to me and rested his arm around my shoulders. «I was worried for you. Seeing you be inconscious for a whole day … And I cried so much Yongmi just nagged me in the hospital. Those days were so intense in emotions.  »

 

 I regretted so much I wasn't here in those moments. But now, he seemed fine. « You slept well last night ? »

 

YongGuk smiled. « Not bad, but I was really excited to come here. »

 

I looked at some sign of tiredness and no, YongGuk looked radiant. Of course he had some dark circles  but his   inner glow was almost intimidating. «The third time father glow is real. »

 

My husband laughed. « I love being a dad. And for Taeyang I was depressed and in pieces but for this baby, I swear I'll be the best dad ever. I'm serious. It's starting well, because he have a strong and united family. And I'm happy you know ? I'm just so excited to take care of him and go back home with him.»

I thought about the first time I gave birth and nodded. Yeah, Bang Woojun had a good start in life. Happy sisters ready to nurture him, a dad ready to love him without conditions and grandparents ready to give their life for their grandson. The little human sleeping on my lap couldn't feel it but so many people loved him already so much.

 

I caressed his hair gently. « You did well YongGuk. You're excelling at being your father, even with Taeyang, ... and  Moony. » He had a small grin. « It's flattering to hear. »

 

*

 

Kim Sujin, a few days later

 

 I  only woke up from my nap when WooJun asked for milk. I fed him in silence, looking at YongGuk sleeping, drooling on his pillowcase. He was indeed tired, he always protested to not nap with us but today I insisted so much that I manage to have him on the huge bed with me and Woojun. Yesterday it was New Year and all of our family came here to meet our little one. My mom held him with a sincere smile during the party and my parents-in-law were litteraly keeping themselves to monopolize Woojun. It felt nice yet when everyone left, I was secretly happy. Today I could enjoy a peaceful day with my husband and son. Napping on the afternoon and cuddling.

My spouse suddenly woke up and sat up in the bed. I chuckled. He looked around and I turned his pillowcase. « Come here. »  I wiped his lips clean with my shirt and smiled to him. « Had a good sleep ? »

 

He nodded and came to hug my waist. I caressed his hair gently and giggled seeing how plump his lips has gotten from sleeping. « Did he sleep ? »

 

« A bit. Then I fed him some milk and now he's just moving around as you see." It felt weird to take care of a baby after all those years. Nothing was new to us but a decade was a long time and it's only after some training that our movements and gestures became natural. He looked at WooJun on the matress kicking  and moving around. He took the little hand in his and kissed it. «Look how lively he is. No wonder after how agitated he was in your belly. »

 

I laughed. « For sure. »

*

To be absolutely truthful, it was hard adjusting to raising a kif for both of us. Sujin was used to slowly get up in the night and feed him without waking me up and I ttried to make Sujin rest so much that she lost her cool with me.

 

 Woojun loved his sisters so much and they loved him dearly, taking tons of photos of him in a day. We spent the breakfast together and when the little brat started to cry, Taeyang immediately went to see him. « Ya, while Mom is eating. You little capricious baby. »

 

I finished to eat and went in the living room. « I'll feed him. » WooJun calmed himself as I lied him on my chest. YongGuk tsked. « Mama boy. He stops crying right when he's with you. »

 

I showed him my tongue and he groaned. « Anyways eat well WooJun-ah »  He was drinking milk fairly well and was a lovely baby. No anger cries, no every hours feeding either. He was lovely and his smiles were so sincere. Woojun finished to drink and took him on my shoulder. YongGuk looked at me with lovely eyes. I moved around to make him digest and I felt him release gas correctly. « Now it's all done. » I kissed his head and had a glimpse of Moonah and Taeyang getting to the door, leaving for the bus stop. "See you tonight ! Have a nice day !" The kissed goodbye to their little brother and I chuckled looking at themm run to the bus stop. YongGuk was in the kitchen, doing the dishes.

« Oh, Mom is going to draw you're coming with me ? » I asked to Wookun, already climbing the stairs. I heard YongGuk voice and stopped myself as he came to my side.  « Let him in the living room. »

 

« I just … I'd like to have him in sight. » I justified myself. YongGuk smircked. « Same for me. »

 

We looked at each other and I chuckled. « Okay. I just find it hard to just leave things to somebody. »

 

He scoffed. « Somebody. I'm somebody ? Sujin, I'm that kid father and your husband you forgot ?»

 

I didn't like how he raised his voice. «I know. »   He came to release my son from my hands and I felt like a stupid woman. Was I too possesive ? Really ? I just loved to take care of Woojun now that I'm fully rested. I bowed. « Sorry I didn't realize I monopolized him. You should have told me earlier. Just take care of him right ? I'm going to go and draw. »

 

I left for my drawing room and started to clean a bit this room. YongGuk rarely entered it, it was too much of a mess for him. Paintings everywhere, glue, pigment, color pencil. It was a full studio. I took my cpurage and started to order my drawings. I looked at the drawings I did. My baby didn't ressemble any of them. He looked like a very balanced mix of YongGuk, yet had my eyes and lips, but somehow his face just reminded me of my husband. That's something YongGuk is really proud about, that his son looks like him.

YongGuk just loved to hug him tighly and whisper things to him while gently bouncing. He was excellent at appeasing and making sure the baby just calmed himself. Unless that brat wanted milk. I came downstairs to have some water and tried to just see where he was.From the first floor I looked at  YongGUK sat by the window , talking to Woojun. « See the snow ? You're from the universe for sure but you're also a winter baby. It's my favourite time of the year, you know ? I like end of the year parties and now I have one more to celebrate ; your birthday !»

 

He kept whispering things to him touching his nose. He looked so engrossed in this activity. I guess that he's really not used to delegate either. He was the most precious person for Taeyang and how could that change for Woojun ? The baby had his eyes closed and I sighed. He's right on something, my husband isn't somebody. He's Bang YongGuk. And that man can take care of babies perfectly. I went back to my room, feeling like being productive today.

*

Bang YongGuk.  « Woojun, you're loved, you feel that little buddy ? »

He was just asleep at this point. I run my fingers on his hairy head and sighed, peaceful. This was the definition of happiness.I looked around and spotted Sujin sat in the stairs. I quickly understood she was drawing me.

  « Su'!!!! »

 

« Oh, YongGuk don't move yet. I need to catch my phone and take a photo okay ? » She went upstairs and came back with her phone to take a picture of me and Woojun. "Be natural. Oh it's such a good one as you're wearing the "proud dad" nightgown"

 

I blushed. «You and your habit of drawing me. » I laughed. « I really love seeing you hugging babies. You're basically made for that. » Sujin complimented me. I litterally yelled on her and here she is, resting her head on my shoulders.

I whined, embarassed. « I'm sorry I overreacted earlier. I'm just too used of doing everything alone, from the chores to the leisure time with baby. »

 

« I can understand that. But we have to work together as a team, husband and wife.» Sujin quietly exposed.

 

«Maybe I'm just afraid he'll end up loving you more than me. He was in your body for nine months, you have a physical bound with him, I need to create that bond from scratch. » I said, looking at Woojun slowing waking up. He yawned and closed back his eyes.

 

« You have already this bond with him. You started to speak to him when he was  a  two months old foetusYongGuk. He loves you already or else he won't be sleeping on you like this. I don't want you to be paranoid about this. For the moment he just need milk and guess what men don't produce milk yet. »

 

« I know it's childish. » I justified myself. With Taeyang it was simple, I was alone. I was the default choice to love. Now with Sujin being the amazing mom she is, I just feared not having my place in their relationship, I truly didn't have to. "You said yet ? You think one day men bodywill produce milk ?"

Sujin laughed. "Science can always surprise us."

 

*

 

Kim Sujin

As the girls came back home, I asked them to go at the public baths with me. They agreed right away. It was rare we went there because it meant that we'd let YongGuk alone at home or that he went alone to the men baths. As we prepared our thing, YongGuk came to meet us. « What are you doing ? »

 

« Going to the public baths. It's been years I didn't go. You're okay with staying there with Woojun right ? »

 

YongGuk strongly nodded. « You're not bringing him with you ? »

 

I shook my head. « I just want to catch up with my daughters a bit and what's best that rubbing their back until it's all red ? »

 

He smiled, at evidence he was happy of my initiative to give him some precious time with Woojun. « Okay but for milk ? »

 

« I'll feed him before going. And try to give you a bottle of my milk » After my affair was done, I feed Woojun, and caressed his hair. YongGuk was by my side. I kissed his little head and gave him to his dad. « Make sure he release his air. I'll get going, huh ? »

 

« Don't be too long or else ... » YongGuk said, still wary of me going. After all, Woojun was only two weeks old now.

 

« We'll be back for dinner I guess ?

 

Taeyang pouted « Mom I want to eat there ! »

 

« Okay we'll eat there no need to wait for us. » 

*

Bang YongGuk

Sukin kissed me goodbye, hugged her son and it was the turn of my daughters, Moonah gave me a light hug and Taeyang just greeted us.

 

As I closed the door, I sighed. All alone at home with Woojun. I felt suddenly weird. A part of me wanted that so badly. Have Woojun all for myself, spend time alone with him but another one just misses the girls of the family always trying to steal his attention.

 

I started to walk around with Woojun until we came in his room. He was really awake at this point. I played with him a good part of the night and all of nowhere he started to sleep. But the brat was needy, he didn't want me to sit or lie down with him I had to walk around the house all night so he could sleep at ease.

 

*

 

I was getting a massage from the lady. It felt nice. My body felt painful after delivery and just having someone take care of me was really nice. With Taeyang and Moonah we then scrubed ourselves clean before soaking up in the hot waters. « Gosh it's so nice. »

Taeyang nodded. « I spend a lot of time on the ice, it's sure nice to soak in hot waters. »

Moonah was almost asleep and her sister slashed her with water, playful. She groaned. « Taeyang-ah !! Let me sleep. I have so much homework huh ? »

 

I chuckled. « When did you become so much busy bees ? »

 

They shrugged. They were tired of course. I sighed. Life was becoming hard for them. Their body is starting to change and teenage days were never easy. « Girls, you're eleven right ? »

 

Moonah rolled her eyes. « And this lady calls herself our mom. »

 

I laughed. « You call me like that too. Soon, you know boys will be interested in you and you'll get interested in them ... or not » They looked at each other before looking back at me. « Well maybe it's already the case. »

It felt comfortable to talk about boys and life with them. I took time to explain them some stuffs on a lot of subjects, period, body issues and such. At the end of our discussion, they were a bit blushing. I laughed. « It's normal that it makes you embarassed at this age, huh ? Well, we should head home, Woojun needs to drink milk and I doubt he's going to take his bottle. »

 

We took the bus and stopping at our bus stop and walked home, feeling really good. Taeyang was insisting to eat jjambong and I gave up. "Yeah you can  order jjambong."  I opened our door and found YongGuk trying to calm WooJun in the living room.  « Su' he kept crying and crying and doesn't want bottled milk, I think he wants his mom.»

 

I looked at the crying baby in his arms and took him. He looked at me and his face lightened up. «Missed mama ? » YongGuk looked at me feeding our son and kissed my cheek. «Had fun babysitting ? »

 

« It's the first time I sit more than two minutes today. » I chuckled and kissed his cheek. Woojun had stopped to on my and YongGuk careful covered my gently. « You took good care of him Gukkie. »

 

He shrugged. «You don't need to compliment me, you found him back crying. »

 

I pouted. « Yeah  they get hungry every two to three hours so it's normal. »

 

YongGuk pinched his son cheek and smiled. «I guess with time, the span of time will get larger. »

 

« You're really impatient. » I voiced out.

 

He grinned. « I can't disagree. »

I woke up next morning and sighed. At night, I always tried to wake up every two hours to check on Woojun and slept on on mornings, knowing that YongGuk would eventually put Woojun on my breath if he was really hungry. As usual, I woke up around nine, my husband was already up. I walked to the baby room and frowned as it was empty. I got closer to the bathroom, hearing noise from there and shook lightly my head at the view. Here was YongGuk giving his bath to Woojun, playing with him.  I sat next to him pn the floor, sleepy. « YongGuk do you even sleep ? »

 

« It's my favourite time of the day. The morning he's usually cheerful and energetic. »

 

« I wouldn't know I'm always trying to catch back some sleep at this hour. »  I  looked at YongGuk cuddle his son, massage his baby legs and arms, do exercises and stuffs. «You know that babies like massages ? They were in a closeted space and Woojun really loves when I massage him. »

 

I looked at him raise his son arms and burst in laughters with an amused face. « I missed all that fun for days ? »

 

He pecked my lips. « You were so tired Sujin. And  that's what  husbands are made for.»

 

I rested my head on his shoulder. « Is that so ? »

 

As we smelled some poop we looked at the bathtub with horror. WooJun just pooped in his bath. I laughed and took him out. « You are a little piggy, huh ? » This made Woojun smile immensely.

 

YongGuk sighed. «Hurry and put a diaper on that poop machine, I'll clean the bathtub. »

 

I did as told and put diapers on my baby. He was softling smiling at me nonely aware of the mess he created. I hugged him. « I love you little poop machine. » I kissed his forehead and looked at YongGuk wipe clean the bathtub.

« After we got rid of the girls we're taking a bath together okay ? » I asked him.

 

He grinned at my answer yet pointed Woojun. « And him ? »

 

« He'll be in his coffin in the bathroom. »

*

I earned beautiful sighs from YongGuk as I massaged his shoulders. The bathbomb he used was extremely expensive but the scent was marvelous. Jasmin always helped to relax muscles.  «You need to rest a bit don't you think ? Always running around, huh ? You're not Superman. »

 

« Something I wish I was him. So I could do my job, give love to  my spouse, spend time with each member of my family properly, clean my house and sleep for eight hours each night. What is 24 hours to do that ? »

 

I pouted and looked at our baby asleep in his infant basket. «My dear husband Bang Yongguk, if I wanted to marry Superman believe me I'll be married to him already. You're good, you're excellent as a father and husband. You don't need to try and reach perfection, you're already perfect to me. Try and rest a bit huh ? »

We finished our bath as WooJun needed some attention. After succeeding to make him fall asleep again on our bed, I looked at my husband,

As I lied down Woojun in his baby bed, I looked at my husband not asleep at all. « Come here I'll make you sleep too. »

 

I hugged him and his back with my hand. I tried to hum nicely not wanting to wakeup Woojun. I don't know how long I did that, I probably got asleep while hugging my husband. When I woke up, he was still asleep, Woojun asleep between some pillow, secure on the bed. I looked at the hour and decided to let them sleep to their heart content.

I did laundry and tidied up the house for a while then, I went to eat a snack in the kitchen. I was looking at the window and turned my head when I hear steps towards me. «Someone is hungry. » YongGuk said. They looked so similar right now, the same sleepy pout and puffy lips from getting too much sleep. My husband frowned as he noticed my amusement. I sat down and he handed me my grumpy son. He pecked my collarbone. « I slept so well, like Woojun. »

 

I raised my eyebrows. « See, you needed some rest ? »

He nodded still sleepy and sat in front of me. Our baby whined, he knew my voice and hungry he started to cry. I  took off the sleeve  of my shirt and soon enough, Woojun was drinking milk,  peacefully.  « See, you didn't need to cry Woojun.»

I looked at him on my and his jet black hair. Soon, flash blinded my eyes and I groaned. « YongGuK THE FLASH !! »

 

« Oh sorry. I just wanted to have a photo of you feeding. You're so beautiful doing this. » He checked the photo on his phone and smiled. I thought back about my appearance :stained shirt, unruly hair and tired face and sent him a confused face. He laughed. « Huh you're beautiful, a real goddess. »

 

I rolled my eyes. « Love is really blind. »

 

He sent a look to my and smircked. I scoffed making him burst in laughs. He got his chair just next to me and stared at me. « I never want to go back to work. I will miss so much moments with Woojun and you. I am going to ask to work as a part time lawyer. So I can spend more time at home. »

"You could do that ?" I asked curious. He nodded. "Yeah, I really wants to be here for the first time in life of Woojun. And some mothers are on part time, it gives the chance to young lawyers to enter the law firm too."

I kissed his lips. "I'd love that."

 



Al always it takes forever to edit chapters =O I really have so short amount of time to edit, classes are so time consuming this year !

Wish you a good day