Too late

I Love You...No You (Daebaek / Hyun family)

'Baek!'

Baekhyun felt someone shake him but didn't move.

'Baek. Can you hear me?'

Baekhyun started opening his eyes and saw Chanyeol and Daehyun standing over him looking worried. He suddenly remembered what happened before he passed out.

Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's arm and helped him up. Baekhyun realized everyone at the company dinner was staring at him.

Daehyun pulled a chair over and Baekhyun sat down and grabbed his head.

'Are you alright?' Daehyun asked kneeling next to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun nodded. 'I'm fine. I just got dizzy'.

'Do you need a drink?' Chanyeol asked as he handed Baekhyun his water bottle.

Baekhyun took it and drank from it. 

Chanyeol and Daehyun watched him carefully.

'Come on. I'll take you home'. Chanyeol said as he helped Baekhyun stand.

Baekhyun clung to Chanyeol as he walked him to the car. His head still hurt and he was afraid of passing out again if he walked by himself.

As they made their way outside, Baekhyun stole one last glance at Daehyun before he got into the car. 

He saw the look of worry and confusion on Daehyun's face. He knew he'd have some explaining to do later. Right now he just wanted to go home.

 

Chanyeol got in the car and started driving home not saying a word but looking at Baekhyun out of the corner of his eye.

'I'm sorry'. Baekhyun said after a long silence.

Chanyeol reached over and squeezed Baekhyun's hand. 

'Don't be. It's not your fault you passed out. I'm just glad you're okay'.

Baekhyun smiled. 'I'm fine. It must of been something I ate'.

He squeezed Chanyeol's hand. He knew the real reason he passed out. Chanyeol and Daehyun knew each other. And it was just a matter of time before the truth came out about Baekhyun dating both of them.

 

When they got home, Baekhyun took a shower and crawled into bed. He tried to sleep, but he kept trying to figure out a way to solve the mess he was in. He didn't know what to do. He loved both boys. But he was going to have to disappoint one of them.

Baekhyun sighed and pulled the blankets over his head.

A few minutes later, Baekhyun felt the other side of the bed move. He slowly slid the blanket off his head and saw Chanyeol next to him.

Baekhyun saw how worried Chanyeol looked as Chanyeol looked over at him. He hated seeing Chanyeol like that. 

Baekhyun moved over till he was in Chanyeol's arms.

Chanyeol smiled and kissed the top of his head. Baekhyun smiled at him. 'Stop worrying. I'm fine'.

'I know'. Chanyeol said as he brushed the hair out of Baekhyun's face. 'I just didn't know what to do since you were passed out for awhile'.

Baekhyun looked down and played with a loose string on the bed sheet.

'How long has the new guy been working there?' Baekhyun suddenly asked not making eye contact with Chanyeol.

'Why?'

Baekhyun shrugged. 'Just curious'.

'He just started the other day. Great guy. Really knows his stuff'.

Chanyeol kept looking at Baekhyun and noticed how he wouldn't make eye contact with him.

'What's wrong, Baek?'

'Nothing'. He fake smiled.

'He wasn't flirting with you was he? Cause if he was I'll take care of it'.

Baekhyun's eyes got wide as he looked at Chanyeol. 'No! Nothing happened. We were just talking before you came over'.

Chanyeol looked at him surprised at his sudden outburst. 'You did seem surprised when I told you he was the new guy'.

'I just wasn't expecting it. He didn't look like he worked for the company'.

Chanyeol suddenly remembered that he had seen the name 'Daehyun' show up on Baekhyun's phone.

'You don't know Daehyun do you?'

Baekhyun shook his head. 'I never met him till tonight'.

'I just remembered seeing the name Daehyun pop up on your phone'.

"!" Baekhyun screamed at himself. He forgot about that.

'Different guy'. He said.

Chanyeol sighed. He decided to drop the conversation. He didn't want to think about other guys with Baekhyun.

Baekhyun rubbed Chanyeol's shoulder and kissed him. He hated he brought up Daehyun and needed to do something to take Chanyeol's mind off of him.

 

The next day, Baekhyun called Daehyun to see if they could meet so Baekhyun could talk to him. But Daehyun's phone went straight to voicemail.

Baekhyun looked at his phone confused. He never had any problem calling Daehyun before. He wondered why Daehyun had silenced his phone.

 

Baekhyun left the apartment and decided to go to Daehyun's apartment and see if he was there.

Baekhyun knocked on the door when he got there and waited on the porch. But Daehyun never answered the door.

Baekhyun sighed and started to make his way back home. He suddenly remembered Daehyun was at work with Chanyeol. 

Baekhyun didn't want to imagine what they could be talking about when he wasn't around. He really hoped they didn't talk about him.

Baekhyun wondered why Daehyun had to get a job with Chanyeol of all people.

Baekhyun figured this might be the end of his secret affair with Daehyun. It was getting harder and harder to live the double life he chose.

 

As Baekhyun made his way home, he bumped into Chen and Kai outside one the cafés.

'Hey, Baek'. Kai smiled at him.

Baekhyun smiled back but had a hard time looking at Chen. He could feel Chen's eyes on him.

Kai noticed that neither one of them were speaking to each other.

'What's going on?' Kai asked trying to break the silence.

Baekhyun looked at Kai surprised. 'Chen hasn't told you?'

Kai shook his head.

'No, I haven't'. Chen said. 'I told you I wasn't going to say anything yet'.

Chen eyed Baekhyun carefully. 'Have you fixed things yet?'

Baekhyun looked at the ground and shook his head.

Chen sighed and crossed his arms. 'I'll tell Chanyeol. But I really don't want to'.

Baekhyun glared at him. 'I'm working on it'.

Kai stood there getting more confused by the minute as he listened to Chen and Baekhyun.

'Can someone tell me what is going on?' Kai asked.

Baekhyun begged Chen with his eyes not to say anything. But before he knew it, he saw Chen pull out his phone and start scrolling through his pictures.

Baekhyun went over to him and grabbed the phone out of his hands.

'Give me my phone, Baekhyun!' Chen demanded.

'No!' Baekhyun yelled as he kept it out of Chen's reach. 'You can't show this to anyone'.

Chen and Baekhyun fought for the phone. They were pushing and hitting each other till they fell on the ground.

Kai went over and grabbed the phone from them. He looked at the screen then back at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun shoved Chen off of him and stood up.

'Kai, please don't say anything'. Baekhyun said when he saw Kai staring at him.

'I thought you stopped cheating'. Kai said. He wanted to throw the phone at Baekhyun, but Chen took his phone back and put it in his pocket.

'I'm not sleeping around like I used to'. Baekhyun said trying to convince Kai he wasn't doing anything wrong.

'Then how do you explain the picture?'

'Kai, I've already been over this with Chen'. Baekhyun sighed. 'I'm in love with two guys. The guy in the picture is not a one night stand. He's my boyfriend'.

'What about Chanyeol?'

'We're still happy together'.

Kai looked at Baekhyun with disgust.

'Forget it!'

Baekhyun looked at the ground and pushed his way past Chen and Kai. He just wanted to get home and away from them.

 

Baekhyun layed on the couch when he got home. He wasn't feeling well mentally with everything that was happening. He was hating Chen and Kai for judging him. He was hating himself for getting into this complicated mess.

Baekhyun went to the fridge and grabbed a beer then made his way back to the couch.He was hoping drinking would relieve his stress.

 

Baekhyun fell asleep and didn't hear Chanyeol come home. Chanyeol went over to Baekhyun and kissed his cheek.

Baekhyun's eyes snapped open and he saw Chanyeol standing over him.

'Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you'. Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun smiled. 'It's okay. I didn't realize I fell asleep'.

Chanyeol kissed him again. 'I'm going to go change. You can go back to sleep'.

Baekhyun nodded on curled back up on the couch.

Chanyeol saw the empty beer bottle on the coffee table and sighed. Then he made his way into the bedroom.

 

Baekhyun fell back asleep, but was soon woken up by the doorbell. Baekhyun groaned and made his way to the door.

He opened it without looking to see who it was, and was surprised when he came face to face with Daehyun.

'Dae?' 

Daehyun looked at him and smiled. 'Hey'.

'What are you doing here?'

Daehyun's smile faded as he looked down at the papers in his hand. 'I..uh..came here to see Chanyeol. Is he home yet?'

Baekhyun bit his lip and nodded. 'Yeah. He got home a few minutes ago'.

'I just came to give these to him'. Daehyun lifted the papers to show Baekhyun.

'I'll give them to him'. Baekhyun reached out for the papers but Daehyun pulled them away from him.

'Sorry'. Daehyun said when he saw the confused look on Baekhyun's face. 'I actually needed to ask him some questions about these papers'.

'Why not ask him at work?'

'This was due to the boss today. It can't wait'.

Baekhyun sighed and let Daehyun inside the apartment.

 

Baekhyun went to the bedroom and knocked on the door. He heard Chanyeol walking around inside.

'Yeah?'

'Daehyun's here to see you'. Baekhyun called through the door.

'Really?'

'Yeah'.

'I'll be there in a few minutes'.

 

Baekhyun went back over to Daehyun and saw him looking around awkwardly.

'Nice place'. Daehyun said.

Baekhyun smiled and stood near Daehyun but kept his distance.

'I like your place better'. Baekhyun said.

'I'm sorry we couldn't hang out today'. Daehyun said. 'I got your message on my way over here'.

'It's going to be harder for us to spend time together now that you're working'.

Daehyun reached over and grabbed Baekhyun's hand.

Baekhyun felt his face get hot as he tried to pull out of Daehyun's grasp without making him suspicious.

'We'll still find time to be together. Don't worry'. Daehyun whispered in Baekhyun's ear.

Baekhyun felt Daehyun's breath against his skin. He bit his lip as he tried to control himself around Daehyun.

'You haven't told Chanyeol about us have you?' Baekhyun whispered.

'Of course not'. Daehyun said not letting go of Baekhyun's hand. 'You told me you didn't want him knowing about us and I respected your wishes. Chanyeol and I only talk about work'.

Baekhyun smiled. 'Make sure it stays that way'.

Daehyun squeezed Baekhyun's hand. 'Is it really that bad if he knows that you're happy with me? He is only your roommate after all'. Daehyun said. 'Besides, you can always stay at my place if you need to'.

Baekhyun smiled and squeezed his hand back. 'You're so amazing. I don't deserve you'.

Daehyun got closer to Baekhyun and kissed his cheek. 'Of course you deserve me. I love you, Baek'.

Baekhyun leaned against the wall and tried to compose himself. But Daehyun turned him on too much. 'I love you too, Dae'.

Before Baekhyun knew it, he had his arms around Daehyun's neck and was kissing him passionately. Daehyun didn't waste any time kissing him back.

Baekhyun and Daehyun were too involved with each other that they didn't hear the door to the bedroom open.

'Baek?'

Baekhyun pulled away from Daehyun and saw Chanyeol standing in the bedroom doorway.

'What the hell are you doing, Baekhyun?!' Chanyeol yelled.

Baekhyun stood next to Daehyun in shock. There was no way he was sweet talking his way out of this one...