What?!

I Love You...No You (Daebaek / Hyun family)

Baekhyun didn't hear the notification sound on his phone as he ran down the sidewalk towards Chen's apartment.

He kept thinking about what would happen if Chen sent the picture to Chanyeol. Chanyeol was already protective enough and worried about Baekhyun hurting him again. He couldn't let Chen send the picture.

Baekhyun knocked on the door to Chen's apartment when he got there.  He stood there and tried to catch his breath as he waited for Chen to open the door.

Baekhyun heard Chen open the door shortly after and Baekhyun pushed his way inside passed Chen.

'What the hell, Baek?' Chen glared at him.

Baekhyun glared back at him and ignored his question. 'What the hell is with you sending me that picture?' Baekhyun asked.

Chen shut the door and went over to Baekhyun. 'I didn't want to do it. But I had to know what was going on'.

'Nothing was going on. Mind your own business'.

Chen crossed his arms and eyed Baekhyun carefully. 'I am minding my own business. Chanyeol is my friend too, and I don't want to see you hurt him again'.

'Nothing happened!' Baekhyun yelled. 'I'm not hurting Chanyeol. I love him. You know that'.

Chen shook his head. 'That's not what it looked like when I saw you cuddling, kissing and holding hands with that guy in the park'.

'It's not what you think'.

'Then tell me what it is'.

'He's just a friend'.

Chen sighed. 'Come on Baekhyun. You can do better than that. I've known you for years and all the boys you claim are "just friends" are nothing more than one night stands or friends with benefits'.

Baekhyun bit his lip and tried to do everything he could to not punch Chen that very second. But he knew Chen was telling the truth.

'Is this why you don't want to marry Chanyeol? So you can sleep with every guy you want?'

'No! I love Chanyeol!' Baekhyun yelled looking at the ground.

'Are you trying to convince me or yourself?' Chen asked.

Baekhyun shook his head. 'I...I...' Baekhyun sat on the couch and put his head in his hands.

Chen went over and sat next to him and put his hand on his shoulder.

'Baek, don't keep doing this to Chanyeol. If you don't love him and can't stay committed to him, then let him find someone that truly loves him'.

'I do love him'. Baekhyun said not taking his head from his hands.

'Then why do you keep doing this to him?'

Baekhyun shook his head. 'I don't know'.

'What about the guy from the park?' Chen asked. 'Is he another one night stand?'

Baekhyun shook his head again. 'No, I've been seeing him for a awhile'.

'What?' Chen pulled away from Baekhyun. 'How long?'

'Since Chanyeol and I went to celebrate our one year anniversary'.

'Baek!'

'I met him at the hotel Chanyeol and I were staying at'.

'So you didn't think it was a big deal to hook up with someone else when you and your boyfriend are celebrating your one year anniversary?'

'I didn't think I would see him again after we left the hotel. But he lives here in town'.

'How convenient...' Chen said sarcastically. 'Is he the guy from the café you ditched us for?'

Baekhyun nodded. 'I'm sorry. I don't know what it is about him. But I have a hard time saying 'no' to him'.

'You really need to figure things out, Baek. You can't keep playing with them like this'.

'I know'.

Baekhyun turned to Chen and looked him in the eye. 'Just promise me something'.

'What?' Chen raised his eyebrow.

'Don't say anything to anyone about this. And most importantly, don't send that picture to Chanyeol'.

'Baek...'

Baekhyun grabbed Chen's shirt and got in his face. 'You can't send him that picture. Promise!'

Chen sighed and pulled out of Baekhyun's grip. 'I can't promise anything. But, if you don't get this mess straightened out soon, I will send the picture. I won't have you keep hurting Chanyeol'.

'I'm not trying to hurt him'.

'Then why can't you commit to him? Why do you feel you have to sleep with every guy that's interested in you?'

Baekhyun shrugged. 'I can't explain it. I guess I'm just lonely when Chanyeol is at work'.

'So sleeping around is your only choice?'

Baekhyun stood up. 'I know you don't understand'.

'Of course I don't understand why it's so hard for you to commit to one person'. Chen glared at him. 'These boys are not toys you can play with and throw away when you get bored. They have feelings and want someone they can commit to and have a family with'.

Chen put his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder again. 'Put yourself in Chanyeol's shoes. How would you feel knowing the person you love doesn't feel the same way? That they feel like you don't satisfy them so they find other people to satisfy them'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'I get it'.

'Do you?'

'Yes. I'm a terrible boyfriend. Is that what you want to hear?'

Chen shook his head. 'No. What I want is for you to choose one person to stay loyal to. Stop using these boys as toys. Pick one, love them, start a family with them. Be happy. Stop sleeping around'.

Baekhyun sighed again and was getting ready to reply when his phone started ringing. 

Baekhyun pulled it out of his pocket and saw it was Daehyun. He saw a few missed text messages from him.

'Is it him?' Chen asked crossing his arms.

Baekhyun squeezed his phone. 'Maybe'.

'What are you going to do?'

'I don't know. I need time to think'.

'Just remember what I said'.

Baekhyun nodded and left Chen's apartment.

 

Once Baekhyun was outside, he pulled his phone out and called Daehyun.

'Finally'. Daehyun said when he answered. 'I was getting worried'.

Baekhyun gave a small smile. 'Everything is fine'.

'Good. Are you coming over?'

'Of course. I'm on my way'.

Baekhyun hung up the phone and kept walking towards Daehyun's apartment.

Daehyun was on the balcony waiting for him.

Baekhyun made his way inside Daehyun's apartment and went over to him.

Daehyun wrapped his arms around Baekhyun's waist and kissed his forehead.

Baekhyun held Daehyun tightly. He felt a lot more relaxed now that he was with Daehyun instead of Chen. He could leave the drama of Chen, Chanyeol and the picture behind.

'Nice outfit'. Daehyun said as he pulled away from Baekhyun.

Baekhyun looked down and forgot he was still in his pjs, no makeup, his hair a mess'.

'I left in a hurry'. Baekhyun said as he tried to cover his pjs

Daehyun smiled and kissed him. 'Don't worry. You still look great'.

Baekhyun pulled Daehyun to him again and held him.

'Are you okay?' Daehyun asked as he rubbed Baekhyun's arm.

Baekhyun nodded against his chest. 'Perfect'. He looked up at Daehyun and kissed him.

Daehyun took Baekhyun over to the couch and sat down.

Baekhyun held him tight the whole time.

'You sure you're okay?'

'Yes'. Baekhyun smiled. 'I'm just tired'.

'So you want to spend our time together sleeping?'

'No, just cuddling and thinking about how lucky I am to have you'.

Daehyun smiled and pulled Baekhyun to him. It wasn't long before Baekhyun was laying on top of Daehyun and they were kissing passionately. Baekhyun got lost in everything around him. He just needed Daehyun's touch and comfort.

They kissed for awhile before Baekhyun feel asleep on Daehyun's chest. 

Daehyun smiled as he played with Baekhyun's hair and kissed his forehead. Then he pulled a blanket over them and watched Baekhyun sleep.

He took in all of Baekhyun's features and smiled at how beautiful and peaceful Baekhyun looked as he slept.

As Daehyun kept staring at Baekhyun, he noticed red marks on Baekhyun's collarbone. Daehyun reached up and gently pulled Baekhyun's shirt down his shoulder. He saw a few more red marks. Daehyun looked at them confused he was hoping Baekhyun hadn't hurt himself. Surely they weren't hickeys from someone else...

Daehyun looked at the marks on Baekhyun for a few minutes before Baekhyun started to move in his sleep.

Daehyun let go of Baekhyun's shirt and kissed the top of his head.

He saw Baekhyun give a slight smile in his sleep.

 

*One week later*

 

Baekhyun sat on the couch, waiting for Chanyeol to come home. He had received a text from Chanyeol saying he was leaving work early and for Baekhyun to get dressed up.

Baekhyun was confused when he read the text, but he figured Chanyeol was taking him some place fancy.

Chanyeol got home around four and went over to Baekhyun.

'You look amazing, babe'. He said as he kissed Baekhyun.

Baekhyun smiled and grabbed Chanyeol's arm. 'So where are we going?'

'Not telling'.

'Why not?' Baekhyun pouted.

Chanyeol smiled without answering Baekhyun's question and led him outside to the car.

Baekhyun kept trying to get Chanyeol to tell him where they were going.

'Does it matter where we're going?' Chanyeol asked as he drove.

'I just wanna know why you wanted me to get all dressed up'.

'If I tell you, you'll tell me to turn the car around. So, I'm not telling you'.

Baekhyun crossed his arms and sat back in his seat as he pouted.

Chanyeol looked over and smiled at him.

'It won't be that bad'.

Baekhyun turned his attention towards the window and stopped talking to Chanyeol.

 

A few minutes later, Chanyeol stopped the car and got out. Baekhyun looked around confused and got out of the car. He tried to catch up to Chanyeol.

'What are we doing here?' Baekhyun asked when he realized Chanyeol didn't take him to a restaurant.

'I have to be here'. Chanyeol whispered to him. 'It's a company dinner for the place I work'.

'So you brought me to your job?'

'Dinner'. Chanyeol corrected him. 'They told us to bring our significant other'.

Baekhyun sighed. He didn't know these people. But he tried to find something to do while Chanyeol mingled with his coworkers.

Baekhyun made his way to the food table and looked around at all the food. He figured he'd stay there as he waited for Chanyeol.

 

A few of Chanyeol's coworkers went over to Baekhyun and started talking to him. They mostly wanted to know who he was there with. Some of them even flirted with him. But Baekhyun made it clear he wasn't interested in any of them.

As Baekhyun tried to get away from the people around him, he heard someone call his name.

'Baek?'

Baekhyun turned to the voice and didn't see anyone through the mass of people crowding the food.

'Baek?'

He heard his name again and saw someone headed in his direction.

Baekhyun froze when he realized Daehyun was walking over to him.

'Baek?'

Baekhyun didn't move when Daehyun was standing right in front of him.

'What are you doing here?' Daehyun asked.

Baekhyun opened his mouth to speak and thought carefully of what to say. 'My roommate brought me. What are you doing here?'

Daehyun got ready to answer Baekhyun when he got cut off by Chanyeol.

'There you are'. Chanyeol said as he stood next to Baekhyun. 'I see you've met the new guy'.

Baekhyun's eyes got wide as he looked at Chanyeol. 'What?'

'Daehyun just started working on the new project with me'. Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun looked from Chanyeol to Daehyun. He felt sick. His worst nightmare was coming true. Chanyeol and Daehyun knew about each other and were now working together on the same project.

'Baek?' Chanyeol asked as he reached for him.

'Are you okay?' Daehyun started reaching for Baekhyun.

Before Chanyeol or Daehyun could reach him, Baekhyun fell on the floor unconscious.