Supportive fiance

I Love You...No You (Daebaek / Hyun family)

Daehyun went home after Baekhyun and Taehyung left the school. A lot was going through his mind as he walked through the door of his house. He still couldn't believe he had a son with Baekhyun. He wanted to help Baekhyun with Taehyung, but he wasn't sure how Youngjae would take the news about him being a father.

Daehyun set his keys on the counter and headed to the bedroom to change. As he was changing, he heard Youngjae open the front door.

'Dae, are you home?' Youngjae called from the living room.

'I'm in the bedroom. I'll be out in a minute'. He replied.

Daehyun finished changing and left the bedroom. He found Youngjae in the kitchen and went over to him.

'Hey'. Daehyun smiled and kissed him.

'Hey, how was your day?' Youngjae asked as he started taking food out of the refrigerator.

'Definitely interesting'. Daehyun said.

'Why's that?'

Daehyun went over to Youngjae and pulled him away from the refrigerator. Youngjae looked at him confused.

'What's going on?' Youngjae asked as he put the food on the counter.

'We need to talk'. Daehyun said in a serious tone, his smile fading from his face.

'This seems serious'. 

'It is'. Daehyun said. 'I need to tell you something important that's going to change our lives'.

Youngjae grabbed Daehyun's hand and got a worried look on his face. 'You're not calling off the wedding are you? It's only a couple months away'.

Daehyun smiled and shook his head. 'No, don't worry. We're still getting married'.

Youngjae sighed in relief. 'Then what's going on?'

Daehyun took Youngjae to the living room and sat on the couch.

Daehyun squeezed Youngjae's hand and looked down at his lap.

'You remember my ex, Baekhyun right?'

Youngjae nodded. 'Did he try to do something to you?'

Daehyun shook his head. 'No, but I did see him today after school'.

'And?'

'His son is my class'.

'Really?' Youngjae asked. 'So you have to see your ex every day?'

Daehyun nodded. 'But that's not what I wanted to talk to you about'.

'Then what?' 

'When I found out his son was in my class, I called him in after school to talk to him about his son. But then we started talking about what happened between us, about him and Chanyeol. And everything that happened when I didn't call him back after all these years'.

'So you finally found out what he wanted to tell you?'

Daehyun nodded. 'I should of called him back...' He whispered.

Youngjae got closer to Daehyun and rubbed his shoulders. 'Dae, what happened?'

Daehyun sighed and put his hand on Youngjae's knee. 'This is where this information changes our lives'.

'Dae, just spit it out already. You're killing me here'.

'Alright'. Daehyun said. 'Baekhyun told me that Chanyeol isn't Taehyung's father after all'. He looked up at Youngjae. 'I am'.

Youngjae froze in his spot and looked at Daehyun shocked. 'Are you kidding me?' 

Daehyun shook his head.

'Are you sure it's not a trick?'

'He showed me the results of the DNA test. It said I was the father'.

'I don't believe this'. Youngjae said as he pulled away from Daehyun.

Daehyun grabbed his hand. 'I'm sorry. But I don't want this to come between us'.

Youngjae looked at Daehyun carefully. 'You have a child with your ex...I'm not thrilled about it, but I'm not going to leave you'.

Daehyun smiled and kissed his cheek. 'I just wanted you to know since I'll be spending time with him outside of the classroom so we can make up for the time we lost'.

Youngjae smiled. 'Don't worry. I understand. I'm just glad your ex didn't try and take you from me'.

Youngjae put his arms around Daehyun and put his head on Daehyun's shoulder.

Daehyun rubbed his back and kissed his forehead. 'Actually, he did try and get back with me'.

Youngjae raised his head from Daehyun's shoulder and looked at him. 'What did you tell him?'

'I told him I couldn't get back together with him because I was getting married'. Daehyun said.

'Guess he wasn't happy about that'.

Daehyun nodded. 'He was upset, but he understood'. 

'Does he still have Chanyeol in his life?' Youngjae asked.

'He said ever since he found out I was Taehyung's father that he and Chanyeol don't talk much anymore'. Daehyun sighed. 'Taehyung has been without a father his whole life. Baekhyun never got together with anyone else'.

Youngjae looked at Daehyun. 'Don't worry about Baekhyun. Just worry about your son'.

'That's the thing. Taehyung says Baekhyun cries all the time at night. He knows Baekhyun is hurting because of what happened'. Daehyun sighed. 'Taehyung is also hurting because he doesn't have a father in his life'.

'That's Baekhyun's fault for cheating and using you and Chanyeol'.

'I know, but Taehyung shouldn't have to suffer for Baekhyun's mistake'.

Youngjae kissed Daehyun's cheek and squeezed his shoulder.

'Dae, this is your chance to be a father to your son. To make up for Baekhyun's mistake'. 

Daehyun smiled. 'I'm glad you're okay about me having a son. I was worried about Telling you'.

'Hey, you know you can tell me anything. Whether it's good or bad. You shouldn't be worried about telling me anything'.

Daehyun squeezed Youngjae's thigh. 'I was just worried how you would take the news about me having a child with my ex'.

'Dae, don't worry. I love you. I'll support you with raising your son'.

Daehyun smiled and kissed Youngjae. 'You're amazing you know that?'

Youngjae kissed him back. 'I know I am. You mean everything to me. Your ex isn't going to change anything'.

Daehyun kept kissing Youngjae and got on top of him as they layed down on the couch.

'Dae?' Youngjae asked between kisses.

'Hmm?'

'What about dinner?'

Daehyun kept kissing Youngjae even at the mention of food. 'It can wait'.

Youngjae pulled away from him and felt his forehead. 'That's not like you. Are you okay?'

Daehyun smiled. 'I'm great. I have a child and an amazing, supportive fiance'. He said as he went back to kissing Youngjae. 'What more could I want?'

'At least let me put the food back in the fridge'. Youngjae said as he tried to get away from Daehyun.

'Why kill the mood?' Daehyun asked pulling away from him.

'Because I don't want to give you food poisoning'.

Daehyun sighed and got off of Youngjae.

Youngjae quickly put the food away and went back to Daehyun.Youngjae pulled Daehyun back to him and kissed him passionately. 

Daehyun didn't waste any time getting back to where they left off. He was happy after talking to Youngjae. And making love with him helped him take his mind off of his stress.

 

As Baekhyun drove Taehyung home, Taehyung noticed how quiet Baekhyun was being. Taehyung was afraid to say anything and upset Baekhyun.

When they got home, Taehyung followed Baekhyun into the living room. Baekhyun still hadn't said much on the way home. 

Taehyung went over to Baekhyun and grabbed his hand. 'Eomma?'

Baekhyun turned to him. 'What is it, baby?'

'Umm...is Mr. Jung my appa?'

Baekhyun's eyes got wide at the mention of Daehyun. 'Why do you ask that?'

'I heard you and Mr. Jung talking while I was in the hall'.

Baekhyun sighed and sat down on the couch. He picked Taehyung up and sat him in his lap.

Taehyung looked at Baekhyun curiously. 'Yes, Tae. He is your appa. I'm sorry you're only finding out about this now'.

'Where has he been?'

'It's complicated, sweetie. He would of been around sooner if I hadn't messed things up between us'.

'Is that why you cry at night, eomma?'

Baekhyun slowly nodded. 'I didn't think you had heard me, but Mr. Jung showed me the picture you drew'. Baekhyun looked at Taehyung and kissed his cheek. 'I'm sorry you have to hear me like that. I'm even more sorry for losing your father'.

'Why can't you get back together with appa?'

'Because, he's with someone else. We can't be together'.

'But, I want you two together. I want a family like Jimin and Jungkook have'.

'I'm sorry, Tae. You would of had a family like your friends if it wasn't for me'.

'What did you do?'

Baekhyun shook his head. 'It's not important, Tae. Just know I love you and I'm not going to hurt you like that again'.

Baekhyun kissed the top of his head. 'Believe me, I want to be a family with your father as well. But as long as he's with someone else, it's not going to happen'.

'Can I visit appa?'

Baekhyun nodded. 'I'll talk to him and see what time works best for him so you can go spend time with him'.

'Okay'.

Baekhyun smiled and pulled Taehyung off his lap. 'I'll go make dinner and call your father'.

Taehyung nodded and went to his room.

 

Daehyun and Youngjae were cuddling on the couch when the phone rang.

Daehyun reached over and picked up the phone and saw Baekhyun's name on the screen. He looked down at Youngjae before answering the phone.

'Baek?What's going on?'

'I was wondering when you'd want to spend time with Taehyung.'

'Umm, how about tomorrow? You can bring him by in the morning'.

'Alright. Is your fiance going to be there?'

'Yeah, why?'

'I just didn't want it to be awkward with him and Taehyung'.

'No, Youngjae's fine with it'.

'Really?'

'Yeah. So, there shouldn't be any problems'.

'Good. I'll bring Taehyung by tomorrow then'.

Daehyun gave Baekhyun his address and hung up the phone.

 

'Everything okay?' Youngjae asked.

Daehyun nodded. 'Baekhyun is bringing Taehyung over tomorrow so we can spend time together'.

'So, I'll get to meet your son?'

Daehyun nodded. 'Baekhyun was worried it would be awkward between you and Taehyung'.

'Why?' Youngjae looked at him confused. 'It's not like I'm going to hurt him. He is your son afterall'.

'I know you won't'. Daehyun kissed him. 'I think Baekhyun is just being paranoid'.

 

The next day, Baekhyun started getting Taehyung ready to go see Daehyun at his house. Taehyung was excited to see his appa outside of school. He was even more excited to tell Jimin and Jungkook that he had an appa like them.

Baekhyun kneeled next to Taehyung before they left the house. 'Now Tae, your appa's fiance is going to be there. So be nice to him'.

Taehyung nodded. 'Okay'.

'And tell me if he does anything mean to you. I'll take care of it'.

'I will, eomma'.

Baekhyun smiled and left the house with Taehyung when he was ready. Then Baekhyun took Taehyung to the address Daehyun gave him.

 

Baekhyun walked Taehyung up to the door and rang the bell when they got there.

Baekhyun heard the door open right away. He looked over and didn't see Daehyun like he hoped. He came face to face with Youngjae.

'Is Daehyun here?' Baekhyun asked as he held Taehyung's hand.

Youngjae nodded. 'He's inside'. 

Baekhyun eyed Youngjae up and down. 'Well his son is here to see him'.

Youngjae went to grab Taehyung's hand. 'You do look a lot like your father'. Youngjae smiled. 'He's been telling me a lot about you...both of you'.

Baekhyun fake smiled and held onto Taehyung. 'I'm sure he's done nothing but bad mouth me'.

'You did put him through a lot'. Youngjae crossed his arms.

'That's in the past and I'm not going to talk about that with you. I just came to drop off Taehyung'.

Daehyun came to the door and saw Baekhyun and Youngjae in a heated conversation.

'What's going on?'

'Nothing'. Baekhyun and Youngjae said.

'Didn't sound like nothing'.

'It's fine. Really'. Baekhyun said as he gave Taehyung to Daehyun. 'I gotta go'. Baekhyun kissed Taehyung's cheek and looked at Daehyun and Youngjae before he left.

Baekhyun sat in his car for a few minutes not wanting to leave Taehyung with Youngjae. He wasn't sure he could trust him knowing Daehyun told him when he'd done to Daehyun. Baekhyun just hoped nothing happened to Taehyung as long as Daehyun was there.