Blast from the past

I Love You...No You (Daebaek / Hyun family)

The next morning, Daehyun layed in bed awake. He didn't get much sleep after talking to Baekhyun. He hated this hold Baekhyun had on him. All he wanted to do was move on.

Daehyun looked over and saw Youngjae was still asleep next to him with his arm wrapped around him.

Daehyun smiled and tried to get out of the bed without waking him. 

As Daehyun started to sit up, he saw his phone on the nightstand. Daehyun reached over and picked it up. He saw Baekhyun had tried to call him again.

Daehyun stared as his phone not knowing if he should call Baekhyun or not. He was curious about what Baekhyun wanted to tell him. But he was also worried it was a trap. And that was a trap he didn't want to fall back in to.

Daehyun's finger hovered over Baekhyun's number, debating what to do.

Just as Daehyun was getting ready to hit the 'call' button, he saw Youngjae start moving next to him.

Youngjae looked up at him. 'What are you doing?' He asked half asleep.

Daehyun quickly turned his phone off. 'Nothing'.

Youngjae sat up and got closer to him.

'Dae, it can't be nothing. You were up most the night tossing and turning'.

Daehyun looked over at Youngjae and saw how worried he was.

'Dae, what's bothering you?'

Daehyun looked down at the black screen on his phone.

'I really didn't want to get you involved in this.'

'Involved in what?'

'I got a call from my ex last night'.

Daehyun didn't look at Youngjae as he talked. He didn't want to see his reaction at the mention of Baekhyun.

'What did he want?'

Daehyun shrugged. 'That's just it, I don't know. We got disconnected'.

Daehyun sighed. 'I don't know if I should call him back or not'.

'Dae...' Youngjae grabbed the phone from him. 'He's your past. He probably wants to get back together with you'.

Daehyun grabbed his phone back and set it back on the nightstand. 'That's what I'm worried about'.

Daehyun turned back to Youngjae. 'He knows I've moved on, so I don't know why he's calling me. But he said it was important'.

Youngjae ran his hand up and down Daehyun's arm. 'I can't tell you what to do, but I hope you'll make the right choice'.

Daehyun smiled as he pulled Youngjae to him. 'Don't worry, I'm happy with you'. He said as he kissed Youngjae. 'I love you'.

Youngjae kissed him back. 'I love you too'.

Daehyun held Youngjae in his arms when they separated. 'I just wonder what is so important that he won't leave me alone'.

Youngjae sat back up and faced Daehyun. He grabbed Daehyun's face and pulled him to him.

'Dae, listen to me. Either you call your ex back, or you ignore it and forget it happened. Either way, don't let it keep bothering you. Okay?'

Daehyun nodded. 'I'm just glad you're okay with this'.

Youngjae smiled at him. 'I trust you. I'm not worried about your ex. You're with me now'.

Daehyun smiled and kissed Youngjae passionately. 

The more Daehyun talked to Youngjae, the more Daehyun realized how happy he was now and decided not to get involved with Baekhyun anymore. No matter how important his news was.

 

*5 years later*

 

Baekhyun was in the kitchen making breakfast from him and Taehyung.

When the food was ready, he made his way to Taehyung's room to wake him up.

He opened the door and went over to his bed and started shaking him.

'Baby, get up. You need to get ready for your first day of school'.

Taehyung opened his eyes and looked at Baekhyun. 'It's too early, eomma'.

'I know, but you need to get up. I made breakfast for you'.

Taehyung didn't move so Baekhyun pulled the covers off of him and picked him up out of the bed and carried him to the kitchen.

Taehyung layed his head on Baekhyun's shoulder as he carried him.

Baekhyun set him down in the chair at the table and put his breakfast in front of him.

 

Baekhyun watched as Taehyung tried to eat his food half asleep. He smiled and went over to him to help him eat.

Baekhyun put the spoon next to Taehyung's mouth and saw he had fallen asleep again.

'Wake up, Taehyung'. He said as he shook his shoulders.

'I'm not hungry, eomma'. He said as he pulled away from Baekhyun.

'I know, but it's going to be awhile before you get to eat again'.

Baekhyun managed to finish feeding Taehyung and then started getting him ready for school. Taehyung fought him the whole time, but Baekhyun won in the end.

 

Daehyun was getting ready for work at his new job when Youngjae walked in the room.

'Are you ready for your first day?' He asked as he went over to Daehyun.

Daehyun nodded. 'Yeah, but I'm nervous. I've never taught a class before'.

Youngjae smiled and kissed him. 'You'll be fine. It's not like you have to give lectures to adults or anything. You just have to watch kids play, tell them stories, give them snacks and teach them basic things. Anyone could do it'.

Daehyun nodded. 'You're right'.

'Of course I am'. He smirked. 'Now go have fun'.

Daehyun smiled and kissed him. 'I'll see you later'.

Daehyun grabbed his stuff and left their apartment.

 

Baekhyun took Taehyung to school and helped him find his classroom. Taehyung clung to Baekhyun the whole time since he didn't know anybody.

Baekhyun took Taehyung inside the classroom and pried him off his leg. He kneeled down next to him and saw how scared Taehyung looked.

'Don't worry, Taehyung, I'll be back to pick you up before you know it'.

Taehyung pouted at him. 'I don't want you to leave'. He said as he grabbed Baekhyun and hugged him.

'Sweetie, I can't stay'. Baekhyun said as he kissed his cheek. 'Why don't you go have fun and play with some of the kids? They have toys over there'. Baekhyun pointed.

'I have toys at home'. Taehyung said.

'I know, but you need to stay here while I go to work'.

Taehyung still didn't let go of Baekhyun. 'I don't know anyone here'.

Baekhyun smiled. 'You're not the only one. It's everyone's first day'.

Taehyung still wouldn't let go of Baekhyun. Baekhyun sighed and rubbed his back.

 

Suddenly a little boy went over to Baekhyun and Taehyung with some toys in his hands.

'Hey, you want to come play cars with me?' He asked.

Taehyung looked at him unsure.

'You can be the green car'. He said as he held the car out to Taehyung.

'Go ahead, Tae'. Baekhyun said, gently pushing Taehyung closer to him.

'I don't know him, eomma'.

Baekhyun sighed and looked at the boy. 'What's your name?'

'I'm Jungkook'. He smiled.

'This is my son, Taehyung'. Baekhyun said as he kept trying to get Taehyung to play.

'Now you know each, Tae'. Baekhyun smiled.

Taehyung slowly got closer to Jungkook and took the car from him.

'Let's go'. Jungkook said as he grabbed Taehyung's hand and took him to an empty spot in the room.

Baekhyun smiled at the boys and was relieved Taehyung had finally stopped clinging to him. Baekhyun stood up and left the classroom and headed for work.

 

Taehyung was starting to feel more comfortable the longer he and Jungkook played together. He didn't even notice Baekhyun had left the classroom.

As Jungkook and Taehyung were playing, another boy came over to them and grabbed the last car available.

'Can I play with you? There's too many girls over there playing with dolls'.

Taehyung and Jungkook looked at him and nodded.

'What's your name?' Taehyung asked him.

'Jimin'.

'I'm Taehyung'. 

'I'm Jungkook'.

The boys smiled and went back to playing.

 

The boys were having so much fun, they didn't notice the teacher go over to them.

'Looks like you boys are having fun over here'. He smiled.

All three boys nodded.

'Well, I hate to break up your party over here, but I need everyone at the table right now'.

The boys groaned, but they got up and sat next to each other at the long table in the middle of the room.

 

Once all the kids were seated at the table, the teacher stood at the front of the room and introduced himself.

'Hi everyone, I'm Mr. Jung'. He smiled at them. 

'Now, since it's the first day of school, I want each of you to draw a picture of your family and then present it to the class so we can get to know each other better. You can add extra details to your drawing to make it more interesting'.

Daehyun and his teacher assistant grabbed the papers and handed them out to all the kids then they gave them crayons and markers.

Taehyung looked at the paper in front of him as everyone else started drawing.

Taehyung started drawing two stick figures. He drew Baekhyun and himself and his house.

 

Daehyun started walking around the room as all the kids drew their pictures. But his attention kept being drawn to one boy in particular.

No matter what angle he looked at him, he saw Baekhyun's features. Daehyun didn't think it was possible that Baekhyun's son could be in his class of all classes. 

Daehyun turned from Taehyung and tried to pay attention to the other kids.

 

Once the kids were done drawing, Daehyun had them go around the room and talk about their picture.

Taehyung was one of the last ones to show his picture. He stood up and showed his picture to the class.

'I'm Taehyung and this is me and my eomma'. Taehyung said pointing to each stick figure. 'We live by ourselves'.

Daehyun looked at Taehyung carefully. 'You don't have pets or siblings?'

Taehyung shook his head sadly. 'No. It's always been me and eomma'.

Daehyun gave a small smile. 'Thank you, Taehyung. You can sit down'.

Taehyung handed Daehyun his picture and sat back down.

Jimin and Jungkook explained their drawings after Taehyung. Taehyung was kinda jealous to see they had bigger families than he did. The only people Taehyung knew were Chen, Kai and Chanyeol, but none of them were his father.

Taehyung rarely saw Chen, Kai and Chanyeol ever since he and Baekhyun moved out of Chen's apartment and got their own place.

 

Taehyung was kinda quiet for the rest of the day, even when Jimin and Jungkook tried to play with him again as they waited for their parents to show up to pick them up.

'Come on, TaeTae'. Jungkook said. 'You're it'.

Taehyung looked at him confused. 'TaeTae?'

Jungkook smiled and nodded. 'It's your nickname'.

'Why?'

'TaeTae is more fun to say'.

Taehyung smiled as Jimin and Jungkook ran from him so he could chase them.

Taehyung ran and tagged Jimin. 'You're it!'

Jimin sighed in frustration and started chasing them.

 

As the boys chased each other, Daehyun was looking at the kid's drawings from earlier. He still wondered if Taehyung was Baekhyun's son. And if he was, then what happened to Chanyeol?

So many questions were going through his head. But he decided to not worry about it. It wasn't his place to get involved. All he was was Taehyung's teacher.

 

One by one, the kids started leaving to go home. Taehyung was still playing with Jimin and Jungkook when Baekhyun showed up.

Baekhyun smiled as he saw how much fun Taehyung was having. He hated to interrupt him, but he wanted to go home.

'Taehyung!' Baekhyun called. 'Let's go'.

Taehyung turned when he heard Baekhyun. 'Okay'.

He said bye to Jimin and Jungkook and went over to Baekhyun.

'Did you have fun?' Baekhyun asked as they started walking out of the classroom.

'Yes. I like Jimin and Jungkook. They're a lot of fun'.

'Good. How's your teacher?'

'He's nice'.

'See, it wasn't so bad was it?'

Taehyung shook his head. 'I like it here'.

Baekhyun smiled and took Taehyung home.

 

Daehyun was still looking at Taehyung's picture when he heard a familiar voice. He looked up and saw Taehyung run over to Baekhyun.

Daehyun stared at Baekhyun the whole time not knowing what to do. He was afraid of Baekhyun seeing him right now. He wasn't ready to confront him. But before he knew it, Baekhyun left with Taehyung without looking in his direction.

Daehyun sighed in relief but he was still in shock about seeing Baekhyun. He didn't think he'd ever see him again. He thought that part of his life was finally behind him.