I can't...

I Love You...No You (Daebaek / Hyun family)

Months had past since the incident with Daehyun and Chanyeol. Baekhyun was trying to move on and get his life together with help from Chen and Kai.

Chen let Baekhyun stay at his place for awhile since he saw how depressed Baekhyun had been since losing Chanyeol and Daehyun.

Chen didn't want to let Baekhyun out of his sight because he was afraid he'd try and hurt himself.

Kai stayed with Baekhyun while Chen was at work. He tried to take Baekhyun's mind off of Chanyeol and Daehyun by taking him out and trying to find another guy for him to be with. But Baekhyun couldn't bring himself to be with anyone. He hated the idea of being with someone who wasn't Daehyun or Chanyeol.

Baekhyun would keep to himself the whole time he was out with Kai.

'This isn't like you'. Kai said as he looked at an emotionless Baekhyun sitting across from him. 'Usually you're all over the guys you see'.

Baekhyun looked at him. 'I don't want any of these guys.'

'Not even for ?'

Baekhyun shook his head. 'There's only one guy I want, and he hates me'.

Kai couldn't believe how much Baekhyun changed since losing Chanyeol and Daehyun. 

'Daehyun still hasn't messaged you?'

Baekhyun shook his head. 'It's been months since I messaged him. He's never going to message me back'.

Baekhyun stood up. 'Let's go home. I don't want to be here anymore'.

Kai nodded and took Baekhyun home.

Baekhyun locked himself in his room when they got back. He didn't want to see or talk to anyone.

No matter what Baekhyun or anyone did, Baekhyun just wasn't himself anymore. Nothing made him happy. He felt alone and unwanted by everyone even though he had a few guys flirt with him. But he quickly turned them down.

He didn't think he could live like this anymore. Until one day, everything changed.

 

*A few months later*

 

Baekhyun was sitting on the couch at Chen's apartment, when Chen and Kai walked over to him. Both of them looked like they'd been through hell from lack of sleep.

'Nice look'. Baekhyun smiled at them.

'Hey, we would of gotten sleep if he hadn't kept us up most the night'. Chen pointed at the bundle in Baekhyun's arms.

'It's not his fault. He's just a baby'.

Baekhyun smiled and kissed the baby's forehead.

'I still can't believe you have a baby'. Chen said.

'Me either'. Kai added. 'I never pictured you as the motherly type'.

'The only problem is that I don't know who the father is'. Baekhyun sighed.

'He's got to remind you of some guy you've been with'.

Baekhyun looked at his son carefully taking in every detail. He saw a lot of his own features, but wasn't sure about the father side.

'I don't know'. Baekhyun shrugged. 'My guess is he's either Chanyeol or Daehyun's son. They were the last guys I slept with'.

'You need to tell them'. Chen said. 'They should know that they possibly have a child'.

Baekhyun shook his head. 'They won't want a child with me. It's better they don't know'.

'Baek...' Kai sat next to him on the couch. 'Don't keep your son from his father. You'll regret it'.

Baekhyun held his son close to him. 'He'll be fine. He has me'.

'What if he asks you about his father?' Chen asked.

'I'll just say he's not here anymore'.

'Baek, don't take away their time with their son. Find out who the father is'.

Baekhyun bit his lip and thought about it. 'Fine'. He sighed. 'But how am I going to convince Chanyeol and Daehyun to take a DNA test?'

'Just tell them that you want to find out who the father of your son is'.

Baekhyun was afraid to get Chanyeol and Daehyun involved in his life again after he had worked so hard to move on from them. But he knew Chen and Kai were right.

 

*A few days later*

 

Baekhyun took his son,Taehyung, to the doctor's office to speak with the doctor. He was hoping he could do the DNA test without seeing Chanyeol or Daehyun.

The nurse called Baekhyun back to see the doctor. 

Baekhyun held Taehyung close to him as he followed the nurse. He sat down in the chair in the office and waited for the doctor.

Taehyung on his pacifier and looked at the room curiously. Baekhyun kissed his forehead as he held him.

 

The doctor walked into the office and sat down across from Baekhyun and Taehyung.

'Hi, Baekhyun. I'm doctor Kim. What can I do for you today?'

'Umm...I was looking to see about getting a DNA test for my son'.

Doctor Kim nodded. 'I see. Do the possible fathers know you're wanting to get the test done?'

Baekhyun shook his head. 'I was hoping we could get them tested without knowing what it's for'.

'They don't know about the baby?'

Baekhyun shook his head again. 'It's a complicated situation'. Baekhyun said. 'But is there anyway you can test them but not tell them it's for my son?'

'Unfortunately, the possible fathers would have to agree to take the test and sign the consent forms'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'I don't know how I can get them to agree to take the test. The possible fathers and I haven't spoken in months'.

'Let me see what I can do'. Doctor Kim said. 'If you give me their contact information. I can send them the consent forms for the DNA test'.

Baekhyun nodded. 'I don't know if they're still living at these addresses, but it's worth a shot'.

Doctor Kim handed Baekhyun a pen and paper.

Baekhyun started writing the information down. As he was writing. Taehyung reached out and tried to grab the pen from him.

Baekhyun moved the pen out of his reach and smiled. 'You can't have that'.

Taehyung looked at Baekhyun confused as he kept reaching for the pen.

He started crying when Baekhyun wouldn't give him the pen.

Baekhyun kissed his cheek. 'Don't cry'.

Doctor Kim handed Taehyung a small stuffed animal from his desk. 

Taehyung looked at it and grabbed it.

'Thank you'. Baekhyun said as he finished writing down Chanyeol and Daehyun's information.

He gave the paper back to doctor Kim.

'Hopefully you can get them to agree with the test'.

'I'll see what I can do'. Doctor Kim smiled. 'But first, let's get a DNA sample from your son'.

Baekhyun nodded and held Taehyung close as doctor Kim went over to them with a cotton swab.

Taehyung looked at the doctor carefully as he held the stuffed animal.

Baekhyun took the pacifier out of Taehyung's mouth. Taehyung looked at Baekhyun confused and started crying.

'It's okay, baby'. Baekhyun kissed his cheek. 'It'll be over soon'.

Doctor Kim grabbed Taehyung's chin and tried to swab his cheek to get the DNA sample, but Taehyung didn't make it easy for him.

Baekhyun had to hold Taehyung's head still as doctor Kim got the sample he needed.

Taehyung kept crying even after doctor Kim was done.

'It's okay'. Baekhyun said as he rocked Taehyung. 'It's over'.

Taehyung started calming down as Baekhyun kept rocking him.

'I'll send this DNA sample to the lab once we get the possible father's DNA samples'.

Baekhyun nodded and stood up. He noticed Taehyung was still holding the stuffed animal  and tried to give it back to doctor Kim. But Taehyung wouldn't let go of it and started crying again.

'He can keep it'. Doctor Kim said.

Baekhyun smiled and thanked the doctor again before leaving the room.

 

Baekhyun went back to Chen's apartment and put Taehyung down for his nap. Then he went into the living room and found Chen there watching tv.

'How'd it go?' He asked not taking his eyes off the screen.

'They have Taehyung's DNA sample, but now we need to convince Chanyeol and Daehyun to take the test'.

'They should do it. It is their son after all. I'd want to know if I was possibly the father of a baby'.

Baekhyun nodded, not saying anything about keeping Taehyung a secret from Chanyeol and Daehyun. He just hoped they'd agree to take the test and that one of them was the father.

 

Both Daehyun and Chanyeol received the consent papers for the DNA test a few days later. Both of them were confused when they received the papers. But they wanted to know what was going on so they both went to the doctor's office.

Chanyeol went into the waiting room and saw Daehyun in the corner. He went over and sat next to him.

'Did you get DNA consent forms too?'

Daehyun looked at him shocked and nodded. 'How'd you know?'

'I got them too'. Chanyeol said as he showed Daehyun the consent papers.

'What do you think it's about?' Dayhyun asked.

'I don't know. But I want to find out'.

'Do you think it has to do with Baekhyun?'

Chanyeol looked at him, almost disgusted at the mention of Baekhyun.

'Why would you say that?'

'Well, what other possibility could it be if it's just the two of us here for the test'.

'What could Baekhyun have to do with a DNA test?' Chanyeol asked.

Daehyun shrugged. 'I just think it's weird that it's the two of us'.

'We'll find out'. Chanyeol said as he sat back in the chair and waited.

 

Daehyun was called back first, then Chanyeol. The doctor told both of them they needed to test them to see if they were related to a baby since they couldn't figure out who the father was. They just didn't say which baby, but Daehyun and Chanyeol had their suspicions.

 

Daehyun and Chanyeol met again outside the office.

'Did they test you to see if you matched a baby?' Daehyun asked.

Chanyeol nodded. 'You don't think one of us is a father or something?'

Daehyun shrugged. 'I don't think it's possible either of us is a father'.

'Then why test us?'

Daehyun shrugged again. 'It's probably nothing. Just a mix up'.

'Hopefully'.

 

*Two weeks later*

 

Baekhyun was feeding Taehyung when Chen got home from work. He went over to Baekhyun and gave him an envelope.

Baekhyun took it and looked at the address.

'It's the DNA results'. Baekhyun said.

'Open it!' Chen yelled excitedly. He wanted to know who the father was.

Baekhyun's hands shook as he opened the envelope. He was scared neither one would be the father. 

Baekhyun pulled out the results and took a deep breath. He started to unfold the paper, but suddenly stopped.

'I can't do it'. Baekhyun said as he handed the paper to Chen.

Chen took the paper and unfolded it.

Baekhyun stared at him as he read the paper.

'Please tell me the father is Chanyeol or Daehyun'.

'It is'. Chen said as he lowered the paper.

'Which one?'

Chen handed the paper to Baekhyun. 'See for yourself'.

Baekhyun took the paper with shaky hands and saw the results on the bottom of the page.

 

'Byun Taehyung's DNA has matched with Park Chanyeol'.