Déjà vu

I Love You...No You (Daebaek / Hyun family)

Daehyun woke up the next morning tired. He hardly slept since he didn't know where the other necklace was.

Daehyun looked over to the other side of the bed and noticed Youngjae was gone. He got out of bed and made his way outside to look for the necklace again.

He looked everywhere in the grass, on the porch, but found nothing. He went back inside and lifted up the couch cushions, he looked under the couch, on the floor. He couldn't understand how one of the necklaces disappeared like that.

Daehyun sighed and kept looking. He didn't want to have to explain that necklace to Youngjae if he found it.

 

He decided to give up searching for the necklace after he looked everywhere. He started to wonder if one of the kids had it. But he figured he would of noticed them digging in his pocket.

Daehyun looked at the necklace he still had and flipped it to the back. He saw Baekhyun's name on it under their initials. 

When he had given Baekhyun the necklace, he had given him the one that had Daehyun's name, and he kept the one that had Baekhyun's name.

Daehyun squeezed the necklace, then hid it in his nightstand drawer under some papers. He'd find another hiding spot for it later.

 

While Daehyun was in the kitchen making breakfast, he heard his phone go off. He picked it up off the counter and saw Baekhyun's name on the screen. 

'Hello?' He answered.

'Dae, Taehyung wants to see you again before the weekend is over'.

'You can bring him by for a few hours'.

There was a pause before he heard Baekhyun speak. 'Actually, can you come over here and visit him?'

'Why can't he come here?' Daehyun asked.

'Dae...After what happened between your fiance and me, I don't want Taehyung to be around him'.

Daehyun sighed. 'Baek, he's going to be around Taehyung when we get married'.

'I don't feel comfortable leaving Taehyung around him. I'm sorry'.

'Youngjae isn't even here right now'.

'But he could show up at any time'.

Daehyun sighed again. 'Fine, I'll stop by your place for awhile'.

'Thank you'. Baekhyun said. He gave Daehyun his address and hung up.

 

Daehyun sent Youngjae a text saying he'd be gone for awhile to visit with Taehyung. Then he changed clothes and went to address Baekhyun had given him.

Daehyun rang the doorbell when he got there.

Baekhyun heard Taehyung screaming, 'Appa's here!', and went to answer the door.

Daehyun smiled at Baekhyun when he opened the door. Baekhyun let him inside.

Daehyun didn't get far inside before he felt Taehyung grab his leg.

'Let's go play, appa'.

Daehyun smiled at him. 'Okay'.

Taehyung turned to Baekhyun. 'You too, eomma'.

Baekhyun looked at Daehyun then back to Taehyung. 'You wanted to spend time with, appa, so go ahead. I have some things I need to do'.

Taehyung pouted. 'Please, eomma?'

Baekhyun sighed. 'Alright'.

Taehyung smiled and took his parent's hands.

Baekhyun and Daehyun looked at each other. Baekhyun had a feeling Daehyun would think this was a set up, but it wasn't.

Before they started playing games, Baekhyun grabbed Taehyung and pulled him away from from Daehyun.

'Taehyung, why do you want both of us to play games with you?'

'Because, it will be fun to play games with both of you, like a family, instead of just one of you'.

Baekhyun smiled. 'Listen to me, Tae. I get what you're trying to do, but your father and I aren't getting back together. I'm sorry'.

'But we can still play games together'.

Baekhyun shrugged. 'You're right'.

Taehyung smiled and grabbed Baekhyun's hand and they went back to Daehyun.

All three of them played games for awhile. Daehyun and Baekhyun were awkward around each other at first, but started loosening up and having fun.

Baekhyun loved seeing his son happy. He hadn't seen him this happy in a long time. He also loved how much Daehyun cared for Taehyung. He was glad Daehyun didn't turn his back on Taehyung and accepted Taehyung.

Baekhyun watched them play together before Taehyung got tired.

Daehyun picked Taehyung up and followed Baekhyun as he carried him to his room. Daehyun layed Taehyung down on the bed and followed Baekhyun out of the room.

Baekhyun went to the living room and started picking up Taehyung's toys.

'Thanks for coming over'. Baekhyun said as he put the toys in a basket.

'No problem'. Daehyun smiled. 'I like spending time with Taehyung'.

'I just appreciate you not forcing me to take him to your place'.

'As long as I get to spend time with my son. That's all that matters'.

Baekhyun smiled. 'He really likes you. As a father and a teacher'.

'He's a great kid'.

Baekhyun nodded. 'He is. I don't know what I'd do without him'.

Daehyun looked at Baekhyun as he handed him some toys. 'I'm sorry I wasn't there sooner for him'.

'All that matters is that you're here for him now'. Baekhyun put the basket of toys on the floor. 'Thank you for not turning your back on him'.

Daehyun gave him a confused look. 'Why would I turn my back on my son?'

Baekhyun shook his head. 'A lot of guys don't like to take responsibility for their kids. I'm just glad you're one of the ones that care about your son'. Baekhyun looked at him. 'You still care, even after what I did to you'.

'Baek, I'm not going to hate Taehyung for what happened between us. I'm going to take responsibility for him. Even though we aren't together. He's still my son, and I love him'.

Baekhyun smiled. 'You're so amazing. I never deserved you'.

'I think you just didn't know what you wanted at the time'.

Baekhyun nodded. 'It's true. I was confused about my feelings. But now that I know what I lost, I'm never forgive myself'. He sat down on the couch and put his head in his hands.

'Baek, you can find someone else who will love you and help you take care of Taehyung when I'm not around'.

'I tried...' Baekhyun said.

'What?'

'I tried to move on after that night. I tried dating a few guys, but all I kept thinking about was you and how I hurt you and Chanyeol'. Baekhyun looked up at Daehyun with tears running down his cheeks. 'Besides, the guys weren't my type. They were just rebounds. I couldn't be with someone like that. I had to think about Taehyung because I found out I was pregnant a couple weeks after I lost you and Chanyeol. Taehyung needed a real father in his life. But I couldn't find anyone that came close to you. So I gave up and just focused on raising Taehyung as a single parent'.

Daehyun reached over and starting rubbing Baekhyun's back. 'If I had known what you were going through with Taehyung, I would of helped'.

'But you wouldn't answer my phone calls'.

Daehyun sighed. 'I know. I thought I was doing the right thing. Now I know I shouldn't of ignored you'.

Baekhyun shook his head and wiped his tears. 'It doesn't matter anymore, it's in the past. Just know that I am not trying to get in the way of you and Youngjae. I have accepted the fact that I messed up my chance to be with you. And I realize even more that I never deserved you in the first place'.

Daehyun put his finger on Baekhyun's lips to shut him up. Baekhyun looked at him surprised.

'Just stop talking nonsense'. Daehyun said. 'I don't regret our time together. I just regret how it ended'.

Baekhyun sighed and looked down at the ground.

'Just know that I don't hate you. I wish things would of been different, but they aren't. We just have to accept what happened and move on. But I will always be here for you and Taehyung'.

'Even if your fiance is against it?' Baekhyun asked. 'He can't stand me'.

'I know. I'm trying to get him to calm down and to not fight with you when he sees you'.

'I think that's easier said than done'.

Daehyun nodded. 'He's afraid of losing me to you. But things will be okay. I promise'.

Baekhyun smiled. 'Thanks for everything, Dae. I promise I won't take you for granted anymore'.

Daehyun smiled as he kept rubbing Baekhyun's back. Then his phone went off. He reached in his pocket and saw a text from Youngjae asking how long he was going to stay with Taehyung.

Daehyun texted him back telling him he was leaving soon.

'Guess I should go'. Daehyun said as he put his phone back in his pocket.

Baekhyun nodded. 'Thanks again for coming over. It meant a lot to Taehyung'.

'He should have parents that get along and will spend time with him'.

Baekhyun smiled and stood up. He went to go walk Daehyun to the door, but his foot caught on the leg of the couch and he lost his footing.

Daehyun saw Baekhyun falling out of the corner of his eye and reached over to catch him. Baekhyun fell into Daehyun's arms and then they both fell on the ground. Baekhyun laying on top of Daehyun.

'I'm so sorry, Dae'. Baekhyun looked at him. 'Stupid couch leg'.

Daehyun smiled and looked up at him. 'It's alright. I'll live'.

Baekhyun went to stand up. As he did, Daehyun noticed their couple necklace dangling from Baekhyun's neck.

Daehyun stared at it and wondered why he didn't notice it before.

Baekhyun stood up and helped Daehyun up. Daehyun kept staring at their couple necklace around Baekhyun's neck. He was relieved he knew where it was now. But he wondered how Baekhyun got a hold of it. Then he realized Taehyung must of taken it when he wasn't paying attention.

Baekhyun noticed Daehyun looking at his neck. Baekhyun looked down and saw the necklace had fallen out of his shirt.

Baekhyun bit his lip and took the necklace off.

'Sorry, Taehyung said it fell out of your pocket'. Baekhyun handed him the necklace, but Daehyun didn't take it.

'Keep it'.

Baekhyun looked at him confused. 'Why?'

'I can't have it in my house around Youngjae'.

Baekhyun nodded. 'What about the other one?'

'It's hidden'.

Baekhyun put the necklace back around his neck. 

Daehyun reached over and flipped the necklace over in his hand. He saw his name on the back of the necklace and smiled.

'Funny how Taehyung took your original necklace'.

'What?'

'Your necklace has my name on it. My necklace has your name on it'.

'I didn't even notice your name on it till last night'. Baekhyun said as he looked at the necklace.

Daehyun nodded. 'I gave you the necklace with my name on it and kept the one with your name'.

Baekhyun smiled. 

'Just don't let Youngjae see you have a necklace with my name on it'. Daehyun said as he let go of the necklace.

'I'll make sure it's hidden from him'.

'I'm surprised you want to wear it'.

Baekhyun shrugged. 'Why not? I know we can't be together, but it makes me happy. The necklace is a reminder to me of how happy I was with you. You were an amazing part of my life. You treated me better than anyone, and you gave me Taehyung'.

Daehyun smiled. 'I really did love you. More than you know'.

'And I'm sorry I took it for granted. Because I really did love you. I still do... I just didn't know what to do back then. But if I could do things over, I would of never let you go. I would of never hurt you. Because now it's hurting me...'

Daehyun put his hand on Baekhyun's cheek and caressed it. 'Stop hating yourself for what happened. It won't change anything. Just stay strong for Taehyung'.

Baekhyun nodded. He was enjoying Daehyun's touch. He had missed it so much. Baekhyun pushed his cheek more into Daehyun's hand.

Daehyun kept caressing his cheek. He knew he should stop, but he was enjoying being close to Baekhyun again. He was starting to understand what Chanyeol said about it being hard to resist Baekhyun.

As Daehyun and Baekhyun stared at each other. Daehyun saw something different in Baekhyun's eyes he'd never seen before. He saw how upset and sincere Baekhyun was being. He felt Baekhyun was being completely honest with him about everything this time. Before, Daehyun saw fear in his eyes from getting caught. And he felt his eyes weren't being completely truthful to him when they would hanging out together. But now, he noticed the complete change Baekhyun had.

Baekhyun started to pull away from Daehyun, but he felt Daehyun grab him and pull him towards him again. Baekhyun looked at him shocked.

'Dae?'

But Daehyun didn't say anything. Instead he pulled Baekhyun closer to him and kissed him.

Baekhyun tried to pull away, but found himself kissing Daehyun back. He wrapped his arms around Daehyun's neck and kissed him passionately.

They layed on the couch, Baekhyun on top of Daehyun, as they kept kissing. Their hands exploring each other's bodies. Daehyun's hands pulled at Baekhyun's shirt.

Baekhyun started to remove his shirt, he felt how much Daehyun wanted this. He was surprised Daehyun wanted him just as much as he did. Baekhyun was enjoying being close to Daehyun again as they kept kissing, but he suddenly pulled away from him.

'What about Youngjae?' Baekhyun asked as he looked at him.

Daehyun pulled away from Baekhyun and sighed. 'You're right. I'm sorry, Baek'.

Baekhyun smiled. 'I just don't want you to have the same regret I do. Don't cheat on Youngjae if he's really the one you want'.

Daehyun nodded. 'You really have changed'.

Baekhyun nodded and bit his lip. 'I've had a lot of time to think about what I did'. Baekhyun looked at him and played with Daehyun's sleeve as he spoke. 'Believe me. I want you so much. But you'll regret it later'.

'You're right. I don't know what I was thinking'. Daehyun said as he pulled away from Baekhyun.

Baekhyun closed his eyes. He hated having to let Daehyun go again after what just happened between them.

He got off of Daehyun and walked him to the door. 

'I guess I'll see you and Taehyung tomorrow'.

'Alright'. Baekhyun smiled.

Baekhyun closed the door after Daehyun left. He could still feel Daehyun's touch on his skin. He wanted to go after Daehyun, but he knew he couldn't. They shouldn't of even did what they did...