More complications

I Love You...No You (Daebaek / Hyun family)

Baekhyun folded the paper and put it back in the envelope. Then he went back to feeding Taehyung without saying a word to Chen.

'What's wrong, Baek?' Chen asked as he looked at Baekhyun and saw how quiet he was being. 'Are you upset about the results?'

Baekhyun shook his head. 'It doesn't matter what the results said. Chanyeol is not going to be around my son'.

'Baek...don't do that. Chanyeol has every right to be around his son'.

'Chen, Chanyeol told me he never wants to hear from me again'. Baekhyun stopped feeding Taehyung and turned towards Chen. 'I won't have Taehyung around a father who hates me'.

'Daehyun is mad at you too, so it wouldn't of mattered if the results were reversed'.

'Just drop it. Chanyeol is not going to be around my son!'

Baekhyun stood up and grabbed Taehyung and took him to his room, slamming the door behind him.

Baekhyun sat on the bed and held Taehyung tight. He looked at Taehyung carefully as he finished his bottle. Taehyung stared up at Baekhyun and smiled when he was done eating.

Baekhyun smiled and kissed his forehead.

'Why did Chanyeol have to be your father?' Baekhyun whispered.

'I love him, but I think Daehyun would of been better'.

Baekhyun sighed as he set Taehyung's bottle on the nightstand. There was nothing he could do about the results. He still liked it better when he didn't know who Taehyung's father was.

 

*A few days later*

 

Baekhyun had just gotten home from the store with Taehyung. Chen was home when they got there.

'You're home early'. Baekhyun said as he took the bags to the kitchen.

'I got off work early today'.

'Great. You can help me put the groceries away'. Baekhyun said as he set Taehyung in his bouncy seat so he could finish putting the groceries away.

Chen brought the last of the groceries to the kitchen and put them away.

'Baek...' Chen said looking at Taehyung in his bouncy seat. He was trying to avoid looking at Baekhyun cause he was afraid of his reaction with what he was about to tell him.

'Yeah?' Baekhyun turned to him.

'I...uhh...ran into Chanyeol today'.

Baekhyun froze and looked at Chen shocked. 'Please tell me you didn't say anything to him about Taehyung'.

Chen looked at the ground. 'I did'.

'How could you?' Baekhyun glared at him. 'I told you I don't want him near my son. Especially after what happened between us'.

'He didn't believe me about Taehyung. He thought I was joking'.

'Good. He doesn't need to know'.

Chen sighed. 'Baek, I know he's your son and you can choose to not have Chanyeol around him. But at least let him know that he's a father. Maybe he'll help you take care of him'.

'I'll think about it'. Baekhyun said. But in his head, he was screaming 'Noooooo!'

Baekhyun picked Taehyung up from his bouncy seat and made his way to the living room to watch tv.

He had Taehyung in his lap and was trying to get him to go to sleep.

 

Just when Taehyung had fallen asleep, the doorbell rang. Baekhyun sighed when Taehyung woke up and started crying.

Baekhyun tried to calm him down as he made his way to the door. But he kept crying.

'Shh'. Baekhyun said as he rocked Taehyung. 'It's okay'.

Baekhyun opened the door with his free hand and was surprised to see Chanyeol standing on the porch.

Baekhyun held Taehyung closer to his chest. 'What are you doing here?' Baekhyun asked.

'That's some greeting'. Chanyeol said.

'Well, what do you expect after you told me you never wanted to hear from me again?'

Chanyeol nodded. 'I know. But I ran into Chen today and he told me you had a baby and that I was the father'.

'That's none of his business'.

Chanyeol got closer to Baekhyun. 'You know, I didn't believe it when he told me. But then I remembered getting consent forms for a DNA test, and the pieces started matching up. So I wanted to come and see the baby'.

Baekhyun kept holding Taehyung tight against his chest. 'Well, he's right here'.

'Can I hold him?'

Baekhyun thought about it then slowly handed Taehyung to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol smiled at Taehyung and made his way past Baekhyun so he was inside the apartment.

Baekhyun kept his eyes on Taehyung the whole time afraid to let him out of his sight.

Taehyung was staring at Chanyeol as he on his pacifier, not knowing how he felt about him.

'Why didn't you tell me about the baby?' Chanyeol asked.

'Like I said, you told me to never contact you again'.

Chanyeol sighed. 'I'm sorry. I was still really upset about what happened'.

'I know'.

'But, I wish you would of told me sooner'.

'Would you of even answered the phone if I had called you?'

Chanyeol shrugged. 'Good point. I probably would of denied the call'.

'See?' Baekhyun said. 'I don't want Taehyung to be a part of this mess we're in'.

Chanyeol glared at him. 'Hey, we're in this mess because of you'.

'This is what I mean. Taehyung doesn't need to be around this fighting'.

Taehyung looked from Baekhyun to Chanyeol and started getting scared.

Baekhyun reached for him and took him from Chanyeol.

'I don't want to keep fighting with you Chanyeol. I know I made a huge mistake, so stop rubbing it in my face'.

'You have no idea what you put me through all these years'.

'I keep telling you I'm sorry. But it just isn't enough'.

'No, it's not. Sorry means nothing coming from you'.

Baekhyun glared at him. 'Get out!'

'No!'

'I will not put up with this. Besides, you're scaring Taehyung'.

Chanyeol started heading towards the door, but then turned towards Baekhyun. 'What about me seeing my son again?'

Baekhyun shook his head. 'I don't want you near my son if you're going to keep fighting with me over something that happened months ago'.

'I'm sorry Baekhyun, but I have a lot of anger still in me from that night'.

'You need to get rid of it if you want to be around Taehyung'.

'You can't keep me from seeing my son'.

Baekhyun glared at him. 'Watch me'.

Chanyeol sighed. 'It really was a mistake for me to come over here. I knew I should of stayed away'.

'Not as big of a mistake as us being together'.

'Us being together was a mistake to you?' Chanyeol asked.

'We're too different. We never should of been together'.

'That doesn't change the fact that we have a child together'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'I didn't even want to find out who the father was. I was going to protect him from fighting parents'.

'So you were never going to tell me?' Chanyeol crossed his arms as he stared at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun shook his head. 'He doesn't need to know'.

'I never knew you were so heartless'.

'I'm not being heartless. I'm being protective'.

'Why don't you want me to be around my son? I won't hurt him'.

Baekhyun bit his lip. 'I know'.

'Then what is it?'

'I don't want you to be the father...' Baekhyun whispered.

'What?' Chanyeol leaned closer to him.

'I wanted Daehyun to be the father!' Baekhyun said louder.

Chanyeol looked at him shocked. 'So, you like Daehyun more than me?'

'I'm sorry, but yes. I realized that I couldn't let Daehyun go because I loved him more than you'.

Chanyeol sighed. 'Fine, you can have Daehyun. But the baby is still mine, and I will spend time with him whether you like it or not. I won't let you keep me from him'.

Baekhyun looked at the ground. 'Please leave'.

Chanyeol slammed his hand against the door frame and left.

Taehyung started crying at the sound.

Baekhyun shut and locked the door then tried to calm Taehyung down.

 

Baekhyun sat back on the couch and rocked Taehyung. Taehyung looked up at Baekhyun and on his pacifier as he calmed down.

Chen walked into the room a few minutes later and saw how upset Baekhyun was.

'What's wrong?'

'Chanyeol stopped by'.

'Really?' Chen looked at him surprised. 'What happened?'

'We fought. Just like I knew we would'.

'Is that all you did?'

Baekhyun nodded. 'Pretty much. But I think he hates me even more now'.

'Why?'

'Because I told him I didn't want him around Taehyung and that I don't want him to be Taehyung's father'.

Chen looked at him confused. 'But, I thought you were fine with Chanyeol being the father'.

Baekhyun looked over at Chen. 'I lied'.

'What?'

'Daehyun should of been Taehyung's father'.

'You really think that would of made a difference?'

Baekhyun shrugged. 'At least I'd have an excuse to be with him again'.

'I thought you also loved Chanyeol'.

Baekhyun shook his head. 'Not like I used to. Besides I love Daehyun more'.

'Have you tried to contact him again?'

'No. What's the point? He made it clear that he doesn't want to talk to me again'.

'I'm sorry, Baek'.

'It doesn't matter. All the matters is taking care of my son. I'm all he's got'.

 

Daehyun ran into Chanyeol at work the next day and noticed something wasn't right.

'Hey, are you alright?' He asked.

'Fine'. Chanyeol didn't look at him and kept his eyes on the computer screen.

'Do you want to go get lunch later?' 

Chanyeol shook his head. 'I'm good'.

Daehyun couldn't understand what was going with Chanyeol. But he couldn't talk to him at work, so he waited till after work and walked with him out the building.

'Hey, what's going on with you?'

'I told you I'm fine'. 

'You just don't seem like yourself today'.

Chanyeol sighed. He knew he wasn't going to be able to keep it a secret for much longer.

'I saw Baekhyun yesterday'.

'Really? Why?' Daehyun looked at him surprised. 'I thought you were done with him'.

'I am. Well romantically I am'.

'So, you just ran into him?'

Chanyeol shook his head. 'He's staying with a friend, so I stopped by their place'.

Daehyun was confused by was still curious about Baekhyun.

'Did you straighten things out?'

'Not exactly. Things are worse between us. And it's partly your fault?'

'What?' Daehyun was more confused than ever. 'My fault? But I haven't seen him in months'.

'I know. But you remember the DNA test we took?'

Daehyun nodded.

'Well, turns out Baekhyun had a baby and he was trying to figure out which one of us was the father'.

Daehyun's eyes got wide. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. He couldn't believe Baekhyun had a baby after they broke up.

'What happened?' Daehyun asked.

'I found out that the baby is mine, but Baekhyun doesn't want me around him'.

'I still don't get what I have to do with this'. Daehyun said.

Chanyeol looked at him. 'Baekhyun wanted you to be the baby's father, not me. He's all pissed off about it'.

Daehyun stood there shocked not knowing what to do.

'So, that's how you fit in to all this. Baekhyun loved you more than me'.

Daehyun shook his head. 'It doesn't matter. Baekhyun and I aren't getting back together'.

Daehyun hated saying those words cause deep down he wanted Baekhyun, but knew he couldn't as long as he was friends with Chanyeol.

Now he didn't know how to feel knowing that Baekhyun and Chanyeol had a child together now. He thought it would be best to stay away from them. He was done with Baekhyun, and now he wanted to be done with Chanyeol so he wouldn't cause anymore problems.